Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, April said:

They literally said they won't slap a label on him to keep their creative freedom cause they feel once they do they'd have to adhere to that diagnosis and it would get them into trouble when they get things wrong. So since Sheldon's mom never got a diagnosis on the show they don't have one either. Sheldon (and the other guys for that matter) being in part based on some people who may or may not have undiagnosed ASD (after all Prady's IT job was long before diagnosis criteria are the way they are today) always made a whole lot of sense to me.

You don't even have to pretend. Asthma has been ridiculously misrepresented in media to the point where I'm rolling my eyes whenever I see some character pull out an inhaler like "have you ever met someone with asthma???" because it's just awful. So it might as well be a vague respiratory deficiency for all I care cause that sure ain't how asthma looks nor how you use an inhaler. lol

TBBT is very hit and miss with this.

Yeah this is also the show that had an 11 months pregnancy and another one that was revealed about a day after conception...so what so I know :scratchhead:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think so. I can't think of anything around in the 50s that hadn't been around in some form or other before the war. Buses, cars, telephones,vacuum cleaners, washing machines,fridges, televisions,radios. electric kettles. toasters.  It was probably well into the sixties before there were many homes that had access to more than a few of these things, although they'd been invented a long time.
I would think the atomic bomb was a pretty big development

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, April said:

[Citation needed]

I've seen this claim a couple of times but never gotten a proper source.

The writers don't write him intentionally as being on the spectrum, hence the inconsistencies with some of his quirks and such.

They don't want to get into debates as to what, exactly, are manifestations of being on the spectrum.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I would think the atomic bomb was a pretty big development

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 

Not for the purposes of making life feel as though we were at the exciting cutting edge of a technological age with wondrous gadgets around, no. Whether it made life simpler, I can't speculate. I wasn't aware in the fifties that there had been an atomic bomb, but once I found out, I daresay I was as pleased as everyone else that the war had been ended.

Edited by joyceraye
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

By the way, you obviously didn't get what I meant by 'simpler times"  When My Grandparents were growing up they could ride their Bikes and Walk around Town alone without Adult Supervision and People knew their Neighbors. Maybe not all of them and maybe not friends with all of them but they at least knew names 

Before our neighborhoods and cities were designed for cars instead of people.

Automobiles atomized society.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I can't recall a moment in the series where I Thought Penny ever took Sheldon's side.

I can think of at least twenty. For two examples, when they married they were going to have Sheldon move out and it was Penny who decided he could stay. When they kept telling him no about working in the spare room, it was Penny who finally said that he was there all the time anyway so they might as well get paid. But all of these characters have been mean to each other and played off against each other so I'm not sure why it's often a surprise when Penny does it.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I guess were going to have to agree to disagree. I Don't see Penny as Sheldons bitch at all lol, but that is just my point of view. I can't recall a moment in the series where I Thought Penny ever took Sheldon's side. Sure the writers present Sheldon as the Alpha Male. Even though Leonard is the mackdaddy of the show. And the Social Nucleus. But She has constantly stuck up for Leonard. Case in point season 7 The Table Polairization. She encouraged Leonard to stand up for himself to Sheldon. That is the problem imo. .Not that Penny bows to Sheldon. But That Leonard never stands up to Sheldon. IT is a two way street. I mean i agree Penny has always had a soft spot for Shelly. And caved too him at times. But as far as Penny bowing to Sheldon, or being his bitch LOL. Sorry don't agree. 

Agree that Penny is NOT Sheldon's bitch, but there have been times when she has taken his side over Leonard her husband and "love of her life". Episode 21 Season 9 "Viewing Party Combustion" clearly showed Penny taking Sheldon's side over Leonard and also in season 9 episode 4 when Sheldon went into his selfish childish fit to keep L&P living with him when they were married and Penny caved to  his act. However think this is just Penny's way to soothe Sheldon in more of a sisterly way than anything else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Agree that Penny is NOT Sheldon's bitch, but there have been times when she has taken his side over Leonard her husband and "love of her life". Episode 21 Season 9 "Viewing Party Combustion" clearly showed Penny taking Sheldon's side over Leonard and also in season 9 episode 4 when Sheldon went into his selfish childish fit to keep L&P living with him when they were married and Penny caved to  his act. However think this is just Penny's way to soothe Sheldon in more of a sisterly way than anything else.

Whatever way we see it, Penny has a way with Sheldon which is unique to her. She certainly never knuckles under to anyone and I don't agree that Penny could be anyones "bitch". She's as strong willed as he is. So maybe that's something that she gets about him.

  • Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Spaced_up said:

Whatever way we see it, Penny has a way with Sheldon which is unique to her. She certainly never knuckles under to anyone and I don't agree that Penny could be anyones "bitch". She's as strong willed as he is. So maybe that's something that she gets about him.

Very interesting point!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Spaced_up said:

Whatever way we see it, Penny has a way with Sheldon which is unique to her. She certainly never knuckles under to anyone and I don't agree that Penny could be anyones "bitch". She's as strong willed as he is. So maybe that's something that she gets about him.

Oh please, she's knuckled under so many times to Shelly-boy that it's ridiculous. Ever since she married Leonard, Penny has numerous times bent over backwards to appease the big egotistical baby, herein known as Shelly-boy Cooper!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, chucky said:

Oh please, she's knuckled under so many times to Shelly-boy that it's ridiculous. Ever since she married Leonard, Penny has numerous times bent over backwards to appease the big egotistical baby, herein known as Shelly-boy Cooper!

Hm. So playing her game and standing for her interests is supposed to be "she knuckles under".

n_0454.gif.6d4b022bb408ce0b1f7c15a5a008f65b.gif

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, veejay said:

Hm. So playing her game and standing for her interests is supposed to be "she knuckles under".

n_0454.gif.6d4b022bb408ce0b1f7c15a5a008f65b.gif

I don't think she has really knuckled under this season. I think though her standing up for interest at times though has benefitted Sheldon and has been a detriment to Leonard. In these case I believe if there was to be any knuckles under it should have been for Leonard.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spaced_up said:

Whatever way we see it, Penny has a way with Sheldon which is unique to her. She certainly never knuckles under to anyone and I don't agree that Penny could be anyones "bitch". She's as strong willed as he is. So maybe that's something that she gets about him.

I definitely don't see her as anyone bitch, but she has given into Sheldon on quite a few occasions (and taken Sheldon's side over Leonard, mostly later in the series.  After telling Leonard to stand up to him, her giving in(i.e. the table thing, or moving out)  gives the appearance, at least to me, of her knuckling under.  Whether you call it giving in or knuckling under is going to be dependent on how you see it.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I don't think she has really knuckled under this season. I think though her standing up for interest at times though has benefitted Sheldon and has been a detriment to Leonard. In these case I believe if there was to be any knuckles under it should have been for Leonard.

Well, I don't like any form of submission and I think I'm on the right side with Penny. :shy:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I definitely don't see her as anyone bitch, but she has given into Sheldon on quite a few occasions (and taken Sheldon's side over Leonard, mostly later in the series.  After telling Leonard to stand up to him, her giving in(i.e. the table thing, or moving out)  gives the appearance, at least to me, of her knuckling under.  Whether you call it giving in or knuckling under is going to be dependent on how you see it.

 

 

 

 

Yeah it seems to me Leonard has always taken Penny's side in her arguments with Sheldon. Penny has not always taken Leonard's side in arguments with Sheldon.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, veejay said:

Hm. So playing her game and standing for her interests is supposed to be "she knuckles under".

n_0454.gif.6d4b022bb408ce0b1f7c15a5a008f65b.gif

Let's talk about standing up to Shelly-boy supposedly backing her husband when he bought that dining room table set on her insistence. Then backing down when Shelly didn't want anybody to use it. Some buckling for right there.

4 minutes ago, veejay said:

Well, I don't like any form of submission and I think I'm on the right side with Penny. :shy:

Yeah, alright. (Sarcasm there) :sarcastichand:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, chucky said:

Let's talk about standing up to Shelly-boy supposedly backing her husband when he bought that dining room table set on her insistence. Then backing down when Shelly didn't want anybody to use it. Some buckling for right there.

Yeah, alright. (Sarcasm there) :sarcastichand:

Everyone backed down on that one. And realistically were they going to really eat there permanently. By the way Lenny wasn't married back in season 7.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Everyone backed down on that one. And realistically were they going to really eat there permanently. By the way Lenny wasn't married back in season 7.

Leonard only did because his girlfriend (Penny) talked him into it.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

She did but I think she realized, without admitting she was wrong, that her idea wasn't feasible.

She should have went and sat with the others and not influence her boyfriend. But, that's not funny.

11 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

She did but I think she realized, without admitting she was wrong, that her idea wasn't feasible.

Sooooo, She cost her boyfriend somewhere between 400. to 1,000. dollars for a dining room set to sit and collect dust. She can and should be replaced

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Is subverting her husbands interest, while supporting Sheldon, really in her interests?  

They have an agreement (insert any sarcasm sign you want, LOL). But to answer your question, of course not.
I didn't say that specifically either. Weighing up countless outstanding bad examples from the series against each other is also not my interest. That would be a hell of a long list. :shy:

Edited by veejay
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, veejay said:

They have an agreement (insert any sarcasm sign you want, LOL). But to answer you question, of course not.
I didn't say that specifically either. Weighing up countless outstanding bad examples from the series against each other is also not my interest. That would be a hell of a long list. :shy:

I mean she stood up for her interests in Big Bran and Panty Piñata.  But lately, she's been caving to Sheldon, and against Leonard, which I maintain is not in her interests.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, chucky said:

She should have went and sat with the others and not influence her boyfriend. But, that's not funny.

Sooooo, She cost her boyfriend somewhere between 400. to 1,000. dollars for a dining room set to sit and collect dust. She can and should be replaced

And Leonard could of told Penny I don't want to go shopping. Though that wouldn't of been funny either. JMO but of all the Penny knuckling under to Sheldon that's a weak one. Viewing Party Combustion may be a better example.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.