The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

OMG! I would love to see that.

How can you be sure she shaved them? I can't tell from the pic.

I have no idea what kind of dress it will be. Has anyone gotten any more info on this to make this determination? I still don't expect it to be too modern.

I'm still hoping for a replica of Sarah Jane's dress from The Pyramids of Mars if they can't get the original. 

17 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Second, this episode really lays on the Sheldon-on-the-spectrum image.  Sheldon avoids eye contact throughout the flashback.  

I have a son with Asperger's and he always adored watching Sheldon because he said Sheldon was the only person on TV like him. Of course now it's the Good Doctor, and Freddie does that well, but my son still likes Sheldon.

2 hours ago, spidergirl said:

There are two possible scenarios imo for we see the wedding dress before the ceremomy, which was a disapointing fact for me from this taping as well: or we will see a different dress in the wedding whatever the reason or we wont see the wedding just like we did not see the Amy's yes to Sheldon proposal. I must say after all those wedding preparations the fact we might not see the ceremony seem a bit off . But it is tbbt we are talking about and the weddings ceremony usuall are not very conventional in this show, lol. I guess we will have to wait and see how this wedding will come up.

I do not need to see the whole wedding and I hope actually that I do not.

• Like 4
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

2 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I have a son with Asperger's and he always adored watching Sheldon because he said Sheldon was the only person on TV like him. Of course now it's the Good Doctor, and Freddie does that well, but my son still likes Sheldon.

I think that Jim, which is true for all serious actors, did an in-depth study on Asperger's so he got that part of the character right.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I'm still hoping for a replica of Sarah Jane's dress from The Pyramids of Mars if they can't get the original. 

I want one of those. My oldest son wants a Doctor Who wedding. He wants to be Patrick Troughton's Doctor but we can't think of a single dress from that time period that is suitable. I'd love to see Sheldon have something Doctor Who related in the wedding.

Didn't Sheldon state that he didn't want anything to do with planning? Something like tell me when I will be there.

3 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I want one of those. My oldest son wants a Doctor Who wedding. He wants to be Patrick Troughton's Doctor but we can't think of a single dress from that time period that is suitable. I'd love to see Sheldon have something Doctor Who related in the wedding.

Well, Sheldon is a Who-ster. :icon_wink:

Just now, Chrismo said:

Didn't Sheldon state that he didn't want anything to do with planning? Something like tell me when I will be there.

Yeah he did, but you know Sheldon has to put his opinion on everything!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I'd love to see Sheldon have something Doctor Who related in the wedding.

If it's going to be a Pyramids Of Mars dress, then it's the Tom Baker Doctor, so .............

106186_wb_0017bc_2.jpg

2 minutes ago, chucky said:

I was expecting  a " Little House on the Prairie" wedding.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

That changed ages ago. If I remember rightl Amy didn't want that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

I think Sheldon would have a conniption fit over that suggestion! 

• Like 1

Just now, chucky said:

I think Sheldon would have a conniption fit over that suggestion! 

Well it is his big day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

That changed ages ago. If I remember rightl Amy didn't want that.

I think that changed right around the time they threw tests at the gang to see who would be MOH and Best Man.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Clearly he changed his mind as many people do...he had been very involved in the planning. Appropriately so...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Well it is his big day.

Amy would fight him over that. You saw how Amy was at Bernadettes wedding.

1 minute ago, chucky said:

Amy would fight him over that. You saw how Amy was at Bernadettes wedding.

But Bernadette is a supporting character

10 minutes ago, chucky said:

Well, Sheldon is a Who-ster. :icon_wink:

Why is it bad to have an opinion and be invested in your wedding? My ex hubby helped plan everything. He was very involved...this should not be seen as a negative. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chucky said:

....Noticed you went wit the pre plaid look. :icon_wink:

Definitively!

n_0420.gif.fdfcad196fc569dcbfed0c6ad8c2f165.gif

And I wouldn't like to live on Mars either. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, veejay said:

Definitively!

n_0420.gif.fdfcad196fc569dcbfed0c6ad8c2f165.gif

And I wouldn't like to live on Mars either. :icon_cheesygrin:

She does look good wearing black! :icon_twisted:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Actually, in the book Laura got married in a black dress because it was the only new dress she had. White wedding dresses did not become common in that part of the country until much later, and only then for wealthier women, because they were so impractical for farm work. If you were a woman in that time period you have a better chance of being one of the women who picked the cotton or one of the women sewed those dresses by candlelight than being the woman who would wear a light colored, lace trimmed, fancy dress. I work at a historical farm and this is the closest thing to a wedding dress I've ever seen in an actual prairie dress.

dresspioneer.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Sah said:

Why is it bad to have an opinion and be invested in your wedding? My ex hubby helped plan everything. He was very involved...this should not be seen as a negative. 

I never said it was a negative.I just meant Sheldon likes to give his opinion on everything.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chucky said:

I never said it was a negative.I just meant Sheldon likes to give his opinion on everything.

Since Sheldon is very much a traditionalist and doesn't like change it is a negative.

6 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Since Sheldon is very much a traditionalist and doesn't like change it is a negative.

Not necessarily. If you want to think it's a negative, go for it. That was not my intention and since it's my thoughts, then I must be right.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

i have noticed that Roseanne’s ratings are a few million more than TBBT. Kind of guess that goes against the idea that there aren’t any more viewers that TBBT could be wooing back.

• Like 1