[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

5 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

You say that but a lot of these smart ass remarks comes to bite us back in later episodes or seasons. I remember a lot of lenny said the same thing, even me about sheldon remark that lenny have the worst relationship of all the couples. That was unbelievable comment to say back then. That came to bite us in season 8,9 & 10. That's just one example of tptb hinting what the future may hold and they like to make him right a lot of the times. So I think it's possible that the line about smart and beautiful babies could be imaginary as sheldon said. After all, he is the breakout star and 2 reports were I think it has mentioned imaginary babies for lenny. One sheldon saying penny will carry some of his 15 kids. Guess that's another throwaway line. Another line were leonard might be infertile due to handling radioactive materials. This two lines might have been said in different contexts but both hint at the same scenario where  lenny might not have kids on the show. Like I said it is one of my fears and I'm entitled to voice them. Anyway it has always been brush aside or excuses made very quickly when the subject of kids come up for lenny.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

What can I say? I now stand corrected. For all you nice folks on the forum, please notice that I do admit when I am wrong. But, that's not too often.  :icon_wink:

Edited by chucky

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What can I say? I now stand corrected. For all you nice folks on the forum, please notice that I do admit when I am wrong. But, that's not too often.  :icon_wink:
You are not wrong. We all see things differently. Doesn't make it wrong. At the end of the day, it's all speculations of what we think might or might not happen on the show.

10 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

You are not wrong. We all see things differently. Doesn't make it wrong. At the end of the day, it's all speculations of what we think might or might not happen on the show.

This reminds me of, my spelling is awful here, Shroedinger's Cat. I can be right or wrong until I am proven one way or the other.  :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by chucky

I'm not sure they are going to do that and why it would apply only to Leonard. But I don't care either. I don't watch the show for the character's kids. What I want is more funny ensemble pieces like we got in season six. I like to see the whole gang doing things together.

Because leonard is alway the fall guy. Yeah the ensemble pieces are dying slowly too. Just like the main set 4A, apparently 4B is now the main set.

The only lines I have taken seriously is when Lorre said something Like he was ok with Howard and Bernie having a kid (the first one) because it wasn’t on the main set.  Now that was a Couple of years ago (things change) but  as far as I can tell it is the only comment from anyone that matters.

Well Lorre or was it Moloro also said Lenny wouldent have kids too soon, because it would change the DNA of the show. Which I thought was a flimsy excuse or reason. Howardette have had two or about to have two kids now. I guess they are not a big part of the original premise of the show. I could go on a limb and say the only pregnancy the majority of the audience care about is Penny pregnancy. Seeing most of the audience have been holding onto "Our babies well be smart and beautiful" since the pilot. OF course that was not just a set up joke. It has been a long running gag through out the series. Whether or not it happens in the series final remains to be seen. Which I Think it well be next year. As I beleive Season 12 well be the last. 

I mean whether or not Sheldon well be right they well be imaginary remains to be seen. But thing its not just a Lenny wish. ITs been a big part of the show. And if they decide to make Leonard infertile. Because well Leonard LOL. Like Monica and Chandler did. They could end up adopting. 

Edited by 3ku11

4 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Well Lorre or was it Moloro also said Lenny wouldent have kids too soon, because it would change the DNA of the show. Which I thought was a flimsy excuse or reason. Howardette have had two or about to have two kids now. I guess they are not a big part of the original premise of the show. I could go on a limb and say the only pregnancy the majority of the audience care about is Penny pregnancy. Seeing most of the audience have been holding onto "Our babies well be smart and beautiful" since the pilot. OF course that was not just a set up joke. It has been a long running gag through out the series. Whether or not it happens in the series final remains to be seen. Which I Think it well be next year. As I beleive Season 12 well be the last. 

I mean whether or not Sheldon well be right they well be imaginary remains to be seen. But thing its not just a Lenny wish. ITs been a big part of the show. And if they decide to make Leonard infertile. Because well Leonard LOL. Like Monica and Chandler did. They could end up adopting. 

Oh no, no, no! The writers have given up on Penny getting pregnant. In my humble opinion, the writers will have Amy be the next one to get pregnant. That way their golden haired boy can then say to Leonard "It appears that I have the smart and beautiful babies and seems like yours are still imaginary". 

17 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Monica and Chandler are not Lenny. That worked on Friends. TBBT is a different kind of comedy show.

12 minutes ago, chucky said:

Oh no, no, no! The writers have given up on Penny getting pregnant. In my humble opinion, the writers will have Amy be the next one to get pregnant. That way their golden haired boy can then say to Leonard "It appears that I have the smart and beautiful babies and seems like yours are still imaginary". 

That's not going to happen for two reasons:

1. It's not funny. Not just for Lenny fans but IMO to most other fans of the show.

2. Syndiication. I'm watching Friends right now. The show has been off the air for almost 14 years. Again jMO but if Rachel stayed on the plane it would of left a bitter taste in viewers mouths even if  people weren't  Ross and Rachel fans. Just my guess many wouldn't be watching the repeats now. Same goes with Lenny. Why turn off fans now and future fans. My daughter is a Friends fan just from syndication.

8 minutes ago, chucky said:

Stuart is a semi-regular, So, it's nothing new for him to be in the episode. :icon_rolleyes:

When you have Stuart on so much you know your trying to kill time till the end of season 12.

I agree if lenny are going to have kids on the show. If tptb let them, will be the the last episode of the show in a prolepsis. The next baby plot till then will not be lenny.

When you have Stuart on so much you know your trying to kill time till the end of season 12.

I disagree, the majority of fans watch for Sheldon now. His relationship and the others characters are just a bonus to the majority non-shippers. The show has been viciously promoted from sheldon point of view for years now, I don't think it will affect syndication of the show in a big way, if lenny do not have kids.

I disagree, the majority of fans watch for Sheldon now. His relationship and the others characters are just a bonus to the majority non-shippers. The show has been viciously promoted from sheldon point of view for years now, I don't think it will affect syndication of the show in a big way, if lenny do not have kids.

Maybe syndication worries is what got Johnny and Kaley the big money since their not there for any important story lines

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Maybe syndication worries is what got Johnny and Kaley the big money since their not there for any important story lines

True. The sales and licensing of the show for broadcasting by other television stations when it wraps up could be future profits for them. I'm sure they have it in their contracts as part of the pay cut but I could be wrong.

46 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

I agree if lenny are going to have kids on the show. If tptb let them, will be the the last episode of the show in a prolepsis. The next baby plot till then will not be lenny.

I think the next wedding will be in the series  finale so that couple won't be parents. I don't see Raj being married or a father. The fact of the matter is they have like 30 episodes left. There is no reason for a season 13. An actual Lenny baby wouldn't be till the end since everyone will be living where they're living.

1 hour ago, Tonstar17 said:

True. The sales and licensing of the show for broadcasting by other television stations when it wraps up could be future profits for them. I'm sure they have it in their contracts as part of the pay cut but I could be wrong.

They do.  Their contracts have included a percentage of the "back end" money for quite a while.  And not just when it wraps up. They started receiving "back end" money when reruns began appearing on TBS and other non CBS networks.

The "back end" is any profits generated off any airings off of the CBS network.  

Edited by vonmar

18 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

That's why the product at the end (the show) needs to look desirable. I think most fans and critics acknowledge the quality of the show has gone down. I wold assume that would affect sales and licensing fees. The fact is most are willing to DVR for the next 1.5 years. But that doesn't work for reruns.

That's why the product at the end (the show) needs to look desirable. I think most fans and critics acknowledge the quality of the show has gone down. I wold assume that would affect sales and licensing fees. The fact is most are willing to DVR for the next 1.5 years. But that doesn't work for reruns.

The Show has been for on 10 Years so of course it has down in quality! I would not expect any show to have the same quality in Season 11 that it did in Season 3-5.

Most (Good) Shows start to decline in in quality around the Fifth or Sixth Seasons with Peak quality usually being Season 4 and Season 5.

Few shows that are for more then 5 Seasons manage to have the same quality of their earlier seasons and few shows manage to improve with quality in later seasons or have better quality later on. Very few shows have better later seasons then early seasons.

Cheers (11 Seasons) is one of a few long running shows few that improves in quality every seasons to it last and one of the few long running sitcoms that was a better show in it later seasons then it was in it early season. Later Seasons was better quality show.

Same with Seinfeld. It was a better quality show in Season 6-9 then it was in Season 1-4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think the next wedding will be in the series  finale so that couple won't be parents. 

The next wedding will be at the end of this season.  They mentioned the date of Shamy's wedding in the last taping.  

6 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Cheers (11 Seasons) is one of a long running shows few that improves in quality every seasons to it last and one of the few long running sitcoms that was a better show in it later seasons then it was in it early season. Later Seasons was better quality show.

Personally, I thought the early seasons were better, with Shelly Long.  The seasons with Kirsty Alley, at first, weren't that bad, but got worse the longer it went.

6 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Same with Seinfeld. It was a better quality show in Season 6-9 then it was in Season 1-4

I never thought there was any quality in Seinfeld.  I tried several times to watch, and never could.  

But, I'm quite sure there are those that disagree with me.

2 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Seeing how Howard got a vasectomy will Bernadette have an affair with the Milkman?    

Why not, not all vasectomies are successful.  And, just because they didn't mention it, doesn't mean it can't happen.  

I never thought there was any quality in Seinfeld.  I tried several times to watch, and never could.  
But, I'm quite sure there are those that disagree with me.

I though I was the only one that didn't like Seinfeld