[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

Yeah, but that was for Bernadette or Penny's wedding. Which one I forget. Will she feel the same for her wedding night. The bigger question is how will Sheldon feel with creepy Howard outside the door?  :icon_wink:

1 minute ago, joyceraye said:

To Leonard.

I thought it was to Penny and Bernadette. :scratchhead:

Edited by chucky

2 minutes ago, chucky said:

Yeah, but that was for Bernadette or Penny's wedding. Which one I forget. Will she feel the same for her wedding night. The bigger question is how will Sheldon feel with creepy Howard outside the door?

It was a wedding of colleagues from the primatology department. I  think she was talking about the old tradition of the-bedding-of- the - bride or some such. It's the sort of thing she knows. She agreed they looked happy and said so they should be because they had a night of 'socially-approved copulation' ahead of them.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

It was a wedding of colleagues from the primatology department. I  think she was talking about the old tradition of the-bedding-of- the - bride or some such. It's the sort of thing she knows. She agreed they looked happy and said so they should be because they had a night of 'socially-approved copulation' ahead of them.

We're talking Sheldon here. He maybe changing, but not that much. Amy may be good with it, but never Sheldon. Especially with Howard at the door.:icon_biggrin:

Edited by chucky
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

To Leonard.

Correct, in The Pulled Groin Extrapolation.

I think that episode is the first one, in which Sheldon showed any interest in Amy being his girlfriend.

29 minutes ago, chucky said:

Nope, definitely to Leonard.

From The Pulled Groin Extrapolation:-

Leonard: I’m sorry. The bride and groom seem happy.

Amy: Why shouldn’t they be? They have a feverish night of socially-approved copulation ahead of them. In some cultures, we’d stand outside of their bedroom cheering as they achieved orgasm.

Leonard: That sounds like a late night, and I have work in the morning, so…

20 minutes ago, chucky said:

We're talking Sheldon here. He maybe changing, but not that much. Amy may be good with it, but never Sheldon. Especially with Howard at the door.:icon_biggrin:

It was a joke, referring to The Pulled Groin Extrapolation.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

16 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

It was a joke, referring to The Pulled Groin Extrapolation.

To you it may have been a joke.Amy never joked with Leonard back then. I remember now, thanks by the way. But Amy was serious back then, about like Sheldon, she meant what she said. Remember, she thought Leonard was tedious. As per what Sheldon has said.

Edited by chucky

23 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

As a child he had no friends, so had nobody, bar his parents, to learn social skills from.

Well.... Young Sheldon is showing us a different reality. Just saying (And I've only watched a handful of episodes)

• Like 4

• Tensor locked this topic

Here's what were going to do.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion about the show, so there is no need to make that point explicitly in a post.  In fact, it's condescending, so stop it.    Whether or not you feel someone doesn't have enough knowledge to make a point, doesn't need to be in a post.  Refute the POINT you believe isn't valid, don't comment on the other poster.  If you feel like leaving the discussion, just leave it, there is no need to announce it.  Snarking comments about whether someone comprehends a point aren't needed either. I may have missed something so the easiest way to think about this is, don't comment on other posters, comment about the show.  

A thanks to April for trying to calm things down.  

• Like 5

• Tensor unlocked this topic
15 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I didn't mean Amy's remark was a joke.

I meant my quoting of it, was my joke

Thank you for the clearing that up for me as I did misunderstand your remarks.

With Sara Gilbert appearing on Johnny's Living Biblically, I've been thinking that it would be fun to see Leslie Winkle resurface for an episode or two. I'd especially be interested in seeing her interact with Amy or Bernadette on something science-related.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Kev0821 said:

With Sara Gilbert appearing on Johnny's Living Biblically, I've been thinking that it would be fun to see Leslie Winkle resurface for an episode or two. I'd especially be interested in seeing her interact with Amy or Bernadette on something science-related.

That would be nice. Leslie and Kripke are the only characters that don't take Sheldon's crap. Penny used to be in that mix til the writers tamed her down.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Oh those 'Two great nations separated by a common language' .  :)

Alright, alright. I do have a 62 year old brain to deal with. It's not as sharp as it once was. That comes fro 20 years of drinking "Navy" Coffee.

49 minutes ago, chucky said:

Alright, alright. I do have a 62 year old brain to deal with. It's not as sharp as it once was. That comes fro 20 years of drinking "Navy" Coffee.

Only 62 ? What a youngster you are. Is 'Navy' coffee anything similar to what we call 'special' coffee, ie do you splice the mainbrace ?

15 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I'll be happy when the show see's back of the Shamy wedding tbh. They have wasted the whole season on it. But that is jmo.

I don't know it will make much difference to the stories we get.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Only 62 ? What a youngster you are. Is 'Navy' coffee anything similar to what we call 'special' coffee, ie do you splice the mainbrace ?

That could be hazardous to your career. But, most of the time when you have a watch between midnight to 4 AM, the coffee is so thick, you need a knife and fork to drink it.  It's so strong, you can peel paint off the bulkhead (wall).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

If you work in the engineroom - you might put salt in your coffee.

43 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

If you work in the engineroom - you might put salt in your coffee.

Is that because you need salt in all that heat and rum would have a deleterious effect and cause dehydration ?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Is that because you need salt in all that heat and rum would have a deleterious effect and cause dehydration ?

That is probably the reason. but to tell the truth the SpruCans have dual jet engines to propel the ship. It's not as hot in the engine room as in older ships. Nuc ships have reactors which are cooler still. For your info SpruCans are Spruance Class Destroyers and Nucs are Nuclear powered ships.

Edited by chucky

7 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I'll be happy when the show see's back of the Shamy wedding tbh. They have wasted the whole season on it. But that is jmo.

It will be interesting to see what the writers will do with the next season, giving it will probably be the last one and all big stories has already been told. I'm guessing we will get quite many filler episodes. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, chucky said:

That could be hazardous to your career. But, most of the time when you have a watch between midnight to 4 AM, the coffee is so thick, you need a knife and fork to drink it.  It's so strong, you can peel paint off the bulkhead (wall).

Lol i remember, if you stir it and the spoon dosent stay upright in the middle of the cup it's to weak..

5 hours ago, chucky said:

That is probably the reason. but to tell the truth the SpruCans have dual jet engines to propel the ship. It's not as hot in the engine room as in older ships. Nuc ships have reactors which are cooler still. For your info SpruCans are Spruance Class Destroyers and Nucs are Nuclear powered ships.

Pleasure yachts, try a patrol on a cutter :fi_lone_ranger:USCGC_Hamilton_(WHEC-715).jpg

Edited by JE7
  • Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic