The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Then how did he remarry and have another family?

Bigamy ? Not married to one of them ? We may never know.

• Like 2

On 3/11/2018 at 4:08 PM, chucky said:

I have to agree, but, from what I am reading on here about George Jr or Sr, leads me to believe YS is not a fair rendition of Sheldon's family while he was growing up.

Or adult Sheldon is not giving an accurate picture of how things were. I can't watch Young Sheldon anymore because the characters are so different from what we have been led to believe from TBBT.

21 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Bigamy ? Not married to one of them ? We may never know.

I think after the divorce Debbie had use of the house for as long as she lived and then Howard was to get it, but the dad had to sign off on it. I've seen that happen twice. There was no indication from the half-brother that he was illegitimate

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
lousy typist
  • Like 2

Just now, Die Zimtzicke said:

Or adult Sheldon is not giving an accurate picture of how things were. I can't wait Young Sheldon anymore because the characters are so different from what we have been led to believe from TBBT.

Exactly what I believe. The cast may be nice and wonderful, but it doesn't ring true.

• Like 1

I only saw a bit of YS. My Mum says she doesent like the actor who plays YS. Cute kid, talented actor. But doesen't think he looks anything like a young Sheldon would. Also although the cast is excellent. I agree Potts is great as young meemaw. I just don't think the characterization is all that consistent with what we have to led to beleive about the characters protrayed through Adult Sheldon on the mothership show. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Or adult Sheldon is not giving an accurate picture of how things were. I can't wait Young Sheldon anymore because the characters are so different from what we have been led to believe from TBBT.

I've watched it from the beginning because I wanted to see how different Sheldon's childhood really was from what he related as a adult. I didn't expect for a minute that adult Sheldon had got it right. I was hoping to hear an adult Sheldon narrating something different from what we saw on the screen but they've not done that yet.

18 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I think after the divorce Debbie had use of the house for as long as she lived and then Howard was to get it, but the dad had to sign off on it. I've seen that happen twice. There was no indication from the half-brother that he was illegitimate

That's an interesting arrangement. It would fit the scenario well.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

But they mess with the TOS timeline.

Yes, I know, they created an alternate time line. I was always a fan of the TNG TV show and never liked TOS TV show, but as far as  movies are concerned, I've preferred the Kirk/Spock ones to the Picard/Riker ones. Nevertheless I get your point.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chucky said:

But, it can't be taken as a separate entity. It's Young Sheldon. A story of his life growing up. It should be accurate.

The life Sheldon has described growing up wouldn't make for a funny show so they changed it. Now it appears like Sheldon exaggerated it all although he may actually believe everything he said he could be simply using it for sympathy and as an excuse for his current behavior.

I believe it is the later. 

Edited by JE7
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, JE7 said:

The life Sheldon has described growing up wouldn't make for a funny show so they changed it. Now it appears like Sheldon exaggerated it all although he may actually believe everything he said he could be simply using it for sympathy and as an excuse for his current behavior.

I believe it is the later. 

I don't think it is that simple given the child like nature of his behavior when he gets stressed. There is something not right with him. Amy has commented on that a few times (even Santa made a comment).

In season one his mommy got his job back for him. 

Perhaps we se the start of what went wrong with him in the most recent YS episode:

We also se the beginning of his dislike of geology.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

I don't think it is that simple given the child like nature of his behavior when he gets stressed. There is something not right with him. Amy has commented on that a few times (even Santa made a comment).

In season one his mommy got his job back for him. 

Perhaps we se the start of what went wrong with him in the most recent YS episode:

We also se the beginning of his dislike of geology.

Perhaps but like said alot of the more darker problems in Sheldons life when he was younger. Now feels exagerrated. 

• Like 5

@JE7, all my best wishes to you! :drinks:

je7.gif.8f6df7f6e2398909e21a7009003a8bde.gif

Wouldn't that be a good opportunity to belt out "Volare"?

:party:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, veejay said:

@JE7, all my best wishes to you! :drinks:

je7.gif.8f6df7f6e2398909e21a7009003a8bde.gif

Wouldn't that be a good opportunity to belt out "Volare"?

:party:

Thanks @veejay

giphy.gif

Edited by JE7
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

From one of my favorite songs from a great movie. 

Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day! I've got a wonderful feeling, everything's going my way.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chucky said:

From one of my favorite songs from a great movie. 

Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day! I've got a wonderful feeling, everything's going my way.

On March 11,1943, a musical opened ina pre-Broadway tryout at the Schubert Theater in New Haven in our beautiful state of Connecticut. It was called “Away We Go!”. Although audiences in New Haven and later Boston were enthusiastic, there was something missing. Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein tinkered withntheir first colaberation adding a “showstopping” musical number called “Oklahoma!” and used the name of that song as the new name for their play. It opened on Broadway later in the month on March 31, 1943.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

On March 11,1943, a musical opened ina pre-Broadway tryout at the Schubert Theater in New Haven in our beautiful state of Connecticut. It was called “Away We Go!”. Although audiences in New Haven and later Boston were enthusiastic, there was something missing. Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein tinkered withntheir first colaberation adding a “showstopping” musical number called “Oklahoma!” and used the name of that song as the new name for their play. It opened on Broadway later in the month on March 31, 1943.

Bingo! Mr. Gordon McCray did a great rendition.

Edited by chucky

One of Gordon’s wives, Sheila, played Alice Kramden on The Honeymooners after Audrey Meadows. Their daughter Meredith was one of the daughters, Billie Jo, on Petticoat Junction.

3 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Their daughter Meredith was one of the daughters, Billie Jo, on Petticoat Junction.

AHHH, she was my first crush. Well actually, all 3 Billy Jo, Bobby Jo and Betty Jo.  :icon_wink:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Billy Jo and Bobby Jo were female?

You bet they were! Part of the CBS networks series of rural themed shows on the mid/late 1960’s and early 1970’s. The Andy Griffith Show, The Beverly Hillbillies , Petticoat Junction, Green Acres )these last two were related as they ocurroin neighboring towns)....The Andy Griffith Show later became Mayberry R.F.D. (RFD stands for Rural Free Delivery, meaning mail delivered directly to farms instead of them needing to pick it up at the Pist Office).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, joyceraye said:

That's an interesting arrangement. It would fit the scenario well.

Or Debbie received the house in the divorce decree but the title was never legally changed.

I wonder sometimes if people who want Howard's dad to be a bigamist just didn't like the half brother or want the dad to look bad. We still do not know exactly why the dad left.

• Like 1

The Pist Office?

Admit it, you are really Officer Crabtree, aren't you? :icon_biggrin: 

ETA: I'm actually quite surprised. that people understand the reference.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Haha 2