Tensor

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Why not, not all vasectomies are successful.  And, just because they didn't mention it, doesn't mean it can't happen.  

Well, i was trying to be funny or make a joke in my last post.

but you are right it could fail but it very rare. Unless Howard fake it or Bernadette has another Man Baby. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

3 hours ago, chucky said:

Oh no, no, no! The writers have given up on Penny getting pregnant. In my humble opinion, the writers will have Amy be the next one to get pregnant. That way their golden haired boy can then say to Leonard "It appears that I have the smart and beautiful babies and seems like yours are still imaginary". 

I don't agree. The show has dropped way more hints this season Penny well become pregnant sooner rather then later. Shamy have sex once a year. The show has never even had them discussing having kids. Earlier this season Penny borrowed Bernadette book. 

e991b1764205080f7b07e9152847.jpeg

1111_leonardwhatsnext.gif

1111_pennywannadoallthosethings.gif

I think it is obvious Penny well give birth at some stage in the final season next year. Show has made so many baby references with Lenny this year. It is very probable. 

Edited by 3ku11

10 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I don't agree. The show has dropped way more hints this season Penny well become pregnant sooner rather then later. Shamy have sex once a year. The show has never even had them discussing having kids. Earlier this season Penny borrowed Bernadette book. 

I think it is obvious Penny well give birth at some stage in the final season next year. Show has made so many baby references with Lenny this year. It is very probable. 

do you actually know its the final season?

1 hour ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

The Show has been for on 10 Years so of course it has down in quality! I would not expect any show to have the same quality in Season 11 that it did in Season 3-5.

Most (Good) Shows start to decline in in quality around the Fifth or Sixth Seasons with Peak quality usually being Season 4 and Season 5.

Few shows that are for more then 5 Seasons manage to have the same quality of their earlier seasons and few shows manage to improve with quality in later seasons or have better quality later on. Very few shows have better later seasons then early seasons.

Cheers (11 Seasons) is one of a few long running shows few that improves in quality every seasons to it last and one of the few long running sitcoms that was a better show in it later seasons then it was in it early season. Later Seasons was better quality show.

Same with Seinfeld. It was a better quality show in Season 6-9 then it was in Season 1-4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quality is subjective. A personal opinion.  Quantity is measurable...what are the ratings 11 years in?

The show is still killing it in the ratings, live, live+3 and live+7

Edited by vonmar

3 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Quality is subjective. A personal opinion.  Quantity is measurable...what are the ratings 11 years in?

The show is still killing it it the ratings, live, live+3 and live+7

We can talk quality quantity ratings till we turn blue. The two big questions are:

1.. Is the showing making money? I could be wrong but I believe the show as I read is starting to creep to break even. The pay cuts are an example of that.

2. Do the actors want to do the show? From appearance and this is JMO the enthusiasm

I don't think ratings will be the reason the show ends.

19 minutes ago, kbp said:

do you actually know its the final season?

I think season 12 will be it.

13 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

This show is an incredible - and easy - cash cow for actors.  A half hour show, filmed as this one is, is a walk in the park for professional actors.  They all go elsewhere looking for challenges.

A friend of mine was on a top ten half hour show and he couldn't get over how much money he made for doing so little, as compared to the stage and film work he'd done.

I believe that Kaley in the Actor on Actor interview with Anthony Anderson says she works only about 14 hours a week!

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

They do.  Their contracts have included a percentage of the "back end" money for quite a while.  And not just when it wraps up. They started receiving "back end" money when reruns began appearing on TBS and other non CBS networks.

The "back end" is any profits generated off any airings off of the CBS network.  

I wonder if this includes  international airings as well.  I think TBBT currently airs in England, Germany, Australia, etc.

23 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

I can't remember the last time Johnny or Kaley promoted Lenny, but then again what is there to promote. I guess in the long run of no arc, they are not excited by lenny as back in the day but no fault of there own. I think they will keep doing the show as long as it goes on and the money is good.

I agree with you, I think they'll do exactly that. However IMO, they should leave at the end of the 12 season regardless of what happens if they are not ( as we presume) satisfied. I know it is really hard to walk away from 24 million per year, but when does enough money become enough money? Isn't the point of having so much money having the independence  and financial stability that would enable you to do whatever you want? Otherwise... what's the point?

13 hours ago, legacy99 said:

Or maybe they can start doing stories that Sheldon isn't the center of, so all the characters get a chance to shine.

And it would make a much more interesting show.

8 hours ago, mirs1 said:

I don't want to receive any hate posts from Shamy fans , but I must say that Kevin and Mayim look like a cute couple in this picture. All this , JMO.

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

IMO yes it does.  If people believe that the quality is slipping, wouldn't they stop watching? Wouldn't the ratings drop?  

No it doesn't, necessarily.Ratings are affected by many variables not the least one of which is competition. All the ratings mean is that x amount of viewers watch the show at a certain point in time. No more, no less. Whatever we infer from that are just opinions. Furthermore, quality is subjective. We are both watching the same show, and I'm sure your opinion on the show's quality for this season is very different from mine.

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I'm not sure who exactly you are talking about here but if you are talking about Shamy then I just want to friendly point out that you are wrong as they have mentioned them having kids in every season since season 6 and in fact had an entire episode dedicated to that topic last season, in fact it will be brought up again in the next episode. So it has been discussed by every single couple in the series.

Just wanted to point out that fact to everyone as by just revisionist history and not as an attack on anyone. 😊

16 minutes ago, BobtheBlob said:

I'm not sure who exactly you are talking about here but if you are talking about Shamy then I just want to friendly point out that you are wrong as they have mentioned them having kids in every season since season 6 and in fact had an entire episode dedicated to that topic last season, in fact it will be brought up again in the next episode. So it has been discussed by every single couple in the series.

Just wanted to point out that fact to everyone as by just revisionist history and not as an attack on anyone. 😊

Season 4 in fact. One of the first things we find out Shamy discussed was the possibility of having kids - back then via IVF and surrogacy, of course.

1 minute ago, Tensor said:

As will Sheldon and Penny having kids be brought up, I'm not sure of your point here.  

It's not Sheldon and Penny having kids - it's Penny being a surrogate for Shamy's kids which is just harking back to that aforementioned joke from 4x01.

25 minutes ago, April said:

It's not Sheldon and Penny having kids - it's Penny being a surrogate for Shamy's kids which is just harking back to that aforementioned joke from 4x01.

I'm going to wait until it airs. I didn't think the surrogacy issue was cut and dried.     

ETA:  I went back and looked and it's not clear to me that surrogacy was what was meant.  

11 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

That was back before Shamy. Now they are the writers favorites. What's funny for Sheldon is good for the show. Lenny has to fight for everything they get. So Shamy will get the nice family and Lenny will be standing there drooling, wondering WTF?  :icon_cheesygrin:

5 hours ago, Mislav said:

Aren't most vasectomies reversible via (another) surgery?

I hear it's very painful surgery. :icon_wink:

7 hours ago, Tensor said:

I'm going to wait until it airs. I didn't think the surrogacy issue was cut and dried.     

ETA:  I went back and looked and it's not clear to me that surrogacy was what was meant.  

If it were a perfect world, Sheldon would  bring the subject up again and Penny would throw him down the elevator shaft. Of course after Leonard open's the elevator doors for his wife.  :sarcastichand:

Edited by chucky

I'm sorry I don't see a a reverse vasectomy coming. The vasectomy issue I think signifies no more kids for Howdette. As Penny being a surrogate I don't think that will happen. The show is not good with continuing storylines. If they did  that he show would be compared to Friends. It worked on Friends because the show was better at having guest on for 5-6 straight episodes.

8 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I'm sorry I don't see a a reverse vasectomy coming. The vasectomy issue I think signifies no more kids for Howdette. As Penny being a surrogate I don't think that will happen. The show is not good with continuing storylines. If they did  that he show would be compared to Friends. It worked on Friends because the show was better at having guest on for 5-6 straight episodes.

I imagine Penny's response to someone saying that will happen would be somewhat along the lines of "Not even if I went batcrap crazy" (besides Sheldon who she just disregards because he is a Wackadoodle)

Edited by bfm