The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Also, didn't Johnny say in an interview that he and Kaley were in a motorbike accident while on vacation in the Dominican Republic?

I wrote I thought it was in the Dominican Republic

It's possible, it's been like 7-8 years since I saw it.  I don't have an eidetic memory, just eidetic light.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tensor said:

It's possible, it's been like 7-8 years since I saw it.  I don't have an eidetic memory, just eidetic light.  

Your memory is quite amazing though. The psychoeducational diagnostician in me is dying to have you do memory tests.

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

The boat thing I think was about the whole cast going on a boat ride together and Lorre making a comment that he wasn’t happy about it because if the boat sank or had a problem he could have lost ALL his actors in one stroke.

It is sort of selfish to tell actors they can’t enjoy their hobbies because it is a risk to the show because isn’t that why people try to make more money so that they can enjoy their lives when they are not working?  

But by doing so, you endanger the earnings of others.  

I guess, at this point, the TBBT cast is big enough that if one of them got hurt, they could just write around them.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, bfm said:

Your memory is quite amazing though. The psychoeducational diagnostician in me is dying to have you do memory tests.

Wow, such big words, now I need to get into my dictionary to find their meanings. As I have said before, this 62 year old brain ain't as good as it was once. Can't wait to see what they mean. :icon_redface:

Edited by chucky
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

The boat thing I think was about the whole cast going on a boat ride together and Lorre making a comment that he wasn’t happy about it because if the boat sank or had a problem he could have lost ALL his actors in one stroke.

It is sort of selfish to tell actors they can’t enjoy their hobbies because it is a risk to the show because isn’t that why people try to make more money so that they can enjoy their lives when they are not working?  

It is pretty much money invested in the show so I can understand that those in charge doesn't want the cast to have too risky hobbies. 

5 minutes ago, luminous said:

beyond adorable!  Thanks @luminous !!!  Another reason to love these two, be they Penny & Leonard or Kaley & Johnny.....(and Cinnamon!)....

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, chucky said:

Wow, such big words, now I need to get into my dictionary to find their meanings. As I have said before, this 62 year old brain ain't as good as it was once. Can't wait to see what they mean. :icon_redface:

I actually used google to see how to translate it to english haha 

That means someone who does psychoeducational diagnostic processes. These include tests of various abilities, including (various) memory functions.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nusspot said:

The title of the episode is "The Neonatal Nomenclature".

(No, I didn't attend the taping.)

Thanks for the info @nusspot!!!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

LOL

4 minutes ago, bfm said:

I actually used google to see how to translate it to english haha 

That means someone who does psychoeducational diagnostic processes. These include tests of various abilities, including (various) memory functions.

Thank you so much, I couldn't find my dictionary. :icon_wink:

Edited by chucky
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nusspot said:

The title of the episode is "The Neonatal Nomenclature".

(No, I didn't attend the taping.)

Seems like a birth or pre-birth episode to me! Thank you @nusspot!

• Like 6

Thanks @nusspot, apparently we were not that far off when we were discussing about baby names this morning, LOL!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Thanks @nusspot, apparently we were not that far off when we were discussing about baby names this morning, LOL!

What is it? You can send me a PM if you want 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

9 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

What is it? You can send me a PM if you want 

I was referring to the little chat some of us were having here in the DT about baby names for Howard and Bernie's son soon after the taping, I don't have other info about the taping, sorry, if I had, I would have shared them here...

Just now, mirs1 said:

I was referring to the little chat some of us were having here in the DT about baby names for Howard and Bernie's son soon after the taping, I don't have other info about the taping, sorry, if I had, I would have shared them here...

Oh, i sorry. I misunderstood that but I get what you mean now. We were not far off as it an Epsidoe about Bernadette having the baby and we were talking about Names earlier.  

I like the idea of Michael Joel. Both are Jewish names. Which be fitting as the child is Jewish.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Oh, i sorry. I misunderstood that but I get what you mean now. We were not far off as it an Epsidoe about Bernadette having the baby and we were talking about Names earlier.  

I like the idea of Michael Joel. Both are Jewish names. Which be fitting as the child is Jewish.  

Also "Nomenclature" is a complicated way to say "Name", so maybe the gang, or Bernie and Howard, are discussing baby names in this episode...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

He's half christian too...And Halley is not a jewish name... So who knows...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WilWheatonIsMyFriend said:

Well, the whole group seems to have caught baby fever with Leonard and Amy both wanting to call their sons Elliott, and Sheldon mentioning he wants 15 children.

Thanks for the info! Hope you had a great time!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WilWheatonIsMyFriend said:

Well, the whole group seems to have caught baby fever with Leonard and Amy both wanting to call their sons Elliott, and Sheldon mentioning he wants 15 children.

Lol When My Parents married My Dad told my Mom he wanted 10 children. My mom said no way and they only had 4. 

2 hours ago, Tripper said:

Some TV news which will affect The Big Bang Theory: Reports indicate that the FOX network has won the bidding for Thursday Night Football rights, taking them away from ABC and CBS. https://sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Morning-Buzz/2018/01/31/tnf.aspx

This would mean CBS won't have to start The Big Bang Theory on Monday nights and move it back to Thursdays weeks later, as it has done for the past few years. It should also mean Young Sheldon, and the rest of CBS's sitcom line-up, won't be sidelined until November (though CBS could perhaps have decided to start YS with TBBT on Mondays).

I wonder if Murphy Brwon will be on Thursday Nights following TBBT or will it lead Monday like it did for many years in its original run? I am not sure if Murphy Brwon has the power like it once used to and will be able to lead the night to a win for CBS. I think Roseanne on ABC will do slightly better.

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan