Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

And all leonard & penny does is just say no. Yeah right... And don't call him out on it. How many times have they said no and in the end bow to his wishes. Especially Penny. Fucked up tptb and so not funny.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
 

Again, as I stated before. Yesssss!

9 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I am sorry regardless if it makes sense in cannon. I can promise you know wants Penny to give birth to 12 of Shamys kids lol. Joking or not. The very idea alone is creepy a heck.

I think this time they said no and mean it completely. If Shelly wants 15 kids, then I hope Amy is up to the task. or get ready to adopt. Lenny will definitely not bow down to Shelly's wishes this time. If Penny carries a baby, it will be Leonard's and Leonard's alone. :icon_cheesygrin:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, chucky said:

Again, as I stated before. Yesssss!

I think this time they said no and mean it completely. If Shelly wants 15 kids, then I hope Ay is up to the task. or get ready to adopt. Lenny will definitely not bow down to Shelly's wishes this time. If Penny carries a baby, it will be Leonard's and Leonard's alone. :icon_cheesygrin:

Well Leonard's and hers, unless cloning humans is now a viable possibility ;)

(Just up picking an opporunity for a lame joke)

Edited by bfm
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bfm said:

Well Leonard's and hers, unless cloning humans is now a viable possibility ;)

My intention was that the baby would be Leonard's, as in he would he the father of their baby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chucky said:

My intention was that the baby would be Leonard's, as in he would he the father of their baby.

I know I know, I was just making a lame joke

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bfm said:

I know I know, I was just making a lame joke

That's okay, I've left a few lame jokes out there myself. :icon_redface:

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have no trust in the writers at all. I just have to believe they will come to their senses and if Penny does get pregnant, that it will be Leonard's.
I want to believe and so want lenny babies, but too much time of my life wasted that I will never get back and disappointments of this.3 is not a crowd (Not a lol) has opened my eyes. I'm not blind anymore.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bfm said:

Sheldon looking at Penny as a potential surrogate is cringeworthy IMO... But that's Sheldon, always acting like others are there for his disposal. Ugh. I expect some Shenny fanfics after that episode making it as if he wants to have children with Penny as a biological mother. Yippie. 

I think it depends on how Sheldon says his line.  Because I know for a fact that some of them already have been grossed out about Sheldon and Amy living in "Penny's apartment", having coitus on "Penny's bed". But still, ew.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have not got over Shamy doing it in Pennys bed LOL.

I just think it is a running gag, has no impact on long term storylines. Very least the last season next year. But in my opinion it shows how out of touch the writers are. OF course it well always translate differently on TV. 

As for the fanfic. Even in fan fic world Penny tells Sheldon to take his special place where the sun does not shine. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

I want to believe and so want lenny babies, but too much time of my life wasted that I will never get back and disappointments of this.3 is not a crowd (Not a lol) has opened my eyes. I'm not blind anymore.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
 

I'm not blind as well, but sometimes you have to hope that the writers get their heads out of their asses and do the right thing. Also hope that Johnny and Kayley get the writers to see Penny having Shamy's babies is just wrong and that Penny would never think about doing that. I hear hope springs eternal. :icon_wink:

 

 

 

 

'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2018 at 1:30 PM, mirs1 said:

The baby is born!!! And in almost perfect time, no elephant Iike pregnancy, hurrah!!!

There was a line from Bernie, I can't remember it exactly, but something about Halley being late and she didn't want to go through that again with this baby.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, maxoudela said:

When Howard & Bernadette left to the hospital and they are still discussing names, Raj says "we don't want to hear your names Sheldon, we heard them, they're all awful". And Sheldon says "It's normal, I've kept the good names for my children!". Then Amy get up from her couch and comes sit on the armchair arm (the side of it I mean, so she is a bit higher than Sheldon) and says "Aww that's cute". Someone then says, "do you know how many children you want?" and they both say at the same time "2" (for Amy) and "15" for Sheldon. Then they look to each other and Amy says "15 children??".

That could be hilarious depending on how they play it. I can't wait to see it.

 

9 hours ago, maxoudela said:

I don't recall much apart from the fact that Sheldon leave the room to get some water (or something else) and says something like "do you want a multivitamin fruit Penny?". Thus implying that he is still having the idea that she could bear their children and she needs to be healthy. Apart from that, he doesn't explain why 15.. Or I don't remember

No offense to the poster, because I am totally grateful for the taping report but I want to see this for myself. It makes no sense to me for him to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

I was at the taping too, and agree about Jim being on his phone a lot, but he did wave at the audience at one point. I think he's just more focused on his lines to really interact. He had his notecards with him, and I could see him pacing with them. He had A LOT of lines to memorize.

That would make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BigBangEnthusiast said:

I was at the taping too, and agree about Jim being on his phone a lot, but he did wave at the audience at one point. I think he's just more focused on his lines to really interact. He had his notecards with him, and I could see him pacing with them. He had A LOT of lines to memorize.

In most of the BTS info we have gotten from taping reports, Jim, Simon and Johnny are usually the most detached from the audience. Johnny does do the railing thing with Kaley every week, but otherwise those three are the most "in their heads" during filming. I don't think that it is a reflection of their appreciation of the audience, it's just their method of working.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vonmar said:

In most of the BTS info we have gotten from taping reports, Jim, Simon and Johnny are usually the most detached from the audience. Johnny does do the railing thing with Kaley every week, but otherwise those three are the most "in their heads" during filming. I don't think that it is a reflection of their appreciation of the audience, it's just their method of working.

Agree completely.

And I think Melissa was even more excited than usual, probably because this was her first taping in front of an audience in weeks. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chucky said:

Bingo! Totally agree. Notice I didn't say Bazinga!

YESSS! Hopefully Amy realizes that as Shelly obviously doesn't. But then, Shelly always says what he means and means what he says.

I am I missing something, is there a new character on the show?

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

I cannot agree more.  I have no clue why they need to go here.  Telling your "best friend's" wife, in front of both him and your fiance that you want her to carry perhaps 13 children for him is crude and disgusting.....Not cool TPTB, even for a cheap laugh.  Not cool!!!!!!!!!  (also, not funny) 

13 children? Where did that come from?

I would have thought expecting Penny might carry even one child for him was so preposterous that it was laughable. How could one take it seriously? It comes across to me as one of those farcical things Sheldon often says.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chucky said:

I'm not blind as well, but sometimes you have to hope that the writers get their heads out of their asses and do the right thing. Also hope that Johnny and Kayley get the writers to see Penny having Shamy's babies is just wrong and that Penny would never think about doing that. I hear hope springs eternal. :icon_wink:

Perhaps Sheldon should just visit the Clonery on Kamino 7-cloning.jpg

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tensor said:

When I was there in January, there were a group of Germans.  One went up, and sang a song.  As soon as she started, the rest of the Germans broke into laughter.   After the song, she was asked to translate, and she declined, saying she didn't think it fit a family show.  

LMAO. That does make me proud for some reason.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vonmar said:

In most of the BTS info we have gotten from taping reports, Jim, Simon and Johnny are usually the most detached from the audience. Johnny does do the railing thing with Kaley every week, but otherwise those three are the most "in their heads" during filming. I don't think that it is a reflection of their appreciation of the audience, it's just their method of working.

And in all honesty all we can do is speculate about why Jim or Johnny or even Simon were acting a particular way. Even though they are professionals not everybody is all sunshine all the time. IMO, and only IMO I think that Kaley is the only one who seems to be the most sociable, and while I don't consider any of the guys' behaviors worthy of criticism in any way, shape or form,  they do seem a little more reserved. Johnny may not appear that way but I think that is because he joins Kaley when she goes to the audience.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really really don't think that Penny will actually be surrogate or anything. It's just that Sheldon's lines are cringeworthy to me, he made this plan without telling Penny and Amy and expects then to go with it...That is extremely disrespectful and he should know wayyy better! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bfm said:

I really really don't think that Penny will actually be surrogate or anything. It's just that Sheldon's lines are cringeworthy to me, he made this plan without telling Penny and Amy and expects then to go with it...That is extremely disrespectful and he should know wayyy better! 

Really? :icon_cheesygrin:

shen_0179.gif.13fe6cfca86ba1473fcda7fca147efc8.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bfm said:

I really really don't think that Penny will actually be surrogate or anything. It's just that Sheldon's lines are cringeworthy to me, he made this plan without telling Penny and Amy and expects then to go with it...That is extremely disrespectful and he should know wayyy better! 

I don't know. This is the same Sheldon who effectively called Penny a slut in front of Leonard last season. 10x04 The Cohabatation Experiementation. IF this was 2010. I would be like "Oh that Sheldon!"

200_d.gif

 

Now its more like 

exhausted.gif

It's not his fault though. His friends enable him. And don't correct his behaviour. IF the show really wante him to explore character growth. True change. They would allow Leonard to call him out on what he just said, as not being okay. Kinda like when Bernadette told Sheldon to stop critisizing Howard. But it is a throw away gag. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I don't know. This is the same Sheldon who effectively called Penny a slut in front of Leonard last season. 10x04 The Cohabatation Experiementation. IF this was 2010. I would be like "Oh that Sheldon!"

200_d.gif

 

Now its more like 

exhausted.gif

It's not his fault though. His friends enable him. And don't correct his behaviour. IF the show really wante him to explore character growth. True change. They would allow Leonard to call him out on what he just said, as not being okay. But it is a throw away gag. 

Not that I disagree he should be called out but Penny can and this season actually did once stand up for herself. I am offended for Penny in these cases, who is the person getting the insults and being considered a baby making machine ready for Sheldon's disposal. And she is supposedly one of his best friends. Sure it is not nice for Leonard either but Penny is much more of a side in it. There is a friendship and a communication channel between Penny and Sheldon, I don't see why things should go through Leonard, at least not as the primary offended side. JMO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bfm said:

Not that I disagree he should be called out but Penny can and this season actually did once stand up for herself. I am offended for Penny in these cases, who is the person getting the insults and being considered a baby making machine ready for Sheldon's disposal. And she is supposedly one of his best friends. Sure it is not nice for Leonard either but Penny is much more of a side in it. There is a friendship and a communication channel between Penny and Sheldon, I don't see why things should go through Leonard, at least not as the primary offended side. JMO

Well Secondary side Amy should very least be the one to call Sheldon out on things. She is his partner. And spends the most time with him. Sheldon is very luckey to have such caring understanding friends. Some times I think he just takes that for granted Well actually he does all the time lol.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.