Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Hulk Hogan's real name was Terry. Both of those could be girl's names now.

I thought Terry for a girl was spelt Teri?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stephen Hawking said:

I thought Terry for a girl was spelt Teri?

I've seen it done both ways with my female friends over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

You could go on forever with celebrities who changed their names.

Stewart Granger's real name was James Stewart, but he had to change it, because there already was an actor called James Stewart.

3 minutes ago, chucky said:

I've seen it done both ways with my female friends over the years.

To quote Frankie Howard:-

oo err missus :icon_biggrin: 

14 minutes ago, Jonny said:

The fear for example of having a child that might be like him and having to deal with the social issues he has faced

Or worse, if he winds up with a toddler who doesn’t know if he should use an integral or a differential to solve the area under a curve. :icon_biggrin:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Stewart Granger's real name was James Stewart, but he had to change it, because there already was an actor called James Stewart.

To quote Frankie Howard:-

oo err missus :icon_biggrin: 

Or worse, if he winds up with a toddler who doesn’t know if he should use an integral or a differential to solve the area under a curve. :icon_biggrin:

If you're talking about Sheldon, I think his greatest fear is his child (ren) would be like Missy or George Jr, dumber than a box of rocks (his words, not mine).:sarcastichand:

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chucky said:

I think Holland was speaking to hear himself talk. Besides, he's not gonna let anything out of the bag. He just might want there to be a surprise or two.

Even the actors don't want another baby on set...they have all said as much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sah said:

Even the actors don't want another baby on set...they have all said as much.

There's a difference between having a baby on set and just having a baby. There hasn't been a baby on set yet and Bernadette supposedly had two already. Your response is moot.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Holland is probably being honest and he and the writers are not very excited to be writing about even more babies.  Honestly I wish they had not written in the second baby - and would much rather have had a pregnant Penny.  I think a pregnancy toward the end of the series is still a possibility.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

I think Holland is probably being honest and he and the writers are not very excited to be writing about even more babies.  Honestly I wish they had not written in the second baby - and would much rather have had a pregnant Penny.  I think a pregnancy toward the end of the series is still a possibility.  

Would have been better way to go...

I honestly think none of the cast or the show runner or the writers would enjoy a third pregnancy story in row. My guess is you might get a pregnancy reveal the very last episode of the show. As a viewer, I am tired of the pregnancy stuff. I would say this for any couple on the show. Please no more babies...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sah said:

Would have been better way to go...

I honestly think none of the cast or the show runner or the writers would enjoy a third pregnancy story in row. My guess is you might get a pregnancy reveal the very last episode of the show. As a viewer, I am tired of the pregnancy stuff. I would say this for any couple on the show. Please no more babies...

I believe that we Lenny's would love to have our smart and beautiful babies.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chucky said:

I believe that we Lenny's would love to have our smart and beautiful babies.

You will...you may just never see them...may have to happen off screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chucky said:

We can always hope!

Like everything else non Shamy related.

I believe the complaints were that it was Howardette having a second child so soon. Hey, maybe we can have a "Dallas" redo with Howard waking up and realizing the second pregnancy was just a dream.  :sarcastichand:

I'm guessing this could be the series finale, Leonard wakes up and realize that all has just been a dream. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sah said:

You will...you may just never see them...may have to happen off screen.

We haven't seen the Wolowitz's kids either.

2 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

I'm guessing this could be the series finale, Leonard wakes up and realize that all has just been a dream. 

I think I read a fan fiction story about that happening. :icon_cheesygrin:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jonny said:

With all that foreshadowing this season especially with comments it shouldn't be a surprise if they change their mind and do it.

Holland says we have had 2 seasons of pregnancy storylines or developments but its's actually 3, considering the first starting pregnancy became known and started having an impact in Season 9. So if we get another pregnancy storyline it would mean 4 seasons in a row of it, perhaps that would be overkill?

It makes sense from a character standpoint of where their lives are that more of them having children is a possibility, so if they decide to then that's fine I can buy into it. I can't see myself becoming too invested in it and I think they will have difficulty trying to create some different sitcom storylines or themes for it a third time.

I'll probably get flamed for it (putting my fire resistant suit on) but I think a Sheldon dealing with fatherhood is a more interesting storyline because of his character and having to deal with the prospect of fatherhood. The fear for example of having a child that might be like him and having to deal with the social issues he has faced (he has become more aware of his issues over the years) would make for a really interesting story.

But I am taking Holland's word for it, no more babies in the near future :)

I have said this all the time that there is much more likely that we will have Shamy babies on the show than Lenny babies. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

I think Holland is probably being honest and he and the writers are not very excited to be writing about even more babies.  Honestly I wish they had not written in the second baby - and would much rather have had a pregnant Penny.  I think a pregnancy toward the end of the series is still a possibility.  

Most likely we will see a flash forward in one of the last episodes of the show, like they did in the Harry Potter movies.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chiany said:

Most likely we will see a flash forward in one of the last episodes of the show, like they did in the Harry Potter movies.

Yep, that's been my prediction for a couple of years.

I think it's pretty obvious how all those scenes will play out or show, Raj I have no clue lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I thought Terry for a girl was spelt Teri?

I've had female friends who spelt it Terry. But Terri and Teri are out there as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, chucky said:

I'm hoping that Leonard screws up their wedding the way sheldon ruined Lenny's. Not once but twice. But I know that won't happen, can't interfere with shamy's wedding since they're the golden couple.

My vision is for Penny to get sick at the wedding and everyone suspects that she is pregnant.  Wouldn't this be a good cliffhanger for next season as the wedding will be a climactic event and they will need something for the fans to debate and anticipate for the season 12 opener.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

My vision is for Penny to get sick at the wedding and everyone suspects that she is pregnant.  Wouldn't this be a good cliffhanger for next season as the wedding will be a climactic event and they will need something for the fans to debate and anticipate for the season 12 opener.

Either that, or have Leonard and Howard or Raj get in an argument and disturb the wedding. :icon_cheesygrin:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chucky said:

No flaming here. We each have our own opinions. Personally Leonard trying to be a dad would be more interesting considering his own childhood with "Beverly".

Honestly, I think Holland and the writers are trying to salvage something from this season as I think they made a mistake in creating another pregnancy storyline for Howardette due to Melissa's real life pregnancy. So it is possible he was throwing a smokescreen when he said no more pregnancies in the foreseeable future.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mario D. said:

Honestly, I think Holland and the writers are trying to salvage something from this season as I think they made a mistake in creating another pregnancy storyline for Howardette due to Melissa's real life pregnancy. So it is possible he was throwing a smokescreen when he said no more pregnancies in the foreseeable future.

Yes siree bob. Totally agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

My vision is for Penny to get sick at the wedding and everyone suspects that she is pregnant.  Wouldn't this be a good cliffhanger for next season as the wedding will be a climactic event and they will need something for the fans to debate and anticipate for the season 12 opener.

It could happen after the wedding, maybe she rushes to the toilet at the reception? Bernie goes in wondering where she is and you get a conversation with them raising the possibility of her being pregnant, Penny dismissing it saying it was something she ate. Episode ends and you have to find out next season.

But again I believe Holland, don't think there will be another pregnancy anytime soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Harry Truman's brother's name was Vivian. 

Spencer Tracy's brother was Carroll.

Times change.

One of my favorites was Leslie Nielson.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jonny said:

It could happen after the wedding, maybe she rushes to the toilet at the reception? Bernie goes in wondering where she is and you get a conversation with them raising the possibility of her being pregnant, Penny dismissing it saying it was something she ate.

Isn't that kinda like the Rachel pregnancy story in Friends?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stephen Hawking said:

Isn't that kinda like the Rachel pregnancy story in Friends?

Don't know never watched it.

Just pointing out having someone projectile vomit in the middle of a wedding ceremony isn't the only way to go no matter how some might enjoy seeing it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Isn't that kinda like the Rachel pregnancy story in Friends?

Well, someone did mention a Friends twist. :sarcastichand:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.