[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

Did Bernadette return to work yet? If not, they could write it as she just got "heavy" around the house (or alternatively, she got lazy at work and ate at her desk or volunteered for a pill for postpartum. Then after Melissa delivers, she can lose the weight.

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

I agree completely with what you say about Lenny. I however am not that enthused about TPTB writing Melissa's pregnancy in. If they have a boy and call him Neil while Amy might say that it is because Howard's love of Neil Diamond, Sheldon might think it's because of Neil De Grasse Tyson. Oh, btw I sort of despise the mention of Amy's dad. Another new character that has nothing to do with the Lenny story? Yayyyy !!!!!

Well...exactly. That's a joke. People could guess he is named after De Grasse Tyson, Armstrong or other famous Neils but nope...Diamond.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jonny said:

I am not a big fan of that, but I could understand why after 3 months of thinking it over and possibly playing out scenarios in her head the anger might have subsided in Amy's thought process.

Me, too.

I am totally loving EVERYTHING I am hearing about this ep. It seems darned near perfect. Amy says yes, Mary is happy about it, Sheldon was already planning it, Bernie won't have to hide behind the furniture, Stuart had a date...it sounds like a great ep.

7 hours ago, HeWolf said:

I really hope that no kid is ever shown on TBBT. If they have to have children, let them all be heard and never seen.

I totally agree. I do not want to see them.

• Like 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

20 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

Did Bernadette return to work yet? If not, they could write it as she just got "heavy" around the house (or alternatively, she got lazy at work and ate at her desk or volunteered for a pill for postpartum. Then after Melissa delivers, she can lose the weight.

Too late for that. They've already announced she's pregnant on the show.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

Yes, Bernie has been back at work for a while now. They even had an episode dedicated to that!

No, women gaining weight doesn't look like a baby bump. Other shows tried that and it was ridiculous. Just no.

Not to mention of course, it's too late -  the episode is taped and Bernie is officially pregnant again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Here you go:-

The need to find another human being to share one’s life with has always puzzled me. Maybe because I’m so interesting all by myself. With that being said, may you find as much happiness with each other as I find on my own.

Why not both having babies?

Having Bernadette pregnant is overkill as it is. Why with so many more Shamy moments in the last few years can't Lenny have a moment that isn't shared with Shamy?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, April said:

No, women gaining weight doesn't look like a baby bump. Other shows tried that and it was ridiculous. Just no.

The cleverest use of a pregnant actress when they were hiding her pregnancy was in How I met Your Mother.   Allyson Hannigan was pregnant, and they had her with winter clothes, behind boxes, etc.  But in one episode, they had her win a Hot Dog eating contest.  After winning, she stands up rubbing her extended belly, as if it was because of all the hot dogs.  

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Me, too.

I am totally loving EVERYTHING I am hearing about this ep. It seems darned near perfect. Amy says yes, Mary is happy about it, Sheldon was already planning it, Bernie won't have to hide behind the furniture, Stuart had a date...it sounds like a great ep.

No he wasn't. Had it not been for Ramona, Sheldon wouldn't have proposed at this time. He was not planning on doing it at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tensor said:

The cleverest use of a pregnant actress when they were hiding her pregnancy was in How I met Your Mother.   Allyson Hannigan was pregnant, and they had her with winter clothes, behind boxes, etc.  But in one episode, they had her win a Hot Dog eating contest.  After winning, she stands up rubbing her extended belly, as if it was because of all the hot dogs.  

Haha yeah that was funny! But it was very cartoonish and obviously not realistic -  which worked fine for the show with all its unreliable narration jokes.

12 minutes ago, Carlos said:

No he wasn't. Had it not been for Ramona, Sheldon wouldn't have proposed at thi s time. He was not planning on doing it at all.

In his mind he felt he cheated on Amy. Planned it? LOL

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

People seem to think it's a sign that they aren't committed to each other when they don't remember stuff like that or that it in some way de-values their relationship. The fact they both couldn't remember it a ditzy (I think that is the right word?) kind of way is clearly there for joke purposes.

Anniversary or not I say it's a good sign that he can read his wife and perhaps do something nice for her.

I once gave my parents an anniversary present and it took several minutes before they realised what it was for. :) They thought it was funny they'd both forgotten. The forgetfulness meant nothing.  After thirty odd years it was understandable, it seemed. They were still together after fifty-four years when my father died.

Edited by joyceraye
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I once gave my parents an anniversary present and it took several minutes before they realised what it was for. They thought it was funny they'd both forgotten.

I'll bet it wasn't their second anniversary, after after an additional wedding ceremonies for their first anniversary.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tensor said:

I'll bet it wasn't their second anniversary, after after an additional wedding ceremonies for their first anniversary.  

LOL. No, I was only born four days before their third so I'd have been on the young side to give them a present.

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

No he wasn't. Had it not been for Ramona, Sheldon wouldn't have proposed at this time. He was not planning on doing it at all.

Sheldon told Amy that the kiss made him realise he wanted to be with her for life, but unless he phoned Stephen Hawking and Amy's father on his way to NJ (Knowing Sheldon, not impossible I suppose ) he must have been considering a proposal at least in the near future.  Ramona was a contributing factor in the timing but how great in the light of his having spoken to SH and Mr/Prof/Doctor Fowler we don't know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

He had to have been if he asked Amy's father for permission to marry her, didn't he?

Sidebar:  Can I ask if that is really still a thing? Like do any dads expect it? Because hey, two adults etc.  - no one here is sixteen... or property.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

Sidebar:  Can I ask if that is really still a thing? Like do any dads expect it? Because hey, two adults etc.  - no one here is sixteen... or property.

It is an old fashioned thing to do.  But it would be the kind of thing that Amy would find romantic.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

It still happens, though probably more rare these days. Years ago that would have been the norm.

Amy by the sounds it was happy that he had asked him.

• Koala Face 1

20 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Sheldon told Amy that the kiss made him realise he wanted to be with her for life, but unless he phoned Stephen Hawking and Amy's father on his way to NJ (Knowing Sheldon, not impossible I suppose ) he must have been considering a proposal at least in the near future.  Ramona was a contributing factor in the timing but how great in the light of his having spoken to SH and Mr/Prof/Doctor Fowler we don't know.

Perhaps he was considering doing it when she got back from Princeton?

Just now, vonmar said:

It is an old fashioned thing to do.  But it would be the kind of thing that Amy would find romantic.

Just as well Dad miraculously was contactable for this. I always thought her dad was absent. I'd never noticed him come up before. But ok - though for my part I would be cranky for the question. It's a tradition from the days of women as chattels, I suspect. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Amy would have loved it, it's like a Jane Austen set novel/time period thing to do lol

• Like 3

• Tensor pinned this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unpinned this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic