[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

6 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Correct. They notified people in time and put the chapel service online, so it wasn't an elopement. A bit of a rush job, but there was no secrecy.

It started out as an elopement, but changed when they planned the online service. But thanks to Amy and Sheldon (mostly Sheldon), the gang missed watching it. Amy's part was taking Sheldon with her to Bernadette and Howard's house. She should have realized that Sheldon was going to freak out, which he did!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, chucky said:

It started out as an elopement, but changed when they planned the online service. But thanks to Amy and Sheldon (mostly Sheldon), the gang missed watching it. Amy's part was taking Sheldon with her to Bernadette and Howard's house. She should have realized that Sheldon was going to freak out, which he did!

He had every right to be there...they were and are his friends too. 

7 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Depends what you mean by 'modern'.

Don't know when but we found out last week she was getting a knack for it.

Maybe being with Leonard is finally starting to 'rub off" (No pun intended) on her? lol 

Happy New Epsidoe day. Seem like it been too long. 

5 hours ago, Sah said:

He had every right to be there...they were and are his friends too. 

He had every right to be there until he started acting like the spoiled brat that he is. He should have been kicked out of the house when he started harassing Amy. For a scientist with such a high IQ, he is so stupid in areas not involving science or math.

Edited by chucky

9 hours ago, bfm said:

Thank you very much!!!

The Penny-Raj plot sounds very interesting! Maybe she visits the telescope room for some reason and Raj has ot turned somewhere, and then Penny notices something on the screen and Raj realizes it's a commet. Then they would fight about which mattets - turning the telescope at the place where the commet had been or noticing the commet. Leonard might stumble on his words when confronted because he tends to agree with Raj (not that I don't want him to support Penny but that goes with previous things we have seen on the show and it doesn't bother me too much as it is not personally against her). To clarify, these are all guesses! It would be nice if Penny does get credit in the end, maybe they name it after her or something like that. Anyway I like a win for Penny! (It is something even if she's not credited) and even more so, a plot where she is central! That is rare! 

And what is even more surprising is a big win for Stuart!!!

I'm really curious about this episode!

The premise of the episode is certainly more promising. I can't imagine Stuart's "big win" will last very long.

45 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

The premise of the episode is certainly more promising. I can't imagine Stuart's "big win" will last very long.

Stuart is a lot like Raj, they're both lovable losers.

3 hours ago, veejay said:

Agree to disagree. Wasn’t there a verbal agreement in S10/Ep4?
"P: We wouldn't even sit in your spot while you're gone.
S: You're darn right, you wouldn't."

n_0163.gif.42ec0bed8e0c1134baf84b7b5cd6fdcf.gif

Anyway :icon_cheesygrin:

Yet they had sat there before :) (I mean between 10×04 and the bachlorette party)

Edited by bfm

5 hours ago, veejay said:

Agree to disagree. Wasn’t there a verbal agreement in S10/Ep4?
"P: We wouldn't even sit in your spot while you're gone.
S: You're darn right, you wouldn't."

n_0163.gif.42ec0bed8e0c1134baf84b7b5cd6fdcf.gif

Anyway :icon_cheesygrin:

The verbal agreement was for the five week test. We don’t know if it was part of the permanent agreement. 

I would like to add some more info to one of the storylines of the last taping. Since it's mostly Shamy, I'll leave it here. Again, I don't know how accurate this is, but you get the gist. Something might be lost in translation.

The reason why the comic book store is now crowded and Sheldon is not ok with change is because Stuart hires a girl, who now works there. He talks to her about comic books but he doesn't like her at first. He'd prefer it'd be only Stuart to work there. Sheldon complains to Amy, who tells him that change is not that bad. At this point Sheldon gives this girl a chance and he starts liking her. Amy doesn't like this new development and goes to the comic book store to ask her for advice on how to pretend to like comic books, so that she can talk about them with Sheldon.

(I also read Mayim is hilarious in the very last scene of the episode, which I know nothing about)

ETA post was moved from the Shamy thread.

Edited by Tensor
moved post

11 hours ago, bfm said:

Thank you very much!!!

