The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

59 minutes ago, bfm said:

But why would a pregnancy prevent her from taking the job? 

I doubt that they'd do a Penny pregnancy plot, even though I would like that. But they could still have a Penny/Lenny cliffhanger if she gets the job but it requires relocation, then we're left with will the Hofstadters move away? 

They would both have to move, since I don't see Penny and Leonard doing a long distance marriage. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chucky said:

They would both have to move, since I don't see Penny and Leonard doing a long distance marriage. 

Of course not, that's why I wrote the Hofstadters

Edited by bfm
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, bfm said:

"The Hofstadters" 

Kaley & Johnny both have production companies now, they should pitch this.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

I think its pretty clear well get a Penny Pregnancy plot at some point. Not sure this seasons finalie. But they have dropped a ton of hints. Kaley clearly is againgst the idea :D. But she does not write the show. I can see Penny getting a job relocation offer plot cliffhanger in the seasons final though. Be a solid cliffhanger. "Well the Hofstadters relocate". Pro No Sheldon, Con No Sheldon

:sarcastichand:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bfm said:

But why would a pregnancy prevent her from taking the job? 

I doubt that they'd do a Penny pregnancy plot, even though I would like that. But they could still have a Penny/Lenny cliffhanger if she gets the job but it requires relocation, then we're left with will the Hofstadters move away? 

I could see if she was offered a part in TV adverts to promote the company she'd cite it as another reason for deciding not to be pregnant yet. A laugh would be if she then had to play the part of an expectant mother who was taking vitamin and mineral supplements made by Zantac, and she had to be padded up anyway.

Alternatively, I can see a cliffhanger where she is told she needs to go on a ten-week course to train for the new job.

• Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bfm said:

I know!

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

I think its pretty clear well get a Penny Pregnancy plot at some point. Not sure this seasons finalie. But they have dropped a ton of hints. Kaley clearly is againgst the idea :D. But she does not write the show. I can see Penny getting a job relocation offer plot cliffhanger in the seasons final though. Be a solid cliffhanger. "Well the Hofstadters relocate". Pro No Sheldon, Con No Sheldon

:sarcastichand:

I don't think Kaley is so much against the pregnancy than not wanting to work with babies. But as you said, she doesn't write for the show.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, chucky said:

For anyone who doesn't know, Hot/warm potato salad is heads and shoulders above cold.

Yes, it's great. My grandfather called it kartoffelsalat. We had it all the time when I was a kid.

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I think its pretty clear well get a Penny Pregnancy plot at some point. Not sure this seasons finalie. But they have dropped a ton of hints. Kaley clearly is againgst the idea :D. But she does not write the show.

Steve Holland seems to be against it as well, and I think he pulls more weight than she does.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke

3 hours ago, bfm said:

But why would taking the PR job mean relocation?    Also, I meant her internal struggle of taking on a new job and being pregnant, not necessarily not being offered the job because of it.

1 hour ago, chucky said:

I know!

I don't think Kaley is so much against the pregnancy than not wanting to work with babies. But as you said, she doesn't write for the show.

I think you are right on this.  At Paleyfest when asked about the possibility of pregnancy she and Johnny said No emphatically, but then they both relented a little when it was said that the babies are currently not being seen and she said she would be ok with that.  Also, Johnny replied he would not mind being a stay-at-home dad.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

But why would taking the PR job mean relocation?    Also, I meant her internal struggle of taking on a new job and being pregnant, not necessarily not being offered the job because of it.

I think you are right on this.  At Paleyfest when asked about the possibility of pregnancy she and Johnny said No emphatically, but then they both relented a little when it was said that the babies are currently not being seen and she said she would be ok with that.  Also, Johnny replied he would not mind being a stay-at-home dad.

Well if they leave together if either got a job offer. They would relocate.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Mario D. said:

To me a great season finale would be, and maybe I am grabbing at straws here, if Penny was offered the PR position and accepted and then think that she might be pregnant. So, the cliffhanger would be is she or isn't she and where does that leave her job?  I really believe it would be a terrific plotline for Penny as she struggles with the idea of a position she has coveted and pending motherhood.  I know they covered this somewhat with Bernadette but I think Penny's story would have more impact.

I'm guessing that the season finale will be all about Shamy's wedding and that we don't get any B plot, much like last year finale.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Lagernisse said:

I'm guessing that the season finale will be all about Shamy's wedding and that we don't get any B plot, much like last year finale.

Why have a B plot when we will be witnessing the wedding of the century? (Sarcasm) for those, like Sheldon, who can't tell.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

Well alot of us remember the Season Final Taping this time last year. When the "Only" Plot was Sheldon and Ramona. And Sheldon proposing to Amy. A year later Shamys wedding. You can't tell me its not The Shamy Show. As for a B Plot. I suspose its possible. Penny Pregnancy Scare, Penny or Leonard job offer e.t.c. Maybe something to do with Rajs love life. Guess we are just going to have too watch this space.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Mario D. said:

It doesn't have to mean this, I meant they could have a relocation offer to make for a cliffhanger. And I did not mean a pregnancy would lead to a job offer. I said I don't know why it would make for a struggle for her, as she can do both. @joyceraye gave a good example saying it could be a problem if the job included participating in commercials somehow.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Well alot of us remember the Season Final Taping this time last year. When the "Only" Plot was Sheldon and Ramona. And Sheldon proposing to Amy. A year later Shamys wedding. You can't tell me its not The Shamy Show. As for a B Plot. I suspose its possible. Penny Pregnancy Scare, Penny or Leonard job offer e.t.c. Maybe something to do with Rajs love life. Guess we are just going to have too watch this space.

The show IMO is running on fumes. The show needs a cliffhanger for people to watch next season. Seeing three married couples isn't exactly must see TV

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

The show IMO is running on fumes. The show needs a cliffhanger for people to watch next season. Seeing three married couples isn't exactly must see TV

Is seeing six and a half scientists must-see ( regardless of marital status ) TV ? It all depends on the taste of the viewer. I'd like to see our married scientists  and their single friend doing interesting and humorous things, perhaps not what they were doing in their twenties though.

Edited by joyceraye
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Is seeing six and a half scientists must-see ( regardless of marital status ) TV ? It all depends on the taste of the viewer. I'd like to see our married scientists  and their single friend doing interesting and humorous things, perhaps not what they were doing in their twenties though.

The show hasn't really been that science related in a while. It does depend on the viewer. As for me im not sure what those interesting and humorous things are after 11 seasons.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

The show hasn't really been that science related in a while. It does depend on the viewer. As for me im not sure what those interesting and humorous things are after 11 seasons.

The hilarious adventures of Sheldon as a newly-wed horndog? :scratchhead:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, veejay said:

The hilarious adventures of Sheldon as a newly-wed horndog? :scratchhead:

Oh-my-god, does this mean they will do it twice a year on both their birthdays, or will Sheldon outsource the coitus to some needy person? Errrrrr, maybe Stuart, Sheldon does like to utilize his talents.  :sarcastichand:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't foresee any major cliffhanger, not after they ruled out more pregnancies anytime soon and the prospect of Shamy's wedding being concluded next season.

I think we might know more these next few tapings, you might see some signs of them setting something up for one of the characters.

Anyone else remember the 'who might leave at the end of the season for a few months?' threads that were created at the end of every season? lol

It was Amy last year, if anyone does leave I wonder who it might be this time?

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I don't foresee any major cliffhanger, not after they ruled out more pregnancies anytime soon and the prospect of Shamy's wedding being concluded next season.

I think we might know more these next few tapings, you might see some signs of them setting something up for one of the characters.

Anyone else remember the 'who might leave at the end of the season for a few months?' threads that were created at the end of every season? lol

Raj - and nobody notices for a month.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, joyceraye said:

lol IIRC most picked Raj on those threads :laugh:

13 minutes ago, Jonny said:

It will be Shamy that leaves on their honeymoon of course. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • It's a Tiara 1

18 hours ago, vonmar said:

"The Hofstadters" 

Kaley & Johnny both have production companies now, they should pitch this.

Would watch...but maybe a catchier title...or a few different spellings of Hofstatders Hofstadters crossed out :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I'd like to see our married scientists  and their single friend doing interesting and humorous things

I'd like to see that happen as well, but, alas I just don't see anything more than Shamy and their the humorous things they do. The rest of the cast gets to stand around and support the shamy.

11 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

They could probably lose him for two or three months. Maybe he gets amnesia. :sarcastichand:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jonny said:

If there is no cliffhanger there is no incentive for people to watch in September. I would guess this seasons finale will be big numbers. Giving clues in earlier episodes IMO serves no purpose.

4 minutes ago, chucky said:

I'd like to see that happen as well, but, alas I just don't see anything more than Shamy and their the humorous things they do. The rest of the cast gets to stand around and support the shamy.

They could probably lose him for two or three months. Maybe he gets amnesia. :sarcastichand:

Or he can’t talk to women again

• Like 2