[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

2 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

I agree with @Jonny  about another  pregnancy in show only in last season . Regards what audience thinks about another pregnancy , I think it is a risk to say they only care for Penny being pregnant. The tbbt audience is not only lenny shippers.

Penny has to be pregnant in the last season in order to bring it full circle from the statement made in 1.1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Koala Face 1

4 minutes ago, Carm6773 said:

Penny has to be pregnant in the last season in order to bring it full circle from the statement made in 1.1

Sure she has. However it can not be said imo tbbt audience only care right now for a pregnancy from Penny. It was my point, not that I think Penny would not have a child.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Zephon75 said:

I really hope that doesn't happen, because they won't want to have three pregnancy stories so Penny will never be pregnant, which as a Lenny i'd be disappointed in , not saying she ever will be, but if there going to do another pregnancy story it should be Penny's. Besides it is going way overboard to give the Shamy not only a engagement but a pregnancy story in the same season they already get the most screen time  those events would take it the extreme.

I think it would be funny, all three of them pregnant at the same time - perhaps even four if Raj can find someone soon. It would be like British Royalty in 1963/64 when the leading four were all expecting, including HM The Queen. Imagine Howard being the complacent, 'experienced' second-time father, lording it and handing out advice while the other men are all on edge. We could have some amazing ensemble episodes.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I think it would be funny, all three of them pregnant at the same time - perhaps even four if Raj can find someone soon. It would be like British Royalty in 1963/64 when the leading four were all expecting, including HM The Queen. Imagine Howard being the complacent, 'experienced' second-time father, lording it and handing out advice while the other men are all on edge. We could have some amazing ensemble episodes.

I think they would run high risks of coming off as sexist, even if they really try not to.

• Confused 2

Concerning pregnancies, this is how I see Lenny doing it, I think we should first get a false pregnancy scare for Lenny which results it the audience finding out that Penny is hugely disappointed that she is not pregnant with Leonard's baby.  They could do this as a second plot in two episodes, the positive test in one and Penny telling the girls but hiding it from Leonard (they could make that very funny) until she gets it straight in her own mind, finally getting excited because of Leonard's happy reaction.  The second episode could involve the  doctors visit (Lenny acting like expectant parents would be funny), finding out she isnt Pregnant, everyone telling Penny it is for the best and then at the end you find out she had already bought a piece of baby clothing already because she had wanted to be a mother (a sad emotional part for Kaley to act at the end of the episode, Emmy material).  An episode later, again the second plot, Penny admits how disappointed she was she wasn't pregnant, so the decide to try and get pregnant (excitement, happy and funny).  However, over the next Twenty episodes or so we get little glimpses of they doing it all the time to get her pregnant (super funny, Penny wanting sex with Leonard every time she is ovulating, at home, at work, in the car, in strange places, etc.) Leonard sometimes wore out at work from Penny's pushing him to do it,  but they still have no luck.  Finally after maybe a romantic evening, in early season 12, they find out Penny is pregnant 6 weeks later and then at the end of season we get a smart and beautiful baby girl.  The reason I think it should go this way for Lenny is that going from being in a relationship to engagement and then marriage was difficult for them so shouldn't them having a baby be difficult too.

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

35 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

...and we can imagine a lot of upcoming spin-off series. :icon_neutral:

crap2.gif.9bd7295bf6554499a47ca81e33c73387.gif

• Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

2 minutes ago, veejay said:

...and we can imagine a lot of upcoming spin-off series. :icon_neutral:

crap2.gif.9bd7295bf6554499a47ca81e33c73387.gif

Like Penny and Leonard going to Nebraska to raise their family, Leonard to teach college while Penny runs the horse farm they live on, sort of like the show 'Green Acres'.

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

12 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Like Penny and Leonard going to Nebraska to raise their family, Leonard to teach college while Penny runs the horse farm they live on, sort of like the show 'Green Acres'.

That actually sounds pretty good.

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

8 hours ago, bfm said:

I think they would run high risks of coming off as sexist, even if they really try not to.

Have they ever worried about that?

Amy: I’m sorry. I feel like such an idiot.

Penny: Oh, it’s not so bad. You lost money, you’re filled with shame and you got groped by a stranger. I mean, that’s Vegas, you nailed it.

Amy: You guys enjoy your evening. I’m gonna go before I ruin anybody else’s weekend.

Sheldon: Ah, that’s my girl.

Leonard: No, no, no, Amy, wait. I know it’s not the night you had in mind, but why don’t you guys stay and play with us? It’ll be fun.

Sheldon: It would? Fun? Okay, three weeks ago you bought crunchy peanut butter, now you want the girls to play D&D? Do you have a drug problem?

Leonard: What’s the big deal? Raj bailed, so we could use some extra players.

Sheldon: Well, I’ve just never played Dungeons & Dragons with girls before.

Penny: Oh, don’t worry, sweetie. No one has.

I have by the way (when I was a teenager).

• It's a Tiara 1

11 hours ago, Carm6773 said:

They could be imaginary...

• Thanks 1

From TV Line

TV Stars Back at Work: Fall 2017 Photos 

TV Line has been doing this for several years.  They create a slideshow and add photos as cast members share pictures from their return to their respective sets.

TBBT cast IG photos (which have already been shared here) were recently added, they are pictures 8-12 in the slideshow.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Sure she has. However it can not be said imo tbbt audience only care right now for a pregnancy from Penny. It was my point, not that I think Penny would not have a child.

Well of course Shamy shippers Well care about a Amy pregnancy. And if Amy gets pregnant great. Unlikely after the Bernadette one though. I should of been moreover clearer. What I meant was. Payoff. To me I watch shows, and invest ten years of my life In a show, because of that payoff. Majority of the audience have been or are still hanging onto the show. Based on the premise established in the pilot. Pennys pregnancy is basically the shows mission statement. It's like In Friends. When in the pilot. Ross grabbed a spoon. It drew the audience in for ten years, same thing with tbbt pilot. People want that satisfying ending. People want them to homage the pilot in the finalie. They want those smart and beautiful babies. Even if it's was just a set up joke. Unintentionally even it drew the audience in.  Friends and Tbbt are my two fav sitcoms ever. So I enjoy the similarities :icon_cheesygrin:.

2 hours ago, Chrismo said:

If they are that means the show itself had no point.

Yeah based on that. They may as well go Leonard wakes up and the whole show was a dream sequence ending. 

Edited by 3ku11

4 hours ago, Chrismo said:
5 hours ago, Sah said:

If they are that means the show itself had no point.

I guess that is personal point of view. Imaginary babies have never had anything to do with my interest in TBBT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, djsurrey said:

I guess that is personal point of view. Imaginary babies have never had anything to do with my interest in TBBT.

Well that's the initial premise. Leonard meets Penny. So guess a huge segment of the audience, interest still is based on the pilot. If Penny does give birth. They won't be imaginary anyway :icon_cheesygrin:. Personally I wouldent be against a Leonard Dream Sequence finalie. But that ending is very unlikely. 

3 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Well that's the initial premise. Leonard meets Penny. So guess a huge segment of the audience, interest still is based on the pilot. If Penny does give birth. They won't be imaginary anyway :icon_cheesygrin:. Personally I wouldent be against a Leonard Dream Sequence finalie. But that ending is very unlikely. 

They may make use of that yet but I don't believe that was the original premise.

• It's a Tiara 1

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Leonard and Sheldon meet Penny....Sheldon was there as well when they met. Sheldon is a HUGE audience draw as well as Penny and Leonard, and has been ever since the pilot episode. This was never just a Leonard and Penny show in my opinion. The two socially inept roommates meet the girl across the hall. That is the premise of the show....

Edited by Sah
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Well of course Shamy shippers Well care about a Amy pregnancy. And if Amy gets pregnant great. Unlikely after the Bernadette one though. I should of been moreover clearer. What I meant was. Payoff. To me I watch shows, and invest ten years of my life In a show, because of that payoff. Majority of the audience have been or are still hanging onto the show. Based on the premise established in the pilot. Pennys pregnancy is basically the shows mission statement. It's like In Friends. When in the pilot. Ross grabbed a spoon. It drew the audience in for ten years, same thing with tbbt pilot. People want that satisfying ending. People want them to homage the pilot in the finalie. They want those smart and beautiful babies. Even if it's was just a set up joke. Unintentionally even it drew the audience in.  Friends and Tbbt are my two fav sitcoms ever. So I enjoy the similarities :icon_cheesygrin:.

Yeah based on that. They may as well go Leonard wakes up and the whole show was a dream sequence ending. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the writers would go with a dream sequence to end of the show. With a dream ending the writers doesn't need much planning ahead and can just end the show in the tag scene that must be perfect from the writers point of view. 

Edited by Lagernisse
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Sah said:

Meaning ? I mean in the context in which you are saying it? What are you trying to say with that comment? What is your point?

32 minutes ago, Sah said:

Leonard and Sheldon meet Penny....Sheldon was there as well when they met. Sheldon is a HUGE audience draw as well as Penny and Leonard, and has been ever since the pilot episode. This was never just a Leonard and Penny show in my opinion. The two socially inept roommates meet the girl across the hall. That is the premise of the show....

But the smart and beautiful babies are a premise of the show too, and have been since the beginning. And, btw it is not just about two socially inept roommates meeting the girl across the hall, it is about the whole group including Howard and Raj getting more socially adept through their contact with Penny.

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

And smart and beautiful babies or imaginary babies have never had anything to do with my interest in the show, For me it was always the nerdy banter between the guys and a perplexed hot girl across the hall and how they interact with each other. 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

People want them to homage the pilot in the finalie. They want those smart and beautiful babies

I think people also want Amy's statement to come true, even if it is late.

5 hours ago, Sah said:

For me it was always the nerdy banter between the guys and a perplexed hot girl across the hall and how they interact with each other. 

Penny: I swear to God, Sheldon, one day I'm going to get the hang of talking to you.

:icon_biggrin:

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I think people also want Amy's statement to come true, even if it is late.

Well, lenny must have their smart and beautiful babies for closing the circle from pilot. Shamy somehow must have a baby before  the end of the show for a similar quote in "their " pilot (s4e1 The Robotic Manipulation):

Quotes from s4e1:

Penny: Okay, well, what do you communicate about?

Sheldon: Well, my work in physics, her work in neurobiology, and most recently, the possibility of our having a child together.

Penny (spits out drink explosively. Howard types. Robot arm hands Penny a napkin): Thank you.

Leonard: Wait a minute– a child? You never see this girl. You just e-mail and text and Twitter. Now you’re considering having a baby?

Sheldon: Amy pointed out that between the two of us, our genetic material has the potential of producing the first in a line of intellectually superior, benign overlord

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4

• Tensor pinned this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unpinned this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic