Jump to content

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

Was on the WB studio tour today. The sets I could see apart from the normal ones were the comic book store and Howardettes kitchen. Couldn't see anything of the one being painted.  Looking forward to the taping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I hope Leonard interrupts them, because....karma.

I was hoping Leonard in his best man speech reminiscences how Sheldon didn’t understand why the need for someone else because he is so interesting on his own. Since Penny won’t be pregnant maybe Leonard could chug some milk and then throw up during the vows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, pegcarr said:

Was on the WB studio tour today. The sets I could see apart from the normal ones were the comic book store and Howardettes kitchen. Couldn't see anything of the one being painted.  Looking forward to the taping.

Have a terrific time ! Hope it's a really good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, pegcarr said:

Was on the WB studio tour today. The sets I could see apart from the normal ones were the comic book store and Howardettes kitchen. Couldn't see anything of the one being painted.  Looking forward to the taping.

Have an amazing time. Thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pegcarr said:

Was on the WB studio tour today. The sets I could see apart from the normal ones were the comic book store and Howardettes kitchen. Couldn't see anything of the one being painted.  Looking forward to the taping.

Have fun!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

You mean, of course, Sheldon, Leonard, and Howard, right?    In reality, it's two primary characters, and three supporting (Well five now).   Both Sheldon and Leonard average over 11 minutes  of screen time per episode, over the 10 seasons of the series (I don't have season 11 incorporated yet).    There is only 28 seconds difference in the screen times of Penny, Howard, and Raj, with Howard at 7:59, Penny at 7:39 and Raj at 7:28.  

Even in the first five seasons, Sheldon averages just over 300 minutes of screen time per season, with Leonard averaging just under 300.    No one else even averages 200 over those five seasons.  Howard averages 197 minutes per season, Penny averages 150 minutes per season and Raj averages 187 minutes per season.    So, who is the third primary character?

Penny. 

Who was able to get parity in wages with Jim and Jonny first? I believe it was it was Kaley. 

There are just three characters that have corresponding characters in the failed pilot. Leonard, Sheldon and Katie/Penny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Penny. 

So, the person shown the least in the show, it a primary character?   Hmmmmmm, don't think so.  

32 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Who was able to get parity in wages with Jim and Jonny first? I believe it was it was Kaley. 

Pay really doesn't necessarily have anything to do with whether or not the characters are primary or not.   And it wasn't a case of Kaley getting parity, she had that from the beginning, for the same reason as Johnny, simply because of their record in television.   Jim got parity, because of the way the relationship between Leonard and Sheldon was written from the beginning (even pre pilot).   Simon had some minor roles and this was only Kunal's second, and both of them started out on a lower pay scale.   

32 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

There are just three characters that have corresponding characters in the failed pilot. Leonard, Sheldon and Katie/Penny.

Actually, there are only three.   You forgot Althea, she was in both pilots and several other episodes, even into season 10.  Katie and Penny are so different that you can call Gilda, a combination of Howard/Raj. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

So, the person shown the least in the show, it a primary character?   Hmmmmmm, don't think so.  

Pay really doesn't necessarily have anything to do with whether or not the characters are primary or not.   And it wasn't a case of Kaley getting parity, she had that from the beginning, for the same reason as Johnny, simply because of their record in television.   Jim got parity, because of the way the relationship between Leonard and Sheldon was written from the beginning (even pre pilot).   Simon had some minor roles and this was only Kunal's second, and both of them started out on a lower pay scale.   

Actually, there are only three.   You forgot Althea, she was in both pilots and several other episodes, even into season 10.  Katie and Penny are so different that you can call Gilda, a combination of Howard/Raj. 

o_0627.gif.0b4d20abbeeeebbffe27781ec8ff60de.gif

:shy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pegcarr said:

Was on the WB studio tour today. The sets I could see apart from the normal ones were the comic book store and Howardettes kitchen. Couldn't see anything of the one being painted.  Looking forward to the taping.

Thank you and have a wonderful time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pegcarr said:

Was on the WB studio tour today. The sets I could see apart from the normal ones were the comic book store and Howardettes kitchen. Couldn't see anything of the one being painted.  Looking forward to the taping.

Thanks so much for sharing. Have fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

But I just woulden't be surprised if they make Sheldon have cold feet. I

I still don't think this is the way they want to do it. I am more afraid that for some reason Laurie won't be able to make it after all and the writers get the dumbassed idea suddenly to have something bad happen to Mary. As far as I can tell most fans like the way Laurie plays Mary, although, yes, there are some that don't. I'm one that does like her and I would hate it if they did that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I still don't think this is the way they want to do it. I am more afraid that for some reason Laurie won't be able to make it after all and the writers get the dumbassed idea suddenly to have something bad happen to Mary. As far as I can tell most fans like the way Laurie plays Mary, although, yes, there are some that don't. I'm one that does like her and I would hate it if they did that.

I agree! Laurie is perfect as Mary Cooper. I love how she is trying to part her expertise in handling Sheldon to Amy. Maybe Memaw has some doubts concerning Amy, but Mary has none of those doubts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is if Laurie  can’t make it she will be in scenes via the computer (his mom breaks her leg or something).   She can be on like Howard’s mom during the ceremony.  They could certainly film that from NY.  I really do not think they would kill her off.   She talked up her work on TBBT and her daughter on Young Sheldon.  I could also see the wedding being interrupted and moved to Texas - which would make it endless.  Man I hope they find a way to make this funny and incorporate the rest of the cast ( for those of us who do not care about Shamy).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Tensor said:

So, the person shown the least in the show, it a primary character?   Hmmmmmm, don't think so.  

 

I disagree. Primary has nothing to do with screen time. It has more to do with importance. While for example Howard and Raj may have more screen time that doesn't make them more important. I  think most would think Penny is more important than Raj and Howard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I disagree. Primary has nothing to do with screen time. It has more to do with importance. While for example Howard and Raj may have more screen time that doesn't make them more important. I  think most would think Penny is more important than Raj and Howard.

Sorry, importance in the show is open to interpretation.  What’s important to you, isn’t the same as what’s important to that person over there, or indeed what’s important to the writers.  I’d argue, that right now, Amy is more important than Penny (an admission that, as a Lenny, pains me deeply).  Which is why I don’t buy the who makes more than others is more important argument.  The only objective measure is screen time, which shows us there is a top two, and everyone else. 

3 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Yeah, but she still gets a lot of the punchlines.

As does Howard.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I disagree. Primary has nothing to do with screen time. It has more to do with importance. While for example Howard and Raj may have more screen time that doesn't make them more important. I  think most would think Penny is more important than Raj and Howard.

I think Penny is more important than Raj and Howard even with less air time. Penny just brings so much more to the show. But, I still consider Raj and Howard as primary characters. Along with Leonard and Sheldon, they have been in every episode of the show. Penny and the other characters cannot claim that fact. Although penny has been in every episode but two. They were the ones that Kaley was recovering from her broken leg from falling from the horse. In my opinion there are 5 primary characters.  :icon_wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I obviously came to the series (in terms of religiously following it, watching it and talking about it) later than most. But I always considered that Sheldon and Leonard were the most central to the show and most stories revolved around their friendship. Penny, Howard and Raj playing the supportive roles.

Obviously that changed as the series went on and they found significant others. Which is natural of course.

Friendship is still at the very core of the show but has evolved as they have got older.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Sorry, importance in the show is open to interpretation.  What’s important to you, isn’t the same as what’s important to that person over there, or indeed what’s important to the writers.  I’d argue, that right now, Amy is more important than Penny (an admission that, as a Lenny, pains me deeply).  Which is why I don’t buy the who makes more than others is more important argument.  The only objective measure is screen time, which shows us there is a top two, and everyone else. 

I agree, there are different opinions on every subject. People will disagree, but hopefully a fruitful discussion can be had from all involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, chucky said:

 Along with Leonard and Sheldon, they have been in every episode of the show. Penny and the other characters cannot claim that fact. Although penny has been in every episode but two. They were the ones that Kaley was recovering from her broken leg from falling from the horse. In my opinion there are 5 primary characters.  :icon_wink:

She was considered in those shows by the most important measure, she got credited with being in the show, in the opening credits.  If you look at IMDB, she is credited with as many shows as Kunal and Simon.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Tensor said:

She was considered in those shows by the most important measure, she got credited with being in the show, in the opening credits.  If you look at IMDB, she is credited with as many shows as Kunal and Simon.   

She was credited, but was not in them. We had this discussion before. She was credited for being in the cast, that's my thoughts.

I believe the two she was not in was season 4 episodes 5 & 6.

Edited by chucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, chucky said:

She was credited, but was not in them. We had this discussion before. She was credited for being in the cast, that's my thoughts.

The problem is your thoughts don't matter when it comes to credit, contracts and getting paid.  Whether or not you saw her isn't the determining factor.  By guild rules, if she's credited, she's in it and gets paid.   If she isn't credited, she isn't in it, and doesn't get paid.   For instance, she was in "A Million Ways to Die in the West", but she wasn't credited, so, she wasn't in it, for contract, credit, and pay purposes, even though you see her.   Actually appearing in the show isn't the determining factor as to whether you are in a show, if you get credit is the determining factor.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tensor said:

The problem is your thoughts don't matter when it comes to credit, contracts and getting paid.  Whether or not you saw her isn't the determining factor.  By guild rules, if she's credited, she's in it and gets paid.   If she isn't credited, she isn't in it, and doesn't get paid.   For instance, she was in "A Million Ways to Die in the West", but she wasn't credited, so, she wasn't in it, for contract, credit, and pay purposes, even though you see her.   Actually appearing in the show isn't the determining factor as to whether you are in a show, if you get credit is the determining factor.  

We didn't agree before, and we're not now. All I am saying is that she definitely wasn't in them. Whether she was credited or paid for it, I don't care. I'm just saying she wasn't in them. Prove me wrong on whether she was actually seen in the episodes and spoke. Then I will agree with you. Don't give me anything but proof positive that Kaley was in those episodes. I mean actually performing an acting job in those episodes. Paid and credited aside, was she there, period?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think for Emmys an actor submits a reel in a category.  Jim and Johnny obviously think of themselves as leads and the industry agrees as they won or were nominated in that category.  I am sure everyone submits something every year.  Mayim presumably submitted herself and won as supporting.  Kaley and Simon won or were nominated for supporting by the critics.  I don’t know how that is determined but critics opinions are probably close to the industry standard.

Other awards (like people’s choice) probably don’t mean much in terms of categories.  

That said it is hard to argue against Kaley as a lead based both on her salary, her shows, and the fact that half the descriptions of the show on the web still talk about two guys and their neighbor who moves in next door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Sorry, importance in the show is open to interpretation.  What’s important to you, isn’t the same as what’s important to that person over there, or indeed what’s important to the writers.  I’d argue, that right now, Amy is more important than Penny (an admission that, as a Lenny, pains me deeply).  Which is why I don’t buy the who makes more than others is more important argument.  The only objective measure is screen time, which shows us there is a top two, and everyone else. 

As does Howard.  

The definition of primary is: of chief importance. What made Penny more important than Raj and Howard is that she was different, not just by being a woman, than the other 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.