[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

12 hours ago, vonmar said:

Search YouTube for Emmy Legends Chuck Lorre on the cast of The Big Bang Theory.

Ooh yes that is a great clip ! I remember he said  Jim had to audition twice,  in part, because Chuck thought his audition as Sheldon was hilarious, genius  and  "shocking " . He wanted to make sure it wasn't a fluke of some kind he said  : "Can he come back and do it again coz I thought maybe it was a fluke of some kind. But it wasn't a fluke"  :sarcastichand:

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Isn't that kinda like the Rachel pregnancy story in Friends?

Not reaIIy,  Friends S 7 finaIe  was  about Monica and ChandIer's wedding and RacheI and Phoebe finding a positive pregnancy test in Monica's bathroom; everybody believed it was Monica's but in S 8 premiere it was revealed it was RacheI's

16 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Ooh yes that is a great clip ! I remember he said  Jim had to audition twice,  in part, because Chuck thought his audition as Sheldon was hilarious, genius  and  "shocking " . He wanted to make sure it wasn't a fluke of some kind he said  : "Can he come back and do it again coz I thought maybe it was a fluke of some kind. But it wasn't a fluke"  :sarcastichand:

very interesting.

9 hours ago, Jonny said:

Apart from introducing some kind of drama (ugh at that prospect!) I don't see why it needs to cover two episodes in all honesty. Family drama has been done before on this show at a wedding, so it's nothing new. I guess cold feet is an option but again I really think that wouldn't go down well with parts of the fanbase. Drama could involve someone else in the gang but I don't see why it should stretch the wedding beyond one episode.

The events concerning Lenny's wedding(s) were spread out over four episodes, but we didn't meet previously-unseen family members apart from Leonard's dad until the last of those. It really seemed rushed to me, getting the hangover from the cliffhanger plus the wedding and the new characters all into one episode. I'm amazed they did it as well as they did, all things considered.

Now that we know none of Shamy's relatives are coming to the bachelor(ette) functions, it means if we're meeting '' new" ones it'll be at the wedding that we'll see them for the first time. That's at least three adults and a child on Sheldon's side alone. We know it's going to be a big wedding because Sheldon mentioned dancing and they're looking for venues that presumably can accommodate that. I would like to see it over two episodes rather than something crammed-in jammed-in.

5 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

The events concerning Lenny's wedding(s) were spread out over four episodes, but we didn't meet previously-unseen family members apart from Leonard's dad until the last of those. It really seemed rushed to me, getting the hangover from the cliffhanger plus the wedding and the new characters all into one episode. I'm amazed they did it as well as they did, all things considered.

Now that we know none of Shamy's relatives are coming to the bachelor(ette) functions, it means if we're meeting '' new" ones it'll be at the wedding that we'll see them for the first time. That's at least three adults and a child on Sheldon's side alone. We know it's going to be a big wedding because Sheldon mentioned dancing and they're looking for venues that presumably can accommodate that. I would like to see it over two episodes rather than something crammed-in jammed-in.

My preference of course would be to introduce the parents and any siblings before the wedding that way they just play a small role at the actual wedding presumably in the season finale.

25 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I don't really expect to see the whole wedding kind of like we never saw Sheldon' entire speech in 3.18.

Then in 12.1 he will be wondering where is pants are and other details of what happened. 

Edited by djsurrey

3 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

That's easy.

Amy will have torn them off him, after which they'll have engaged in a feverish night of socially-approved copulation.

Sheldon Cooper doesn't do feverish anything! :sarcastichand:

23 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I don't really expect to see the whole wedding kind of like we never saw Sheldon' entire speech in 3.18.

Then in 12.1 he will be wondering where is pants are and other details of what happened. 

Well we saw Lennys whole wedding in 10x01. I am not sure why some of the audience shoulden't get too see Penny ruin Sheldons moment. As Karma for him ruining two of Leonard and Penny's wedding. But I degress. 

18 hours ago, Chiany said:

No other castmember had that on his/her resume by age of 17 or 19 (when Blossom stopped).

That point is irrelevant. What mattered, (as far as TBBT is concerned) is the resume of the actors when they were about to be hired and NOT how well known they were when they were 19. Besides that, the other important point is how successful the shows in which they participated were: Roseanne was waaaay more successful than Blossom. Finally, the other important thing is if they're cast as protagonists or in a supporting role.

17 hours ago, Chiany said:

How did he screw it up? Really dont remember.

Really? That's downright unbelievable.

16 hours ago, Chiany said:

Well the only reason Jim had to addition twice is because he was to good.

Obviously not. Btw did you mean too good?

47 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I am not sure why some of the audience shoulden't get too see Penny ruin Sheldons moment. As Karma for him ruining two of Leonard and Penny's wedding. But I degress.

When has Penny ever ruined stuff for Sheldon. Sheldon just does it himself.

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

Don't know never watched it.

Just pointing out having someone projectile vomit in the middle of a wedding ceremony isn't the only way to go no matter how some might enjoy seeing it.

Too bad. The writing was much better than TBBT.

the vomit won't happen. The finale itself may make some vomit while watching it.

18 hours ago, Chiany said:

Well the only reason Jim had to addition twice is because he was to good.

True story...they wanted to see if his performance could be repeated cause they were blown away with the first one. I guess Simon nailed the audition too! So glad they went with Kaley in the end instead of the other girl...she was too mean.

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

My preference of course would be to introduce the parents and any siblings before the wedding that way they just play a small role at the actual wedding presumably in the season finale.

Yes, my preference as well. Want to focus to be the wedding not the guests...

3 minutes ago, Sah said:

True story...they wanted to see if his performance could be repeated cause they were blown away with the first one. I guess Simon nailed the audition too! So glad they went with Kaley in the end instead of the other girl...she was too mean.

I think Johnny had it nailed, then again he was a known quality at acting to Chuck.

2 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Ha! Leslie Nielsen was in a television series called “The Swamp Fox” in which he played Francis Marion, an American Revolutionsry War hero. (Francis. Marion. Leslie. The theme continues!)

I remember him for Airplane. Such a funny movie 😊

2 minutes ago, Sah said:

I remember him for Airplane. Such a funny movie 😊

“and don’t call me Shirley!” Does that count in this name theme???  (And speaking of Shirley,  Maury Povich’s dad was a sportswriter. His name was [wait for it...] Shirley!)

Jim has always gone out of his way to tell interviewers that the girl who played "Penny" in the failed promo WAS NOT A "MEAN" PERSON- she was acting the kind of "street-smart" girl that the writing team thought she should be.  He says he's thrilled to work with Kaley now, but doesn't want anyone to think the first girl was "no good".

I am pretty sure Penny was written street smart in the first two seasons. I don't think anyone ever though the actress who played Katie was "no good". Just probably was indictive of everything wrong with the original pilot. It lacked the color, energy, and depth of the aired pilot. I really beleive Kaley was the crucial ingredient. Without her I don't think the show would of been the hit it became. 

13 minutes ago, chucky said:

I think Johnny had it nailed, then again he was a known quality at acting to Chuck.

Chuck wanted Johnny from very early on in the process of creating the show. Chuck contacted him about the show and then faxed him a few pages of what they had written for the original pilot, that's when Johnny asked if Chuck if he could read for Leonard instead of Sheldon.

Jim had to due a full blown audition for Sheldon.  Jim and Johnny then met for a screen test and finally a full scene performance in front of the CBS/Warner executives.

28 minutes ago, I Miss Dan said:

Jim has always gone out of his way to tell interviewers that the girl who played "Penny" in the failed promo WAS NOT A "MEAN" PERSON- she was acting the kind of "street-smart" girl that the writing team thought she should be.  He says he's thrilled to work with Kaley now, but doesn't want anyone to think the first girl was "no good".

I am sure she is a lovely person. I just like the more innocent kind of Midwestern feel of penny better...

Edited by Sah

10 hours ago, vonmar said:

Chuck wanted Johnny from very early on in the process of creating the show. Chuck contacted him about the show and then faxed him a few pages of what they had written for the original pilot, that's when Johnny asked if Chuck if he could read for Leonard instead of Sheldon.

Jim had to due a full blown audition for Sheldon.  Jim and Johnny then met for a screen test and finally a full scene performance in front of the CBS/Warner executives.

I always find it interesting how these castings come about, especially in successful shows or ones where there is a clear on screen chemistry be it in a friendship between characters or something romantic.

On 19.3.2018 at 12:26 PM, Jonny said:

I always find it interesting how these castings come about, especially in successful shows or ones where there is a clear on screen chemistry be it in a friendship between characters or something romantic.

Putting aside the difference in character between Katie and Penny (and I think we really don't know what would have been if Kaley played Katie or Amanda Penny),  the chemistry between Johnny and Kaley is one of the things the most appeal to me. It made for the feeling that Penny is actually into Leonard and it's not just a stereotyped joke on him, it was something beyond that cliche. I wonder if that worked in favor of casting Kaley. 

Edited by bfm
Forgot a word