[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

34 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

He's not married.  That's a big deal to them.

I don't think so. I believe that Raj's dad said he has given up on him getting married and being on his own without his parents money helping him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Nice!!!  For the younger set, he was the dad in "Clueless"!  I like this suggestion!!!!

I remember "Clueless" vaugely, as I was barely a teen when I saw it, which was quite a lot of time after it was released. I was not even 3 when it was released. So I guess I'm the younger-younger set?

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mirs1 said:

I've always thought that Raj was Halley's "godfather" in a secular sense, like a  "special" uncle or some sort of tutor in case something would ever happen to her parents. 

I'm not sure what you mean by tutor. Being a godfather has nothing to do with being a guardian if something happens to their parents. Indeed, I've seen cases where the parents left someone as guardian of their children in case of an emergency, and after the parents passed the godparents never saw the children again. It's an honorary title in many cases. Even most Catholic churches now allow godparents of a different faith as long as one of the godparents is Catholic.

7 hours ago, chucky said:

Agreed! I feel all we'll get about Howard's father is an obituary add from the newspaper read by either Howard or Bernadette.

If he died the brother would have an excuse to contact Howard.

2 hours ago, April said:

In terms of parental appearances and aside from Howard's mom (because well obviously) Mary, Bev and Raj's dad have been on the show the most frequent.

I adored all of the appearances of Raj's parents.

2 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Mary, Beverly and Raj's parents are all fantastic characters that should be used more often.

TOTALLY agree.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

If he died the brother would have an excuse to contact Howard.

The question is would he contact him? He talked to Howard one time in his whole life. I'm a bit leery on Howard's brothers resolve to tell him he died or maybe just send him the obits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I'm not sure what you mean by tutor. Being a godfather has nothing to do with being a guardian if something happens to their parents. Indeed, I've seen cases where the parents left someone as guardian of their children in case of an emergency, and after the parents passed the godparents never saw the children again. It's an honorary title in many cases. Even most Catholic churches now allow godparents of a different faith as long as one of the godparents is Catholic.

Yes, I meant guardian, English is not my first language, sorry for the misunderstanding; anyway, it's fascinating how things might be different from Country to Country. I'm Catholic and were I live a non Catholic person would never be allowed to serve as a godparent in a baptism ceremony.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chucky said:

I don't think so. I believe that Raj's dad said he has given up on him getting married and being on his own without his parents money helping him.

We don't know what Mummy thinks though. She may have the opposite view. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, chucky said:

From what we've seen after their divorce. She is for whatever her ex is against!

Yup !  I hope the writers remember that and come up with something funny. How about she offers Raj such a massive amount of money to marry a certain woman he accepts, and then falls in love with the woman anyway ?

Edited by joyceraye

4 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Yup !  I hope the writers remember that and come up with something funny. How about she offers Raj such a massive amount of money to marry a certain woman he accepts and then falls in love with the woman anyway ?

Coooool! :sarcastichand:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bfm said:

I liked Missy!

And as for Howard's dad...this could be very challenging for a (less than) 20 minutes sitcom that does not, usually, delve into heavy topics. Not saying it's impossible but I can see being hesitant about that.

It's possible:

• Like 2

So much Johnny and Kaley adorableness (yeah I know that's not a word) lately! And they seem to have had much fun with that episode. 

That scarff though is very Johnny, I wonder if that's intentional, a joke on him.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, mirs1 said:

I've always thought that Raj was Halley's "godfather" in a secular sense, like a  "special" uncle or some sort of tutor in case something would ever happen to her parents. I'm not even sure Raj can be a godfather in the religious sense, in the unlikely case Halley is indeed baptized, since he is not a christian himself.

As for Howard's father, I really hope to meet him at some point, that is one of the few things I need to see before the show ends. I didn't really care for his half brother, he didn't add anything to the story and I wasn't impressed with the casting. IMO, all siblings casted so far were unimpressive, I'm not really looking forward to see any of them ever again in the show.

I disagree. I think they cast Priya perfectly.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Carm6773 said:

It's possible:

I think that's much heavier than TBBT goes. "That's 70's Show" did a similar, lighter thing but they also did it with the parent mediation and the funny parts were mostly about the other parents (Eric's) reaction to the "faulty" parent (Hide's dad).

10 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I agree with you about Priya and I had no problems with Missy.

The only relative that I had a problem with was Penny's brother Randal. He just didn't strike me as a meth dealer/maker.

I guess they were going for comedy instead of feasibility. 

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:10 PM, djsurrey said:

The grandparents have been out of sight. So far as one can tell Bernadette is not practicing at all. The arrival of little ones is often the catalyst to consider a return to the church. 

Not necessarily.

• Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic