Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Carlos said:

If memory serves me right, Sheldon recollected his father having a drinking problem, and his mother and him fighting about it.

Exactly: they tried to fix something that wasn't broken. They shouldn't have given any kind of explanation, so that viewers could just attribute it to Sheldon's OCD. 

It was his OCD that made him turn it into a habit, I suppose.  He was trying to make the point that he was afraid of becoming like his father and straying or otherwise hurting Amy in years to come. They could have left out the knocking explanation, I agree. Sheldon's fears could have been expressed just as well without that bit tacked on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chucky said:

I believe we have proven that Howard started out a creep and now he's just a hen-pecked creep.

Correct me if I am wrong, I do believe that was the last of sweet, innocent Bernadette.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I thought that's why sheldon knocks 3 times because he caught his dad cheating

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 

So he said (I think).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, djsurrey said:

So he said (I think).

I think he was explaining to Penny the reason for his iconic knock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

All the characters are a bunch of self righteouss, self centred, asinine, borderline sociopathic criminals. Feel better? :taunt:

Let's see the worst things the characters ever did. 

Sheldon well that would be a long long long list. But to me the Bitcoin Theft stands out to me. I am not sure I agree that Sheldon is not dishonest. In Season One he lied to Penny about her showcase. He lied to Amy for years about having a drivers license. 

Leonard. Well cheating on Penny is up their. Getting with Stephanie behind Howards back. But like Penny said its Howard. 

Penny. She did sleep with brothers. But that was before the pilot. Probably telling Howard your going to die alone. But he kinda deserved that. 

Raj 4x24. That is all. 

Bernadette. Probably marrying Howard LOL

Amy. I Don't know can't think of anything she has ever done that was poor form. 

 

 

Leonard did not cheat on Penny 

  • Like 6
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is and isn't cheating is up to the individual. I, personally, don't think he cheated. I'll say it now, loud and clear, NO ONE can convince me otherwise. 

  • Like 4
  • It's a Tiara 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He kissed another woman who wasent Penny. Too me that's cheating. But I'm pretty black and white Person. Again it's up to the individuals interpretation. But hey we all know if the roles were reversed. And Penny did exactly what Leonard did. People would see it very differently. But theirs countless threads on this subject. 

  • Run to India 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

He kissed another woman who wasent Penny. Too me that's cheating. But I'm pretty black and white Person. Again it's up to the individuals interpretation. But hey we all know if the roles were reversed. And Penny did exactly what Leonard did. People would see it very differently. But theirs countless threads on this subject. 

I know. This is just me stirring the pot and having fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chrismo said:

So Mayim won Critic's Choice.

Good. What's good for her is good for the show.

7 hours ago, chucky said:

I think he was explaining to Penny the reason for his iconic knock.

Which, again, he didn't always do.

 

2 hours ago, chucky said:

What is and isn't cheating is up to the individual. I, personally, don't think he cheated. I'll say it now, loud and clear, NO ONE can convince me otherwise. 

I agree. And always have.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, veejay said:

That’s the fun to beat. :icon_cheesygrin:

how_158.gif.3c5070ebda52c8f95a8be338af1b5c46.gif

That was hilarious, LOL! Also laughed so much with Howard and Raj trying to sing low but playing their instruments load, lol! This episode has a few comedy gems performed by Penny as she helped Sheldon with String Theory as she told it to Leonard and Amy; Leonard  and Amy doing Science and Howard and Raj rehearsing. Surely one of my favourite episodes from the season and the icing on the cake was the the tag scene: Bert was wild, lol! Rock and roll, baby! :icon_cheesygrin:

 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Koala Face 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved seeing Sheldon and Penny together again even if it was short-lived. We definitely need more of them. They just bring the level of the show up when they're together, IMO. I'm also loving Leonard and Amy as much as I loved them when they went to that wedding together so many years ago. In my opinion, those two pairings need more screen time!

  • Run to India 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, EggCoriander said:

I loved seeing Sheldon and Penny together again even if it was short-lived. We definitely need more of them. They just bring the level of the show up when they're together, IMO. I'm also loving Leonard and Amy as much as I loved them when they went to that wedding together so many years ago. In my opinion, those two pairings need more screen time!

I beg to differ, Leonard and Penny need more meaningful screen time. They are married you know.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

He kissed another woman who wasent Penny. Too me that's cheating. But I'm pretty black and white Person. Again it's up to the individuals interpretation. But hey we all know if the roles were reversed. And Penny did exactly what Leonard did. People would see it very differently. But theirs countless threads on this subject. 

