[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

5 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

And that's the most important  part of a relationship? And only  one time intentionally hurting Amy? LOL

Not only that but they were use to being alone. Going back would not be a big deal.

Don't forget, they can sit quietly for hours and Sheldon thinks that's magical, as per Amy relating to Penny.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Sah said:

Penny and Leonard...

They are very off and on. Hot and cold...nothing really in common.

Is that grounds for divorce ?

They are faithful to each other. They respect each other. They live together comfortably. Neither makes the other unhappy. They each add something to the other's life. Their parents-in-law like them.

I don't think either would breach the marriage vows of in sickness and in health, better or worse, richer or poorer etc. which they must have said in some form or other, although we didn't hear them. I can't see either of them giving the other grounds to end the marriage. Surely the writers wouldn't dare ?

7 hours ago, chucky said:

Some of the misspelled words are on purpose as my red-neck up bringing comes out on it's own. After all, I am a Bama boy.

I think Alabama is a wonderful state, if it wasent for ya'll Mississippi would be right next door.  :icon_razz:

2 hours ago, April said:

Personally? I find shipping real life people weird.

But in general? Yes, that's a thing, too.

Real life people get introduced to each other because their friends or relations think they would get on well and even make a good match.

Is that shipping ? If it is I expect many of us ship in real life. I've done it and had it done to me. The definition included wanting people to come together.

Penny shipped Howardette and tried to ship Raj with her colleague. Raj and Howard shipped Shamy. 

Two hours until I can see the episode and talk about something more worthwhile than semantics. ...... :)

2 minutes ago, JE7 said:

I think Alabama is a wonderful state, if it wasent for ya'll Mississippi would be right next door.  :icon_razz:

OMG I'm LMAO!  :icon_cheesygrin:   

1 minute ago, joyceraye said:

Real life people get introduced to each other because their friends or relations think they would get on well and even make a good match.

Is that shipping ? If it is I expect many of us ship in real life. I've done it and had it done to me. The definition included wanting people to come together.

Penny shipped Howardette and tried to ship Raj with her colleague. Raj and Howard shipped Shamy. 

Two hours until I can see the episode and talk about something more worthwhile than semantics. ...... :)

About a hour and 11 mins. here.

14 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Georgia? I was born at NAS Brunswick, GA. Raised in T-town, AL. Tuscaloosa to non Alabamians. 

4 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

OK Don't rub it in.

I'm too much of a southern gentleman to do such a thang. :icon_wink:

Edited by chucky

37 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

As Sheldon said himself he didn't see the need for anyone else because he is no interesting himself. (Something like that). Divorce wouldn't be a problem.

To be fair...he said that a long time ago.

CBS press release for episode 11.18

The Gates Excitation” – Penny gets the opportunity to host Bill Gates at work when his company wants to partner with her pharmaceutical company. Also, Leonard, Koothrappali and Wolowitz do everything in their power to meet him, while Sheldon thinks he is the victim of an April Fools prank, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, March 29 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

https://cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/the-big-bang-theory/releases/view?id=49692

4 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I used to think Shipping meant you want to ship apart lol. 

Until I joined this forum I didn't know anything about "relationship shipping". I just thought shipping was the process of mailing out a package. 😁 

Edited by Sah

22 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Unless you write fan fictions about the friends you ''ship'', ignore their feelings for their real life partners, stalk those real life partners on social media, no...it's not the same thing,  LOL!!!  This kind of real life shipping tipically happens for actors that have worked together as a fictional couple and fans hope/want they end up together no matter what. It can get pretty creepy sometimes!

1 hour ago, Sah said:

Intentionally? Once. The Christmas thing. That backfired...

45 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

As Sheldon said himself he didn't see the need for anyone else because he is no interesting himself. (Something like that). Divorce wouldn't be a problem.

6 minutes ago, Sah said:

To be fair...he said that a long time ago.

He said in front of a crowd at a wedding and Amy was there. JMO very embarrassing. Can't call it unintentional. So it been at least twice. Seems to me an ongoing problem

43 minutes ago, chucky said:

Georgia? I was born at NAS Brunswick, GA. Raised in T-town, AL. Tuscaloosa to non Alabamians. 

I'm too much of a southern gentleman to do such a thang. :icon_wink:

Yep west central i can be in Bama in like ten minutes. They film the Walking Dead around my area and Darrell would fit in just fine around here. 

58b0e4a9f61fb239ed9a9fac3cdc08c2a9a15a5f0e381eb622543eb975b63e54.jpg

Edited by JE7
Pure blood redneck, southern bred since 1730

2 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

He said in front of a crowd at a wedding and Amy was there. JMO very embarrassing. Can't call it unintentional. So it been at least twice. Seems to me an ongoing problem

6 years ago...there was no crowd.

And weren't Lenny fighting during their friends ceremony, you know if we are going to cite old stuff,

7 minutes ago, vonmar said:

6 years ago...there was no crowd.

And weren't Lenny fighting during their friends ceremony, you know if we are going to cite old stuff,

Lenny wasn't even part of the discussion. The discussion was about how many times Sheldon intentionally hurt Sheldon. Sah only said once and I disagreed

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

Lenny wasn't even part of the discussion. The discussion was about how many times Sheldon intentionally hurt Sheldon. Sah only said once and I disagreed

But if you are going to use 6 year old examples....never mind.

15 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Yep west central i can be in Bama in like ten minutes. They film the Walking Dead around my area and Darrell would fit in just fine around here. 

58b0e4a9f61fb239ed9a9fac3cdc08c2a9a15a5f0e381eb622543eb975b63e54.jpg

Now adays, I'm just outside P'cola, FL. Only a 4 hour drive to T-town, depending on your speed.  :icon_wink:

4 minutes ago, vonmar said:

But if you are going to use 6 year old examples....never mind.

Discretion is the better part of valor!

42 minutes ago, Sah said:

Until i joined this forum I didnt know anything about "relationship shipping". I just thought shipping was the process of mailing out a package. 😁 

I thought shipping was the trawler fleet and the navy as in The Shipping Forecast that comes on the radio at night. "Humber, Dogger, Bailey, Fisher, German Bight, Irish Sea,Wick." etc.

4 hours ago, legacy99 said:

How about him trying to ruin little house on the prairie for her because he didn't like the way she talked about Indiana Jones

I didn't take that as intentionally hurting. Sheldon only saw that sort of thing as a matter of who won. He wasn't really into empathy. It wasn't until Amy told him that it wasn't necessary to seek revenge all the time that he knew. He didn't understand it would hurt. He was lucky his girlfriend was a neurobiologist.  Not many women would know what Sheldon was doing or put up with it.

Amy isn't a psychologist but she does recognise brain conditions. She's been good for Sheldon's development despite her own issues, whatever they are.

I didn't take that as intentionally hurting. Sheldon only saw that sort of thing as a matter of who won. He wasn't really into empathy. It wasn't until Amy told him that it wasn't necessary to seek revenge all the time that he knew. He didn't understand it would hurt. He was lucky his girlfriend was a neurobiologist.  Not many women would know what Sheldon was doing or put up with it.
Amy isn't a psychologist but she does recognise brain conditions. She's been good for Sheldon's development despite her own issues, whatever they are.
It's probably just me but i can't remember how many times I've heard sheldon doesn't know better. Imo he was trying to hurt her feeling

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

It's probably just me but i can't remember how many times I've heard sheldon doesn't know better. Imo he was trying to hurt her feeling

I doubt it's just you. I can't remember either. Sometimes he's playing on the likelihood the others will see his desires as a manifestation of his disorder and let him have his way. Having his problems doesn't immunise him against being a stubborn, selfish git at times.

The FWF episode about countries that split - that was intended to hurt Amy, I'm sure, because he felt hurt worse than a paper cut. He thought it was going to help make her come back to him. Unbelievably illogical, but then on a bigger scale so are terrorists who think setting off bombs on trains will bring the passengers round to their view. Many of them are highly intelligent too.