Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, chucky said:

I don't outright laugh as much as I did before. I did laugh during the Bill Gates episode. The others were more snickers and giggles with an occasional short laugh.

s_0216.gif.1022b318857af5885556d4fa68e4931a.gif   s_0217.gif.66e38e4df43d8e79c1e84d30ff9c1e28.gif

:icon_cheesygrin:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I see what you mean. You are not the only one who feels that way. It was expected that the show and characters would change and grow after so many years on the air. People are not the same Person they were 11 Years ago.  Most Shows that are on for 6+ Seasons changes over time and The Characters change/evolve over too over time whether it be in a good way or bad way. Most Shows cannot stay the same show they were in season 1 (And characters can't be the same as they were in season 1) after 10 seasons and still get great ratings. Characters have to show some growth over time like any real person. change and growth is not always a bad thing 

I do not think TBBT would have lasted 11 seasons if it stayed stuck in season 1 for this long.   I think some characters have changed for the better like Howard while others have gotten wort like Raj. Because now he can talk to women but always puts his foot in his mouth 

Seinfeld is one of the few shows out there that stayed intact for 9 seasons showing no changes in the show and no character growth. The characters were the same as they were in season 1 (maybe some had changed slightly but pretty much they were the same in season 9 as they were in season 1)  But Seinfeld is unique. Any kinds of changes the show made or any kind of real growth for the characters would have ruined it 

I agree that the characters will change over the years, but playing video games together is welded into their brains, as well as, reading comic books and having those discussions about Comic books. The whole episode don't have to be about that, but I would like to see the nerdy sides again. I guess those days are over. No matter how much they change, they're still nerds.

4 minutes ago, veejay said:

s_0216.gif.1022b318857af5885556d4fa68e4931a.gif   s_0217.gif.66e38e4df43d8e79c1e84d30ff9c1e28.gif

:icon_cheesygrin:

What others think is good or funny is something I can't guess. I only know what I like and think is funny.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chucky said:

I agree that the characters will change over the years, but playing video games together is welded into their brains, as well as, reading comic books and having those discussions about Comic books. The whole episode don't have to be about that, but I would like to see the nerdy sides again. I guess those days are over. No matter how much they change, they're still nerds.

You right. I still play Video Games though on the X-Box but not like I use to. They still read comic books and this week episode is about the comic book store.  They still go. I guess we are to believe that off screen they play Vidoe Games now and then especially Raj. People can outgrow being a nerd but I would say in some ways they are. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

And no more wedding planning.

At least there was some seasons in between weddings...not season after season after season...There will be no more wedding planning after this season. You are in luck!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sah said:

At least there was some seasons in between weddings...not season after season after season...There will be no more wedding planning after this season. You are in luck!

Looking back I could of lived with only Howdette's wedding planning.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sah said:

At least there was some seasons in between weddings...not season after season after season...There will be no more wedding planning after this season. You are in luck!

Remember, there's still Raj. What will the writers do with his character?  :scratchhead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, chucky said:

I agree that the characters will change over the years, but playing video games together is welded into their brains, as well as, reading comic books and having those discussions about Comic books. The whole episode don't have to be about that, but I would like to see the nerdy sides again. I guess those days are over. No matter how much they change, they're still nerds.

 

When  Jessica Radloff reviewed the Gates episode she made a comment on how's that boring because it's been repeated so many times. She doesn't get the point and I don't think she is alone. That's who the guys are.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chucky said:

Remember, there's still Raj. What will the writers do with his character?  :scratchhead:

Have him win the lottery and live happily ever after with Cinnamon...

  • Haha 4
  • Run to India 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bfm said:

 

I am actually bothered by Lenny not having kids yet, because it just seems so unrealistic to me. I would understand if they had something major their preoccupied with right now or if they were not ready, but it really doesn't feel like it.  It just feels like they live in a cartoon this way. Penny is probably the youngest in the group but she will be 33 next season, women's fertility drops around 35. If they want more than one kids they should get started or talk about freezing eggs. The excuses the writers keep giving feel just like that - excuses, made due to production considerations. The whole thing hinders my suspension of disbelief.

Couldn't have said it any better!

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sah said:

Have him win the lottery and live happily ever after with Cinnamon...

r_059.gif.8afa1bb72ef57e0335105c8049554595.gif

With a grim sense of humor.  :icon_cheesygrin:

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, chucky said:

Remember, there's still Raj. What will the writers do with his character?  :scratchhead:

Imo they would only need to write a good story for him, with targets for his life, you know. For living a nice life it is not necessary to get married and have children. There are happy people in these conditions as marriage and children Imo are not an obligation in life. They must be taken if makes sense to the person, not because most of people do though.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Sah said:

Have him win the lottery and live happily ever after with Cinnamon...

Cinnamon is the only one that understands him. Wondering if that now he doesn't have his parents money, is he still spoiling Cinnamon with the fancy food or Alpo out of the can? :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by chucky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chucky said:

What happened to the good old days when the four nerds would sit in 4A and have discussions about science, comic books and play video games? I know all, except Raj have wives and a finance, but, if the fanfiction writers can write them doing these things while in relationships, why can't this group of show writers not be able to do it?

I haven't read fanfiction that centers on these kind of things. My impression is that most are about relationships and have actually less "nerdy" passtimes than the show. Granted, I read only Lenny, Lenny+some of the rest or whole gang fanfiction, my impression about othet stories is from their summaries only. 

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I don't see the issue with relationship plots they tell now. Like, to me there isn't much of a difference from back in the day when the show was telling a ton of stories where the guys just tried to score women. It's the same thing, basically. Sure, back then they were all single and now most of them are coupled up - but the show always had these relationshippy standard sitcom scenarios.

Maybe one could fault the writers for decreasing the nerdy geek flavour of those stories but I guess there's just so much mileage you can get out of showing the same guys playing the same games for 10+ years. You gotta mix it up somehow and I can see they try but how satisfactory the end result feels is up to individual taste.

  • Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vonmar said:

From TV Guide

Mark Hamill to Guest Star in The Big Bang Theory's Season Finale

On Monday, CBS released the complete list of guest stars who'll be Sheldon (Jim Parsons) and Amy's (Mayim Bialik) wedding guests in the Season 11 finale of The Big Bang Theory, and there are some big names whose roles are shrouded in mystery.

Returning guest stars include Laurie Metcalf as Sheldon's mother Mary and Courtney Henggeleras his twin sister Missy, the latter of whom is making her first appearance since Season 1; John Ross Bowie as Kripke and Brian Posehn as Bert, the gang's CalTech coworkers; and Wil Wheatonas himself, Sheldon's frenemy. Lauren Lapkus, who's been seen on Orange Is the New Black but is perhaps best known as an incredible comic podcaster, will appear as comic book store employee Denise, who will be making her Big Bang debut in the April 19 episode (maybe she'll be Raj's [Kunal Nayyar] wedding date!).

Will The Big Bang Theory's Raj Find Love Before the Series Ends?

As previously announced, Jerry O'Connell will be making his first appearance on the show as Sheldon's older brother George Jr.

And that brings us to the first-time guest stars, whose character names and descriptions were not released. Guest stars include Kathy Bates, who starred in The Big Bang Theory co-creator Chuck Lorre's recently-canceled Netflix comedy Disjointed, and Teller, the silent half of magic duo Penn & Teller.

Oh, and Mark Hamill, who you may know as Luke Skywalker.

There are some notable absences, like June Squibb as Sheldon's Meemaw and Annie O'Donnell as Amy's mother. Maybe that part has been recast and Kathy Bates is Amy's mom and Mark Hamill is Amy's dad? Wouldn't that be weird! My real prediction is that he'll marry Sheldon and Amy.

In any case, it's gonna be a big, big party.

Glad that Missy is back! And great for those who wanted Hamill.

Sounds too crowded though...

  • Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna go out on a limb here and say getting Mark Hamill was the one casting bit blowing Prady's fanboy mind. Can't blame him. I wonder who he'll play.

Wonder what happened with Annie O'Donnell - wasn't she available or did they want to do something different with the role?? Or maybe she's just not listed yet??? Hmm... Always a  bit bummed on recastings but oh well...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bfm said:

I haven't read fanfiction that centers on these kind of things. My impression is that most are about relationships and have actually less "nerdy" passtimes than the show. Granted, I read only Lenny, Lenny+some of the rest or whole gang fanfiction, my impression about othet stories is from their summaries only. 

I've read a lot of stories, some have to an extent the guys playing video games and talking comic books while being in relationships. They're not totally about comic books and games, but they are playing the games and doing the comic book thing. Not all stories, but, there are some out there. The stories don't center on them, but at least it is in there. Your stories may not have it, but others do.

Edited by chucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, vonmar said:

From TV Guide

Mark Hamill to Guest Star in The Big Bang Theory's Season Finale

On Monday, CBS released the complete list of guest stars who'll be Sheldon (Jim Parsons) and Amy's (Mayim Bialik) wedding guests in the Season 11 finale of The Big Bang Theory, and there are some big names whose roles are shrouded in mystery.

Returning guest stars include Laurie Metcalf as Sheldon's mother Mary and Courtney Henggeleras his twin sister Missy, the latter of whom is making her first appearance since Season 1; John Ross Bowie as Kripke and Brian Posehn as Bert, the gang's CalTech coworkers; and Wil Wheatonas himself, Sheldon's frenemy. Lauren Lapkus, who's been seen on Orange Is the New Black but is perhaps best known as an incredible comic podcaster, will appear as comic book store employee Denise, who will be making her Big Bang debut in the April 19 episode (maybe she'll be Raj's [Kunal Nayyar] wedding date!).

Will The Big Bang Theory's Raj Find Love Before the Series Ends?

As previously announced, Jerry O'Connell will be making his first appearance on the show as Sheldon's older brother George Jr.

And that brings us to the first-time guest stars, whose character names and descriptions were not released. Guest stars include Kathy Bates, who starred in The Big Bang Theory co-creator Chuck Lorre's recently-canceled Netflix comedy Disjointed, and Teller, the silent half of magic duo Penn & Teller.

Oh, and Mark Hamill, who you may know as Luke Skywalker.

There are some notable absences, like June Squibb as Sheldon's Meemaw and Annie O'Donnell as Amy's mother. Maybe that part has been recast and Kathy Bates is Amy's mom and Mark Hamill is Amy's dad? Wouldn't that be weird! My real prediction is that he'll marry Sheldon and Amy.

In any case, it's gonna be a big, big party.

WeII, BiII Prady was right, my jaws just dropped and my head exploded!!! I think Amy's father might be TeIIer, they might make him not speak aIso in the show, this time because of his wife who interrupts him aII the time! As for HamiII, probably the journalist is right, he wouId be a good officiant! But it wouId be so exciting if he is Amy's dad!

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vonmar said:

From TV Guide

Mark Hamill to Guest Star in The Big Bang Theory's Season Finale

On Monday, CBS released the complete list of guest stars who'll be Sheldon (Jim Parsons) and Amy's (Mayim Bialik) wedding guests in the Season 11 finale of The Big Bang Theory, and there are some big names whose roles are shrouded in mystery.

Returning guest stars include Laurie Metcalf as Sheldon's mother Mary and Courtney Henggeleras his twin sister Missy, the latter of whom is making her first appearance since Season 1; John Ross Bowie as Kripke and Brian Posehn as Bert, the gang's CalTech coworkers; and Wil Wheatonas himself, Sheldon's frenemy. Lauren Lapkus, who's been seen on Orange Is the New Black but is perhaps best known as an incredible comic podcaster, will appear as comic book store employee Denise, who will be making her Big Bang debut in the April 19 episode (maybe she'll be Raj's [Kunal Nayyar] wedding date!).

Will The Big Bang Theory's Raj Find Love Before the Series Ends?

As previously announced, Jerry O'Connell will be making his first appearance on the show as Sheldon's older brother George Jr.

And that brings us to the first-time guest stars, whose character names and descriptions were not released. Guest stars include Kathy Bates, who starred in The Big Bang Theory co-creator Chuck Lorre's recently-canceled Netflix comedy Disjointed, and Teller, the silent half of magic duo Penn & Teller.

Oh, and Mark Hamill, who you may know as Luke Skywalker.

There are some notable absences, like June Squibb as Sheldon's Meemaw and Annie O'Donnell as Amy's mother. Maybe that part has been recast and Kathy Bates is Amy's mom and Mark Hamill is Amy's dad? Wouldn't that be weird! My real prediction is that he'll marry Sheldon and Amy.

In any case, it's gonna be a big, big party.

Hamill will be in finale, this is exciting! Wheter Hamill will be Amy's dad( crossing fingers) or he will be whom will marry Shamy, it sounds good to me.

Regards Kathy Bates as Amy's mum, it might be a litle weird since she looks so different than the  former actress who performed Amy's mum...but I guess we will have to wait and see how it will turn in end.

And last but not least , it seems a too crowded episode. I think all these Caltech staff would not be necessary as wedding guests because probably each one will have a line to say,  but maybe I will be nicely surprised.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bfm said:

Sounds too crowded though...

It's Shamy's wedding. Just like Sheldon's birthday party. What, no Beverly? I thought she was Sheldon's favorite person outside of the gang.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some exciting and interesting names but boy does it sound crowded. 20 mins and all those guests? I thought the renewal of vows ceremony in 10.1 had too many and that sounds small compared to this.

Sorry if that goes against all the excitement on here, just being honest.

  • Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.