He was drunk and the kiss was for like 3 seconds. It not like they started making out or went t bed together.  If you think a 3 seconds kiss (including when drunk) is cheating then 99.9% of the world population are cheaters.  What about Female Friends who share a quick kiss with their Female Friends is that cheating? I have seen people kiss on TV (News People who work together, Celebrities) etc) thought they probably won't do that anymore. They probably are cheaters to then 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

So Mayim won Critic's Choice

Best supporting actress in a comedy series or something or other,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Tensor said:

There are several different thread and in thread discussions about this.  We can argue about 1 on and on(as has been done).  It's going to be how you see it, as to whether being drunk is an excuse.  As for 2, Raj knew Priya was going back to India, and Penny confessed to him, that she screwed up breaking up with Leonard.  

I absolutely agree with your comment.  That is what always bothered me about that episode. The fact that Penny confessed her mistake in breaking up with Leonard and had deeper feelings for him and missed him, the fact that Raj knew his sister was going back to India, the fact that yes they both were drunk but Raj seemed to recall more about their encounter than Penny especially with the condom, and lastly he asked Penny to promise to keep his embarrassment a secret but boasted to anyone how he bedded Penny. Not a very good friend indeed.

  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

He kissed another woman who wasent Penny. Too me that's cheating. But I'm pretty black and white Person. Again it's up to the individuals interpretation. But hey we all know if the roles were reversed. And Penny did exactly what Leonard did. People would see it very differently. But theirs countless threads on this subject. 

Yes  What about when Penny wanted to give Leonard a birthday party and it ended up a disaster and when she told him about it she kissed him lovingly. Wasn't she going out with this guy Mike at the time?  So I guess this is a form of cheating to some.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Yes  What about when Penny wanted to give Leonard a birthday party and it ended up a disaster and when she told him about it she kissed him lovingly. Wasn't she going out with this guy Mike at the time?  So I guess this is a form of cheating to some.

Also, wasn’t Penny’s sleeping with Leonard after her date with Zack cheating on Zack?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Also, wasn’t Penny’s sleeping with Leonard after her date with Zack cheating on Zack?

I guess everybody has a past!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

I absolutely agree with your comment.  That is what always bothered me about that episode. The fact that Penny confessed her mistake in breaking up with Leonard and had deeper feelings for him and missed him, the fact that Raj knew his sister was going back to India, the fact that yes they both were drunk but Raj seemed to recall more about their encounter than Penny especially with the condom, and lastly he asked Penny to promise to keep his embarrassment a secret but boasted to anyone how he bedded Penny. Not a very good friend indeed.

Here, here. What an outstanding post and thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chucky said:

I beg to differ, Leonard and Penny need more meaningful screen time. They are married you know.

I know they're married. No need to be short. Honestly, I don't care for Leonard and Penny as much. I find the dynamic between S&P and L&A and S&A more satisfying. 

Edited by EggCoriander
  • Like 1
  • Run to India 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EggCoriander said:

I know they're married. No need to short. Honestly, I don't care for Leonard and Penny much. I find the dynamic between S&P and L&A and S&A more satisfying. 

To each their own. I find S&P totally unlikely unless major changes are put in their characters. For proof, read any Shenny story and notice the characteristics of S&P are majorly different. I myself don't read that trash unless it's not labeled as Shenny. Even then I might get thru 2 to 3 sentences before I puke.

7 minutes ago, EggCoriander said:

I know they're married. No need to be short. Honestly, I don't care for Leonard and Penny as much. I find the dynamic between S&P and L&A and S&A more satisfying. 

Who's being short? I wasn't sure if you knew they were married.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chucky said:

To each their own. I find S&P totally unlikely unless major changes are put in their characters. For proof, read any Shenny story and notice the characteristics of S&P are majorly different. I myself don't read that trash unless it's not labeled as Shenny. Even then I might get thru 2 to 3 sentences before I puke.

Oh no, I'm not for a romantic relationship with S&P. I used to be a while back, but now I'm rooting for S&A. I just love the chemistry between the Sheldon and Penny on screen. They have a wonderful friendship that's fun to watch. Same with L&A but I wouldn't want them together either. But I'm also not rude about it to anyone who may like a different couple than I do. 

Edited by EggCoriander
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EggCoriander said:

Oh no, I'm not for a romantic relationship with S&P. I used to be a while back, but now I'm rooting for S&A. I just love the chemistry between the Sheldon and Penny on screen. They have a wonderful friendship that's fun to watch. Same with L&A but I wouldn't want them together either. But I'm also not rude about it to anyone who may like a different couple than I do. 

I'm not rude, just giving you my point of view.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.