The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

11 hours ago, Tensor said:

This is what I got, through a message from kerrycec03:

Thank kerrycec03 for me. That was very kind.

11 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

So Raj slept with a married woman? That doesn't surprise me for some reason 

Do we know that he knew she was still married, or had she told him she was separated and divorcing or what? I missed where that was discussed if it was.

• Like 3

Do we know that he knew she was still married, or had she told him she was separated and divorcing or what? I missed where that was discussed if it was.

According to@Tensor th couple are actually separated. This came from another person who was at the taping or had Info about the Taping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2018 at 7:46 AM, HeWolf said:

Usually the performers say that, to them, The People's Choice Awards are the ones they appreciate most.

TBBT was never going to win an Emmy or Golden Globe for 'Best Comedy Series'. TBBT is a show that simply tries to entertain. There is no agenda. No one is trying to make a 'statement' about anything. TBBT is just not 'deep' enough to win an Emmy or Golden Globe. 

Math, or no math. Sheldon's comments represent his perception of Penny and her sexual activities at that point in time. Whether, or not, he had the numbers right, he has never made any effort to conceal his views concerning his concept of Penny's promiscuity. This is one of the main sticking points with the idea of any possibility of there ever being a romantic Shenny relationship. Sugar coat it, or see it as a blunt reality, but Sheldon has never tried to hide his beliefs that Penny is an intellectually inferior, sexually promiscuous, vocationally challenged woman. Many times he has communicated these beliefs directly to her and she is well aware of how he perceives her. From Penny's perspective, Sheldon is an intellectual elitist snob, who is condescending, insulting, dismissive, and manipulative. (And, she believes Dr. Wackadoodle is crazy.) Over the course of their relationship these two have come to appreciate certain qualities in one another, and have no doubt come a to a mutual affection. But, in my opinion, the idea of them ever developing romantic feelings is, and always has been, laughable,.

Bravo!  Great analysis

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Zimtzicke, it actually comes from two different sources, and it was a combination of the two.  Raj didn't know she was married, but upon finding out that while she was married, he also found out they are separated.    Now, these were early this week.  We'll have to see what makes it into the final cut.  If they go by their usual schedule, they should show the episode prior to next week's taping.   If so, I'll bring that tidbit to the taping report next week.   

Thanks, Tensor. That's the part I've been wanting to know too - what Raj knew.  I hope you have a great time. I wonder if they show us how Raj and Nell met ?

Edited by joyceraye

On 1/9/2018 at 9:33 AM, hokie3457 said:

Nice post @He Wolf .  On awards, that world is changing dramatically.  Network television (I mean CBS, NBC, ABC & FOX) are clearly on the descent. For the most part awards and more and more nominations are going to the streaming services (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu) and to premium cable services (HBO, Showtime).  There are outliers, such as Modern Family's recent (2015???) win for best comedy and Allison Janney's two consecutive wins for best-supporting comedic actress in Mom.  Things are definitely changing.  Transparent, Orange is the New Black, Game of Thrones, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (which I love!), Veep and Big Little Lies are the sort of shows awards are going to....

On the Sheldon/Penny portion of your post:  I couldn't agree more.  They are close friends nothing more.  They are as close as Sheldon is to Leonard, perhaps a bit less so. Sheldon still annoys Penny in a big way, but there will never be anything romantically between them as there is a mutual lack of respect for aspects of each other's personalities.  Penny will never get past the fact that Sheldon sees her as "just a blonde monkey".  Despite what may happen on the next episode, Sheldon will never see Penny as approaching him as an equal in any way, shape or form (he does, grudgingly) at times sees Amy as such.

Anyway, that is my two cents worth.....

Would like to see two awards in each category for Emmys and Golden Globes: one for cable & streaming services and one for network TV......but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

23 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Do you people read or pay attention to press releases lol

We all know they don’t give out a press releases ahead of a taping. They have only done once in 11 years.

The Shamy Weeding experiment was last week aires episode. The other plot line about Sheldon old room os this week episode airing on Thursday

Maybe the guest stars Beth Behrs and Walton Goggin had previous committments and they pretaped their scenes. That could explain why the episode synopsis was released before the taping.

• Like 1

The comparison between cable, streaming and network is very flawed at the least.  When you count the number of people who watch reruns of the same TBBT episode for each time that episode is shown, for some TBBT episode over many years, the viewer numbers will blow away cable and streaming viewership. TBBT reruns have viewer numbers many network and cable shows would love to have.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, SRAM said:

The comparison between cable, streaming and network is very flawed at the least.  When you count the number of people who watch reruns of the same TBBT episode for each time that episode is shown, for some TBBT episode over many years, the viewer numbers will blow away cable and streaming viewership. TBBT reruns have viewer numbers many network and cable shows would love to have.

There are many evenings where I watch several episodes of TBBT instead of what is regularly on network tv...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

There are many evenings where I watch several episodes of TBBT instead of what is regularly on network tv...

That's how I started watching it. 

TBBT's biggest competition is...ITSELF.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

That's how I started watching it. 

TBBT's biggest competition is...ITSELF.

Ahh that explains why the show has run its course. It has no compeition to compete with :taunt:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tensor said:

YESSSSSSSSS, Wil Wheaton at my taping....

Had a feeling that you'd be excited about this.  lol

• Like 3
  • Leonard Cupid 1

1 minute ago, vonmar said:

Haha, me too.  :shy:

w_04.gif.7ce0635fe76e8fc934d84517acf0b07e.gif

• Like 7
  • It's a Tiara 1

2 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Thanks for posting that. 

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 1

21 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Thanks for posting that. 

You know Wil is on the Forum and said "Yes!  Tensor will be at my next taping!!!"! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Speaking of Syndication and Reruns. TBBT has about 56 reruns a week where I live which adds up to 8 times a day.

What kind of Ratings do TBBT Reruns get compared to others shows Reruns like Fresh Prince, Seinfeld, and Everybody Loves Raymond? I guessing it does better only because of it still on the air in original broadcast network airing.

I wonder if TBBT will be as popular in reruns 20 years after it ends like Seinfeld is now 20 years after it ended? You cant turn in the TV on or change the channel without seeing Seinfeld Rerun is on. It practically airs all day every day.

Fresh Prince is another show that constantly on Reruns and is on several channels a day. It has been on Nick at Nite for years in Primetime or at a resonance hour. Back when it was at the height of its popularity on Nick at Nite when it had almost constant weekend marathons from 9-4et and had 3 hours of airings on weekdays people would jokingly call the network “Fresh Prince st Nite” because it was overrun on the network.

Raymond os a show that since it ended in 2005 has always been airing somewhere. For the longest time, it aired 3 sometimes 4 hours every afternoon on TBS now it on 4 hours every night on TV Land for the last couple years.

A more recent show (which ended the year Big Bang Theory came on the air) that kind of surprised that it was very popular in Reruns considering that it wasn’t really mediocrely popular in its original run was George Lopez.

George Lopez was like Fresh Prince was overran on Nick at Nite for several years (came on Nick at Nite in 2007) it aires as much as 3 hours a night and also had constant Reruns on Weekends. It was a show that wasn’t really popular in its original run but was explosively popular in reruns. There been others shows like that, for example, King of Queens though in recent years. GLS popularly in Syndication has subdued a little bit probably due to burnout.

Some shows are very popular as soon as it hit reruns (usually in more recent years because they are still on the air in the case TBBT if it popular in original airings but may weaken in reruns ratings once it goes off the air), Some are not popular or ratings success when it still in the air but end up being very popular in reruns

Some shows are very popular on original network nut mot popular in reruns in the case of Maude and Murphy Brown. Some struggle at first despite bring popular on its original broadcast network. Cosby Show bombed in reruns at first in 1987

Some shows are just as popular once hit returns as it is or was in its original broadcast. 

Some shows, particularly from the 1990s that were very popular in reruns at first well kind of disappear from reruns for awhile (sometimes for years) or their airing, will be dramatically scaled or cut down like Full House and Roseanne which in recent years have seen a sudden resurgence probably due to their revivals. Full House now back on Nick at Nite where came back in 2016 after for being on the network for a few years

So which way will Big Bang Theory go? will it hold up in Syndication 10-30 years from now? or even 40-60 years from now like I love Lucy and All in the Family? 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Speaking of Syndication and Reruns. TBBT has about 56 reruns a week where i live which adds up to 8 times a day.

What kind of Ratings do TBBT Reruns get compared to others shows Reruns

Last year, TBBT was a fixture in the daily and weekly cable ratings, usually in the top ten.   It generally pulled in a 0.7 to 1.1 rating on TBS (look at the weekly ratings for new shows on Broadcast networks and you'll realize what a feat this is.  This year, my source is no longer including syndicated shows in it's rating posts, so I can't tell what it's doing.   But, the fact that TBS is still running so many nights of it, indicates it's a money maker for them.

It generally is in the top five syndicated programs.   And it should be remembered that those shows ahead of it (Judge Judy, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, and Family Feud) run new shows, where TBBT is running repeats.  It has dropped from a few years ago, when it accomplished the unprecedented feat of being number one in both Broadcast and Syndication.    

I don't get the local ratings for TBBT, but it is in the important 7-8 PM local slot here and it's the only evening show on the schedule all seven days (those shows that run from 5-6, and 6-7 are replaced with different shows on the weekend).  Not to mention, when the local channel has a special or the local NFL team to broadcast at 7:30, they generally pre-empt the other show at 6:30 and run a TBBT episode.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, hokie3457 said:

....and what I always like to point out: the thing that sold TBBT into syndication was its first three seasons.....before the dawn of "The Sheldon Show"....(sorry; not sorry).

???

But the more episodes you have, the more attractive a show is for syndication.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

....and what I always like to point out: the thing that sold TBBT into syndication was its first three seasons.....before the dawn of "The Sheldon Show"....(sorry; not sorry).

Yes, true but now there more episodes of the shame relationship then there are Epsidoe not with the relationship.  The Writing was very good in season 4-6 in general 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Hilts said:

???

But the more episodes you have, the more attractive a show is for syndication.

The Show originally went up for bid on syndication with only seasons 1-2 complete, season three in progress, and renewed for season four.  The deal closed on 15 May, 2010, right at the end of season three.     

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yes, true but now there more episodes of the shame relationship then there are Epsidoe not with the relationship.  The Writing was very good in season 4-6 in general 
The writing imo wasn't that great

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1