The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Mayim got a Critics Choice Award. Not sure that is evidence how much of the audience are still into this show. Let's be honest its not as popular as it once was. That is of couse natural with a show in its 11th season.

It is interesting this forum though. Some say i prefer SP, LA dynamics. I coulden't care less about SP dynamic. Their is just no depth their. I have shipped Lenny since the pilot. Because I can relate to the guy desiring the hot girl. Then the hot girl growing up and letting her guard down. They wrote them so realistically. that is what I loved. The degredation of the character of Penny was a bit of a turn off for me. The way they portray Lennys marrage at times. So I Don't think this is an issue of chemistry. Most tallk how Johnny and Kaley have great on screen chemistry. They dated for three years in real life after all. But more the writing has declined. 

Cheers was still very popular in it 10th and 11th Season even more then it was in it First 5 Seasons. The Rebecca years were more popular than the Diane years. I get what you saying but some shows were more popular in their later seasons they were early one. Seinfeld is another good example and so is M*A*S*H (ran 11 Seasons) . TBBT is actually more popular now then it was in season 1 and 2 

I do agree about Johnny and Kaley chemistry 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 2

My point wasn't about lenny not having any chemistry but but ppls who diss lenny's chemistry. Delete please. Still don't get why it was edited. Wasn't hating on posters just my opinion on what certain shippers were saying about lenny and responding. Did not see their post get edited.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Tripper
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

MOD. Please delete this post. Edited version sounds like I'm dissing lenny. My point wasn't about lenny not having any chemistry but but ppls who diss lenny's chemistry. Delete please. Still don't get why it was edited. Wasn't hating on posters just my opinion on what certain shippers were saying about lenny and responding. Did not see their post get edited.

You can delete it yourself by clicking on Options 

You can delete it yourself by clicking on Options 
Not on the tbbt website. Using tapatalk app. Not sure if you can delete from there.

Just now, Tonstar17 said:

Not on the tbbt website. Using tapatalk app. Not sure if you can delete from there.

You can I have don it form the app 

9 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

MOD. Please delete this post. Edited version sounds like I'm dissing lenny. My point wasn't about lenny not having any chemistry but but ppls who diss lenny's chemistry. Delete please. Still don't get why it was edited. Wasn't hating on posters just my opinion on what certain shippers were saying about lenny and responding. Did not see their post get edited.

Personally, I feel they have no chemistry. I'm allowed to feel that, the same way people feel like it's the Sheldon Show and hate that when I actually really like Sheldon. We all have our opinions. It could be because the writers don't really focus on L&P anymore, but even back when they were dating and in the early seasons, I just never felt it.

• Like 4
  • Run to India 2

Personally, I feel they have no chemistry. I'm allowed to feel that, the same way people feel like it's the Sheldon Show and hate that when I actually really like Sheldon. We all have our opinions. It could be because the writers don't really focus on L&P anymore, but even back when they were dating and in the early seasons, I just never felt it.
I guess I'm different than you I saw it from the start

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 7

When the series started it was a window into the lives of people of a type millions of us had never encountered. However, they've gone on to lead lives that everybody else will recognise and perhaps participate in. Not everyone will find the changed scenarios funny. Eleven years later the scientists are still scientists with an additional two scientists for good measure, but there's far,far less of what used to be extraordinary and it's inevitable that the original appeal will have gone for viewers who prefer shows that are different from what they see at home. 

• Like 2

Personally, I'm hoping that the writers explore Penny's career more. Now that Sheldon is returning to string theory, perhaps an arc for Penny is just around the corner, as it could run parallel with his. While many are speculating that Wil Wheaton is back for some Shamy wedding planning, he's offered acting advice to Penny in the past and could be back to dish out some more. It will be interesting to see what the next taping unveils.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

Personally, I'm hoping that the writers explore Penny's career more. Now that Sheldon is returning to string theory, perhaps an arc for Penny is just around the corner, as it could run parallel with his. While many are speculating that Wil Wheaton is back for some Shamy wedding planning, he's offered acting advice to Penny in the past and could be back to dish out some more. It will be interesting to see what the next taping unveils.

They have rolled back the years and WW is his enemy again. If he's interacting with Sheldon it's probably the second round of that of this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

They have rolled back the years and WW is his enemy again. If he's interacting with Sheldon it's probably the second round of that of this season.

It could be another episode focused on Wil's gig as Professor Proton and their reestablished feud. It's hard to say.

• Like 2

It could be another episode focused on Wil's gig as Professor Proton and their reestablished feud. It's hard to say.
Yeah, with WW it could go anywhere. He is tptb antagonist.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

He kissed another woman who wasent Penny. Too me that's cheating. But I'm pretty black and white Person. Again it's up to the individuals interpretation. But hey we all know if the roles were reversed. And Penny did exactly what Leonard did. People would see it very differently. But theirs countless threads on this subject. 

So according to your definition Sheldon cheated with Ramona, right?

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Carlos said:

So according to your definition Sheldon cheated with Ramona, right?

Yes. Difference their of course is we saw Sheldon and Ramona on screen. We saw their body langauge. Sheldon was also lupid, Leonard was not. SO it is hard to differentiate from the two. To me if you put yourself in a position to iniate or receive a kiss. That is cheating. I Don't have much gray areas on the subject. I found Leonard lying about it for two years. And even going as far as working with Mandy. As a kick in the guts to Lenny fans. Of course we know they just made it up, an imaginary tangent on the timeline. To make Sheldon look better. But hey thats TBBT since Season 8. 

Its funny though. I am probably alone on this subject. Look if majority of the Lenny fanbase don't think Leonard cheated. I can accept that. But this is a discussion forum. And I am not entitled to my individual opinion? Hmmm.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Run to India 1

4 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Yes. Difference their of course is we saw Sheldon and Ramona on screen. We saw their body langauge. Sheldon was also lupid, Leonard was not. SO it is hard to differentiate from the two. To me if you put yourself in a position to iniate or receive a kiss. That is cheating. I Don't have much gray areas on the subject. I found Leonard lying about it for two years. And even going as far as working with Mandy. As a kick in the guts to Lenny fans. Of course we know they just made it up, an imaginary tangent on the timeline. To make Sheldon look better. But hey thats TBBT since Season 8. 

Sheldon didn't know he was in that position. He thought Ramona was a friendly colleague. And when he had his doubts, he confronted her. And after she confirmed, he told her why they should not be together and that's when she kissed him. Sheldon only played a part in it by being dumb enough to not recognize Ramona's intentions.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

It feels to me like the writers are starting to run out of ideas and are just rewriting old episodes with a little different twist to the story, 

Same here. Only difference I think that happened 4 seasons ago.

5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Penny does one bad thing one episode she is the wolf. People ripped her when she ignored Leonard and bonded with Raj. Leonard then bonds with Amy. Penny feels left out. So Penny goes hang with Sheldon. I mean either way she gets teared. Leonard consistently ignores his wife. Leonard at times is just as bad to his wife, as Penny is. It seems he gets treated as some kinda victim. Oh Poor Leonard. Lol I am sorry but I Don't buy it. I am Sorry but a marrage is a two way street. She wasen't at all. Leonard was the one ignoring her. Sorry not sorry.

Really? Really? Really? Really? Really? Really? Really? Really? Really? Really? What show have you watched fir the past 11 years? Certainly not TBBT to make a comment like that. That is factually wrong.

5 hours ago, EggCoriander said:

I don't understand. If you don't watch the show anymore, why do you come to a fan forum about it and complain? I am genuinely confused.

Do we need to explain ourselves now why we come here? Really?

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Do we need to explain ourselves now why we come here? Really?

No. But it doesn't make sense for me to go to a forum for seafood lovers when I hate the stuff. Not only would I be wasting my own time talking about something I don't really like, it kinda puts a damper on their love for it. 

• Run to India 1

19 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Leonard did not cheat on Penny 

Yes he did.

• Thanks 1

No. But it doesn't make sense for me to go to a forum for seafood lovers when I hate the stuff. Not only would I be wasting my own time talking about something I don't really like, it kinda puts a damper on their love for it. 
For me i don't hate the show just what tptb have done to it for seven year's the show was about all the characters then starting with the 8th season tptb gave us a completely different program. Instead of 7 funny characters we 1 character who isn't that funny and we been here for 3 and a half seasons complaining about it to me sheldon isn t that funny

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, EggCoriander said:

Sheldon didn't know he was in that position. He thought Ramona was a friendly colleague. And when he had his doubts, he confronted her. And after she confirmed, he told her why they should not be together and that's when she kissed him. Sheldon only played a part in it by being dumb enough to not recognize Ramona's intentions.

Well actually he didn't know but should have known. All his friends warned him about the fact that there was a possibility that what happened would. Sheldon chose to ignore them, so he put himself on that precarious position and it is a situation he could have avoided altogether. For the record I don't think, based on what we as viewers know that Leonard or Sheldon cheated, but was responding to 3ku11's post.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chiany said:

Yes he did.

Thank you for your irrelevant and erroneous opinion. We already posted on this, you and I, and we'll never agree. Let's stop wasting everybody's time answering to each other's posts, shall we?

• Like 6

I think I'll write a book 1001 excuses that can be used by any sheldon fan in any situation

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Koala Face 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2