The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

14 minutes ago, chucky said:

After that report, I can't wait to watch it. Sounds like a real nice episode.

That's great, Peg. You remembered a lot, thank you. I'm looking forward to seeing this.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Raj. Oh Raj.

I don't think Raj's love life is a concern to the writers right now. They keep throwing him bones, then taking them away.  :icon_wink:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chucky said:

I don't think Raj's love life is a concern to the writers right now. They keep throwing him bones, then taking them away.  :icon_wink:

His love life and his ability to mess up is just a running joke. 

• Like 5

Thanks so much @pegcarr - what an amazing & detailed taping report. It's much appreciated- hope you had the best time ! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Raj. Oh Raj.

Raj is gonna Raj, no hope for him at all.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pegcarr said:

I did have a great time and would encourage anyone who is thinking of going to go while they still can.

I think I have come away with a greater appreciation of the skills of all the actors. I know it is their job and they are highly paid but coping with the multiple quick changes of script, repeating the scenes, picking up the scene half way through it was great to see.  Also seeing  where they hide their scripts, Johnny in the kitchen and Jim in the fridge, they all seemed to genuinely get on watching them all talk and laugh together but also giving each other space when they were obviously going over lines in their head. But most of all it was fun.

Great taping report @pegcarr ! Looking forward to seeing the episode. Reading your report at 5:30 a.m. I’m literally laughing out loud!

I also love your enthusiasm as in the post I’m quoting. That you enjoyed the experience leaps off the screen and that is a wonderful thing!  Thank you so much for sharing with us. It is appreciated very, very much. You are a rock star!  Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

I think when the show became more relationship driven post 2010. Raj kinda became secondary. He has had the odd partner. But it does not seem a priority for the show at this stage. If ever, for Raj to have a SO. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I think when the show became more relationship driven post 2010. Raj kinda became secondary. He has had the odd partner. But it does not seem a priority for the show at this stage. If ever, for Raj to have a SO. 

I think it would have been better if they had started the endgame relationship for him this season (assuming Season 12 is the last). Instead we may get a rushed relationship, he suddenly meets someone in the final season (which TBH isn't unrealistic, people fall in love or find their perfect match all the time and out of nowhere - but for his character a 12 season journey it would have been nice IMO if they laid the groundwork this season). Or maybe we don't get that and in the final episode with some flash forward scenes at the end you see him married and with children?

I think he will settle down with someone, just maybe not on the show and we see it when we get a glimpse into the future.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I think it would have been better if they had started the endgame relationship for him this season (assuming Season 12 is the last). Instead we may get a rushed relationship, he suddenly meets someone in the final season (which TBH isn't unrealistic, people fall in love or find their perfect match all the time and out of nowhere - but for his character a 12 season journey it would have been nice IMO if they laid the groundwork this season). Or maybe we don't get that and in the final episode with some flash forward scenes at the end you see him married and with children?

I think he will settle down with someone, just maybe not on the show and we see it when we get a glimpse into the future.

I think because how “late in the game” it now is, that if Raj is going to end up with a life partner it will be Emily Sweeney. Either meeting and talking and reconciling at Sheldon & Amy’s wedding or in one of the last episodes. I’m thinking if it’s not her, it won’t be anyone, unless we have a “flash way, way forward”.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Thank you @pegcarr for a wonderful taping report. Thank you for sharing. Hope you had a great time!!!

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I think because how “late in the game” it now is, that if Raj is going to end up with a life partner it will be Emily Sweeney. Either meeting and talking and reconciling at Sheldon & Amy’s wedding or in one of the last episodes. I’m thinking if it’s not her, it won’t be anyone, unless we have a “flash way, way forward”.

He would have to change a lot, I don't see her getting back with him as he hasn't changed at all in regards to interacting with the opposite sex.

I think chances are he also tainted that relationship forever when he was seeing both Emily and Claire at the same time.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Personally, I don't think that Emily is an option. In that one episode, all of Raj's exes have moved on and found their perfect guy. Except for the Indian girl and I don't think that she's an option. So, maybe a new girl will come along, Alex Jensen could return or maybe they explore the Raj/Stuart relationship. It could go either way.

2 minutes ago, Jonny said:

He would have to change a lot, I don't see her getting back with him as he hasn't changed at all in regards to interacting with the opposite sex.

I think chances are he also tainted that relationship forever when he was seeing both Emily and Claire at the same time.

I think his chances of a relationship whatsoever are slim to none if he keeps with this attitude in regards to interacting with the opposite sex!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4
  • Koala Face 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I think his chances of a relationship whatsoever are slim to none if he keeps with this attitude in regards to interacting with the opposite sex!

I concur, Raj needs to grow up in terms of relationships. A relationship is more than just having someone to have sex with. There's the love to just be together, respect for one another and do things your partner wants to do. Lenny, Shamy and Howardette have learned those sometimes painful lessons and have emerged as stronger couples.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1