Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 6/28/2017 at 3:04 PM, Mario D. said:

Like the idea of Raj meeting an Indian girl. One that he could interact with and be completely at ease.....emotionally and sexually.   As for Penny I always had the notion that she could possibly get a sales award from her company and then receive a promotion as maybe a spokesperson for the company where she could use her sales experience and her acting background.  Seems like a perfect fit for her.

Always said that they could give her a job acting in their commercials, so that "Dreams do come true"!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Can't be hard Shamy Shamy Shamy. End Scene. Reference Lenny vaguely. Cut to Howardette. And Howard's impressions. 

Well given how the season ended it would be odd if the first episode of season 11 isn't Shamy focused, I think that is why this DT is so quiet, because of the season 10 finale.All those who have no interest in Sheldon/Shamy or the possible engagement have nothing to talk about due to the season 10 finale being centered around Sheldon/Shamy.All those who are interested in the Sheldon/Shamy and the possibilty of them getting engaged are happily discussing it over in the Shamy season 11 DT.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zephon75 said:

Well given how the season ended it would be odd if the first episode of season 11 isn't Shamy focused, I think that is why this DT is so quiet, because of the season 10 finale.All those who have no interest in Sheldon/Shamy or the possible engagement have nothing to talk about due to the season 10 finale being centered around Sheldon/Shamy.All those who are interested in the Sheldon/Shamy and the possibilty of them getting engaged are happily discussing it over in the Shamy season 11 DT.

 

You're right but I think @3ku11's formula will aply to most of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, bfm said:

You're right but I think @3ku11's formula will aply to most of the season.

Probably, but i'm going to try and be optimistic and believe we'll get loads of Lenny goodness, i know it's along shot but i need to motivate myself into watching the show now.

Edited by Zephon75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw I wasent being disengeniois. I was just being clever Haha. I have no ill will towards Shamy shippers here. My formula for the season is just based on the s10 Finalie. And overall the past three seasons. Prob not a lot of interest in the new season around here ATM. Well still hiatus, and ppl have life's lol. But the s10 Finalie diddnt leave you hanging. Unless your a Shamy shipper. Rest of the audience. It's like doing the dishes. You know you have to do them eventually. But it's like ehh what's on the other Chanel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jonny said:

I would be happy to talk about Raj but then maybe we need a Raj Season 11 thread instead for that.

I think the problem is we weren't left with much to talk about regarding Raj. The only change that happened with him was that he is now in financial trouble and goes through weird living arrangements. That is a big change but IMO we weren't shown anything to make us optimistic about him behavior/personal-growth-wise.

8 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

Probably, but i'm going to try and be optimistic and believe we'll get loads of Lenny goodness, i know it's along shot but i need to motivate myself into watching the show now.

I also still have hopes for good Lenny stuff. Hope for the best, expect the worst. I make these jokes but that doesn't mean these are my serious 100% thoughts, they are jokes (would you look at that, I guess I have one thing in common with Penny after all). I'm not 100% sure that is what will happen, I hope it won't, but I do fear that.

Edited by bfm
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bfm said:

I think the problem is we weren't left with much to talk about regarding Raj. The only change that happened with him was that he is now in financial trouble and goes through weird living arrangements. That is a big change but IMO we weren't shown anything to make us optimistic about him behavior/personal-growth-wise.

At least 48 episodes (actually feeling pretty confident we will get more than that right now) to find a way to give his story a rewarding conclusion. If it's going to happen then I would expect to see major signs of it being on the cards during Season 11. #saveraj

If nothing happens with his story arc then I can totally see articles being written years after the show ended criticizing the show for his story.

Edited by Jonny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Jonny said:

.....

If nothing happens with his story arc then I can totally see articles being written years after the show ended criticizing the show for his story.

r_020.gif.0b72d36c3130cd743e3177783ff73fb7.gif

:shy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Jonny said:

At least 48 episodes (actually feeling pretty confident we will get more than that right now) to find a way to give his story a rewarding conclusion. If it's going to happen then I would expect to see major signs of it being on the cards during Season 11. #saveraj

If nothing happens with his story arc then I can totally see articles being written years after the show ended criticizing the show for his story.

You mean more than 2 more seasons? I highly doubt that. I was surprised that they went past 10. Not because of the season itself (though it had many problems) but because I thought they would wrap it well with 10 successful seasons. Then I was surprised they got 2 and not just one more because the stories seem to be drying out. So I highly doubt another one but what do I know?

And I wasn't saying they won't do anything with him, just that, IMO, they didn't do enough in season 10 to keep us pondering his future. I hope whatever they do it will be at least partly satisfying for us. What they did this year wasn't satisfying enough to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, bfm said:

You mean more than 2 more seasons? I highly doubt that. I was surprised that they went past 10. Not because of the season itself (though it had many problems) but because I thought they would wrap it well with 10 successful seasons. Then I was surprised they got 2 and not just one more because the stories seem to be drying out. So I highly doubt another one but what do I know?

Well, it isn't about creativity or quality - those things are highly subjective anyway. What matters to TPTB at CBS is if it's still profitable and despite higher production costs and lower total ratings the show is still a pretty save bet for them. They will milk this for all its worth and they literally said that they won't let go of it as long as there's still money lying on the table. If TBBT keeps its position at the top of the ratings, especially when it comes to demo numbers, I'm sure they'll at least try to renew it again. Whether or not the actors would agree to that is of course a different question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

I would be happy to talk about Raj but then maybe we need a Raj Season 11 thread instead for that.

Regarding Raj, to me there is some speculation of why he abruptly moved out of Apt. 4A.  Don't know why I get the feeling that there is an underlying factor to him moving out. Did Lenny say something to him about living there considering Raj and Penny history?  They both seem to have wanted him to find another place especially after "The Collaboration Fluctuation" episode that his presence became too uncomfortable for them. Why do I get the feeling that the night Raj and Penny were together will come up again and Penny will finally confess to Leonard exactly what happened in a heart to heart talk. IDK, maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, April said:

Well, it isn't about creativity or quality - those things are highly subjective anyway. What matters to TPTB at CBS is if it's still profitable and despite higher production costs and lower total ratings the show is still a pretty save bet for them. They will milk this for all its worth and they literally said that they won't let go of it as long as there's still money lying on the table. If TBBT keeps its position at the top of the ratings, especially when it comes to demo numbers, I'm sure they'll at least try to renew it again. Whether or not the actors would agree to that is of course a different question.

That's kind of sad. Numbers don't say it all. I'm afraid they might overstay their welcome. This way, even if they keep relatively high ratings the show might be remembered as much worse than it was for most of its run. Think of "How I Met Your Mother" - I think its last season, and undoubtedly the last episode, made the whole thing appear much worse than it actually was. I think these kind of things might hurt reruns/on demand viewing rates. 

Edited by bfm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Regarding Raj, to me there is some speculation of why he abruptly moved out of Apt. 4A.  Don't know why I get the feeling that there is an underlying factor to him moving out. Did Lenny say something to him about living there considering Raj and Penny history?  They both seem to have wanted him to find another place especially after "The Collaboration Fluctuation" episode that his presence became too uncomfortable for them. Why do I get the feeling that the night Raj and Penny were together will come up again and Penny will finally confess to Leonard exactly what happened in a heart to heart talk. IDK, maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part.

Nah I just think his financial situation is more under control now and an opportunity presented itself to get out of there. It was only a temporary thing, from a viewer point of view I thought it was rather pointless for his character. They should have done more with it/him being there, no affairs though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Regarding Raj, to me there is some speculation of why he abruptly moved out of Apt. 4A.  Don't know why I get the feeling that there is an underlying factor to him moving out. Did Lenny say something to him about living there considering Raj and Penny history?  They both seem to have wanted him to find another place especially after "The Collaboration Fluctuation" episode that his presence became too uncomfortable for them. Why do I get the feeling that the night Raj and Penny were together will come up again and Penny will finally confess to Leonard exactly what happened in a heart to heart talk. IDK, maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part.

I found the way Raj went out of 4A pretty abrupt too, but there was no point to begin with with that plot, so I took it as one of the many times the writers swept uncomfortable topics or writing mistakes under the rug to never mention them again. And, IMO, that's exactly what the S. 4 finale was, a tremendous writing mistakes which backfired badly. And the writers know that perfectly.  That's why I highly doubt they might want to have broach this sore spot up again six years after it happened. A dig once in a while....sure, a whole "serious" plot about it...no way! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bfm said:

I think the problem is we weren't left with much to talk about regarding Raj. The only change that happened with him was that he is now in financial trouble and goes through weird living arrangements. That is a big change but IMO we weren't shown anything to make us optimistic about him behavior/personal-growth-wise.

I also still have hopes for good Lenny stuff. Hope for the best, expect the worst. I make these jokes but that doesn't mean these are my serious 100% thoughts, they are jokes (would you look at that, I guess I have one thing in common with Penny aftet all). I'm not 100% sure that is what will happen, I hope it won't, but I do fear that.

I highly doubt that there will be a lot of Lenny in these two last seasons to be honest. If you look back at the previous seasons it is clear that the writers doesn't really care anymore about Lenny so I don't see any changes in future seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Regarding Raj, to me there is some speculation of why he abruptly moved out of Apt. 4A.  Don't know why I get the feeling that there is an underlying factor to him moving out. Did Lenny say something to him about living there considering Raj and Penny history?  They both seem to have wanted him to find another place especially after "The Collaboration Fluctuation" episode that his presence became too uncomfortable for them. Why do I get the feeling that the night Raj and Penny were together will come up again and Penny will finally confess to Leonard exactly what happened in a heart to heart talk. IDK, maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part.

Nah, doubt it! If writers wanted Raj with Penny, they would had not wasted the chance as they put both in same bed in s4. Besides imo there were not any romance vibes what comes to Penny and Raj, as they are only good friends with some interests in common.  Maybe as Raj moved out from 4 A might mean something more focused on Raj for next season but tbh I am not much believer of that. The impression I have lately is the writers dont know much what to do with Raj character. It is a pity, there are a few things they could work about him if they made the effort.  Let see if I am mistaken at end. Hope I will.

Edited by spidergirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Nah, doubt it! If writers wanted Raj with Penny, they would had not wasted the chance as they put both in same bed in s4. Besides imo there were not any romance vibes what comes to Penny and Raj, as they are only good friends with some interests in common.  Maybe as Raj moved out from 4 A might mean something more focused on Raj for next season but tbh I am not much believer of that. The impression I have lately is the writers dont know much what to do with Raj character. It is a pity, there are a few things they could work about him if they made the effort.  Let see if I am mistaken at end. Hope I will.

I think @Mario D. meant that Penny could tell Leonard that what lead to her fooling around with Raj was her being heart broken over Leonard's serious relationship with Priya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Raj didn't just have to interact with Lenny when he was living there, they could have had him interacting with Shamy more. lol the highlight from a dire season for him and the Raj scene I laughed at the most was when Sheldon and Raj were baking.

A real missed opportunity to get creative with this storyline I thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, bfm said:

That's kind of sad. Numbers don't say it all. I'm afraid they might overstay their welcome. This way, even if they keep relatively high ratings the show might be remembered as much worse than it was for most of its run. Think of "How I Met Your Mother" - I think its last season, and undoubtedly the last episode, made the whole thing appear much worse than it actually was. I think these kind of things might hurt reruns/on demand viewing rates. 

What broke HIMYM's neck wasn't so much the last season but specifically the last, like, 5-10 minutes where they threw the whole show under the bus. If it weren't for the BS ending people would remember the show much more fondly - even with the last season cause at least then it would have had a purpose to the narrative. As long as Molaro & co don't pull a HIMYM ending they should be fine.

And well, being at the top of the ratings still shows that enough people like the show as is and it's ridiculously popular around the globe.

No need to worry about its reputation either cause it already has its own hatedom akin to an indie band that got mainstream success and now all the hipster kids complain that they sold out and they don't make music like they used to (lol) - so that particular train has left the station a long time ago.

TBBT is what it is and what it always has been if I may be so frank. Sure, it's a bit different because the characters evolved and the focus has shifted (see the screen time project) but better or worse is very subjective. To me it was never as sophisticated as people mad it out to be. It's a show that started with masturbation jokes, for goodness sake! I'd say "TBBT isn't Shakespeare!" but even he had plenty of dick jokes so that doesn't really work. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I found the way Raj went out of 4A pretty abrupt too, but there was no point to begin with with that plot, so I took it as one of the many times the writers swept uncomfortable topics or writing mistakes under the rug to never mention them again. And, IMO, that's exactly what the S. 4 finale was, a tremendous writing mistakes which backfired badly. And the writers know that perfectly.  That's why I highly doubt they might want to have broach this sore spot up again six years after it happened. A dig once in a while....sure, a whole "serious" plot about it...no way! 

:scratchhead:

n_030.gif.8b74239ee830b21b4248bc4bbc4822c9.gif

E: It's just Raj told me that a while ago, you two hooked up.
P: What?! Oh, why would he say that?
S8 - The Hook-Up Reverberation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, veejay said:

:scratchhead:

n_030.gif.8b74239ee830b21b4248bc4bbc4822c9.gif

E: It's just Raj told me that a while ago, you two hooked up.
P: What?! Oh, why would he say that?
S8 - The Hook-Up Reverberation

Thanks @veejay! I am naive in many things so someone help here...I always though a "hook-up" was the completion of "the deed" (or in TBBT parlance: coitus). If so, the continuing bragging of that sort by Raj is beyond low. Especially since he is talking about two of his best friends. I really hope we've seen & heard the last of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Thanks @veejay! I am naive in many things so someone help here...I always though a "hook-up" was the completion of "the deed" (or in TBBT parlance: coitus). If so, the continuing bragging of that sort by Raj is beyond low. Especially since he is talking about two of his best friends. I really hope we've seen & heard the last of it.

Sadly I don't think we have heard the last of this stupid plot from the writers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.