The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Just now, April said:

First of all, it depends on the person. Not everybody wants a big party like Sheldon.

Second, it depends on how well your wishes are known to the person who organises the whole shebang. It sounds like the girls came up with an idea that seems tailored to Amy but she actually wanted a more classic "wild night of poor decision making".

Sounds like believable reasons why neither really ends up with a big typical party.

Agreed, I don't know what Amy wanted. Apparently Sheldon is happy with what he got. Nothing big or outrageous. Amy wanted to drink in a bar. I have no problem with that.  :icon_wink:

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, chucky said:

So, no Will or Stuart? The number of attendees depends on the person. This is Sheldon, not too many friends has he. Besides, he had a large amount of guests at his birthday party. :icon_biggrin:

Stuart would be baby-sitting so Howard could come and Bernadette could go with Amy. Over here there'd be all his pals and workmates, not to mention his brother and brother-in-law and possibly a cousin or three. Distance wouldn't be an issue because the chances are they'd all go to another city, possibly abroad. Not wanting a party would not be relevant. He'd be reminded it was a non-optional social convention.

Why only two pals for Amy ? I'd have thought she'd want to bring every female in her inner and outer circles for miles around.

3 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Stuart would be baby-sitting so Howard could come and Bernadette could go with Amy. Over here there'd be all his pals and workmates, not to mention his brother and brother-in-law and possibly a cousin or three. Distance wouldn't be an issue because the chances are they'd all go to another city, possibly abroad. Not wanting a party would not be relevant. He'd be reminded it was a non-optional social convention.

Why only two pals for Amy ? I'd have thought she'd want to bring every female in her inner and outer circles for miles around.

Wait a minute, I thought Penny and Bernadette was her every female in her circles. Also giving Sheldon what he wanted is better than hearing him moan and groan and bellyache about the party.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mirs1 said:

I'm glad none of the "parties", not sure we can call Sheldon's one a party, was full of characters, those episodes (Sheldon's birthday, for example) usually turn out to be very disappointing, as no one gets to say more than 3 lines and all you have are very quick and uninteresting scenes. 

Couldn't have said it better.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I'm glad none of the "parties", not sure we can call Sheldon's one a party, was full of characters, those episodes (Sheldon's birthday, for example) usually turn out to be very disappointing, as no one gets to say more than 3 lines and all you have are very quick and uninteresting scenes. 

Good points. I'd thought it might be a way of getting the relatives shown without crowding them all in one wedding episode.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Good points. I'd thought it might be a way of getting the relatives shown without crowding them all in one wedding episode.

I mean look what we got at Sheldon's "Happy Birthday" party. Krepke hitting on Beverly, Leslie a total ass, a drunk Adam West and last but not least, Sheldon running to either the bathroom or his bedroom because he couldn't handle that many people at one time. Amy and the gang should have known his phobias by then. Especially Leonard should have known that was a bad idea.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I'm hoping to hear Sheldon say he's glad he's chosen the path he's on now and is happy he isn't going to end up a hermit or a recluse. Or at least that a life of solitude would be only his second choice now.

Edited by joyceraye
inserting word for emphasis or clarification.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I'm hoping to hear Sheldon say he's glad he's chosen the path he's on now and is happy he isn't going to end up a hermit or a recluse. Or at least that a life of solitude would be his second choice now.

Honestly, do you really think Sheldon Cooper would say that? He would think that was implied and obvious by his seemingly way of proceeding down that path.       :sarcastichand:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chucky said:

Honestly, do you really think Sheldon Cooper would say that? He would think that was implied and obvious by his seemingly way of proceeding down that path.       :sarcastichand:

I think that was the point of taking him to the reclusive physicist. The writers must be wanting to bring that home. We shall find out later.

• Like 3

Just now, joyceraye said:

I think that was the point of taking him to the reclusive physicist. The writers must be wanting to bring that home. We shall find out later.

Oooookay dokay! You have more faith in the writers than I do. They're not looking to bring anything home. They're looking for funny.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chucky said:

Oooookay dokay! You have more faith in the writers than I do. They're not looking to bring anything home. They're looking for funny.

Perhaps he'll say it in a funny way. Or perhaps just frame his facial features to show his feelings. He might say it to Amy to give us a tender aaaahh moment but she'll be in a drunken stupor and not hear it.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Perhaps he'll say it in a funny way. Or perhaps just frame his facial features to show his feelings. He might say it to Amy to give us a tender aaaahh moment but she'll be in a drunken stupor and not hear it.

Let's hope Sheldon reacts that way and Amy can hear it even in her drunken stupor. :icon_neutral:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chucky said:

Let's hope Sheldon reacts that way and Amy can hear it even in her drunken stupor. :icon_neutral:

I think @joyceraye's scenarios are very plausible. I certainly don't trust the writers with Lenny but they love sweet Shamy moments like that.

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I'd have thought she'd want to bring every female in her inner and outer circles for miles around.

She did :fi_lone_ranger:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Bit about Sheldon is interesting. Of course theirs always been references to his former life. Where he was hyper focused, isolated, and all about his work. So a Rexamining of his previous life. And where he is headed is far better. Could be a final goodbye to the old Sheldon.

I hope so. Sounds like it could be decent.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bfm said:

I think @joyceraye's scenarios are very plausible. I certainly don't trust the writers with Lenny but they love sweet Shamy moments like that.

Oh my god, you're right. The writers seem to for got that Lenny exists. I do like  that they let them go eat somewhere other than The Cheesecake Factory or take out at home with picky Sheldon. The only problem is as usual when they are alone, either Sheldon, Amy or both has to interfere with their plans.

Just now, Die Zimtzicke said:

I hope so. Sounds like it could be decent.

Knowing Sheldon, he will be jealous and want that life as well.  :icon_wink:

• Haha 1

@RJ1013

Thank you for taking the time to share. Looking forward to whatever you'll add tomorrow!

The Sheldon plot sounds very interesting but tbh I expected the bachelor party in 11.22 or 11.23.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Judith said:

@RJ1013

Thank you for taking the time to share. Looking forward to whatever you'll add tomorrow!

The Sheldon plot sounds very interesting but tbh I expected the bachelor party in 11.22 or 11.23.

To me it sounds very Sheldonish. Interesting to him. Can't wait to see the guys mannerisms and rections.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JE7 said:

She did :fi_lone_ranger:

Nah. P and P are the hub but there is a circle : there are the women whose weddings she went to for a start. Then there are women at work; women at her Chaucer evenings and her craft clubs; women in the orchestra or whatever group she plays in; her cousins; Sheldon's sister and current sister-in-law; Mrs Petrescu  etc.

17 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Nah. P and P are the hub but there is a circle : there are the women whose weddings she went to for a start. Then there are women at work; women at her Chaucer evenings and her craft clubs; women in the orchestra or whatever group she plays in; her cousins; Sheldon's sister and current sister-in-law; Mrs Petrescu  etc.

...and don't forget a bunch of (female?) writers. :shy:

• Like 2

On 3/11/2018 at 5:22 PM, chucky said:

I watch it not myself. I base my opinion on what Sheldon has said over the years. He has said that George Jr was not nice to him and thats putting it lightly. Being told he's not that bad on Y S seems to contradict what Sheldon has said.

On 3/11/2018 at 5:27 PM, chucky said:

But, it can't be taken as a separate entity. It's Young Sheldon. A story of his life growing up. It should be accurate.

Have you ever gone back to a childhood home  and think "these rooms are smaller than I remember", or realize that someone who you thought was mean to you when you were small really wasn't? TBBT Sheldon's memories are tainted by his PERSPECTIVE (not memories, because he has an eidetic memory). To a young Sheldon, George Jr was mean to him. His father was a drunken cheater and MeeMaw was perfect. That's how HE perceives it. Not necessarily how it happened.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Koala Face 1

7 hours ago, RJ1013 said:

Short summary:

”The Reclusive Potential”

Penny and Bernadette surprise Amy with a quilting bee bachelorette party, complete with tea to drink. When they discover it’s not the wild night of poor decision making that Amy had wanted, they take her to a bar.

The guys accompany Sheldon to visit Dr. Walcott, an unusual, reclusive man who lives in a cabin in the woods. Alone, hyper-focused on his work, and kinda crazy, he has done some work that will help Sheldon in his string theory efforts. Not a bachelor party in any typical sense (Sheldon didn’t want one), meeting Dr. Wolcott nevertheless provides one last look at a life Sheldon might’ve once thought ideal.

This is a funny and sweet episode, IMO, and I don’t think the short summary really conveys that, so I’ll try to write out something better tomorrow.

Thank you so much for this ! I really appreciate it, hope you had an amazing time :) 

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

Have you ever gone back to a childhood home  and think "these rooms are smaller than I remember", or realize that someone who you thought was mean to you when you were small really wasn't? TBBT Sheldon's memories are tainted by his PERSPECTIVE (not memories, because he has an eidetic memory). To a young Sheldon, George Jr was mean to him. His father was a drunken cheater and MeeMaw was perfect. That's how HE perceives it. Not necessarily how it happened.

Well, I guess Mary's views of George Jr and Sr are wrong as well.To each their own!

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, RJ1013 said:

Short summary:

”The Reclusive Potential”

Penny and Bernadette surprise Amy with a quilting bee bachelorette party, complete with tea to drink. When they discover it’s not the wild night of poor decision making that Amy had wanted, they take her to a bar.

The guys accompany Sheldon to visit Dr. Walcott, an unusual, reclusive man who lives in a cabin in the woods. Alone, hyper-focused on his work, and kinda crazy, he has done some work that will help Sheldon in his string theory efforts. Not a bachelor party in any typical sense (Sheldon didn’t want one), meeting Dr. Wolcott nevertheless provides one last look at a life Sheldon might’ve once thought ideal.

This is a funny and sweet episode, IMO, and I don’t think the short summary really conveys that, so I’ll try to write out something better tomorrow.

Thank you so much @RJ1013 .  It sounds like you had an enjoyable episode to attend! 

• Like 5