In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

34 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

And even less nerd scenes in the last 3-4 years which really has nothing much to do with Leonard and Penny.

Exactly. That aspect of the show has been virtually abandoned across the spectrum, in favour of the usual sitcom concept. However, because the ratings are still top drawer, the writers clearly have no motivation to change back.

Ah, wait! Here's an even better example -  Bakersfield Expedition. I for one enjoyed it from start to finish. The balance was there - the girls want to better understand their mates and share their interest in comics. The boys suffer the slings and arrows of a world which slags off nerd activities.

Come on, who did not laugh at the Thor's Hammer debate and Bernadette's yelling "YOU DON'T KNOW HIS LIFE!" How very, very funny!

Edited by GivesAWhit
American spell check reared its head.
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, Shanban said:

Her mom has been seen on webcam and she has no known siblings. Her dad is int he picture and will be in the finale. She has some great aunts that Sheldon has been rude about.

She also has grandparents. We know one grandmother is dead but not how many grandparents are still alive.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

All these selfies are great fun - thanks to those who are posting them. It's such a pleasure to see the cast and staff mugging and enjoying time with their heroes. A nice way for them to end a season of hard work on a special note. :yes:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, GivesAWhit said:

All these selfies are great fun - thanks to those who are posting them. It's such a pleasure to see the cast and staff mugging and enjoying time with their heroes. A nice way for them to end a season of hard work on a special note. :yes:

The pictures most likely better than the actual episode 

• Haha 2
  • Run to India 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, GivesAWhit said:

I can't wait til the episode the spoilers need to come now 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GivesAWhit said:

Though I see why a specific diagnosis is not stated, I also wish it were sometimes. While it's true that laughing at him would then often be off-limits, it might also temper some of the very harsh opinions of him.

Sheldon's synesthesia wasn't named either, and it was a missed opportunity to reinforce the idea that some people's perceptions are expanded, enhanced, or simply different. If he sees prime numbers as pink, his view of a formula or even a restaurant bill will differ greatly from the average person's.

Sah, have you seen "The Good Doctor"? I have been following it and I think it's a wonderfully written show. The plots are satisfying and it really does help me to better understand the main character's journey through the ordinary world.  Sheldon has been re-written to be a complete ass, so Dr. Murphy has replaced him as my quirky character of interest.

I have not yet had the opportunity to watch it. It is on my list of shows that I want to view. I have heard great things about it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sah said:

I have not yet had the opportunity to watch it. It is on my list of shows that I want to view. I have heard great things about it. 

Oh Sah, I think it is not only an excellent show, superbly written and acted, but very much in your wheelhouse. Do let me know what you think after you've given it a look. As interesting as I found Sheldon early on, he doesn't have a patch on the insight provided by the Sean Murphy character. (Allowing of course that one is a comedy, the other a drama.)

Edited by GivesAWhit
Inserted missing word
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, GivesAWhit said:

Interesting decor. Looks like something from the BBC "Sherlock" series, especially the wallpaper.

It's the Atheneum, there was the same decor, waIIpaper and paintings on the waII in the episode about the wedding Iocation

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

Just now, mirs1 said:

It's the Atheneum, there was the same decor, waIIpaper and paintings on the waII in the episode about the wedding Iocation

Yes, so I see. So it looks like that is where the wedding will take place?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GivesAWhit said:

Yes, so I see. So it looks like that is where the wedding will take place?

It seems so, but with TBBT weddings you'II never know, Iet's say the ceremony starts at the Atheneum, where it ends is anybody's guess, ahahah!

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, GivesAWhit said:

Though the Planetarium had a certain panache, I quite like this venue. 

There was a number of ridiculous demands IIRC in that episode for them to actually secure the venue, so much so that Amy didn't want her/their wedding ruined by them. Truth be told I was actually quite proud of them at the time for standing up and not letting their wedding being dictated by him someone especially who is in no shape or form a friend to either of them and is a work colleague at best. If I was them there is no way I would want to pay for his prostitute date to the wedding and allow him to drunkenly sing.

Will be interested to see if they did indeed cave in and at what price. In 24 hours we will know :)

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

There was a number of ridiculous demands IIRC in that episode for them to actually secure the venue, so much so that Amy didn't want her/their wedding ruined by them. Truth be told I was actually quite proud of them at the time for standing up and not letting their wedding being dictated by him someone especially who is in no shape or form a friend to either of them and is a work colleague at best. If I was them there is no way I would want to pay for his prostitute date to the wedding and allow him to drunkenly sing.

Will be interested to see if they did indeed cave in and at what price. In 24 hours we will know :)

I must agree - I'll be somewhat put off if they give in to Kripke's extortion. Though he should not by rights have been invited, I suppose he is one of the more integral semi-regulars. He can also be quite funny, so let's hope he makes a worthy enough comedy contribution to justify his presence.

6 minutes ago, GivesAWhit said:

I must agree - I'll be somewhat put off if they give in to Kripke's extortion. Though he should not by rights have been invited, I suppose he is one of the more integral semi-regulars. He can also be quite funny, so let's hope he makes a worthy enough comedy contribution to justify his presence.

Kripke singing would be great. Isn't the show supposed be a comedy?

• Like 2

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic