Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I beg to differ. I've been married for 25 years and I've always tried to demonstrate to my wife how much I love her. I don't consider myself anything special but when you love someone trying to show your love for them is not a chore but something that comes natural.

I agree! I've been married for going on 38 years. My wife and I still find the time and enjoy showing our love for each other. That's because we want to do it, not have to do it.

  • Like 7
  • Koala Face 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I beg to differ. I've been married for 25 years and I've always tried to demonstrate to my wife how much I love her. I don't consider myself anything special but when you love someone trying to show your love for them is not a chore but something that comes natural.
Love is what you make it. Sometimes we are broken by other's. But we try to amend ourselves but it's not easy. The deeper the love.The deeper it is in the heart.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the feeling the writers portray or write the couples on this show based on their own expereinces. I wonder if sometimes they should be a bit more universal, but alas. TO me Leonard and Penny has been the most realistically written couple on TV this decade. So everything they do with them is realistic, but that is just me. I personally still beleive they got married too soon. If I had my way. They would of never got engaged that early. And would of married them off in the series final. I just think the show for whatever reason has been mostly hit and miss with Lenny in regards to writing them as a married couple. This season, I feel with Holland a new showrunner at the helm. Having a fresh voice has helped. Johnny and Kaley continue to put their all into the characters helps too. Let's be honest this crop of writers are a damn luckey to have such an excellent cast. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I get the feeling the writers portray or write the couples on this show based on their own expereinces. I wonder if sometimes they should be a bit more universal, but alas. TO me Leonard and Penny has been the most realistically written couple on TV this decade. So everything they do with them is realistic, but that is just me. I personally still beleive they got married too soon. If I had my way. They would of never got engaged that early. And would of married them off in the series final. I just think the show for whatever reason has been mostly hit and miss with Lenny in regards to writing them as a married couple. This season, I feel with Holland a new showrunner at the helm. Having a fresh voice has helped. Johnny and Kaley continue to put their all into the characters helps too. Let's be honest this crop of writers are a damn luckey to have such an excellent cast. 

I'n sorry, Lenny is not being realistically written. I hardly ever see them portrayed as a loving couple. The only way you can tell they are married is by the rings on their fingers.There's too much snarky remarks thrown at Leonard from Penny. The only excitement I've seen from Penny is when she was interacting with either Raj or Sheldon. She's nice to them but down right upsetting in her reactions to her husband. The closest I've seen to a loving scene between Lenny was when she gave him a kiss on the cheek when talking about his book. WOW, BIG DEAL! As you can tell, it's my time to rant. For once I would like to see a loving scene between Lenny as it was before they got married. Have these writers forgotten what it's like to be in love? I think so!

Edited by chucky
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

I beg to differ. I've been married for 25 years and I've always tried to demonstrate to my wife how much I love her. I don't consider myself anything special but when you love someone trying to show your love for them is not a chore but something that comes natural.

We are all unique. I don't think Penny is like that at all. Some people might find it artificial if there spouse was constantly showing "how much" they love. 

  • Like 3
  • Run to India 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, djsurrey said:

We are all unique. I don't think Penny is like that at all. Some people might find it artificial if there spouse was constantly showing "how much" they love. 

There is a big difference between showing too much and hardly showing any at all.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are all unique. I don't think Penny is like that at all. Some people might find it artificial if there spouse was constantly showing "how much" they love. 
It's jmo and I've been married 3 times but I don't there are too many people that don't want any attention paid to them

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, chucky said:

She treats him with disdain and appears to be exasperated that Leonard has interrupted her from doing something when he contacts her.

Lots of people get exasperated when they are interrupted. It does not make them necessarily evil, cold crappy mothers. I'm not defending Beverly totally. She's not mother of the year, but she's not the devil Leonard makes her out to be, any more than Mrs. Wolowitz was as terrible a mother as Howard used to make her out to be. Mothers get a horrible rap on this show. Howard's mother, Leonard's mother, Amy's mother, Sheldon's mother occasionally, although not as much any more...about the only ones who've come off fairly well are Raj's mother and Bernie's mother and that's probably because we don't see much of them.

 

9 hours ago, chucky said:

I think it would have been different if he had contacted Alfred! But alas, we weren't allowed to witness that.

I do wish we had seen Alfred sooner and that we saw more of him now.

  • Like 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

It's jmo and I've been married 3 times but I don't there are too many people that don't want any attention paid to them

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 

I think everyone in a relationship would like to know for sure they are cared about. One way to do that is to show them some attention at least every once in awhile.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, chucky said:

I'n sorry, Lenny is not being realistically written. I hardly ever see them portrayed as a loving couple. The only way you can tell they are married is by the rings on their fingers.There's too much snarky remarks thrown at Leonard from Penny. The only excitement I've seen from Penny is when she was interacting with either Raj or Sheldon. She's nice to them but down right upsetting in her reactions to her husband. The closest I've seen to a loving scene between Lenny was when she gave him a kiss on the cheek when talking about his book. WOW, BIG DEAL! As you can tell, it's my time to rant. For once I would like to see a loving scene between Lenny as it was before they got married. Have these writers forgotten what it's like to be in love? I think so!

I agree that I would like to see more romance and loving scenes for LENNY  as in seasons 6 & 7 but I think the snarkiness has lessened alot this season.  Also this season she has not interacted as much with Raj and Sheldon only to give them advice but also with Leonard. I really believe that Lenny desperately needs a story arc to get them out of their stagnant status.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, vonmar said:

This is a television sitcom. The characters are not going to behave "realistically".  These are exaggerated lives played out on our TV screens.  

If you compare their lives to normal social norms or to your own life you are going to be disappointed every time. Their lives belong to the creators, showrunners and writers.

I love Shamy because they are weird, I love Howardette because they make each other better people, I love Lenny because they were an unlikely pair who found each other.

(Oh, and I love Raj because he has a cute dog...lol)

I don't know anyone like these people and that's one of the reasons that I watch. 

 

I agree, especially about Raj and his dog. :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I totally disagree with you! We are not asking for Penny to be OOC and be the most loving human being in the whole universe, but we would definitely want S6 Penny, at the very least. It should have gotten even better between them since they are now married, and hadn't been for long enough to get tired of each other.

I never said Penny  should be OOC. I was just saying Romance Penny has always been more subtle. When has she ever been the Romantic Type. Ever? I Don't think she ever has. Season 8-10 was pretty bad. But personally I have been happy about s11. They are starting to get isolated screen time. Starting to get some alone time. Discussing their friends problems, instead of their own. I Am not saying I Disagree. I would love Penny to be more romantic. But I guess I just see it differently. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I just think Lenny have been very good this season. The Showrunners have noticeably diminished the snarkiness. And overall its been one of their better seasons. I just think expecting Season 6 Penny is not all that attainable. I just choose to selectively look at the positives of Leonard and Penny this season. sorry if that is a crime. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, djsurrey said:

I don't care about the dog at all. 

Personally I care more about Cinnamon than raj, she is a much more interesting and likable character.

tumblr_mlzi1oXhOP1rn4qwao8_250.gif

Edited by JE7
"Bark twice if you need me to call peta" - Penny
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Koala Face 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I agree that I would like to see more romance and loving scenes for LENNY  as in seasons 6 & 7 but I think the snarkiness has lessened alot this season. 

If Lenny fans can be satisfied or excited about that I give them a lot of credit. I don't personally think that's much to cheer about at all. If Lenny's all I watched the show for I'd have quit by now. My hat is off to them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I don't remember that. What happened ?

I think that the first time Emily met Cinnamon, the dog growled at her. It could be Cinnamon was just jealous.  :sarcastichand:

I just like to think that the dog didn't like Emily!

Edited by chucky
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree Penny could and should treat Leonard much better, but I don't think it's that bad, at least not this season. I think even when she doesn't say directly that she loves him it is there. Take her enthusisasm about his book for example, or being worried that he might thinks she is too mean to him (twice this season), the redo she organized to try to make ammends with Beverly thinking it would imporve things between Beverly and Leonard, wanting to go to Comic-Con for him, even in one of the worst episodes IMO ("The Collaboration Fluctuation") she said he is a good/great friend and "an even better husband", and of course there was the bitcoin episode (You love me -I married you jackass).

Penny is not that good at showing her love and Leonard knows it. Also, there is generally not too much love shown on TBBT. In seasons 8-10 she has been too snarky and her behavior was sometimes bordering on cruel. She also behaved in a weird way in "The Solo Oscillation" with no explanation. I agree things could have been much better but I don't think it is that terrible. 

  • Like 2
  • Leonard Cupid 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.