[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

2 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Sheldon: Coins lodged in body parts is not a source of amusement. When I was five, Billy Sparks put a Mexican peso up my nose.

Howard: How is that not amusing?

Sheldon: It’s still there. Takes me 45 minutes to get through airport security. 

"It's still there." Not believable.

Your "not believable" is someone else's "believable".  

After all...

On 8/10/2017 at 3:33 PM, djsurrey said:

I guess we all see it through a different lens.

Right?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Your "not believable" is someone else's "believable".  

After all...

Right?  

My guess is it would be too dangerous to leave a coin in there.

1 hour ago, Sah said:

I for one am super excited for Young Sheldon:girlcrazy:

I'm happy to give it a chance.

• Koala Face 1

5 hours ago, djsurrey said:

A lot of us have been bullied at one time or another.Who knows what went on with the coin. Sheldon was only five at the time and the story seemed unbelievable when told.

"It's still there." Not believable.

I don't know what that really means. Don't know if we will find out either. I expect we will find Sheldon was not at badly treated as he has made out on TBBT.

I'd also point out that Sheldon once referred to a knock at the door as "fresh hell" because the start of halo night was behind schedule.

It's only a quote from the Scottish play. Doesn't mean much.

2 hours ago, djsurrey said:

I'm happy to give it a chance.

I think most will watch the first episode though ads for the show make it seem like a teen show which many won't like. Also the inconsistencies such as Sheldon's father being dumb and living in a house/mobile home goes against him being s principal of a school in the new show. If there trying attract new viewers it's going to be tough since many wouldn't of watched TBBT. Many regular viewers are going to bothered as I said earlier because inconsistencies between the two shows are going to happen to make YS somewhat watchable.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

"It's"

....which part?

I meant 'What fresh hell is this ?' ( from the play whose name actors don't say ) which you quoted above referring to  'Sheldon once referred to a knock at the door as "fresh hell" because the start of halo night was behind schedule.'.

14 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I meant 'What fresh hell is this ?' ( from the play whose name actors don't say ) which you quoted above referring to  'Sheldon once referred to a knock at the door as "fresh hell" because the start of halo night was behind schedule.'.

Always love to learn something. Thank you.
Since I am not an actor I could name the Scottish play.

That connection does not change the context in which Sheldon used the phrase. He is a drama queen.
Apparently Fresh Hell is also the name of a series with Brent Spiner. I don't think that changes the context either.

• Haha 1

I think. It would be a problem if they changed cannon. And Sheldons childhood was not that bad after all. I mean they already changed cannon with Sheldon knocking on door thing. You know his father cheated. Their seem to be many inconsistencies from what I've seen of YS. Seems to be a hybrid of ICarly lol. So yes Teen Show Format. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

Perhaps more in the format of the wonder years.

The format of the wonder years if I remember correctly was looking back at the past not knowing the present. the audience for TBBT knows too much info about Sheldon in the present And that already conflicts.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Unless she's pregnant.

I really hope that doesn't happen, because they won't want to have three pregnancy stories so Penny will never be pregnant, which as a Lenny i'd be disappointed in , not saying she ever will be, but if there going to do another pregnancy story it should be Penny's. Besides it is going way overboard to give the Shamy not only a engagement but a pregnancy story in the same season they already get the most screen time  those events would take it the extreme.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, joyceraye said:

(I got it! [where is that darned Scotland flag emoji when you need it???])

4 hours ago, Chrismo said:

The format of the wonder years if I remember correctly was looking back at the past not knowing the present. the audience for TBBT knows too much info about Sheldon in the present And that already conflicts.

The finale of The Wonder Years was, for me, one of the finest ever....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Way way too soon to have another pregnancy storyline on the show IMO.

Personally I barely felt Berbadette's pregnancy. There were some plots about it here and there but I don't think another pregnancy will be too much for me. IMO there are plenty of other pregnancy related things they could cover. 

That being said, I do not think Shamy are ready for a child. If there will be another pregnancy on the show I think it should be Penny or Bernadette if they decide to write Melissa's in. I think Shamy need more time, at the very least the end of season 12. If there were a new pregnancy reveal to happen in seasons 11 or 12 I think It would be fun though if they hid all the women behind large objects for most of the episode and reveal it by having the pregnant one step out in the end. You know, kind of a meta joke.

• Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

Just now, bfm said:

Personally I barely felt Berbadette's pregnancy. There were some plots about it here and there but I don't think another pregnancy will be too much for me. IMO there are plenty of other pregnancy related things they could cover. 

That being said, I do not think Shamy are ready for a child. If there will be another pregnancy on the show I think it should be Penny or Bernadette if they decide to write Melissa's in. I think Shamy need more time, at the very least the end of season 12. If there were a new pregnancy reveal to happen in seasons 11 or 12 I think It would be fun though if they hid all the women behind large objects for most of the episode and reveal it by having the pregnant one step out in the end. You know, kind of a meta joke.

Really? I felt it, and I actually really got into it and enjoyed it much to my surprise. Large part for me why I thought Howardette and Simon/Melissa had a great season.

Maybe this 'barely felt' experience you felt is because they were at times in their own show? Away from the gang a lot with their pregnancy storyline?

I don't think Shamy are ready for a child, but then again I don't think Leonard and Penny are either (closer to it than Shamy absolutely, but not ready in my eyes) . All IMO.

But overall I have seen a pregnancy storyline cover a season last year, I am not sure another so soon would suck me in and being really interested in it. Even if the couple I shipped were the ones having a baby.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Jonny said:

*/   Maybe this 'barely felt' experience you felt is because they were at times in their own show? Away from the gang a lot with their pregnancy storyline?  *

This. :shy:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I think,at this stage the only pregnancy the audience would care for. Is Pennys. And I dong see that happening till the 12thband hopefully final season. 

I agree with @Jonny  about a pregnancy in show in last season . Regards what audience thinks about another pregnancy , I think it is a risk to say they only care for Penny being pregnant. The tbbt audience is not only lenny shippers.

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

17 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Really? I felt it, and I actually really got into it and enjoyed it much to my surprise. Large part for me why I thought Howardette and Simon/Melissa had a great season.

Maybe this 'barely felt' experience you felt is because they were at times in their own show? Away from the gang a lot with their pregnancy storyline?

I think "feeling it" and "getting enough of it" is very subjective in that matter. Of course if it would have been front and centre every episode or not mentioned at all most would have a similar opinion but when it is not that way opinions vary. 

• Koala Face 2

• Tensor pinned this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unpinned this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic