The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, Sah said:

Why is there never any new episodes anymore? This has been a long wait...

US college basketball championship series air's on CBS. Happens every March, 

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

After having lived-streamed the panel here is my Season 12 and beyond wishlist: 

1) Love interest for Raj

2) Meet Howard's father and see Howard have a relationship with his half-brother.  Learn what was in Howard's letter from his father.

3) Elevator gets fixed.

4) More flashback episodes.  I enjoyed the one back to 2010. 

5) Penny gets a real acting gig.

6) See Fun with Flags and the Cheesecake Factory at least one more time.

7) See adult Tam from Young Sheldon. 

8. See Alex again. Perhaps, Sheldon chairs her Ph.D. dissertation.  (Want closure for her character).

9) A group episode.

10)  Leslie Winkle and Barry Kripke get together, maybe? (I don't know why they could not have kept Sara Gilbert in the cast if  they've been able to keep Kevin Sussman).

11) Meet Leonard's siblings. (I've always pictured Brook Eliott from Drop Dead Diva as his sister).

12) Stuart gets rich.

13) Beautiful and smart babies for Lenny.

14) See President Seibert and Dr. Gablehauser again. 

What other things do you think need closure in the Show? For me, it's the elevator and Howard's letter.  An obvious one is Penny's surname, but I  doubt we will ever get that.  I didn't add meet Amy's parents because I think we will meet them at Shamy's wedding.

1) Love interest for Raj

2) Meet Howard's father and see Howard have a relationship with his half-brother.  Learn what was in Howard's letter from his father.

3) Elevator gets fixed.

8. See Alex again. Perhaps, Sheldon chairs her Ph.D. dissertation.  (Want closure for her character).

9) A group episode.

10)  Leslie Winkle and Barry Kripke get together, maybe? (I don't know why they could not have kept Sara Gilbert in the cast if  they've been able to keep Kevin Sussman).

11) Meet Leonard's siblings. (I've always pictured Brooke Eliott from Drop Dead Diva as his sister).

12) Stuart gets rich.

What other things do you think need closure in the Show? For me, it's the elevator and Howard's letter.  An obvious one is Penny's surname, but I  doubt we will ever get that.  I didn't add meet Amy's parents because I think we will meet them at Shamy's wedding. And whatever happened to Mary's boyfriend from Season 7? And does Howard get his Ph.D.? Finally, who get's tenure?

Edited by shamymania
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, chucky said:

Maybe, maybe not. Kayley is better at comedy that Melissa. She has about 100 facial expressions that talks to you without her saying a word.

Thats your opinion, Kaley is good but Melissa has more comedy in her imho

• Thanks 1
  • Run to India 1

21 minutes ago, vonmar said:

US college basketball championship series air's on CBS. Happens every March, 

I prefer TBBT over March Basketball. But, I am sure I am alone in this. Everyone around me seems to be watching basketball and checking brackets. Oh well, one more week isn't gonna kill me. 

9 minutes ago, Sah said:

I prefer TBBT over March Basketball. But, I am sure I am alone in this. Everyone around me seems to be watching basketball and checking brackets. Oh well, one more week isn't gonna kill me. 

No you are not alone, the rest of the world doesn't care about this.

Could write an entire essay on this, but lets not get into politics here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, vonmar said:

From Access Hollywood's You Tube Channel...

Thanks, @vonmar. Having heard a little more from Steve Holland, it gives me hope that they'll bring Courtney Henggeler back. I really enjoyed her appearance in season 1's "The Pork-chop Indeterminacy." She appeared as 'Claudia' on Mom, so she clearly still collaborates with Chuck Lorre.

• Like 5

New episode next Thursday right? (Friday over here). The Gates episode. Should be a good one. 

• Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

I've always thought that the series finale tag would be a time-jump to 5 or so years ahead, with them all getting together with their spouses and kids.

I kind of feel that the finale should be that they all move on with their lives, buying houses, having families, success in their jobs and the last scene should be Leonard, Penny and Sheldon shutting the lights on an empty apt. 4A.  As this is where it all began and where it will end.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Sah said:

A big night for Sister Jean....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, shamymania said:

1) Love interest for Raj

3) Elevator gets fixed.

9) A group episode.

11) Meet Leonard's siblings. (I've always pictured Brook Eliott from Drop Dead Diva as his sister).

12) Stuart gets rich.

What other things do you think need closure in the Show? For me, it's the elevator and Howard's letter.  An obvious one is Penny's surname, but I  doubt we will ever get that.  I didn't add meet Amy's parents because I think we will meet them at Shamy's wedding.

1) Love interest for Raj

3) Elevator gets fixed.

9) A group episode.

11) Meet Leonard's siblings. (I've always pictured Brooke Eliott from Drop Dead Diva as his sister).

12) Stuart gets rich.

What other things do you think need closure in the Show? For me, it's the elevator and Howard's letter.  An obvious one is Penny's surname, but I  doubt we will ever get that.  I didn't add meet Amy's parents because I think we will meet them at Shamy's wedding. And whatever happened to Mary's boyfriend from Season 7? And does Howard get his Ph.D.? Finally, who get's tenure?

1. I have always wanted to know why Walowitz wears alien pins all the time.

2. Howard's dad contacts him. He meets his grandkids.

3. Elon Musk contacts Howard to enlist his help in engineering the first shuttle to Mars.

4. Raj meets a nice Indian woman and falls in love. One that can sing Indian lullibys to their children.

5. Lenny announce a baby is on it's way. (During the final episode, but not before.

6. Leonard writes his book and becomes a best selling auther

7. Sheldon and Amy's wedding

8. Sheldon and Amy start work together on another science project that will ultimately win them a Nobel prize.

9. We meet Amy's mom and dad.

10. Stuart Bloom meets a nice woman who is his sugar momma.

The elevator repairman finally shows up to fix the elevator.

These are mostly long term wishes for the characters. But some are from this season as well as season 12.

1 minute ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Who is that?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jonny said:

I read those posts, the vast majority were based on her appearance 'ZOMG she is so hot!!!', you know vacuous stuff like that.

Her accent was terrible and she had no personality from what I recall. I'm guessing she will be recast.

Are you kidding me? I loved adult Missy and can see her being the grown up version of young Missy. That being said I have no interest on seeing them in regards to Sheldon's wedding.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Yes! Loyola, again....this is sort of surreal.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Are we really comparing Sports to TV? Tom loves the Game of Football which is why he keeps playing.  

Yes ! These things are comparable. People do things for love, or acclamation, or both.  I've never heard of this Tom fella but I've heard of people who carry on with an occupation long after they've ceased to need the earnings.  I've seen actors in their nineties in films and on TV. Tom Baker still plays The Doctor  on audio recordings and radio. My hairdresser is about 74. Local councillors I'm friends with started standing for election when they retired. You've had a president who was eighty-odd.

Actors sometimes start when they're children not even old enough to understand what money is. Many stage-lovers  I know join amateur theatre  societies because they are able to act all year round, whereas in the profession they might spend months at a time out of work.

I know people with full-time jobs in everyday fields who spend weekends and holidays  caked in mud running around in freezing fog after a ball  - and  they spend money so they can do it.

What happens when your vicar goes on holiday ? Does the church stop its services ? No, some old bloke who's been tending his garden and writing books for years comes and does it.

Mayim Bialik gives a different reason in every interview I've heard about why she returned to acting. She said in one a few years ago that she'd earned enough money to stop work and be a full-time mother at home. I don't think she did that.  Now her children are big enough to leave and she's still acting. There are some occupations that if you love them, you can't leave them alone.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sah said:

Who is that?

Sister Jean is the team's 98 year old team chaplain for the Loyola basketball team. They are heavy underdogs who have three games. It has become a big deal here in Chicago. She has been interviewed non stop since they have been winning. To be honest iM not that big a basketball fan but tonight's was more entertaining than most TBBT episodes his season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Chrismo said:

Sister Jean is the team's 98 year old team chaplain for the Loyola basketball team. They are heavy underdogs who have three games. It has become a big deal here in Chicago. She has been interviewed non stop since they have been winning. To be honest iM not that big a basketball fan but tonight's was more entertaining than most TBBT episodes his season.

