[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

6 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Marriage and a family is in the cards and I think she is very content with life with Sheldon.

2 hours ago, veejay said:

"We don’t want the gravity of the show to shift to just being a family sitcom about home life and kids." (S. Holland)
yapbo34x41.gif.4cdba040dc102caabbe9bffabf3b9d77.gif

Maybe not

Edited by Chrismo

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, chucky said:

Has he got a clue as to what direction the show is headed except for Shamy?

Just like NASCAR it's always turning left 

Edited by JE7
Raise your hand if you Get it

5 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Howard mom could have divorced his dad without him being around and cited abandonment 

In the divorce arrangements they would have settled matters about the ownership of the house. Howard's lawyer had to deal with it after his mother died so it looks as though there was no divorce.

We have to face it, except maybe Raj, none of the guys dads were worth a damn. Also with the exception of Amy, the gals dads were at least there and supporting their families. Amy, we don't know because he is hardly mentioned. Maybe we will find out about him at the wedding.

5 hours ago, 2L344 said:

In the coitus episode Sheldon tells Amy he can’t wait until her next birthday so they  could “do it again”. Amy’s reply was “Works for me!”. Since then they have enjoyed sex a few more times with hints at other forms of intimacy they engage in. They did a little role playing involving Harry Potter I believe, and Sheldon initiates sex when Amy leaves for Princeton.

Amy’s a patient person (like you point out, she’s been with Sheldon for a long stretch) and her pursuit of an intimate relationship with Sheldon is complete. She appears satisfied with it and, with talk of baby names and how many kids they each want, is not in the dark about where her relationship is headed. Marriage and a family is in the cards and I think she is very content with life with Sheldon.

I think you are misinterpreting can’t wait for, they just confirmed that they have done it 4 times ina gag a couple of weeks ago. I guess it could be ambiguous but I certainly interpreted like I can’t wait for next Christmas.  Especially with the whole gag about it.

Edited by MsGreentea

2 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

I think you are misinterpreting can’t wait, they just confirmed that they have done it 4 times ina gag a couple of weeks ago. 

If both people are satisfied why is the frequency of physical intimacy a concern? All relationships are different...having sex 4 times a week does not necessarily make it a better relationship then having sex a couple times of year. It depends on the individual couple and if they are happy and getting their emotional and intimacy needs met. Not all acts of intimacy are about the act of sex alone...

29 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

I think you are misinterpreting can’t wait for, they just confirmed that they have done it 4 times ina gag a couple of weeks ago. I guess it could be ambiguous but I certainly interpreted like I can’t wait for next Christmas.  Especially with the whole gag about it.

Nope thats how I interpret it too. And my point I was making is that Amy was good with waiting another year too.

14 minutes ago, Sah said:

If both people are satisfied why is the frequency of physical intimacy a concern? All relationships are different...having sex 4 times a week does not necessarily make it a better relationship then having sex a couple times of year. It depends on the individual couple and if they are happy and getting their emotional and intimacy needs met. Not all acts of intimacy are about the act of sex alone...

Exactly!

2 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Nope thats how I interpret it too. And my point I was making is that Amy was good with waiting another year too.

17 minutes ago, Sah said:

What you have to remember is that Amy is not as experienced as say Penny or Bernadette. So she's probably glad that she's a member of the club so to speak.  So once or twice a year is good right now, as she doesn't want to pressure Sheldon. He may still be a flight risk.  :icon_cheesygrin:

21 minutes ago, chucky said:

What you have to remember is that Amy is not as experienced as say Penny or Bernadette. So she's probably glad that she's a member of the club so to speak.  So once or twice a year is good right now, as she doesn't want to pressure Sheldon. He may still be a flight risk.  :icon_cheesygrin:

5 1/2 years after that joke was first told...no he no longer is.

10 minutes ago, vonmar said:

5 1/2 years after that joke was first told...no he no longer is.

I completely agree...a lot can change in 5 1/2 years. He has come along way. He is in it for the long haul...

1 hour ago, Sah said:

I think there are hints the status quo will change after they're married. Sheldon's told Amy that with his love of rules he's glad that they're legally required to consummate the marriage.This hints to me there'll be a typical married frequency afterwards.

He's  referred to 'living in sin' at least twice. He's also joked about telling his mother they have bunk beds. Speaking of his mother, when he discovered Mary was having a sexual relationship out of wedlock it was the hypocrisy of deviation from Christian behaviour that annoyed him. He didn't show any other concern.

For all he says he's an atheist there's Texan Baptist  in his mores. I'd like to see him and Amy on one of his promised annual visits to Church,especially if there was a hellfire-and-damnation sermon about fornication and adultery and Raj was for some reason with them. :)

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I think there are hints the status quo will change after they're married. Sheldon's told Amy that with his love of rules he's glad that they're legally required to consummate the marriage.This hints to me there'll be a typical married frequency afterwards.

He's  referred to 'living in sin' at least twice. He's also joked about telling his mother they have bunk beds. Speaking of his mother, when he discovered Mary was having a sexual relationship out of wedlock it was the hypocrisy of deviation from Christian behaviour that annoyed him. He didn't show any other concern.

For all he says he's an atheist there's Texan Baptist  in his mores. I'd like to see him and Amy on one of his promised annual visits to Church,especially if there was a hellfire-and-damnation sermon about fornication and adultery and Raj was for some reason with them. :)

Sheldon and Amy have been sleeping in the same bed for years now and they don’t have bunk beds.  What exactly is going to change?  Lust???  Okay they will have sex on  their wedding night - presuming it happens.  

5 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

Sheldon and Amy have been sleeping in the same bed for years now and they don’t have bunk beds.  What exactly is going to change?  Lust???  Okay they will have sex on  their wedding night - presuming it happens.  

Sheldon and Amy moved in together in Season 10  (2016) that is not years. 2016 not that long ago

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

11 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Sheldon and Amy moved in together in Season 10  (2016) that is not years. 2016 not that long ago

Yup. It's about 15 months I'd say, give or take a week or two.

Amy took 'coital expectations' off the agenda for discussion at a later point. The outcome of any discussion remains to be revealed but we can surmise what it is meanwhile. They'll no doubt have 'revisited' the matter and decided what their plans are. 

It looks to me as if they're broadly sticking to the traditions they grew up with. I can't see much changing between now and 12/5/18.

4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Speaking of his mother, when he discovered Mary was having a sexual relationship out of wedlock it was the hypocrisy of deviation from Christian behaviour that annoyed him. He didn't show any other concern.

Apart from STIs.

2 hours ago, MsGreentea said:

Okay they will have sex on their wedding night

While, presumably, their friends and family stand outside their bedroom, cheering as they achieve orgasm. :icon_biggrin: 

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

While, presumably, their friends and family stand outside their bedroom, cheering as they achieve orgasm. :icon_biggrin: 

I wonder what Amy will think of their friends doing that to them?