The Penny-Raj plot sounds very interesting! Maybe she visits the telescope room for some reason and Raj has ot turned somewhere, and then Penny notices something on the screen and Raj realizes it's a commet. Then they would fight about which mattets - turning the telescope at the place where the commet had been or noticing the commet. Leonard might stumble on his words when confronted because he tends to agree with Raj (not that I don't want him to support Penny but that goes with previous things we have seen on the show and it doesn't bother me too much as it is not personally against her). To clarify, these are all guesses! It would be nice if Penny does get credit in the end, maybe they name it after her or something like that. Anyway I like a win for Penny! (It is something even if she's not credited) and even more so, a plot where she is central! That is rare! 

And what is even more surprising is a big win for Stuart!!!

I'm really curious about this episode!

The Hofstadter's comet would be nice and it would be really good if we could get an episode that focus on Penny for once.  

8 minutes ago, nusspot said:

I would like to add some more info to one of the storylines of the last taping. Since it's mostly Shamy, I'll leave it here. Again, I don't know how accurate this is, but you get the gist. Something might be lost in translation.

The reason why the comic book store is now crowded and Sheldon is not ok with change is because Stuart hires a girl, who now works there. He talks to her about comic books but he doesn't like her at first. He'd prefer it'd be only Stuart to work there. Sheldon complains to Amy, who tells him that change is not that bad. At this point Sheldon gives this girl a chance and he starts liking her. Amy doesn't like this new development and goes to the comic book store to ask her for advice on how to pretend to like comic books, so that she can talk about them with Sheldon.

(I also read Mayim is hilarious in the very last scene of the episode, which I know nothing about)

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

53 minutes ago, Tensor said:

The verbal agreement was for the five week test. We don’t know if it was part of the permanent agreement. 

Well, I could also take this part from S9/The 2003 Approximation:

"S: Oh, and lastly, please initial here to confirm that ownership of the living room couch is hereby transferred to me in perpetuity all throughout the universe and all alternate universes except for those universes where owning a couch is forbidden by the hive queen.
In which case, all glory to the hive queen."

But I think with the exuberant use of absurd agreements by the writers the evidence is, mildly said, difficult. :icon_cheesygrin:

5 minutes ago, veejay said:

But I think with the exuberant use of absurd agreements by the writers the evidence is, mildly said

I think that agreement was rendered null and void when Sheldon moved out and was no longer Leonard's roommate.:scratchhead:

Edited by chucky

6 minutes ago, chucky said:

I think that agreement was rendered null and void when Sheldon moved out and was no longer Leonard's roommate.:scratchhead:

Maybe, who knows...? :shy:

59 minutes ago, nusspot said:

ETA post was moved from the Shamy thread.

Thanks for the info!
Spontaneously I had a flashback...

n_130.gif.24fad4adfe635da8eb3de1853a907940.gif

…and no, I don't want to!  :fi_lone_ranger:

Thanks @nusspot :)

So the success of the store would be easily reversed, which sounds about right for the writers. They would easily have the woman leave and it's back to Failure Stuart.

Edited by bfm

22 minutes ago, bfm said:

Thanks @nusspot :)

So the success of the store would be easily reversed, which sounds about right for the writers. They would easily have the woman leave and it's back to faliure Stuart.

Another one and done. Surprise surprise. Also doesn't this girl working for Stuart sound like a mix between Alice and Ramona?

Edited by Chrismo

32 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

Now there could be a neighbor agreement between Leonard and Sheldon. :icon_cheesygrin:

I don't recall one being done. You know the writers really enjoy Sheldon and his agreements. So, I'm sure it would have been shown or at least mentioned. I mean they had to do that episode with Lenny's relationship agreement and it's never been mentioned again. :scratchhead:

Edited by chucky

Just for the record Sheldon was only entitled to be at Howard's house for the Lenny wedding If he was invited. He wasent entitled to act like a self entitled bafoon. But that's neither here or their.

The Lenny relationship agreement turns out was just an excuse to give Sheldon more screen time. Just a throw away gag as it was. Their might be a verbal agreement between Leonard and Sheldon. But he has no rights over 4A anymore. 

Edited by 3ku11

12 minutes ago, chucky said:

I don't recall one being done. You know the writers really enjoy Sheldon and his agreements. So, I'm sure it would have been shown or at least mentioned. I mean they had to do that episode with Lenny's relationship agreement and it's never been mentioned again. :scratchhead:

I was just joking, knowing how much Sheldon loves agreements.