Thank you for the information. I was just reading about her. Fascinating woman and story. I will be rooting for her team now that I know more about her. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mario D. said:

True I was kind of bummed out about Kaley's comments on not having a baby and Johnny sort of wavered a little when he said that Leonard is sensitive and would make a great father possibly even a stay-at-home dad.  I think what they said was hard to hear as a Lenny fan and I think that Kaley was just staying true to her earlier statements of not wanting to work with a baby/child.  But that doesn't mean she will give birth like Bernadette, they can still write about her getting pregnant (probably unexpectedly) and all the humorous situations that arise from that scenario. Also, what happens if Kaley actually gets pregnant in real life.  So what is the verdict people:  Is the baby storyline dead or just barely breathing?

I think Kaley and Johnny are just phoning it in as far as interest in the show these days. The decision to sign on for the 11/12 season was a strictly financial one, by the end of the last contract it had become clear that lenny were done as far as TPTB are concerned.

The still give their best as actors but the personal enjoyment of and love for the lenny character's is gone watch their interviews fro season 7 on and you can see it dying a bit every year

Edited by JE7
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Kaley has made no secrets her opposition to working with kids on set. It’s not uncommon. She may see kids as kinda a death kill to Leonard and Penny’s story arch. Tbh Tptb have proven they don’t care about quality stories for them anymore. I’m sure she would not be against it if the writers came to her about the idea. End of day she does not write the show. She’s payed good money. So she would just have to suck it up heh. I do agree though it’s obvious J and K have been phoning it in for a while now. I do believe them resigning. Was more securing their financial future. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I think it would be funny too. I could see Penny hate being Pregnant. with her boobs getting bigger and not being able to fit in her clothes  I think her being in labor would be one of the funniest things even if they did it right.  I would be fine with if Penny is Pregnant during Season 12 and then she gives birth near the very end of the last Seasons or in the series finale. That way they don't have to mess with for too long. 

Yes, I think Penny becoming Pregnant in the season finale of this season and I see next season being it last.  There been a feel to this Season like they starting t tie up loose ends and the hinting of Penny forthcoming Pregnancy and Shamy planned Marriage in May.  

They could also go the other way and have Penny unexpectedly very excited about being pregnant and having a baby. Then they contrast it with her usual cool and snarky behavior for humor. They already did complaining pregnant woman with Bernadette so another way would be refreshing and surprising.

And I agree she could give birth in May but this means ahe would get pregnant around August not April (as would be required to reveal pregnancy in the season finale). 

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

13 minutes ago, bfm said:

They could also go the other way and have Penny unexpectedly very excited about being pregnant and having a baby. Then they contrast it with her usual cool and snarky behavior for humor. They already did complaining pregnant woman with Bernadette so another way would be refreshing and surprising.

And I agree she could give birth in May but this means ahe would get pregnant around August not April (as would be required to reveal pregnancy in the season finale). 

You still remember there are some crazy writers at work? :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Chiany said:

Thats your opinion, Kaley is good but Melissa has more comedy in her imho

As you said that's your opinion. We'll have to agree to disagree on this and most of all the topics.  :icon_biggrin:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

I adored the sign that had her picture in between the Blues Brothers that said "We're on a mission from God."

As for the last ep I still think that they should have Stuart show up at the building and think they all ditched him, and then they all begin to show up, like he imagined once.

7 hours ago, Sah said:

Thank you for the information. I was just reading about her. Fascinating woman and story. I will be rooting for her team now that I know more about her. 

When I went to Mundelein College, before Loyola bought them out, she was the head of my dorm. She's as great in person as she is on screen. But she had a bad fall recently which is why she's now injured and in a wheelchair.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I adored the sign that had her picture in between the Blues Brothers that said "We're on a mission from God."

that sign was THE highlight of the game, other than the victory!

the NCAA used to confiscate ALL signs for NCAA tournament games.  I guess they feared vulgarity.  I'm glad that one got in somehow.

DY74KibX4AEsOGM.jpg

Saw the episode where they get robbed last night.

One of THE great episodes.

"....and Ms. Pacman."

Edited by Capt. Hilts
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Saw the episode where they get robbed last night.

Another blast from the past, when the show was Entertaining, Imaginative and Funny.!

4 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

JIm, Johnny and KaIey about a possibIe S 13

Well, it seems like the Big Three are in for #13, as far as the other 4, where the head goes the body will follow. How about the writers? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1