The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I wonder what the university HR department will think of Sheldon's wish to change back ?

They well go along with it. Just to avoid the Sheldontron. 

15 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Another couple of points.   This episode and the previous one (the one that will be broadcast on Thursday) is a mini arc of Sheldon finding his way back to String Theory.    Also, it seems that Leonard and Amy have a couple of cute scenes together in both episodes.  

Q8GK6_s-200x150.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So this Beth Behr is the villain of the episode.

Raj sidesteps all those foaming at the mouth for him to screw up. (I'm sure someone will still try to say he should've known the info that was kept from him ahead of time).

Sheldon working on String Theory again means nothing unless it produces a plot altering event. Nothing monumental has happened with anyone's job.

Expeditiously is not a word I'd think a spelling bee champion would boast about knowing.

Edited by Shelldon
  • Like 2
  • Run to India 2

Just now, Shelldon said:

So this Beth Behr is the villain of the episode.

Raj sidesteps all those foaming at the mouth for him to screw up. (I'm sure someone will still try to say he should've known the info that was kept from him ahead of time).

Sheldon working on String Theory again means nothing unless it produces a plot altering event. Nothing monumental has happened with anyone's job.

I don't agree. Raj is getting involved with a married woman. Raj seems like the villan here. Per usual..

• Run to India 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Tensor said:

Heheheheh, we already have all of that information from the press release.   

I know. It's just for confirmation. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I don't agree. Raj is getting involved with a married woman. Raj seems like the villan here. Per usual..

1. Beth Behr has already gone back to dating before her divorce has even gone through.

2. Raj of all people defends Oliver, meaning Oliver must have gotten hit pretty hard.

3. She doesn't inform Raj of the big change happening in her life, leaving him to unexpectedly deal with drama from Oliver.

3 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

1. Beth Behr has already gone back to dating before her divorce has even gone through.

2. Raj of all people defends Oliver, meaning Oliver must have gotten hit pretty hard.

3. She doesn't inform Raj of the big change happening in her life, leaving him to unexpectedly deal with drama from Oliver.

Where does it say she didn't inform Raj?    

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

14 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

did you get that from somebody's instagram ?

Yeah We don't know she diddnt inform Raj she was married. Far as we know Raj knew. 

• Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

did you get that from somebody's instagram ?

There is evidently no evidence to show she didn’t tell Raj what was going on. 

1 hour ago, Shelldon said:

I don't think I have seen enough to know what it means or why it happened. What changed?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tensor said:

OK here's what we knew before the episode shot:

Koothrappali finds himself in the middle of domestic drama when he learns the woman he's dating, Nell (Beth Behrs), has a very upset husband, Oliver (Walter Goggins). Also, when Sheldon rents his old room back for a quiet place to work, he drives Leonard crazy by being a model tenant.

This is what I got, through a message from kerrycec03:

Sheldon rented his old room to be considerate to Amy.  Sheldon is fully back to working on String Theory.   Lenny united but Penny funny. We know Sheldon drives Leonard crazy, but in the end, Leonard wants to change the agreement.  Sheldon being Sheldon has several demands to make the change, whichI would guess in relief, Leonard is OK with.   Lenny were united, but Penny was described as being funny.    At the end of the Raj plot he doesn't end up with Beth Behrs' character, but he does befriend her husband.  Before befriending the husband, there is a scene where Raj defends him, in a rather creepy way.   Fun & cute.

7 hours ago, Tensor said:

Another couple of points from kerrycec03.   This episode and the previous one (the one that will be broadcast on Thursday) is a mini arc of Sheldon finding his way back to String Theory.    Also, it seems that Leonard and Amy have a couple of cute scenes together in both episodes.  

@kerrycec03 thank you so sooo much!!!! (And thanks @Tensor for posting it)

Edited by bfm
  • Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Thank you @kerrycec03 and @Tensor for the infos! I hope, Kerry, that you had a wonderful time at the taping and I'm really grateful you took time for us!

• Like 4

Thank you so much for the info provided about the taping, @Tensor and @kerrycec03. I hope you had a great time, @kerrycec03!

Also a big thanks to @luminouswho is always so nice sharing everyday all things TBBT related. Kudos to you all who take your time to keep us informed about all Tbbt news!

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 8
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

On 1/7/2018 at 1:50 PM, SRAM said:

I guess if I was trying to run the show, I would try to find a way to keep it going, if it is still on top next season.  The one way to reduce costs and give the actors more time, that immediately comes to mind, is not use all the actors in all the episodes.  If the writers planned ahead they could give the actors any time they want or need and it would save on salaries for each episode.  Just doing an episode without Lenny would save almost $2 million and doing one without Shamy or Howardette and Raj would save way over a $1 million.

I believe they may be on a play-or-pay deal. Backing that up, Since the top 5 are giving up $100k to augment Mayim & Melissa's salary, that would mean if there was an episode that (for example) Kaley and Kunal were not in, that $200k would not be available. That would cause some problems with contracts.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

I believe they may be on a play-or-pay deal. Backing that up, Since the top 5 are giving up $100k to augment Mayim & Melissa's salary, that would mean if there was an episode that (for example) Kaley and Kunal were not in, that $200k would not be available. That would cause some problems with contracts.

This sort of thing could be written into a contract when it was being negotiated. It's what lawyers are paid to do.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tensor said:

Another couple of points from kerrycec03.   This episode and the previous one (the one that will be broadcast on Thursday) is a mini arc of Sheldon finding his way back to String Theory.    Also, it seems that Leonard and Amy have a couple of cute scenes together in both episodes.  

I'm really delighted to finally see Leonard and Amy finding common ground.  

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

This sort of thing could be written into a contract when it was being negotiated. It's what lawyers are paid to do.

Correct, remember if they did a season 13 it would be a new contract.

4 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Thank you so much for the info provided about the taping, @Tensor and @kerrycec03. I hope you had a great time, @kerrycec03!

Also a big thanks to @luminouswho is always so nice sharing everyday all things TBBT related. Kudos to you all who take your time to keep us informed about all Tbbt news!

Thank you so much everyone - much appreciated! X

• Like 3