Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread


Tensor

Recommended Posts

Apart from family, who else might we see ? If Emily comes as Amy's Chaucer Society or quilting-club  friend, possibly without her plus one, how about she gets talking to Raj and they begin to make up - or, her male companion can't come so she brings a female friend and introduces her to him ?

We've got to get Raj meeting somebody soon and weddings are supposed to be a good place for that.

Or could Raj possibly persuade Ramona to go with him ? 

Who'll come with Stuart ? Will he be drawing wedding pictures and get talking to an artistic Shamy relative, or perhaps one who works in the publishing industry ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

Wouldn't it be strange to have three episodes for a wedding and some of the wedding guests you only see in two episodes. 

Penny’s family didn’t arrive the same day as Leonard’s.  Leonard’s dad didn’t arrive with his mom.  Assuming the ceremony actually happens in a single episode most would likely appear in 2.  The only “must have” guest who is clearly in demand elsewhere is Laurie Metcalf.  She probably committed to it months ago.  Big Bang is a bit unusual in that it’s 65ish parents are  still very much in demand actors.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

Penny’s family didn’t arrive the same day as Leonard’s.  Leonard’s dad didn’t arrive with his mom.  Assuming the ceremony actually happens in a single episode most would likely appear in 2.  The only “must have” guest who is clearly in demand elsewhere is Laurie Metcalf.  She probably committed to it months ago.  Big Bang is a bit unusual in that it’s 65ish parents are  still very much in demand actors.  

I'm assuming that the ceremony would be in three episodes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, legacy99 said:

For me i would hate that they would take 3 episodes for the shamy wedding

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 

That's three episode thing is way over doing it. Shamy isn't that important to me. That would be three episodes I wouldn't want to watch.

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Well-known young to middle-aged ones yes, it would be difficult because they are likely to be booked already. If they could get them they perhaps would have to be written so they weren't in all three episodes. If they had semi-retired ones for the grandparents it might be easier to get them. The fact that the episode(s) is/are not written yet bothers me as to the quality that would be available.

I think that is a pipe dream. CBS, in my opinion, wouldn't to pay guests for two or three episodes that close together.

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Apart from family, who else might we see ? If Emily comes as Amy's Chaucer Society or quilting-club  friend, possibly without her plus one, how about she gets talking to Raj and they begin to make up - or, her male companion can't come so she brings a female friend and introduces her to him ?

We've got to get Raj meeting somebody soon and weddings are supposed to be a good place for that.

Or could Raj possibly persuade Ramona to go with him ? 

Who'll come with Stuart ? Will he be drawing wedding pictures and get talking to an artistic Shamy relative, or perhaps one who works in the publishing industry ? 

If after 11 years they haven't taken care of Raj, then he's not a priority and will probably left behind. :icon_wink:

Edited by chucky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't expect a big event, perhaps larger than Lenny's redo but a few dozens of people at best, could be less than 20. This is not the series finale so I don't think it should resolve Raj's and Stuart's romantic lives. Maybe one of them could meet somebody but I don't think Shamy's wedding will be the answer to both their problems (romantic or career-related). 

Edited by bfm
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

Wouldn't it be strange to have three episodes for a wedding and some of the wedding guests you only see in two episodes. 

That would depend on the storyline.

Lenny's re-do was over two episodes and it still seemed rushed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

That would depend on the storyline.

Lenny's re-do was over two episodes and it still seemed rushed.

In my opinion was the redo in just one episode but it really doesn't matter, and I agree, the redo felt  rushed. 

Edited by Lagernisse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, chucky said:

I beg to differ. Howard is one of the original 5 cast members and Bernadette was the 6th person added to the cast. They are both definitely primary characters.

You are free to use your own definitions. As I see it TBBT started off with three primary characters and it was still 3 in season 5.

3 hours ago, legacy99 said:

For me i would hate that they would take 3 episodes for the shamy wedding

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 

They could yet get overwhelmed with planning and run away and have a quiet wedding. It is hard to imagine Sheldon standing in front of a crowd on purpose..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All I hope for is that the wedding is funny and Sheldon’s serious part of the vows Is short.  As far as Raj goes, I can see why they want to have a character who is single for story  purposes.  It helps that has been normalized a bit.  

