[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

3 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Or Debbie received the house in the divorce decree but the title was never legally changed.

I wonder sometimes if people who want Howard's dad to be a bigamist just didn't like the half brother or want the dad to look bad. We still do not know exactly why the dad left.

What is most puzzling to me is why he never saw Howard after that.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Billy Jo and Bobby Jo were female?

You definitely need some Petticoat Junction enlightenment. Billy Jo. Bobby Jo and Betty Jo were three of the hottest women on TV at the time. They were a blonde, brunette and a redhead. The best of all three worlds.

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Billy Jo and Bobby Jo were female?

That's a Southernism. 

You also have Dorothy Jos....etc.

15 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Or Debbie received the house in the divorce decree but the title was never legally changed.

I wonder sometimes if people who want Howard's dad to be a bigamist just didn't like the half brother or want the dad to look bad. We still do not know exactly why the dad left.

I thought the half brother was a character that worked.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

That's a Southernism. 

Betty Jo and her husband Mike had a daughter They named her Something Jo. I can't remember the first part of the name. It wasn't "Something".  :icon_cheesygrin:

8 minutes ago, chucky said:

Betty Jo and her husband Mike had a daughter They named her Something Jo. I can't remember the first part of the name. It wasn't "Something".  :icon_cheesygrin:

So kinda like Leonard's family (including his cat Boots), who are all called Doctor Hofstadter. :icon_biggrin: 

3 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

So kinda like Leonard's family (including his cat Boots), who are all called Doctor Hofstadter. :icon_biggrin: 

Exactly. Funny that he named his dog Mitzy, not Dr Mitzy.   :sarcastichand:

That was Doctor Boots Hofstadter.  :sarcastichand:

Edited by chucky

34 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

The Pist Office?

Admit it, you are really Officer Crabtree, aren't you? :icon_biggrin: 

ETA: I'm actually quite surprised. that people understand the reference.

Sorry. These 61 yr. old thumbs don’t operate on the phone keyboard as well as I like.... 😳

23 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

That's a Southernism. 

Also, their Uncle (mom’s bro) was named Joe.....

1 minute ago, hokie3457 said:

Sorry. These 61 yr. old thumbs don’t operate on the phone keyboard as well as I like.... 😳

Know exactly what you mean. I reread before posting and still make mistakes. Maybe I need new prescription for my glasses as well. :icon_redface:

I feel that in the character of Howard's brother, the show missed a chance to keep the 'geek who likes gaming, etc. who has a problem with girls' meme could have kept going.

I understand that that is part of the appeal of the early years for many of us.  But, for me, seeing guys in their late 30s/early 40s in that situation would be depressing, so, the show could have kept that meme alive through Howard's brother and the occasional graduate assistant, for example.  

It's interesting that these guys work at a university, but have no superiors other than the dean, and they have no graduate assistants or undergraduate lab techs.  That's not an authentic depiction of how universities work at all.  This isn't a documentary, but seeing some occasional cameos from lab assistants or grad assistants would have been a means to keep the geek thing going.

1 hour ago, Capt. Hilts said:

I feel that in the character of Howard's brother, the show missed a chance to keep the 'geek who likes gaming, etc. who has a problem with girls' meme could have kept going.

I understand that that is part of the appeal of the early years for many of us.  But, for me, seeing guys in their late 30s/early 40s in that situation would be depressing, so, the show could have kept that meme alive through Howard's brother and the occasional graduate assistant, for example.  

It's interesting that these guys work at a university, but have no superiors other than the dean, and they have no graduate assistants or undergraduate lab techs.  That's not an authentic depiction of how universities work at all.  This isn't a documentary, but seeing some occasional cameos from lab assistants or grad assistants would have been a means to keep the geek thing going.

You have to remember, no student wanted to take Sheldon's class. He has a bad reputation. He had Alex for a while, but Leonard or Raj never did and that is strange. Their immediate supervisor would be the Dean of Physics followed by the University President. So basically I do agree with you.

3 hours ago, chucky said:

You have to remember, no student wanted to take Sheldon's class. He has a bad reputation. He had Alex for a while, but Leonard or Raj never did and that is strange. Their immediate supervisor would be the Dean of Physics followed by the University President. So basically I do agree with you.

It's not about teaching. They would have students working with them, like Leonard expected Kripke to have. Also, I don't know how it works there but here many would work in some senior researcher's lab or are that senior researcher. Those in the lab may have others who work with them, like MA or BA students working with Phd or MA students leading the project. 

I'm in a Phd's lab. It's a small lab, not many BA students yet but I do have a more prominent part in the research I work on with another MA students who is in the first year of her studies (if things go as planned and I keep working on it as a Phd student I may have MA/BA students working with me on the project I'm leading). In my BA I worked in projects led by a post doctoral student in a professor's lab. 

Edited by bfm

3 hours ago, chucky said:

Barry ad Leonard did reference 'grad students' this week. Barry has them round him judged by his letter from HR.

32 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

In that case, the degree was honorary. :icon_biggrin: 

I do believe that is what Leonard told Alex.

35 minutes ago, bfm said:

It's not about teaching. They would have students working with them, like Leonard expected Kripke to have. Also, I don't know how it works there but here many would work in some senior researcher's lab or are that senior researcher. Those in the lab may have others who work with them, like MA or BA students working with Phd or MA students leading the project. 

I'm in a Phd's lab. It's a small lab, not many BA students yet but I do have a more prominent part in the research I work on with another MA students who is in the first year of her studies (if things go as planned and I keep working on it as a Phd student I may have MA/BA students working with me on the project I'm leading). In my BA I worked in projects led by a post doctoral student in a professor's lab. 

Maybe they do have grad students working for them. TPTB probably don't think it's important enough for being mentioned or shown. I mean nowadays all we see is the guys eating in the cafeteria or Sheldon in his office. Anything else isn't  important anymore.

Edited by chucky

13 minutes ago, chucky said:

I do believe that is what Leonard told Alex.

Maybe they do have grad students working for them. TPTB probably don't think it's important enough for being mentioned or shown. I mean nowadays all we see is the guys eating in the cafeteria or Sheldon in his office. Anything else isn't  important anymore.

You missed the scenes in Amy's lab?

The Dept. of Defense lab they shared?

At Howard and Bernadettes?

At the Planetarium? 

At the Comic Book Store?

Wow!

We learned on last Thursday's episode that Kripke had grad students. In 11 years that's the first that was mentioned. If Kripke has grad students, then the guys probably do as well. It's just not important enough for you know who. Besides Alex was supposedly Sheldon's grad student ass't.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

You missed the scenes in Amy's lab?

The Dept. of Defense lab they shared?

At Howard and Bernadettes?

At the Planetarium? 

At the Comic Book Store?

Wow!

I was discussing the guys at the university and their having or not having grad students. Amy's lab is Amy's lab, not a place for the guys grad students to be.

21 hours ago, chucky said:

Exactly what I believe. The cast may be nice and wonderful, but it doesn't ring true.

Not at all.

On 3/11/2018 at 4:18 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't watch Young Sheldon, for the same reason I don't watch the Chris Pine/Zachary Quinto Star Trek movies.

I can watch those but to be fair, the Star Trek cast didn't talk about their past and childhoods that much. Sheldon did.

7 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

I totally agree.

Living Biblically > The Big Bang Theory

tenor.gif?itemid=4929747

3 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I totally agree.

What happened to Gablehauser? He is or was, the head of the Physics department. But i don't think we have seen or heard from him since maybe the 3rd season? He was often Sheldons supeior. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by 3ku11