In Memoriam: Mike (walnutcowboy) has passed away

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

2 minutes ago, GivesAWhit said:

As I said, he can be quite funny, so whatever his contribution, let's hope that is the emphasis. 

He could point out he sent naked pictures to Amy.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Run to India 2

18 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Probably would of had the nausea by now.

:scratchhead:?? My reply was in reference to saving the Kripke photos, not the nausea.

That lemon has been squeezed bone dry and personally, I really hope there will be no more pregnancy/baby plots, unless it is in the very last episode of the run.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GivesAWhit said:

Come on, who did not laugh at the Thor's Hammer debate and Bernadette's yelling "YOU DON'T KNOW HIS LIFE!" How very, very funny!

One of the best lines of the show, IMO. Not because of the line itself but due to Melissa's wonderful performance.

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

There was a number of ridiculous demands IIRC in that episode for them to actually secure the venue, so much so that Amy didn't want her/their wedding ruined by them. Truth be told I was actually quite proud of them at the time for standing up and not letting their wedding being dictated by him someone especially who is in no shape or form a friend to either of them and is a work colleague at best. If I was them there is no way I would want to pay for his prostitute date to the wedding and allow him to drunkenly sing.

Will be interested to see if they did indeed cave in and at what price. In 24 hours we will know :)

I would like to hear Kripke's rendition of "Volare".

• Like 3

Just now, bfm said:

One of the best lines of the show, IMO. Not because of the line itself but due to Melissa's wonderful performance.

Absolutely, her delivery was everything. Though it's also funny to think what a comic book character's emotional baggage might be...

I missed her while she was away, especially now they have toned down her screeching voice and bullying of Howard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bfm said:

Come on, who did not laugh at the Thor's Hammer debate and Bernadette's yelling "YOU DON'T KNOW HIS LIFE!" How very, very funny!

Between the arguments about Thor's hammer and  Melissa's quote and Penny's question "...did I pick up the girl?", that was a hilarious episode for the girls!!!

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, hokie3457 said:

Between the arguments about Thor's hammer and  Melissa's quote and Penny's question "...did I pick up the girl?", that was a hilarious episode for the girls!!!

Yep, and the episode was 100% geek-centric. So that is what I mean when I say that a balance of those elements can indeed make for successful "mainstream" comedy.

• Like 1

I'm guessing odds are quite low for something decent for us Lennys, but I hope they at least have a nice Leonard-Sheldon or Lenny-Sheldon scene when he/they support their ersatz-little brother/child. They could think back to the early days, that would be fitting for this episode.

• Like 4

Just now, bfm said:

I'm guessing odds are quite low for something decent for us Lennys, but I hope they at least have a nice Leonard-Sheldon or Lenny-Sheldon scene when he/they support their ersatz-little brother/child. They could think back to the early days, that would be fitting for this episode.

For the longest time, I thought of the Leonard-Sheldon friendship as the central relationship. Even if that is no longer true, I too would like to see a scene demonstrating their bond. 

I also hope that as this is the last episode of the season, that the Lennys are given a substantial morsel before the hiatus. Quite honestly, I thought both of their weddings were slap dash and sub-par. It was a real let down, even for a non-shipper like me.

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

I'm guessing that the best we can hope for is a little scene by the iconic island for our Lenny.

image.png.b994444622b659bc8015c754591d2d66.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, luminous said:

Not sure if this is the place for it, but Mr. Hamill has really embraced his role as an elder statesman in both the Star Wars universe and in his public persona.  It has been a revelation to see him connecting with all age groups due in large part to The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi.  That he uses that persona to further causes he believes in (whether you agree with him/them or not) in a mature and respectful manner just adds (for me anyway) to his appeal.  He is truly a treasure.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, GivesAWhit said:

I also hope that as this is the last episode of the season, that the Lennys are given a substantial morsel before the hiatus.

Not going to happen in my opinion, I'm thinking this finale will be just like last season, all about Sheldon/Shamy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lagernisse said:

Not going to happen in my opinion, I'm thinking this finale will be just like last season, all about Sheldon/Shamy.

But in the Lenny thread you wrote you are hoping for some nice and cute Lenny scenes in this final episode of season 11. :icon_wink:

2 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

As much as I would love that to happen, I don't trust the writers to let any thing take away from the "Shamy" wedding.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, luminous said:

But in the Lenny thread you wrote you are hoping for some nice and cute Lenny scenes in this final episode of season 11. :icon_wink:

Yes, I really hope for some nice Lenny scenes but I think we will get an all Shamy episode.

• Like 2

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic