[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

3 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

i have noticed that Roseanne’s ratings are a few million more than TBBT. Kind of guess that goes against the idea that there aren’t any more viewers that TBBT could be wooing back.

Roseanne's ratings could just be a curiosity thing. People checking it out to see what's up. We'll have to wait and see. But, then again. you may possibly be right.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Actually, in the book Laura got married in a black dress because it was the only new dress she had. White wedding dresses did not become common in that part of the country until much later, and only then for wealthier women, because they were so impractical for farm work. If you were a woman in that time period you have a better chance of being one of the women who picked the cotton or one of the women sewed those dresses by candlelight than being the woman who would wear a light colored, lace trimmed, fancy dress. I work at a historical farm and this is the closest thing to a wedding dress I've ever seen in an actual prairie dress.

dresspioneer.jpg

Great post and some wonderful points @Die Zimtzicke !  What we consider "traditional" such as white wedding dresses and engagement rings are much more recent than we realize.  Thanks for posting!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

That changed ages ago. If I remember rightl Amy didn't want that.

Amy never said she didn't want that...she was ok with whatever Sheldon wanted as he was getting too stressed out. She would have been fine to have his help or not.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

i have noticed that Roseanne’s ratings are a few million more than TBBT. Kind of guess that goes against the idea that there aren’t any more viewers that TBBT could be wooing back.

The shows are on different nights. They are not competitors. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Helga?

A German woman. Secretary to the colonel and the captain. Yelled ' COME IN'. Courted by  Herr Flick but married Lieutenant Hubert Gruber the little tank driver.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

It's a curiosity that is getting publicity in every section of the newspaper/Internet because of the unexpected politics of the show.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

It's a curiosity that is getting publicity in every section of the newspaper/Internet because of the unexpected politics of the show.

Episode 2 had very little politics and last night had none.  But yes there is the curiosity factor like with Will & Grace. I expect the show eventually will level off at 8-12 Million which would for ABC is still very good. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

The shows are on different nights. They are not competitors. 

I get it’s a different night. But they still are competitors. Can’t say that the show was the number 1 comedy for the last two weeks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Episode 2 had very little politics and last night had none.  But yes there is the curiosity factor like with Will & Grace. I expect the show eventually will level off at 8-12 Million which would for ABC is still very good. 

Right now, Barr is all over the news media for her politics and everyone and their uncle is analyzing it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Right now, Barr is all over the news media for her politics and everyone and their uncle is analyzing it.

I Know that but as long as it doesn't affect the show I don't care and so far it hasn't. I don't care what her beliefs are (She entitled like anyone else) just as long as the show is good

At least she didn't drug and rape/sexually assaulted 60+ women

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

All the Germans I have ever met, have been nice.

Even some of the Germans I haven't actually met (like a certain very beautiful policewoman) have seemed nice. :) 

What about Half Germans? :shy:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I Know that but as long as it doesn't affect the show I don't care and so far it hasn't. I don't care what her beliefs are (She entitled like anyone else) just as long as the show is good

At least she didn't drug and rape/sexually assaulted 60+ women

All the analysis is free PR for the show.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I want one of those. My oldest son wants a Doctor Who wedding. He wants to be Patrick Troughton's Doctor but we can't think of a single dress from that time period that is suitable. I'd love to see Sheldon have something Doctor Who related in the wedding.

A coworker of mine had a Doctor Who influenced wedding.  The Bridesmaids wore Tardis blue dresses and carried lanterns.  The next day the Bride and Groom met David Tennant at a Con.

Edited by Carm6773
  • It's a Tiara 1

4 hours ago, Chrismo said:

You mean like they could go off air for twenty years and have a big audience for the new episode one? Not so sure that strategy would work for TBBT. In 20 years there might be nothing but streaming services.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Great post and some wonderful points @Die Zimtzicke !  What we consider "traditional" such as white wedding dresses and engagement rings are much more recent than we realize.  Thanks for posting!!!

In Laura's time you just got on a horse, went to a preacher, got married and went home to your farm. It's been awhile since I've read the books but I think they just had a couple of witnesses and no party at all. Sheldon would not like that and neither would Amy. They want all of their family and friends around and lots of attention

3 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

I would be totally shocked if politics never came up. I totally expect it. As for Barr, she's entitled to her opinion like anyone else. No one has to agree with her or disagree with her, though.

2 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I get it’s a different night. But they still are competitors. Can’t say that the show was the number 1 comedy for the last two weeks

Totally true. .

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I guess they'll fret over only having 13.25 million at eleven + years in and wonder, what happened to our viewership, where did they go?

• Like 5
  • Run to India 1

5 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Actually, I think I read that Roseanne's viewers dropped about 25% from the premiere episode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

I guess they'll fret over only having 13.25 million at eleven + years in and wonder, what happened to our viewership, where did they go?

I'm not sure what 11 years has anything to do with it. Viewership is tied together with money.  In actuality  YS is more profitable now than TBBT.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I was expecting  a " Little House on the Prairie" wedding.

19 hours ago, chucky said:

I think Sheldon would have a conniption fit over that suggestion! 

Could you blame him if he did? Hard to picture Sheldon dressing up as Charles Ingalls. They would also probably have him dress up as Michael Landon "Charles Ingalls" Character and not the real or the book Charles Ingalls. Long hair on Sheldon would not look good. 

But, on the other hand, I don't think Amy would be up for a  Battlestar Galacticaor or Star Trek Wedding 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

In Laura's time you just got on a horse, went to a preacher, got married and went home to your farm. It's been awhile since I've read the books but I think they just had a couple of witnesses and no party at all. Sheldon would not like that and neither would Amy. They want all of their family and friends around and lots of attention

That interesting because on the show Laura gets married in a White Dress  By the way that is very true, even in my great-great-grandmother time when she married (1913) that how it was: Woke Up, Went to a  Church (or JOTP) and Got Married with at least  couple witnesses and afterwards went home with your new spouse to the farm.  They may have been a small dinner party with likely a small group of Family at the bride's House but not some big lavish reception that is so common now. 

People also didn't go on a Honeymoon like they do now 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Could you blame him if he did? Hard to picture Sheldon dressing up as Charles Ingalls. They would also probably have him dress up as Michel Landon "Charles Ingalls" Character and not the real or the book Charles Ingalls. Long hair on Sheldon would not look good.  

But, on the other hand, I don't think Amy would be up for a  Battlestar Galacticaor or Star Trek Wedding 

I would be disappointed if we don’t have them stretch a theme to have something like Flash Gordon goes to the little house on the prairie.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

I would be disappointed if we don’t have them stretch a theme to have something like Flash Gordon goes to the little house on the prairie.

Perhaps the Flash. Not Flash Gordon. But I kind of think Amy would want Sheldon to act kind of grown up.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

Perhaps the Flash. Not Flash Gordon. But I kind of think Amy would want Sheldon to act kind of grown up.
Hasn't Amy been waiting for that to happen for years

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic