The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

52 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Umm, no. This is a typical prairie dress. I am thinking of buying it for when I work at the living history farm this summer. Amy didn't even dress like a proper pioneer when she was trying to be a one. 

pioneer.jpg

You right.  I blame that on the fault of the Costume Designers. They clearly didn't do proper research on what Pioneer Women in the 1870s wore.  I mean how hard it is to put in an Epsidoe of Little House? 

By the way, you forgot the Hat. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

You right.  I blame that on the fault of the Costume Designers. They clearly didn't do proper research on what Pioneer Women in the 1870s wore.  

By the way, you forgot the Hat. 

I was going to mention that, but forgot.

4 hours ago, veejay said:

o_0649.gif.24d55e312bbddb4da3f4c6f42d29a04c.gif

I laugh every time I see it. :icon_wink:

That could be the line of the season......"It's a sort of grin. Do you want to know what kind?"!!!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My hometown is known for their tomatoes.  There is nothing better than eating a tomato that is still warm from the sun right there in the field.  Make sure you bring some salt with you to put on the tomato as well... that just makes it heavenly!  I believe our tomatoes' fertilizer was courtesy of the cows that were in the area. 

Yeah, I grew up in the sticks....

• Like 4
  • It's a Tiara 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Carm6773 said:

My hometown is known for their tomatoes.  There is nothing better than eating a tomato that is still warm from the sun right there in the field.  Make sure you bring some salt with you to put on the tomato as well... that just makes it heavenly!  I believe our tomatoes' fertilizer was courtesy of the cows that were in the area. 

Yeah, I grew up in the sticks....

I live in an urban area, but have enough space in our yard to grow a few vegetables every summer.  There is nothing better than the tomatoes we grow back there.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

I live in an urban area, but have enough space in our yard to grow a few vegetables every summer.  There is nothing better than the tomatoes we grow back there.

My wife and I usually grow tomatoes, okra, and hot chilli peppers. The wife said the hotter the better.

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, chucky said:

Sometimes the early bird gets the worm or in this case a little advertisement for "Paw Works". :icon_cheesygrin:

As for other Shamy episodes this season, I record and FF over the Shamy parts.

So you are missing the two most interesting characters on the show.

Your loss hahahaha

• Haha 1
  • Koala Face 1

11 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

If Leonard isn't going to be best man, then perhaps Lenny skip the wedding and guard their beloved kitchen island in 4A instead. :sarcastichand:

I caught the episode where Sheldon and Amy evaluate their marital “seconds”. Stuart had the job for two days as Shelly’s second. Whaaat? 

I have no doubt they could put Leonard back on the shelf if it gets better laughs in the writers room. AND Leonard is a sunk cost. The brother is a part of the new franchise and hence a viable asset.

btw I came back after a long hiatus so it was “interesting” to watch the show through the S/A POV, seemingly,  from the off. And Penny is now declaring she is Amy’s best friend - not the other way around.  It was unsettling,    But c’est la guerre.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

I caught the episode where Sheldon and Amy evaluate their marital “seconds”. Stuart had the job for two days as Shelly’s second. Whaaat? 

I have no doubt they could put Leonard back on the shelf if it gets better laughs in the writers room. AND Leonard is a sunk cost. The brother is a part of the new franchise and hence a viable asset.

btw I came back after a long hiatus so it was “interesting” to watch the show through the S/A POV, seemingly,  from the off. And Penny is now declaring she is Amy’s best friend - not the other way around.  It was unsettling,    But c’est la guerre.

…and the battle isn't over yet. :shy:

n_0235.gif.f32df4af84cacdf5e9c2834bb6e1ce11.gif

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Nogravitasatall said:

So happy to read your post @Nogravitasatall ! I hope all is well!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It does seem that the writers are trying to change Amy to the cool one and Penny and Bernie into her posse.:scratchhead:

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, chucky said:

It does seem that the writers are trying to change Amy to the cool one and Penny and Bernie into her posse.:scratchhead:

Leonard reminded us last week that Amy is still 'weird'. She just looks normal standing next to Sheldon. They must have put that in for a reason.

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Leonard reminded us last week that Amy is still 'weird'. She just looks normal standing next to Sheldon. They must have put that in for a reason.

Yes, and the question is why! But with these writers, who knows?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

It was a gag, and it's true.

Amy is quirky and a bit weird, she always has been and that's not a bad thing (I love it) lol

• Like 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

3 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Amy is quirky and a bit weird, she always has been and that's not a bad thing (I love it) lol

It depends on someone's point of view. Some love it and some don't. Some see it as cute, while others see it as ridiculous. As I said different points of view. As for me, I can take it or leave it. Doesn't bother me one way or the other. :icon_wink:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jonny said:

As Amy herself said, 'Me likey !'

1 hour ago, chucky said:

I really don't see it. Amy is weird, quirky, peculiar... I just think Penny realized how much their relationship has grown and I really liked it. IMO, Amy is a true friend to Penny. 

• Like 8
  • It's a Tiara 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

19 minutes ago, bfm said:

I really don't see it. Amy is weird, quirky, peculiar... I just think Penny realized how much their relationship has grown and I really liked it. IMO, Amy is a true friend to Penny. 

Tomato, Ta-mah-to! You see it your way, I see it mine.

19 minutes ago, bfm said:

Friends! Yeah, right! True friends don't trick their friends to do tests that her monkeys do. That goes for Sheldon as well. True friends don't make their friends perform tests to see who will be their best man or Matron of Honor! Maybe your definition of friends is different to mine. :scratchhead:

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bfm said:

They complement one another - as in 'complete'.  

One's strength is the other's weakness, etc.

• Like 6
  • Run to India 1

4 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

They complement one another - as in 'complete'.  

One's strength is the other's weakness, etc.

Say what? Amy doesn't even complete her future husband.  Leonard makes a complete person with Penny. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 2

Just now, chucky said:

Say what? Amy doesn't even complete her future husband.  Leonard makes a complete person with Penny. 

Leonard and Penny's relationship is not a function of Penny's relationship with anyone else.

• Like 8