The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Appears to be a boring week. No football (Pro or College), no new episode taping and no new episode. As I said, boring week in store for me.

Hopefully I can look forward to some rousing conversations on the forum!  :scratchhead:

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

You know what would make this week go by easier, some nice updates in the stories that I have favorited (HINT, Hint). I know my spelling can be attrosive.  But, if it sounds right, that's close enough for me!

Edited by chucky
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, chucky said:

Appears to be a boring week. No football (Pro or College), no new episode taping and no new episode. As I said, boring week in store for me.

Hopefully I can look forward to some rousing conversations on the forum!  :scratchhead:

Oh. That sounds familiar to me. :icon_cheesygrin:

misc_0441.gif.89a1f913b7ec6f57d1032a9ce5b02ed0.gif

Btw. we haven't even analyzed the detailed TR yet.

Edited by veejay
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, veejay said:

Oh. That sounds familiar to me. :icon_cheesygrin:

misc_0441.gif.89a1f913b7ec6f57d1032a9ce5b02ed0.gif

Btw. we haven't even analyzed the detailed TR yet.

I believe that will come with time. :sarcastichand:

• Like 1

Thank you for the report, maxoudela! Very detailed and informative. It sounds like a pretty good episode.

• Like 2

Thank you SO MUCH @maxoudela! You have been so generous with us and shared a lot! I'm glad you had a good time!

Sheldon looking at Penny as a potential surrogate is cringeworthy IMO... But that's Sheldon, always acting like others are there for his disposal. Ugh. I expect some Shenny fanfics after that episode making it as if he wants to have children with Penny as a biological mother. Yippie. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

Thank you SO MUCH @maxoudela! You have been so generous with us and shared a lot! I'm glad you had a good time!

Sheldon looking at Penny as a potential surrogate is cringeworthy IMO... But that's Sheldon, always acting like others are there for his disposal. Ugh. I expect some Shenny fanfics after that episode making it as if he wants to have children with Penny as a biological mother. Yippie. 

Yeah, you know how sheenies (they hate that spelling) are, they take the impossible and come up with the improbable! Their stories are not TBBT fanfiction, just plain ole fiction! :icon_wink:

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I cannot agree more.  I have no clue why they need to go here.  Telling your "best friend's" wife, in front of both him and your fiance that you want her to carry perhaps 13 children for him is crude and disgusting.....Not cool TPTB, even for a cheap laugh.  Not cool!!!!!!!!!  (also, not funny) 

And also telling one of your supposedly best friends to carry and give birth to your children because you want more children than your wife could carry (not because of fertiity issues but because of your unreasonable desired number)...!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

And also telling one of your supposedly best friends to carry and give birth to your children because you want more children than your wife could carry (not because of fertiity issues but because of your unreasonable desired number)...!

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

Shelly's basically only thought from day one of the show has been, what's good for him has to be good for everybody else. He's always been an egotistical, inconsiderate ass. I guess the writers and show runners think that is funny.  Personally I don't find it funny at all.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, bfm said:

Well It's the retro season lol. Dug up that gag that was buried seven years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Jonny said:

Well It's the retro season lol. Dug up that gag that was buried seven years ago.

Wasn't funny then, definitely not funny now!  :scratchhead:

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

I remember them talking about a surrogate but did they mention Penny? Maybe I cringed and repressed it...

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

I remember them talking about a surrogate but did they mention Penny? Maybe I cringed and repressed it...

Yes, SheIdon did, Amy wasn't even present in the room, his exact words were

If Amy and I choose to bring new life into this world, it will be accomplished clinically, with fertility experts in a lab with petri dishes. Which reminds me, you have broad hips and a certain corn-fed vigour. Is your womb available for rental?

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, bfm said:

Yeah that was when Shelly and Amy were going to bring a baby into the world and he wanted Penny to be the surrogate because of her corn-fed vigor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bfm said:

He asked her if her womb was available for rental in 4.1 The Robotic Manipulation.

@mirs1 beat me to it lol

Edited by Jonny
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mirs1 said:

Yes, he did, his exact words were

If Amy and I choose to bring new life into this world, it will be accomplished clinically, with fertility experts in a lab with petri dishes. Which reminds me, you have broad hips and a certain corn-fed vigour. Is your womb available for rental?

Well, you are quicker on the gun and more accurate. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Yes, SheIdon did, Amy wasn't even present in the room, his exact words were

Exactly! Sometimes old stuff may be forgotten and we did not want it to happen; others they bring back stuff we could live without: tbbt in all its glory, LOL! 

7 minutes ago, chucky said:

Well, you are quicker on the gun and more accurate. :icon_cheesygrin:

@mirs1 is a tbbt episodes synopsis master! She is very good! :)

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Exactly! Sometimes old stuff may be forgotten and we did not want it to happen; others they bring back stuff we could live without: tbbt in all its glory, LOL! 

@mirs1 is a tbbt episodes synopsis master! She is very good! :)

I humbly bow to the best!:icon_redface:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Well I also didn't watch it as many times as some other episodes :) We all have our preferences. I'm on the cable service here which only has TBBT on a VOD service (and also prefer watching without subtitles...) so I always pick my episodes to rewatch, I don't just stumble upon reruns.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1

Yeah. In the past, some mistakes were made in raising super heroes.

shen_031.gif.1588e1f71d9d535b40b8391413bb84ce.gif

shen_067.gif.454ef5203f7b73affee943b76a4bc862.gif

:icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, maxoudela said:

Especially when I see how Jim parsons was.

This is really the disappointing part. He is clearly a star and lots of people likes him. But he was transparent of the set. He was most of the time on his phone. I've seen that he posted some photos on Instagram so, retrospectively, maybe he was looking at the comments? But he never looked or smiled nor shake his hands toward the audience like Melissa did. At one moment, to go from the kitchen to the living room scene, instead of crossing directly in front of us, he went to he left, go to the back of the sound stage and reappeared on the right. That was odd. So question is : Why? Has he been assaulted by a fan in a way? I've noticed that security was present when they approached the audience. Or is he like really shy? I mean, the general impression was that he was a bit snob.

I was at the taping too, and agree about Jim being on his phone a lot, but he did wave at the audience at one point. I think he's just more focused on his lines to really interact. He had his notecards with him, and I could see him pacing with them. He had A LOT of lines to memorize.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

I was at the taping too, and agree about Jim being on his phone a lot, but he did wave at the audience at one point. I think he's just more focused on his lines to really interact. He had his notecards with him, and I could see him pacing with them. He had A LOT of lines to memorize.

He wouldn't have so many lines if the rest of the cast were properly utilized. The show would then probably be funnier.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1