[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house

Hello guys,   I am so sorry, I promised a taping report but it was a crazy week and I didn't have time to write one. Here is what happened(I don't know if you already get any other repo

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I fel

Posted Images

Scene 11 Lenny's apartment pre-tape.   Leonard is talking to his mother on Skype.  He's wondering if he was writing about Penny subconsciously, Beverly says don't you mean unconsciously?  Leonard says sarcstically thanks mother.   Then he says something about her being nice for a change (again a paraphrase) and she says something about why he keeps coming back.  He suddenly realizes that he's been modeling the mean boss on his mother.  He rushes to tell Penny, BURSTING INTO THEIR BEDROOM (yes, we finally have a bedroom sighting.)  where Penny is folding clothes.   This triggers a flash to the story, with Beverly saying all the same lines as the other bosses.  While all the dialogue sounded mean-sexy with the Penny boss, and just mean with the Bernadette boss, it sounded really creepy  with Beverly as the boss knowing Beverly is his mother.   As for the bedroom, it wasn't seen long, and all I can remember is that the sheets were white, with red flowers and there was fluffiness and lace on the Pillows.  We'll get a better look once we can pause it.  

Tag.   Shamy are watching PP, with Amy on the show.   She makes a joke and the show ends with the song.   Amy and Sheldon are talking and Amy says she's proud of Sheldon because she knows how hard it is for him to control his jealousy.  He says it is hard.  Amy again says something about being proud and Sheldon agrees.   Amy rises off the couch and says she's going to bed.  Sheldon rises and says he's going to the roof.  Amy say "fine" or "I know" and "I love you" and heads off to the bedroom, Sheldon leaves the apartment.   after about 10 seconds, you hear what sound's like a frustrating yell from Sheldon.  

BTS;  It started out as a rough night for Jim.  He had a problem with the balloon for the hoverboard (they had to get another hoverboard) and then when they continued, he blew a line.   In the first scene in the cafeteria, Jim blew another line and they stopped, there was a laugh when the mic picked up Kunal saying, "but it's my best line."  Then, as they tried to finish the scene, Kunal messed up a line.  So they reset and finally finished it.  In scene seven, Mayim was saying her lines and all of a sudden she just stopped and said "Too many lines."  So, they reset and finished that scene.  When Sheldon was telling Amy she could inspire some young girl to enter the sciences he sounded so sincere, that the audience "Awwwwwwwwwwww'd".   Mark Sweet told us the sound people didn't want the awwwws as it make s it difficult to edit, so please be quiet on the next take.  They did all the scenes twice, and the scene with the hoverboard three times.  I was close to Mayim as she came up to the railing at the end to talk to a young male teen who, I gathered from Johnny and Kaley's comments, was there from Canada, and I think had a medical problems (he was sitting in the VIP section.). This is it for the taping report. I have a couple of things happen with the taping (all good) and I'll get to those in the next post.  

Thank Tensor really appreciate it. Sound like you had a good time.

This sounds like it will be a Good Episode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Tensor said:

....BURSTING INTO THEIR BEDROOM (yes, we finally have a bedroom sighting.....

Thank you @Tensor! These episode seems to be quite fun. I'm pretty sure you have a good time all around. Enjoy your further adventure.

Btw. special thanks for this special detail.  :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I know a lot of people here know of my medical problems.   For those who don't, I have trouble, at times, walking any kind of distance, say a block or two, without the aid of a cane.  Around the house isn't a problem, or a quick run into the store I can handle.  The people at AU were very kind and I was offered a cart to take me to the stage, it's quite a hike for someone like me. 

I was offered a end seat to make it easier.   While we were waiting for everyone to enter, Mark Sweet stopped by to ask if we were ready, and if we were excited.  Something he does as the audience comes in.  For those who don't know, Mark is the guy who keeps the audience "up", keeps them loud, keeps them cheering.  He also fills the time between scene changes with games, a few magic tricks.  He gets people up to dance, and sing.  He also reminds you that when you have to watch the scene a second time, to trying to look at it as if it's the first time you've seen it.   It's a tough job, but he is one of the best in the business.  He does all of Chucks multi cams (there aren't needed in the single cam shows), he works for Johnny on By the Book and also on a couple of other current CBS shows.  I was able to talk to him for about four or five minutes, and he stopped by a couple of times afterward. He even threw me a couple of pieces of candy.  

Toward the end of the show, he invited people to come up to and talk about what the show meant to them.  I went up and talked about being into science fiction, comic books, chess, and war games when I was a teen, and also how I was bullied.   But, I mentioned I relate so well to Leonard and Penny because of the way my relationship went with my wife.  I said I found my Penny and we've been married for over 40 years.   Mark was kind enough to give me the last picture for the night, of the cast, with autographs.     

I was able to stop and talk with Gary Cuoco  (Kaley's dad) for a few minutes.  I just wanted to thank him for his comments regarding supporting military veterans (I'm a 100% disabled military vet).  We don't agree on everything politically, but I have to give him props on that particular subject, so I stopped and thanked him.  

One funny thing was while I was waiting in the outside line, I was explaining our forum and I ran into three people who came to this site, and got information on how to get tickets and where to go on the date of the taping.  So we talked a bit more, we would be talking and they would ask a question and I would have the answer.  They called me a TBBT encyclopedia.  One of the guys, was named, get this, Rajesh.   He was from India  and he had planned this trip for a few months.  It was fun talking to him and when Mark was talking to him, even the crew turned around to listen to his story.

Finally, I want to thank all those who wished me well with this trip.  It has been a rousing success, I've enjoyed myself  immensely, and it's not something I'm ever going to forget.

Ah well, home tomorrow.  I want to apologize for being behind in the ratings, but I'll have them up by the end of the week.  I was also able to work on, and also be publishing the first chapter of a new fan fic on Thursday, three years to the day that I finished "Chew Toy".   Again thanks everyone.  

So happy for you had a great vacation time and a memorable tbbt taping. I loved the fan touch you put in each part of your taping report and in bts descriptions, it was a joy to read it. Thank you, thank you! :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Chiany said:

Leonard the Hero, what a good joke hahaha.

But the episode sounds a bit interesting. we will see how it plays on screen.

What's laughable is Shelly-boy being a hero. He, Howard and Raj are perfect examples of cowards.

14 minutes ago, Chiany said:

Leonard the Hero, what a good joke hahaha.

But the episode sounds a bit interesting. we will see how it plays on screen.

Well, it's more likely Leonard would be a hero than the complete ass Sheldon was in this episode.   The misogyny was strong in this one tonight.  In addition to the crack about landing a husband, he had another where he said something about believing women have feelings.  I didn't  quite remember that one, so I didn't include it, but it did get a derisive laugh.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, chucky said:

What's laughable is Shelly-boy being a hero. He, Howard and Raj are perfect examples of cowards.

So the biggest pushover is the hero in your mind?

• Run to India 1

12 minutes ago, Chiany said:

So the biggest pushover is the hero in your mind?

Yep.  As opposed to Sheldon, who couldn't even be happy for, and was really jealous of, his fiancé.  She went to bed, he went to the roof so he could he could yell in frustration for the good job his fiancé did.  How it that even a hero?  

• Like 9

Thank you, Tensor. Really appreciate your TR. And glad you had a great time.

I finally understand Jessica's frustration with this season. I kind of thought she was overreacting lately, but she's been right all along. It's sad they're still going with the petty/jealous Sheldon this season, even though he's about to get married. Oh well. What can we do. Wait and see, I guess.

• Like 2

Leonard has been the hero of the series since the pilot. Not sure why anything thinks thats changed. 

Sheldon is not a hero. He is an ass, and is mysognistic. But this is nothing new. 

A Hero to me I would even consider Leonard who is a push over. But has always been the rock of the show. The one few episodes back when Raj and Howard were having a fight, played mediator. Or even the one in Season 7 Bought Penny a car and saved her. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Yep.  As opposed to Sheldon, who couldn't even be happy for, and was really jealous of, his fiancé.  She went to bed, he went to the roof so he could he could yell in frustration for the good job his fiancé did.  How it that even a hero?  

Have I said anywhere that Sheldon should be the hero?

2 minutes ago, Chiany said:

Have I said anywhere that Sheldon should be the hero?

I was using the word hero, simply because I couldn't remember the name of the character who is the hero, in the book.  That character is based on Leonard, but is not Leonard.  So any comments about Sheldon being the hero, are the same as commenting on Leonard being the hero. I was just pointing out that I would rather have a hero like Leonard, pushover or not, rather than a misogynistic ass like Sheldon was portrayed as in this episode. 

• Like 6

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic