[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

11 hours ago, bfm said:

I wish Howardette will have a boy this time and Lenny somewhat later a girl and then there will be a Hofstadter-Wollowitz union in the future :icon_cheesygrin: Maybe besties for life and then as adults they realize they want more than that... haha could only happen with quite long flashwards but let me fantasize a little :icon_redface:

Maybe this time it will be short but also treatrd as if it were normal LOL

Well, her last pregnancy was 12 months so they can make this one only 6 months and that way they will be OK if we average both of them.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, April said:

Yeah, it's literally happening every time the guy makes some progress in life - so the writers include some scenario to reassure the audience "Look, he might be all lovey-dovey these days but there's still a bit of ~old school Sheldon~ in him. Y'all loved that, right??" ughhh

I wonder what that might be then. Fingers crossed it'll be more interesting than the gyroscope thingy.

Or we start to see Halley as a toddler and the new one takes over the job of playing homage to Debbie. lol

I hope they are both invisible forever...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jonny said:

Only thing I am going to post about the Lenny thing is that by the sounds of it they are happy with their life as is right now, well if that's the case writers then bloody well show more of it!

Because as a viewer, a general viewer when it comes to those characters I don't see it.

Because it is the new TBBT Lenny writing: "When something good happens to Lenny have it happen off screen.  We will never show it to you, just tell you about it,. And you have to believe us because we are TPTB."

5 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Why bring Lenny into a discussion that had nothing to do with Lenny?

Come on! You know why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

And Leonard got to interrupt the proposal.

Social reciprocity.

How did Leonard interrupt the proposal? As it was mentioned here, Sheldon called Leonard and not the other way round, so I don't know what you're talking about.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Because it is the new TBBT Lenny writing: "When something good happens to Lenny have it happen off screen.  We will never show it to you, just tell you about it,. And you have to believe us because we are TPTB."

With two very, very large stories going on: the wedding and an unplanned pregnancy, there is not much room for anything else of substance.  I'm betting this Howard/Bernadette arc is going to be (in the words of my grandmother) a doozy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

After getting some sleep, I thought I'd add that Bernie is in the bathroom with the pregnancy test unbeknownst to Howard, who is on the phone, hearing about the Shamy proposal and telling Bernie from outside the bathroom door in their bedroom. I am flying home tomorrow. If anyone has any other questions, I'll have some time later this evening and during my layover tomorrow.

What was Howard's reaction like? Sheldon and Howard have a weird relationship at times.

• Koala Face 1

1 minute ago, hokie3457 said:

With two very, very large stories going on: the wedding and an unplanned pregnancy, there is not much room for anything else of substance.  I'm betting this Howard/Bernadette arc is going to be (in the words of my grandmother) a doozy. 

It made me wonder if they are considering a miscarriage on the show. It's probably highly unlikely, but neither character was very excited, although they knew they should be. TBBT is a sitcom, so maybe they wouldn't delve into such heavy waters, but Chuck Lorre has taken to these serious topics in Mom, so who knows? If they were to go this route, would it be too much for Melissa? Or, would it be poignant? It's too early to tell how they'll handle this storyline.

4 minutes ago, Jonny said:

What was Howard's reaction like? Sheldon and Howard have a weird relationship at times.

He was happy and excited for them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

It made me wonder if they are considering a miscarriage on the show. It's probably highly unlikely, but neither character was very excited, although they knew they should be. TBBT is a sitcom, so maybe they wouldn't delve into such heavy waters, but Chuck Lorre has taken to these serious topics in Mom, so who knows? If they were to go this route, would it be too much for Melissa? Or, would it be poignant? It's too early to tell how they'll handle this storyline.

I was wondering the same thing , ONLY because Melissa has had one before and was hoping she wouldn't on her pregnancy this time.

1 minute ago, Kev0821 said:

Going the miscarriage route would be extremely insensitive to Melissa and generally a tasteless idea. Chuck Lorre may not be afraid to tackle some serious issues on his other shows but TBBT has never strayed into the world of dramedy. I cannot imagine whatever angst the two of them may be experiencing lasting very long as a plot line. It never made any sense for Howard to act as he did over money during the first pregnancy. In his position he would have a much better than average income and Bernadette makes a 'buttload' of money. 

• Like 4

Just now, Queen Louise said:

I was wondering the same thing , ONLY because Melissa has had one before and was hoping she wouldn't on her pregnancy this time.

Yes, I feel like they could learn that they were excited to have the baby from such an experience, despite their initial reactions.

5 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

Personally I don't see a miscarriage for them, that's way too heavy for this show IMO. I've only watched a couple of episodes from Mom but it striked me as a darker show than TBBT. I also don't think they would make Melissa act out a miscarriage storyline.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

This is exactly my thought process @Kev0821.  Melissa is the wildcard because of her history.  However, I at least see a difficult pregnancy with complications.  When comedies have lasted many years, often late in the game, a dramatic, poignant (excellent word choice on your part, btw) story line can bring life to a series and gain attention.

• Like 1

Well I had a lot of catching up to do (I had a Lion King Q&A with kindergarteners :icon_cheesygrin: "How does Simba hear his dad talking from the water after he died?"). As usual for me I didn't read everything, just the more "important things" (beginning, Bernie's pregnancy reveals to Penny and Howard, final scene) and Lenny.

So everybody is moving on with their lives and only Lenny remain the the same not wanting to change anything and claiming their happy even though it doesn't look that way in previous episodes? And the cake and balloons sounds like a sweet, charming gesture by Leonard which, remembering her reaction to Bernie having Halley and a house, suggests that he does have a sense of what she might feel  eveb though by what she says it wasn't right this time. But then we find out he forgot their anniversary?! WTH?! They could do this with Penny suggesting she has a general problem with remembering dates (I wouldn't like it but it would be more plausible) but Leonard forgetting their anniversary?! They just LOVE to stamp all over us Lenny fans. I can already see a Jessica Radloff review saying how doomed they are (before anybody misinterprets I don't mean her reviews matter much, just that the writers feed claims like these). Yay.

A mention of Amy's dad! That's interesting! I wish we learn more about him this season.

Not sure where I stand on the decision to write Melissa's pregnancy in. I guess I'm OK with it. If they have a boy I hope they will call him Neil, after Diamond :icon_cheesygrin:.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bfm said:

So everybody is moving on with their lives and only Lenny remain the the same not wanting to change anything and claiming their happy even though it doesn't look that way in previous episodes? And the cake and balloons sounds like a sweet, charming gesture by Leonard which, remembering her reaction to Bernie having Halley and a house, suggests that he does have a sense of what she might feel  eveb though by what she says it wasn't right this time. But then we find out he forgot their anniversary?! WTH?! They could do this with Penny suggesting she has a general problem with remembering dates (I wouldn't like it but it would be more plausible) but Leonard forgetting their anniversary?! They just LOVE to stamp all over us Lenny fans. I can already see a Jessica Rudloff review saying how doomed they are (before anybody misinterprets I don't mean her reviews matter much, just that the writers feed claims like these). Yay.

When Penny enters the scene, she asks if it's their anniversary, and Leonard kind of dismisses it and explains his intentions. Then, towards the end of the scene, he looks at his phone and says that it is their anniversary.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

I can already see a Jessica Rudloff review saying how doomed they are (before anybody misinterprets I don't mean her reviews matter much, just that the writers feed claims like these). Yay.

A mention of Amy's dad! That's interesting! I wish we learn more about him this season.

Probably, though Jessica may be busy penning an article about 2 babies not being seen. She was quote vocal about one invisible baby, when she hears news of two lol.

I really hope Amy's parents make an appearance, I think it's the perfect upcoming storyline for them to finally do so.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

When Penny enters the scene, she asks if it's their anniversary, and Leonard kind of dismisses it and explains his intentions. Then, towards the end of the scene, he looks at his phone and says that it is their anniversary.

Yeah I got that but it doesn't change that both forgot. Penny just knew it was some time around that date, like she knew Leonard's birthday is on May but not the exact date.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I really hope Amy's parents make an appearance, I think it's the perfect upcoming storyline for them to finally do so.

Are people that excited about seeing Amy's mother? Perhaps the intention was to make her quirky, (i.e. Mary Cooper), but she has in many ways been described as someone that was abusive. Doesn't Amy tell a story of being locked in a closet as a girl as a punishment? 

Amy has shared more disturbing news about her strict mother — like how Mrs. Fowler used to lock her in the “sin closet,” from which Amy would watch 60 Minutes through the slats —

Sounds like she'll be a real hoot to have on the show....

Edited by HeWolf
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Probably, though Jessica may be busy penning an article about 2 babies not being seen. She was quote vocal about one invisible baby, when she hears news of two lol.

I agree with all you say but JR will have enough reviews to write...

• Koala Face 1

21 minutes ago, Queen Louise said:

Technically that would be difficult since her tum is already showing.

29 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

"Mom" has always delved into deep waters, it is in it's nature. It's very premise is a serious topic.

4 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

Faulty Logic.

It concludes that what Amy did was from lack of self-esteem. In fact, it may just as well been an act of confidence and knowing that Ramona made Sheldon realize what he wanted to do.

I wish the writers could be more definitive with stuff like this (like have A VO psychologist say: "Amy is acting in a state of power") so fans don't misinterpret the meaning of what they write. Sometimes it seems the only way. :)

Not faulty logic, it's simply weighing the evidence differently.  With the writers being ambiguous, different people can come to different conlusions.   Unless you can prove beyond doubt, which one is correct, either conclusion, (and a couple of others) are viable. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Not faulty logic, it's simply weighing the evidence differently.  With the writers being ambiguous, different people can come to different conlusions.   Unless you can prove beyond doubt, which one is correct, either conclusion, (and a couple of others) are viable. 

And of course we've yet to see how it's edited into the final showing.

• Tensor pinned this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unpinned this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic