The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

35 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

Have you ever gone back to a childhood home  and think "these rooms are smaller than I remember", or realize that someone who you thought was mean to you when you were small really wasn't? TBBT Sheldon's memories are tainted by his PERSPECTIVE (not memories, because he has an eidetic memory). To a young Sheldon, George Jr was mean to him. His father was a drunken cheater and MeeMaw was perfect. That's how HE perceives it. Not necessarily how it happened.

Absolutely ! A relative I thought was years older - and a bully  - I put in hospital when I was two and a half by hitting her over the head with a spade. It was hers. Serve her right for jumping on my efforts when we were supposed to be building a sandcastle. Why should I have had a wooden spade when she, the naughty girl, had a metal blade on hers ? Whenever we met, until she emigrated with her parents when I was five or six, she struck me as a raving nutter, a  noisy, spoiled,over-confident brat whose parents always made excuses for her and never told her off.

It was not until we were both grown up, older than adult Sheldon, even, that I discovered she remembered her own childhood very differently.   I have not told her of my perception. I found out she was only months older than me, had a considerably lower IQ and academic ability, and judged by old photos, no bigger. She reported having been nervous and shy. She,unlike me, was delighted to move to a place where there was only one language at school and no male teachers. That, she said, was because she was a quiet person !!!!  I'm still now only half-convinced there isn't a mutual cousin somewhere with the same name as her.

YS is the story of many of us, I suspect, who remember life and people differently from how they were. As YS gets older, he'll be more aware of what's going on. He is yet to encounter Spock and his logical world. His father is still a teacher, not yet turned to booze and other women.  His parents still get on. There are changes ahead. 

44 minutes ago, chucky said:

Well, I guess Mary's views of George Jr and Sr are wrong as well.To each their own!

They're probably later ones. There's another five years for George Senior to ruin things.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Absolutely ! A relative I thought was years older - and a bully  - I put in hospital when I was two and a half by hitting her over the head with a spade. It was hers. Serve her right for jumping on my efforts when we were supposed to be building a sandcastle. Why should I have had a wooden spade when she, the naughty girl, had a metal blade on hers ? Whenever we met, until she emigrated with her parents when I was five or six, she struck me as a raving nutter, a  noisy, spoiled,over-confident brat whose parents always made excuses for her and never told her off.

It was not until we were both grown up, older than adult Sheldon, even, that I discovered she remembered her own childhood very differently.   I have not told her of my perception. I found out she was only months older than me, had a considerably lower IQ and academic ability, and judged by old photos, no bigger. She reported having been nervous and shy. She,unlike me, was delighted to move to a place where there was only one language at school and no male teachers. That, she said, was because she was a quiet person !!!!  I'm still now only half-convinced there isn't a mutual cousin somewhere with the same name as her.

YS is the story of many of us, I suspect, who remember life and people differently from how they were. As YS gets older, he'll be more aware of what's going on. He is yet to encounter Spock and his logical world. His father is still a teacher, not yet turned to booze and other women.  His parents still get on. There are changes ahead. 

They're probably later ones. There's another five years for George Senior to ruin things.

Later or older doesn't matter. George Jr was still an ass and bully to his younger brother. George Sr was still a drunken adulterer. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RJ1013 said:

Here’s the long summary.

Thanks a ton for writing this all down! Loving the sound of this episode - can't wait to see it! <3

• Like 8

@RJ1013 thanks so much for the extend report. It seems so sweet and funny, can not wait to watch it!

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 5

@RJ1013  Thank you so much for all the info!  I love the sound of this.  The girls being such a good friend to Amy!  And the guys.....really being there for Sheldon.  This sounds like a great “friendship” episode. 

• Like 8

Thank you so much, @RJ1013, for taking the time to write down this detailed report. Sounds like a wonderful episode and I can't wait to watch it! 

• Like 7

Thanks so much @RJ1013 for the Taping report, it is greatly appreciated. Again I hope you had a great time! :) 

Wow this episode sounds amazing and definitely something I am going to enjoy! :)

Thanks again! :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RJ1013 said:

Here’s the long summary. If you prefer lots of surprises, obviously skip this. 

Plenty of stuff is missing and/or may be mixed up. Some things are hard to describe, like Dr. Wolcott’s oddities and Amy’s reactions/physical comedy, so you’ll just have to wait and see on those aspects. I’ll post my own opinions and try to answer any questions anyone has sometime later, since I don’t have time now.

“The Reclusive Potential”

Main cast in 4A:

Sheldon receives a letter from Dr. Wolcott, a fellow scientist whose work he is interested in since it may be vital to his string theory research. Wolcott is someone the guys are all aware of, and he has a reputation for being very weird. Amy wants Leonard to keep an eye on Sheldon so that he doesn’t have to go alone to meet the creepy man in his secluded cabin in the forest, and she can’t do so herself due to her scheduled bachelorette party weekend. Penny (possibly Bernadette?) wants Wolowitz to go and keep an eye on Leonard. Raj assumes he’ll be asked to keep an eye on Howard and the ladies quickly agree since they know he’ll otherwise insist on coming to the bachelorette party.

Sheldon and Amy in bed 4B:

Sheldon is concerned about Amy and her upcoming party. She does think things might get a bit wild, since it is Penny who has planned it. He reminds Amy to use protection. She’s not sure exactly what it is that he thinks she’ll be doing. He just wants her to be careful, and if they’re outside, he knows how easily her skin burns in the sun. Amy hugs him and thinks it’s sweet that he’s worried.

All 4 guys in Leonard’s car:

There’s some more discussion of Dr. Wolcott. Then Wolowitz (or Raj?) jokes that it’s going to be a weird bachelor party. Leonard tells them that Sheldon insisted on not having a bachelor party, and Sheldon explains that the traditional hedonistic aspects of such parties do not appeal to him.

The girls going into 4A:

Penny and Bernadette guide a blindfolded Amy into 4A and reveal the apartment filled with quilting supplies/sewing machine and tea to drink. Amy tries to act pleased/excited. Though it’s kind of obvious that she isn’t, the girls don’t seem to notice.

The guys at Dr. Wolcott’s cabin:

Wolcott is a suspicious man who lives alone and is solely focused on his theories. He is constantly worried that someone will try to steal his work. After opening his numerous door locks and questioning the presence of the other 3 guys, he lets them in and collects their phones. He shows them some notebooks with his work, which are written backwards and have the letters and numbers inverted.  Sheldon thinks the guy is great.

The girls in 4A: 

Amy is sewing a quilt piece on the sewing machine while Bernadette and Penny are having tea on the couch. After a short while, Amy stands up and says ‘what the hell?’ She seems hurt and asks the girls if they really think that she is this boring. They decide to take her out to a bar so that she can have the wild night of poor decision making that she was expecting. Bernadette recommends body shots off of hot guys’ chests. Amy is enthused.

The girls at the bar:

Amy asks what body shots actually are. When Penny explains it’s like taking a shot out of a guy’s belly button, Amy finds the idea unappealing. 

Cut to 12 minutes later at the bar:

Amy is passed out slumped over in her seat with her face smooshed against the bar. Bernadette wonders if they should carry her home already. Penny decides they should stay and finish their drinks and food.

The guys at Dr. Wolcott’s cabin:

They are all impressed with Wolcott’s work and the extent of his productivity. Once again, someone makes a comment about Sheldon’s odd bachelor party, and when the topic of marriage comes up, Dr. Wolcott explains that he is also married. The guys ask if she is there, if she is alive, and if she is visible to other people. He explains that she lives in Munich and they have a long distance relationship. They send birthday cards once a year and otherwise focus entirely on their work. He recommends cutting out all outside distractions to Sheldon if he wants to succeed at his work. Intrigued, Sheldon says he had never considered a long distance marriage.

Wolcott suggests dinner, either rabbit or squirrel, and asks if they can tell the difference. He leaves to go hunting. Once he’s gone, Leonard asks/tells Sheldon that he’s not really considering any of that, right? Sheldon says no, he is not, and sounds a bit surprised at his own quick and certain answer. Howard says that it makes sense because Sheldon has friends, a fiancée, a full life. Sheldon agrees with Wolowitz and says he’s ready to go home. He misses Amy and sees no reason to further tempt himself with some strange man’s alluring math. (2nd take, he misses Amy and his phone). Also, he is from Texas and can definitely tell the difference between rabbit and squirrel. 

The girls back to 4A:

Amy startles awake from where she is passed out on the couch. She guesses what must’ve happened and says that she is ‘so lame’ for passing out at her own bachelorette party. The girls claim that Amy did a bunch of wild stuff first, and make up some stories about it, one of which involves her Riverdancing on the bar countertop. Amy seems embarrassed, yet pleased, and she believes them even though she doesn’t think she knows how to Riverdance. Still embarrassed, she asks about pictures, and they assure her they wouldn’t do that to her. She says they are good friends.

Cut to a slideshow of pictures: passed out Amy at the bar, in the car, and on the couch with Penny and Bernadette posing with her.

Back at the cabin:

Dr. Wolcott discovers the guys have left. Then he wonders if they were ever there at all. Then he wonders if they are actually on their way over now, and decides to tidy up.  It’s a train of thought that matches with his multiple time dimensions theory.

Tag, Sheldon and Amy in 4B:

Hungover Amy is buttering her toast when Sheldon comes in. He walks over to say hello and kisses her cheek. She asks about his trip, and he tells her it was of great help for his work. Then he asks her if she will still love him if she finds out that he isn’t the work-obsessed, hyper-focused genius that she thought he was. She says that she will, then asks if he will still love her if she’s not the straight-laced, buttoned-down quilting woman that he thinks she is. What if she’s really a Riverdancing wild woman? He agrees that he will love her anyway. They share a kiss. Then Sheldon asks if she even knows how to Riverdance. Amy gets up, they exchange weird flirty looks, and she demonstrates her Riverdance. Looking very interested, Sheldon insists that she not do that for any other man, and Amy looks proud of herself. 

-I can’t remember if the 2 Shamy kisses in the tag were in the first take because I was laughing  so much at Amy’s Riverdance. I know that what’s above is accurate for at least the second take.

Thank you :)

• Like 5

Thank you so much @RJ1013 for the TR....it sounds like a great episode and I'm really looking forward to seeing it!!:)

• Like 4

Thanks for the generous detailed report @RJ1013!

Sounds nice, though somewhat too Shamy-centric for me.

• Like 3

Just now, bfm said:

Thanks for the generous detailed report @RJ1013!

Sounds nice, though somewhat too Shamy-centric for me.

It's the sign of the times.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, chucky said:

Yes, a sign of good things to come.

Thanks again, @RJ1013. You're a rockstar! If you have the time and feel like answering, can you comment on James Maslow's appearance? He posted a photo with the ladies at the bar.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chucky said:

A sign all this a-courtin' stuff will soon be over.

2 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

A sign all this a-courtin' stuff will soon be over.

It's the sign of the writers disrespecting Lenny by giving them insignificant things to say. All they can do is give facial mannerisms of disbelief.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, veejay said:

^^^
I’m at least delighted to see our "Girl Sprouts" in action again. :icon_cheesygrin:

g_107.gif.24a71df16a58d825432d5e8a68a15bf5.gif

I  suppose Bernadette is back on the stout. Do they serve it in maternity departments in the US ? Here they bring the Guinness round three times a day.