Edited by MsGreentea
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, April said:

They already did that plot with them though.

You mean when the wedding was still far off.  What would we expect will happen to Sheldon as people start showing up? I expect he will bolt or Amy will have him drugged. It is not really consent if he is drugged so my guess they will run off once Amy's relatives start arriving.

Edited by djsurrey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

You mean when the wedding was still far off.  What would we expect will happen to Sheldon as people start showing up? I expect he will bolt or Amy will have him drugged. It is not really consent if he is drugged so my guess they will run off once Amy's relatives start arriving.

Sheldon was the one who wanted the whole shebang in the first place and the writers explicitly gave him a whole god damn speech about that. So yeah, I have a hard time seeing them write essentially the same plot again, just this time with the punchline "Well, here we are again. We should have gotten married in December..."

Thing is, when it comes to Amy people often underestimate Sheldon's willingness to go through with whatever next big step in their relationship is on the table. Or the writer's willingness to put it on screen. Take your pick. They have often let him do things that people thought he'd never do and, well, now here we are. Sure, there might be some tension but I think ultimately he'll show up and they'll go through with it.

5 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I'd love to know how they're going to do that with her being in the play and all.

There's apparently a break from Sunday afternoon to Tuesday evening so that in theory she could fly over and have those scenes pre-taped on Monday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, April said:

Sheldon was the one who wanted the whole shebang in the first place and the writers explicitly gave him a whole god damn speech about that. So yeah, I have a hard time seeing them write essentially the same plot again, just this time with the punchline "Well, here we are again. We should have gotten married in December..."

That's what I'd expect to see. I thought I could handle it but....

tenor.gif.2873f4ecc31c1afb886a73dbf00f735b.gif

Edited by djsurrey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I prefered they got married in that little reception they were at. Get it out of the way. Focus on some other plots. But they diddn't. It would be well IC for Sheldon to get cold feet before the big day. So sure Sheldon wanted the wedding in the first place. But he woulden't be the first man in history to get doubts. Especially seeing this is Sheldon were talking about here. Not that I see that happening in any case, but it is a possibility.

As for the 250th episode. I Don't see any major milestone or anything. Penny pregnant prob only last one they have up their sleeve. A Nice episode where they remember the past. And focused on the core cast be good. Maybe it well be around Leonard and Sheldon getting Tenure? Who knows. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I prefered they got married in that little reception they were at. Get it out of the way. Focus on some other plots. But they diddn't. It would be well IC for Sheldon to get cold feet before the big day. So sure Sheldon wanted the wedding in the first place. But he woulden't be the first man in history to get doubts. Especially seeing this is Sheldon were talking about here. Not that I see that happening in any case, but it is a possibility.

As for the 250th episode. I Don't see any major milestone or anything. Penny pregnant prob only last one they have up their sleeve. A Nice episode where they remember the past. And focused on the core cast be good. Maybe it well be around Leonard and Sheldon getting Tenure? Who knows. 

I'm in total agreement. Literally, I can think of nothing more to add. As I have stated in many reviews of the fanfiction stories I have read,  GREAT JOB!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I prefered they got married in that little reception they were at. Get it out of the way. Focus on some other plots. But they diddn't. It would be well IC for Sheldon to get cold feet before the big day. So sure Sheldon wanted the wedding in the first place. But he woulden't be the first man in history to get doubts. Especially seeing this is Sheldon were talking about here. Not that I see that happening in any case, but it is a possibility.

As for the 250th episode. I Don't see any major milestone or anything. Penny pregnant prob only last one they have up their sleeve. A Nice episode where they remember the past. And focused on the core cast be good. Maybe it well be around Leonard and Sheldon getting Tenure? Who knows. 

They are competing for the head of the housing association or something, it's nothing to do with the tenure at the university as far as I know unless I completely misread it.

I am expecting the usual petty bs when they are competition with each other. It escalates and nobody comes out looking good from it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Jonny said:

 

I am expecting the usual petty bs when they are competition with each other. It escalates and nobody comes out looking good from it.

Another filler episode. If they wrote like this in high school they would of IMO flunked out of their creative writing class. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Jonny said:

They are competing for the head of the housing association or something, it's nothing to do with the tenure at the university as far as I know unless I completely misread it.

I am expecting the usual petty bs when they are competition with each other. It escalates and nobody comes out looking good from it.

I really don't know or care what it's about. I will record it and fast forward over the shamy parts. :sarcastichand:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, chucky said:

I can tell that you don't think much off the contributions that Howard and Raj brings to the show. They are just as primary as the other three. That's my definition of primary characters. To each their own. Have a nice day.

YES! There were five main characters from the start. It was an ensemble from the start as I see it.

 

3 hours ago, April said:

Sheldon was the one who wanted the whole shebang in the first place and the writers explicitly gave him a whole god damn speech about that. So yeah, I have a hard time seeing them write essentially the same plot again

If he didn't want the big wedding they would have gotten married at city hall...or he wouldn't even have proposed. I don't see  him bailing on it now unless something drastic happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They diddn't get married at City Hall because the writers diddn't want them too, simple as that. I am not sure where this idea is coming from about Sheldon bailing out. I don't think anyone is saying that. Just he proposed out of the blue. IT was a very strong and impuslive response. OF course he wants Amy to be his Life Long Partner. But I just woulden't be surprised if they make Sheldon have cold feet. I know their relationship is very robotic and manufactured. But that is a very human trait, and human thing. Its only natural. Chandler and Monica in Friends, yes another Friends reference. Chandler ran out on his wedding day. So well see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

They diddn't get married at City Hall because the writers diddn't want them too, simple as that. I am not sure where this idea is coming from about Sheldon bailing out. I don't think anyone is saying that. Just he proposed out of the blue. IT was a very strong and impuslive response. OF course he wants Amy to be his Life Long Partner. But I just woulden't be surprised if they make Sheldon have cold feet. I know their relationship is very robotic and manufactured. But that is a very human trait, and human thing. Its only natural. Chandler and Monica in Friends, yes another Friends reference. Chandler ran out on his wedding day. So well see. 

Howdette was going to get married at city hall too. The writers just ooze creativity. Showing up intending to get married doesn't mean Sheldon or Amy would. IMO that filler storyline has no effect what will happen in the future. Who knows maybe they can't get married because Amy is already married to Faisel.

Edited by Chrismo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I think when they're married their sex life will be the same as anyone else's. Whatever he says about being a non-believer, he's still conscious of living with Amy out of wedlock. However, if they did decide to stay with the status quo ante  they could still give birth every September, so  a small quiverful is still technically possible. If Sheldon sits down with a calculator he'll see how many they can afford.

I totally disagree with you. if Sheldon had any qualms about "living in sin", he simply wouldn't. IMO he has sex once a year and on special occasions because that is the frequency with which he's comfortable. And based on canon, Amy's  on the North side of 35, so I don't think a large number of biological kids is a possibility.

That being said, it seemed to me that the 15 kids remark by Sheldon was simply to set up the creepy joke about renting Penny's womb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, djsurrey said:

You are free to use your own definitions. As I see it TBBT started off with three primary characters and it was still 3 in season 5.

You mean, of course, Sheldon, Leonard, and Howard, right?    In reality, it's two primary characters, and three supporting (Well five now).   Both Sheldon and Leonard average over 11 minutes  of screen time per episode, over the 10 seasons of the series (I don't have season 11 incorporated yet).    There is only 28 seconds difference in the screen times of Penny, Howard, and Raj, with Howard at 7:59, Penny at 7:39 and Raj at 7:28.  

Even in the first five seasons, Sheldon averages just over 300 minutes of screen time per season, with Leonard averaging just under 300.    No one else even averages 200 over those five seasons.  Howard averages 197 minutes per season, Penny averages 150 minutes per season and Raj averages 187 minutes per season.    So, who is the third primary character?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MsGreentea said:

All I hope for is that the wedding is funny and Sheldon’s serious part of the vows Is short.  As far as Raj goes, I can see why they want to have a character who is single for story  purposes.  It helps that has been normalized a bit.  

I hope Leonard interrupts them, because....karma.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.