[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

Mayim quite recently said she would do it as long as they wanted her. Kunal always seems very enthusiastic about keeping the show going and never really seen him want to talk about the possibility of it ending lol. Simon and Melissa I have no clue about whatsoever where they might be leaning towards.

If Jim, Kaley and Johnny are open to doing more than I expect the rest probably would as well.

The discussion then shifts to the writers, if the writers feel they can still produce quality content and they have the actors behind them then they will be on board. If they are then it comes down to the money men.

I get the impression there is something going on behind the scenes, some early negotiations or discussions might have taken place. Jim has been positive for a while and sounded open to doing more, what I find surprising is Kaley and Johnny's reactions more than anything. Kaley sounds very keen lol

As I said, where the head leads, the body follows. Kaley seems excited about another season. What did she say, something like "You have to be crazy to turn down another year", or something to that effect. Jim is on board and Johnny, I think he is. As you said where does Simon and Melissa stand. Their not a big problem, as they can be written off easily.

• It's a Tiara 1

1 minute ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I think the show should end after season 12. But it up to the cast, crew, network, and production company.  I think the show is getting too expensive for CBS and they may not b kneen on the idea. 

If they have the same deal, it wouldn't be a big deal. But if the cast demands more $, then the end is near. that's my opinion, not fact.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Mayim quite recently said she would do it as long as they wanted her. Kunal always seems very enthusiastic about keeping the show going and never really seen him want to talk about the possibility of it ending lol. Simon and Melissa I have no clue about whatsoever where they might be leaning towards.

If Jim, Kaley and Johnny are open to doing more than I expect the rest probably would as well.

The discussion then shifts to the writers, if the writers feel they can still produce quality content and they have the actors behind them then they will be on board. If they are then it comes down to the money men.

I get the impression there is something going on behind the scenes, some early negotiations or discussions might have taken place. Jim has been positive for a while and sounded open to doing more, what I find surprising is Kaley and Johnny's reactions more than anything. Kaley sounds very keen lol

I have not watched the clip yet but will after work.  I am quite floored by this.  I had thought that Jim, Johnny and Kaley would be looking toward moving on and doing other things.  Jim has always seemed to want to expand his acting wings; Johnny has been bitten by the producing bug and has been doing much with music in the summer.  Kaley, I'm most surprised by. We had taken it for granted that she was anxious to spend more time with her husband to be and their horses.  They seem to be building an enterprise that concentrates on that.  She also has just formed her own production company and will be producing and starring in a t.v. movie of the new book "The Flight Attendant".  I'm quite shocked!!!

Jonny, you mention the money men...That is another interesting point.  I'm sure CBS would love to have TBBT back if only to serve as a lead-in for new or struggling sit-coms.  It appears that Young Sheldon may be able to stand on its own.  I suppose if the numbers are right all around (Warner Brothers and Lorre, Prady, Molaro, et al) things will fall into place.

A very interesting development......

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, chucky said:

As I said, where the head leads, the body follows. Kaley seems excited about another season. What did she say, something like "You have to be crazy to turn down another year", or something to that effect. Jim is on board and Johnny, I think he is. As you said where does Simon and Melissa stand. Their not a big problem, as they can be written off easily.

I agree they could write Simon, Melissa and also Kunal. I would be very sad and I think it would make the show much less funny, but IMO the ones they can't go without are Johnny, Jim, Kaley and Mayim.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bfm said:

I agree they could write Simon, Melissa and also Kunal. I would be very sad and I think it would make the show much less funny, but IMO the ones they can't go without are Johnny, Jim, Kaley and Mayim.

I don't know about Mayim, But, there is no Big Bang Theory without the Big Three.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chucky said:

I don't know about Mayim, But, there is no Big Bang Theory without the Big Three.

It's hard for me to see them pulling it off without Amy. What would they do? Kill her off? Have them divorce? That would completely ruin the show for so many.

Edited by bfm
typo
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, bfm said:

It's hard for me to see them pulling it off without Amy. What qould they do? Kill her off? Have them divorce? That would completely ruin the show for so many.

But the show could still continue, without Sheldon, Penny and Leonard, no show at all.

• Like 1

I don't see any of the cast doing the show if one of the other decide they don't want to come back. If one of them decides they don't want to do the show anymore and decide to leave the other 6 will follow. 

2 minutes ago, chucky said:

But the show could still continue, without Sheldon, Penny and Leonard, no show at all.

If it was season 4 or 5 yes but after almost 8  years Amy has been to Integrated into the show. Same with Bernadette 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, chucky said:

What I am saying is that I think it could not continue without Amy. You think differently.

Besides, Sheldon without Amy would stick to Lenny even more, I don't think you want that...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I don't see any of the cast doing the show if one of the other decide they don't want to come back. If one of them decides they don't want to do the show anymore and decide to leave the other 6 will follow. 

I don't think so.They will be sad, but will go on. Remember the threat to Simon and Kunal, take the deal or risk being written off. There was no uproar over that ultimatum!

1 hour ago, bfm said:

What I am saying is that I think it could not continue without Amy. You think differently.

Besides, Sheldon without Amy would stick to Lenny even more, I don't think you want that...

And that's why the writers would love it so much more. They can be moved back together in 4A again. I don't want it, but I feel the writers are tryin to find a way for that.:icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by chucky
  • Confused 1

I am not keen on another season (or more). I mean, if they don't have things to write for Lenny and for Penny now, what would happen in two years? Kaley could just sit in the audience and shout her only line each episode.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I have not watched the clip yet but will after work.  I am quite floored by this.  I had thought that Jim, Johnny and Kaley would be looking toward moving on and doing other things.  Jim has always seemed to want to expand his acting wings; Johnny has been bitten by the producing bug and has been doing much with music in the summer.  Kaley, I'm most surprised by. We had taken it for granted that she was anxious to spend more time with her husband to be and their horses.  They seem to be building an enterprise that concentrates on that.  She also has just formed her own production company and will be producing and starring in a t.v. movie of the new book "The Flight Attendant".  I'm quite shocked!!!

Jonny, you mention the money men...That is another interesting point.  I'm sure CBS would love to have TBBT back if only to serve as a lead-in for new or struggling sit-coms.  It appears that Young Sheldon may be able to stand on its own.  I suppose if the numbers are right all around (Warner Brothers and Lorre, Prady, Molaro, et al) things will fall into place.

A very interesting development......

I'm guessing that getting paid 900 000 dollars per episode for a few lines are hard to turn down. 

• Like 7

On 3/23/2018 at 10:46 AM, chucky said:

I don't think so. I believe we will disagree on this topic.

It was different. You think you have to be right all the time 

The other 3 had already signed a new contract and Kunal and Simon were only holdouts. They wanted to come back but they wanted more then what Warner Bros were offering and the production company threatened them and Kunal and Simon finally gave in and signed the new deal that was being offered to them. By this point, the other 3 had already signed up and couldn't back out. 

THat much different then if we get to end of this season and 3 or of the cast decide they don't want to do the show anymore I can see the other 4 decide to follow the lead because it would not be the same without those 3 characters. The Chemistry would not be the same. The show would not be the same, This is an ensemble anymore 

That what happened with Friends and Cheers. 

This is a close-knit cast. I think you underestimate that. None of them would want to do the show without one of the other 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JE7 said:

I think Kaley and Johnny are just phoning it in as far as interest in the show these days. The decision to sign on for the 11/12 season was a strictly financial one, by the end of the last contract it had become clear that lenny were done as far as TPTB are concerned.

The still give their best as actors but the personal enjoyment of and love for the lenny character's is gone watch their interviews fro season 7 on and you can see it dying a bit every year

You may be right about their disinterest in the Lenny characters and it could be because of their lack of storylines. In the interview before season 11 they both seemed not to be enthused about the beginning of another season as they were in the past. But then I see interviews from this weeks PaleyFest and they both say along with Jim that they would do another season if the writers were willing to come up with enough stories for them.  I swear these actors are all enigmas to try and figure out.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

You may be right about their disinterest in the Lenny characters and it could be because of their lack of storylines. In the interview before season 11 they both seemed not to be enthused about the beginning of another season as they were in the past. But then I see interviews from this weeks PaleyFest and they both say along with Jim that they would do another season if the writers were willing to come up with enough stories for them.  I swear these actors are all enigmas to try and figure out.

There a reason why they are called "actors" They are never really gonna let their true feelings show or be known 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

It was different. You think you have to be right all the time 

The other 3 r 3 had already signed a new contract and Kunal and Simon were only holdouts. They wanted to come back but they wanted more then what Warner Bros were offering and the production company threatened them and Kunal and Simon finally gave in and signed the new deal that was being offered to them. By this point, the other 3 had already signed up and couldn't back out. 

THat much different then if we get to end of this season and 3 or of the cast decide they don't want to do the show anymore I can see the other 4 decide to follow the lead because it would not be the same without those 3 characters. The Chemistry would not be the same. The show would not be the same, This is an ensemble anymore 

That what happened with Friends and Cheers. 

This is a close-knit cast. I think you underestimate that. 

I underestimate nothing and I don't have to be right all the time. If I am proven wrong, then I will admit it. I just disagree with you on this point. So I'm going to move on and when I am proven wrong on this subject, I will admit to it.

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic