The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

First I would like to thank everyone on this forum for the last 4 days wether we agree or not Everyone has helped me get through a very stressful 4 days .Before Christmas my doctors found a spot on my right lung and after several tests they were 80% sure it wasn't cancer so Tuesday they cut that spot out of lung and took 2 limp nodes to test them too. Everything came back negative for cancer thankfully and i came home from the hospital today. Now i have basically have 2 months to recover and I'm bored already

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Glad you doing well. Wishing you a continuing recovery.  Advice: Stay away from cable News IUt will drive you crazy lol 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

As for Howardette get meatier plots then Lenny? As a married couple they seem to project and portray then far more satisfactory then Lenny. I mean point of reference they had a far better wedding. IT does seem odd Lenny the original, and their baby. They treat their baby like dirt at times. It really is the second child syndrome. I guess it helps Howardette don't have a Sheldon to deal with. They have Raj and Stuart LOL. Sheldon has moved out now. So he is no longer Lennys buffer. So maybe the show is now forced to just deal with Lenny as a married couple. So maybe their level of writing is simply not strong enough. Lenny live in 4A. The main centre peice of the show. SO its just mroe noticeable. I guess then Howardette. 

Perhaps it is possible that the writers just like to defy expectations. No one expected jerk Howard to get married first or be a dad first. We might have expected Lenny to have a lot of wedding planning. It has all got to be backwards.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

First I would like to thank everyone on this forum for the last 4 days wether we agree or not Everyone has helped me get through a very stressful 4 days .Before Christmas my doctors found a spot on my right lung and after several tests they were 80% sure it wasn't cancer so Tuesday they cut that spot out of lung and took 2 limp nodes to test them too. Everything came back negative for cancer thankfully and i came home from the hospital today. Now i have basically have 2 months to recover and I'm bored already

Take care of yourself, glad to hear everything went well.

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Wow @legacy99 ! So glad you got that good news, but yikes! So very stressful for you! Take care of yourself during your recovery period!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Not saying that. obviously they were skyping. Amy must have asked what he has been doing today? He obviously didn't mention hanging out with Ramona. And if it led to some kissing action, don't you think the other half will want to know every details that led to it for the sake of piece of mind. Especially if they are engaged.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sheldon mentioned Ramona to Amy in the first Skype conversation they had after his lunch with her,referring to her as Dr Novitski. Ramona even spoke to Amy when Ramona was with Sheldon in 4B. It was Amy's reaction to Sheldon's first mention of Ramona  that made her alert Bernadette and Penny. All the people at dinner in 4A  except Bernadette had met Ramona before. An old post-graduate student who's worked on the HLC and is now a doctor wouldn't be brought in as a friend just because she's a woman ?  So far as we know, Amy didn't convey any of her misgivings to Sheldon. She's always feared other women would see him as 'sex on a stick' and even gave him a whistle in case other women came on to him in a public convenience. 

BTW do they have swimming scholarships ? Would Ramona's potential as an Olympic swimmer have got her through her studies so that she didn't have to wait on tables like Bernadette ?

3 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Wow @legacy99 ! So glad you got that good news, but yikes! So very stressful for you! Take care of yourself during your recovery period!

And don't laugh too hard at TBBT until you're all healed up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

Great to hear the good news  and take really good care of yourself during the recovery period. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

As for Howardette get meatier plots then Lenny? As a married couple they seem to project and portray then far more satisfactory then Lenny. I mean point of reference they had a far better wedding. IT does seem odd Lenny the original, and their baby. They treat their baby like dirt at times. It really is the second child syndrome. I guess it helps Howardette don't have a Sheldon to deal with. They have Raj and Stuart LOL. Sheldon has moved out now. So he is no longer Lennys buffer. So maybe the show is now forced to just deal with Lenny as a married couple. So maybe their level of writing is simply not strong enough. Lenny live in 4A. The main centre peice of the show. SO its just mroe noticeable. I guess then Howardette. 

Glad your okay!

I totally agree with you, I think the writers could do a lot better job with Lenny if they only wanted. The stories that Lenny gets are usually not thought through and also seems rushed at times. 

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, legacy99 said:

Glad to know you are doing better. I wish you the best.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, bfm said:

That's interesting, especially considering we get much less spoilers this season. Perhaps that leaves more for speculations and debates.

I think you're absolutely right about this.

16 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Although I Still think he brought it up eve of their wedding. To Subconciousley sabotage himself.

THAT is why I loathed the elopement. They argued all the way there and then got married anyway. I think don't they should have gone through with it. Then they wouldn't have had to redo it.

16 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

The show decided to throw the Protagonist, the heart of the series Leonard.

I never considered Leonard the heart of the series. I always saw it as an ensemble but Sheldon was the one that was unique and different.  I didn't even like Leonard that much in the beginning.

15 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Truthfully if you take one character out of the whole group not it kills the whole show IMO.  But I think Raj would be the easiest to replace 

Not replace. Just drop. Definitely of all of them it's Raj that could go back to India, be remembered fondly and never seen again.

14 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I thought he had an eidetic memory and it wasn't in his DNA to keep a secret?

His memory comes and goes as the writers need a plot point. I hate that.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
loust typist
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Glad your okay!

Glad everything is ok  Stay well!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, legacy99 said:

Wishing you absolutely all the best. So happy that everything was negative.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Glad you got good news from these nodes test, @legacy99. I wish you a quick and safe recovery. :)

Online comunities like this forum most of times be part of users lives for years. Consequently, we live through happy times, hard times as we step by often or not so often to check our favourite show news or we feel into discuss most recent episodes , old or upcoming ones. It helps to be here as we try to handle with things in our real lives that seem easier as we spend a good time talking about our favourite characters, episodes or scenes. Sometimes it is better than an apointment with a therapist and also cheaper, lol.

What I am trying to say is it is really great when we all here willing to  help a member to feel better whatever the reason. We all are fans but we are also human beings with emotions and issues, we are not machines, the way we use to  communicate is a machine( laptop, cell phone, etc). We dont.

Cheers to Big Bang Theory and us! *raising mug of tea*

tumblr_mchybwt4tu1reynh1o1_500(1).gif.168f8d5db4d2330553afeb4870ccba07.gif

Great post @spidergirl. I couldn't have said it better myself. A thousands likes from me if I could do that. 

Edited by Lagernisse
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, legacy99 said:

Great news on your tests, now take the time to chill and recover properly.

• Like 8

Ok all, just got done with the tour.  There weren’t any scripts laying around, I did see the few sets.  4B/hallway/4A, of course( all the chairs with the various names were stored in the hallway).  The cafateria was set and the swing set to the left of the audience had Shamy’s bedroom. We know Wil is in this episode, and the porch of his house is set up.  There was another set, with what looked like a bed, possibly a doctor’s office, or hospital room, but i didn’t get a close enough view to be sure. The other swing set to the right of the audience, I did not see. 

Thank You Tensor. Hope you having a Great Tine in L.A. and enjoying the Warm Weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Thanks so much for all WB tour details, @Tensor! How excitting it may be, to be closer to all these sets! Have fun! :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Ok all, just got done with the tour.  There weren’t any scripts laying around, I did see the few sets.  4B/hallway/4A, of course( all the chairs with the various names were stored in the hallway).  The cafateria was set and the swing set to the left of the audience had Shamy’s bedroom. We know Wil is in this episode, and the porch of his house is set up.  There was another set, with what looked like a bed, possibly a doctor’s office, or hospital room, but i didn’t get a close enough view to be sure. The other swing set to the right of the audience, I did not see. 

Great, Penny is seeing a doctor because she thinks that she is pregnant, or perhaps she wants to sell some drugs to a doctor. :sarcastichand:

Hope you are having a great trip and thanks so much for the info. 

Edited by Lagernisse
  • Like 5

Thanks, @Tensor, how was to see in person all those sets that you have watched on TV for 11 years? Enjoy your stay and I hope you get to attend to a great episode!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 6