The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

I thought about that but the article gave me the impression that her miscarriage happened more then a year and a half ago.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, bfm said:

Lots of cakes for Lenny this episode... I hope it was some Sci-Fi thing and that's why she turned it down and not just a very big cake which will make it another fat joke, TPTB's new treat for us.

It was probably a Toy Story Wedding Cake lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, bfm said:

I thought about that but the article gave me the impression that her miscarriage happened more then a year and a half ago.

I'm with you on this one, I got that feeling that her miscarriage was something from the past and not a recent event. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bfm said:

Lots of cakes for Lenny this episode... I hope it was some Sci-Fi thing and that's why she turned it down and not just a very big cake which will make it another fat joke, TPTB's new treat for us.

It was pop culture-related. I can't remember if it was 'Doctor Who,' 'Star Trek,' 'Star Wars,' 'Lord of the Rings,' or what. While at the kitchen island, having tea and cookies, Bernie and Penny speculate about the theme of Shamy's wedding, Penny mentions the type of cake Leonard wanted, and then Penny accuses Bernadette of not paying attention to her, prompting Bernie to spill the beans about her pregnancy.

46 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

It was probably a Toy Story Wedding Cake lol.

No, but that would have been a nice homage to the original wedding vows. Lol

Edited by Kev0821
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

It was pop culture-related. I can't remember if it was 'Doctor Who,' 'Star Trek,' 'Star Wars,' 'Lord of the Rings,' or what.

:icon_biggrin: Something to watch for when it airs then.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Nice find @vonmar

It's easy to speculate considering we know Amy has a father now and some of us are hoping we might see him in person. But could he possibly be playing that role? I've seen actors play different roles on the same show, hell I saw the same actor play 3 different roles on the X-Files over the years.

Seeing how he's played himself two times to do an interview I'm gonna put my money on him doing the same again. Question then is who'll be interviewed and why?

Knowing the show I also wouldn't expect an immediate follow up on Amy's dad. You know, low expectations and all that...

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 1

Amy's a supporting character and al, that lol. I doubt they would explore Amy's father. I mean heck, we only saw her Mum in via Skype in S4. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

I actually think theirs more story potential in Howard's father. Based on all the differing angles established S6 The Closet Reconfiguration. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, April said:

Seeing how he's played himself two times to do an interview I'm gonna put my money on him doing the same again. Question then is who'll be interviewed and why?

Knowing the show I also wouldn't expect an immediate follow up on Amy's dad. You know, low expectations and all that...

I think he'll be playing himself again.  Perhaps he'll interview Amy about her research project in Princeton?

• Like 5
  • Koala Face 1

35 minutes ago, April said:

Probably right, but I can't see why they would be interviewed now. They haven't had a discovery or anything. The guidance system project would be under a NDA.

If they can show Bernie's parents they can show Amy's. No excuses in my mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, A Shamy gal said:

I think he'll be playing himself again.  Perhaps he'll interview Amy about her research project in Princeton?

That would be great, actually! And a nice follow up to Sheldon giving Amy more time in the spotlight thing from 11x01.

Also, as Jonny said, there isn't really anything that the guys did recently that warrants an interview - unless the interview is about how they got nothing noteworthy done in recent years.

The only other thing I can think of is them actually giving Raj something job related. They've been musing about it in interviews so who knows, maybe he makes a discovery of some sorts?

• Like 4
  • Koala Face 1

3 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

Additional BTS:

Kaley flubbed a line at the 4A kitchen island. When telling Bernie about how Leonard wanted a certain wedding cake that she shot down, Kaley said 'Sheldon' instead of 'Leonard.' She realized that she said the wrong name, and the audience clapped for her.

Mayim realized that she needed to have a cup in her hand, while filming a Princeton room scene. They stopped and she reset herself.

Kaley acknowledged a fan wearing a 'Bazinga' shirt, while talking with the audience.

After crossing the street from the taping, I saw Kevin Sussman in the passenger seat of Kunal's vehicle.

Thanks so much for all the info @Kev0821! Love all the little  tidbits you are giving us. You're a rock star!!! (Or a gifted  scientist your choice!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • It's a Tiara 2

2 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

It was pop culture-related. I can't remember if it was 'Doctor Who,' 'Star Trek,' 'Star Wars,' 'Lord of the Rings,' or what. While at the kitchen island, having tea and cookies, Bernie and Penny speculate about the theme of Shamy's wedding, Penny mentions the type of cake Leonard wanted, and then Penny accuses Bernadette of not paying attention to her, prompting Bernie to spill the beans about her pregnancy.

No, but that would have been a nice homage to the original wedding vows. Lol

Oh thanks. Yeah the Shamy wedding might be weird in its style. Also explains Kaley's mistake.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, bfm said:

Oh thanks. Yeah the Shamy wedding might be weird in its style. Also explains Kaley's mistake.

I hope and expect they find some middle ground when it comes to the wedding. Like I could see Amy wanting something more traditional and Sheldon wanting something very different.

I think it has to be perfect for both of them.

Edited by Jonny
  • Koala Face 2
  • It's a Tiara 1

27 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I hope and expect they find some middle ground when it comes to the wedding. Like I could see Amy wanting something more traditional and Sheldon wanting something very different.

I think it has to be perfect for both of them.

Will we end up with something like raggedy C3PO? :icon_wink:

Edited by bfm
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bfm said:

Will we end up with something like raggedy C3PO? :icon_wink:

God I hope not!

The whole nerdvana wedding really doesn't appeal to me. Don't think it would be a good example of taking the middle ground on planning either if that happened.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jonny said:

God I hope not!

The whole nerdvana wedding really doesn't appeal to me. Don't think it would be a good example of taking the middle ground on planning either if that happened.

Hard for me to see Shamy having a "typical" wedding, they will probably have at least some odd elements, some to his liking and some to hers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Koala Face 1

Just now, bfm said:

Hard for me to see Shamy having a "typical" wedding, they will probably have at least some odd elements, some to his liking and some to hers.

There will be some no doubt, I could picture Amy surprising Sheldon saying something in Klingon which could be adorkable. I think like you said it has to be "some to his liking and some to hers".

A full on nerd wedding is for Sheldon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jonny said:

There will be some no doubt, I could picture Amy surprising Sheldon saying something in Klingon which could be adorkable. I think like you said it has to be "some to his liking and some to hers".

The raggedy C3PO had the raggedy element...That's why I mentioned it. According to Sheldon it was a compromise, he lost ;).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bfm said:

The raggedy C3PO had the raggedy element...That's why I mentioned it. According to Sheldon it was a compromise, he lost ;).

True, but there is no way I could ever see Amy wearing that at her wedding lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I'm not so sure Sheldon will go for a full on nerd wedding, at least not since finding out he asked Amy's father for permission to marry her.  I think the full on nerd bit with be the reception after, but the wedding itself he may go the traditional route.  Although I've always said that I wanted Amy to say her vows in Klingon and Sheldon to say his vows in one of Amy's made up languages with Leonard and Penny interpreting for the guests.

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 3
  • Koala Face 1

8 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I wonder if they made Bernadette pregnant the first time because Melissa was pregnant and right after they tape that episode Melissa had her miscarriage? That Pregnancy kind was kind of a surprise as well even so Bernadette was starting to come round about having Kid but hadn't fully agreed to. 

I thought Melissa was pregnant by the way Bernadette was holding napkins and bags across her middle or standing behind furniture. It was sad Melissa had to carry on playing the part of someone pregnant. I hope she doesn't go through the same again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, April said:

We've seen Bernadette's dad a couple of times on the show and she has the least screen time of the main 7 so that argument holds no water.

I agree but not because of your reasoning. Bernadette's father appearing had to do more with Howard and even Sheldon  not really Bernadette. Howard still IMO is more of a main character than Amy. His father was part of Howard's story from the beginning. Any appearance of Amy's father will relate IMO to Sheldon or more likely trying to find a way to fill 47 more episodes. The repeated Bernadette pregnancy story is proof of that.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Jonny said:

True, but there is no way I could ever see Amy wearing that at her wedding lol.

I didn't mean they actually would LOL 

6 hours ago, bfm said:

If they wrote the pregnancy story after she'd lost a baby that was cruel. Horrible.

• Sad 1