[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

7 minutes ago, luminous said:

There's still a quite active fandom (as seen on Instagram or fan fiction sites) that says 'the one' for Sheldon is actually Penny. :icon_cheesygrin:

And I guess many of them still hope for the big Shenny twist at the end of the show's run. :icon_wink:

on non TBBT world that may be true. It's the opposites attract idea. Though Lenny is the most unique couple on the show Shamy is not.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

on non TBBT world that may be true. It's the opposites attract idea. Though Lenny is the most unique couple on the show Shamy is not.

Whatever couple you ship you are going to think they are the most unique or appealing, that's why you are a fan of that particular couple more than others.

7 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

There are many here and elsewhere that view the Leonard/Penny relationship as cliche. The beautiful woman with the geek. That Penny has entered a world with friends and a partner completely unlike herself is unique to her and to those friends accepting her, an "outsider".

The uniqueness of Sheldon and Amy is that it is a type of relationship that has not been often shown on television.  They are not unique in that they share many, many interests as opposed to Leonard & Penny who share very little.

Again, what is unique is who they are....(my opinion, of course)

6 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

There are many here and elsewhere that view the Leonard/Penny relationship as cliche. The beautiful woman with the geek. That Penny has entered a world with friends and a partner completely unlike herself is unique to her and to those friends accepting her, an "outsider".

The uniqueness of Sheldon and Amy is that it is a type of relationship that has not been often shown on television.  They are not unique in that they share many, many interests as opposed to Leonard & Penny who share very little.

Again, what is unique is who they are....(my opinion, of course)

The think is the story has gone on for ten years.

16 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Whatever couple you ship you are going to think they are the most unique or appealing, that's why you are a fan of that particular couple more than others.

I'm not sure that's true. The trouble with TBBT as opposed to Friends (though I never did forums) is that the writers here sort of made you pick a shipping side. On Friends they did not.

13 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I'm not sure that's true. The trouble with TBBT as opposed to Friends (though I never did forums) is that the writers here sort of made you pick a shipping side. On Friends they did not.

The whole "shipping' thing is something made up by millennials fans of newer shows. The Writer's and Producers are not making these Shows with the concept of younger fans ans shipping a particular couple.

Friends and did not and do not ship anyone. they may have like one couple better but they did not "ship" anyone.  I once asked on a couple Friends forums who everyone 'shipped" and all the replies were the same: "No One" "No One because I am not a 14-year-old girl" "Only 13-15-Year-old girls would ship a couple"  "That is so middle school Immaturity"  "Only Middle Schoolers were ship a couple. No sane adult would"  "That stupid thing to do and childish" 

There were other comments like that but those were some of them. Friends Fans have never watch the show with the idea of 'shipping' a couple in their mind becue the idea of 'shipping' was really made up by this fandom. I don't see it anywhere else. At least not like on here 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

25 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

The whole "shipping' thing is something made up by millennials fans of newer shows. The Writer's and Producers are not making these Shows with the concept of younger fans ans shipping a particular couple.

Friends and did not and do not ship anyone. they may have like one couple better but they did not "ship" anyone.  I once asked on a couple Friends forums who everyone 'shipped" and all the replies were the same: "No One" "No One because I am not a 14-year-old girl" "Only 13-15-Year-old girls would ship a couple"  "That is so middle school Immaturity"  "Only Middle Schoolers were ship a couple. No sane adult would"  "That stupid thing to do and childish" 

There were other comments like that but those were some of them. Friends Fans have never watch the show with the idea of 'shipping' a couple in their mind becue the idea of 'shipping' was really made up by this fandom. I don't see it anywhere else. At least not like on here 

Oh dear. Do you even know what " shipping" means cause you couldn't be more wrong about the idea that this forum invented it. lmao

2 minutes ago, Jonny said:

The original 'ship'.

original.jpg.b6a97e9a9faf32d7664be0963c3eb8c6.jpg

#iconic

Gotta say, sometimes the debates about old TBBT vs now remind me about the whole shippers vs noromo war. Good times, good times. lol

13 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

No, Here is the original ship:

Shipping in the sense of "rooting for two characters to be together" is probably as old as time but the term "shipping" and the way it is used in fandom was coined by the fandom of The X-Files.

The fans of Kirk/Spock invented "slash" - which is referring to the "/" in the ship name.

1 hour ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Wow, that is the kind of talk that invites rebukes around here (I learned that the year I joined).

3 hours ago, Mario D. said:

This is true. Lenny was the core couple of the show and should have married first but they took so long in developing their relationship that I guess they had to move on with other plots. Now Lenny is sort of relegated to secondary status and maybe once this Shamy wedding is concluded they will generate some meaningful storylines for them.

I don't think that's gonna happen. These writers are too much into shamy.

I shipped

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

The original 'ship'.

original.jpg.b6a97e9a9faf32d7664be0963c3eb8c6.jpg

Original ? I shipped Archie Andrews/ Monica, Ben/ Beebe Lyon, Carol Grey/John Tregorran before I'd even seen a television and Lois Lane/Superman before I owned one.

6 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I shipped

Original ? I shipped Archie Andrews/ Monica, Ben/ Beebe Lyon, Carol Grey/John Tregorran before I'd even seen a television and Lois Lane/Superman before I owned one.

It's about the term. Quoting myself, since you may have missed it:

29 minutes ago, April said:

Shipping in the sense of "rooting for two characters to be together" is probably as old as time but the term "shipping" and the way it is used in fandom was coined by the fandom of The X-Files.

The fans of Kirk/Spock invented "slash" - which is referring to the "/" in the ship name.

ETA: For further reading about fandom history you could have a look here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shipping_(fandom)

Edited by April

I enjoy the couples we have now. But I do "ship" Lenny more. Howardette will be second followed by Shamy. Only reason Shamy is last is due to me feeling that Shamy is being pushed down our throats. It's supposed to be The Big Bang Theory not The Shamy Show. I feel too much Shamy is bad for the show. It's great for the people who ship them, but not everyone else. I feel it's a waste of the talents of the remaining cast members and an undue stress on Jim and Mayim. Just my opinion! 

33 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

So what your saying is were all 14 year old girls? 

UyZke8Y.gif

No I ever said that. Maybe read my post again. That what  Friends Fans on those forums were saying about other people who ship a couple on a show. I actually never made a mention of TBBT.  I was only repeating what they said in my question of what couple they shipped. 

47 minutes ago, April said:

Someone needs to explain that to them then lol

Can I ask you something? Do you 'ship' people in real life? 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

8 minutes ago, chucky said:

I enjoy the couples we have now. But I do "ship" Lenny more. Howardette will be second followed by Shamy. Only reason Shamy is last is due to me feeling that Shamy is being pushed down our throats. It's supposed to be The Big Bang Theory not The Shamy Show. I feel too much Shamy is bad for the show. It's great for the people who ship them, but not everyone else. I feel it's a waste of the talents of the remaining cast members and an undue stress on Jim and Mayim. Just my opinion! 

A better question with one season left (hopefully) is what's left to tell?