The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Looking from the outside,  American TV seems to be rather rigid with set numbers of episodes and so on, always starting and finishing at the same time of year, but is it possible they have a surprise up their sleeve for viewers this time ? Might they give us a longer than usual episode for once ? Or is it against the rules ?

Would the long taping have been due to a lot of rewrites on the night, with the cast being so excited by the presence of so many stars they fluffed the lines a lot ? Or could it be there was more script to get through ? Can we hope ?

• Like 2
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, KripkeRules said:

Wow, what an amazing episode, Thank you so much, @brilliantfool!!!

I just have one small question: Is there a cliffhanger or tease or something for S.12?

Thanks a lot!!!

1 minute ago, KripkeRules said:

Wow, what an amazing episode, Thank you so much, @brilliantfool!!!

I just have one small question: Is there a cliffhanger or tease or something for S.12?

Thanks a lot!!!

thankyou brilliantfool can ask one question did Sheldon amy have weddings vowels did they kiss as husband wife

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

But that begs the question why can’t every episode be excellent?  Group episodes, no bickering and a couple others I can’t say. Do you see my confusion?

Of course I do! :shy:

• Like 2

Did they have a ceremony, like walking down the aisle, vows, first kiss and first dance? BTW, thank you for the report.

Sent from my 8063 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, veejay said:

Of course I do! :shy:

3 minutes ago, ajond said:

(Sigh) another episode to give a wide berth to.

I wish I would of thought of that instead of Chandler Bing

Just now, brilliantfool said:

No cliffhanger!

the tag is the scene where Lenny being Shamy some presents that were sent to their apt instead and one of them is Stephen  hawking’s present :) it’s a pocket watch :)

Wow, can it be any better?

A tribute to Mr. Hawking!

Thank you so so much!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

No cliffhanger!

the tag is the scene where Lenny being Shamy some presents that were sent to their apt instead and one of them is Stephen  hawking’s present :) it’s a pocket watch :)

Btw they didn’t show us 11x23 before the taping! They showed the wedding dresses episode instead

I knew they would have made a tribute to Hawking in the finale! that sounds a sweet one!

• Like 6
  • Koala Face 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

I thought today’s episode was great because it was mostly a group episode, we got to see so many parents / siblings interactions, no petty fights, instead it celebrates friendship (beautiful Leonard / Sheldon scene and Howard got this amazing present to Sheldon), Sheldon wasn’t mean to anybody, and they found a beautiful way to incorporate science in a wedding episode - because of a line Amy said about Sheldon’s bow tie and then his mom mentioning something about imperfections (sweet scene with Mary in the groom room) he had this scientific breakthrough - he went to share that with Amy and she was blown away and they’ve both started working on it in the bride room , they had no board / papers so they were writing with lipstick on a mirror 🙈

Then Leonard came in and was like are you guys crazy , you’re stalling your own wedding... Then he saw the equations and was so blown away he joined them

Then Penny saved the day ;)

(She also sassed and shushed Amy’s mom when she was being a bitch)

Also they managed to incorporate a tribute to Stephen Hawking in the tag with the wedding theme... I just thought it was so flawless and so TBBT that they find ways to do that, make a big milestone episode like that but stay essentially them

Ofc you might see it differently, feel there wasn’t enough Shamy or Lenny depending on your preferences, but for me it was a solid beautiful group episode 

Honestly I have a feeling it will be a longer episode ... Cause it’s the longest taping I’ve been to AND half of the scenes were pre-taped

But also missy, Mary, Georgie and Amy’s parents didn’t have much screen time (whatever time they had was hilarious though ), it was mostly main cast

Thank you. It sounds amazing :)

• Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Shelldon said:

But answer the important question...

What of Raj's love life occurs during the proceedings?

Who cares im waiting for His Visa to come through. SO they can box him to India. 

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Does the sister have a real job or is she financed by Kaley?

I'll say Kaley makes alot more then her yes naturally. 

• Run to India 1

16 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

They had vows, of course!! They were really beautiful 

and btw they’ve shot that scene in 1 take (the only scene of the night and the only time I ever remember that happening on any of the tapings I’ve attended!)

i remember somebody saying that the scene back in s6 where Penny told Leonard she loved him for the first time they’ve also shot in 1 take, some of the producers said it was so beautiful that they just knew that was it

so I thought it was fitting that the same happened now 

i don’t remember about the kiss I’m sorry! I wasn’t looking at the monitors but trying to look at the stage at that scene to see the guests reactions and stuff so I don’t remember that moment 

There weren’t actually many rewrites!

i felt like some of the breaks between scenes  were longer due to the make up / dresses and stuff, like Amy’s wedding dress, and for the big wedding scene they had to set up the stage...

also there weren’t many messed up lines from the actors either! Definitely less than in the previous episode 

Nothing 😂 some of Stuart’s love life occurs though ! 🙈

I don’t think so! But It might have been hidden by her vale maybe? (Don’t remember a vale though) In any case it was not mentioned!

StuartxDenise?

Raj is going to lose the happiness race to Stuart?

• Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

Nothing 😂 some of Stuart’s love life occurs though ! 🙈

I think I would have actually preferred Denise be a character that isn't there to be a love interest/future love interest as it would likely be the kiss of death for her as a character especially if it was a relationship with Raj. Assuming Denise is the woman you are talking about (maybe she was Stuart's date to the wedding) I am glad it's Stuart she is accompanying and not Raj.

Nice to see Stuart get a kind of 'win' for a change :)

• Like 8
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Let's shake things off. Next season is coming up. :shy:

c_0109.gif.1d2602daa87de91da950bcb1ef3d9101.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Stuart deserved a win he has been denigrated so much since the early years it would be good to see the guy who got 2 dates with Penny again.

Raj has been an ass since s01e01 and has only gotten worse over the years hell he dosent deserve Cinnamon much less a girlfriend

Edited by JE7
  • Like 5

Forgot to add it's not that I don't want to see Raj actually find happiness at the end, like the others find this special person he can settle down and live his life with because I really do want to see this for all of them. It's just I honestly don't see anyone out there for him on the horizon, he hasn't changed a bit he still treats women abysmally and he doesn't value or respect the opposite sex.

Until he takes a long hard look at himself and changes (it's much deeper than cutting off financial dependence from his parents and a haircut) I don't see where his future happiness lies.

• Like 5
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1