[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

2 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

Who’s Denise, is she the comic book store girl ?

If yes then yeah... she was with Stuart : )

he’s asked her to go to the wedding with her, she thought it’d be weird... Then Howard comes in to the store and tells them who’s gonna officiate the wedding... She’s shocked and turns to Stuart and says he’s gotta but her a dress : )

and then in the wedding they have  this moment where she tells him he’s hot 😂 Cause he knew all the answers to the SW questions that people asked Mark Hamill and he was like so on point... knew every detail. Mark knew nothing 😂 (questions were asked cause they needed to stall, so Howard was like , who’s here a SW fan ? - everybody raised hands - even Amy’s dad and her mom destroyed him with her look 🙈 - so then Howard was like, Mark will answer your SW questions while we wait )

Thank you so much.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Stuart deserved a win he has been denigrated so much since the early years it would be good to see the guy who got 2 dates with Penny again

I used to feel like that too!

but now last few seasons they’ve denigrated him so much I feel there’s no way back 😂Like at this point it feels kinda weird he can be successful at all... still happy for him though, go Stuart !

Edited by brilliantfool
  • Like 9

Just now, brilliantfool said:

but now last few seasons they’ve denigrated him so much I feel there’s no way back 😂Like at this point it feels kinda weird he can be successful at all... still happy for him, go Stuart !

Good for Stuart. Raj should keep telling himself if Stuart can do it, then so should he and then believe it,

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Forgot to add it's not that I don't want to see Raj actually find happiness at the end, like the others find this special person he can settle down and live his life with because I really do want to see this for all of them. It's just I honestly don't see anyone out there for him on the horizon, he hasn't changed a bit he still treats women abysmally and he doesn't value or respect the opposite sex.

Until he takes a long hard look at himself and changes (it's much deeper than cutting off financial dependence from his parents and a haircut) I don't see where his future happiness lies.

Who's really surprised. :shy:

r_071.gif.95a81569e09291efbfe9d36ba936c640.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

but now last few seasons they’ve denigrated him so much I feel there’s no way back 😂Like at this point it feels kinda weird he can be successful at all... still happy for him though, go Stuart !

There is a lot of truth to what you say but it would still be a lot easier to redeem Stuart than Raj. One season left is enough time to recover "old" Stuart he is still there underneath.

Raj would have to be stripped down and completely rebuilt. And I still wouldn't believe it 

Edited by JE7
  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, veejay said:

Who's really surprised. :shy:

r_071.gif.95a81569e09291efbfe9d36ba936c640.gif

The only part I hated about that scene, except Raj being the ass that he is, was Leonard not letting Penny kick his condescending egotistical ass. Raj has deserved a good old fashioned ass kicking since pre Howard/Bernadette married days.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, bfm said:
5 hours ago, Carlos said:

Btw TPTB didn't get Bruce Wayne on the show, since...well.. he doesn't exist. They got Adam West, the actor who played him and Batman on the 60's TV show.

Oh the shame! My complete ignorance of superhero franchises exposed! Thanks though - at least I won't make that gaffe again. :drinks:

I was the one who startes this and I really think I should get credit for being in the ballpark! LOL 

Feels like when Penny didn't get credit for "Beta Test"...

Yeah, thanks a lot, bfm! You dragged me into the quicksand along with you, humph! But I agree, we were at least in the Batman universe, eh? :victory:

• Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, JE7 said:

There is a lot of truth to what you say but it would still be a lot easier to redeem Stuart than Raj. One season left is enough time to recover "old" Stuart he is still there underneath.

Raj would have to be stripped down and completely rebuilt. And I still wouldn't believe it 

Truth be told I think this would have been the perfect season to actually do it. Season 11 IMO should have been a season that is kind of an introspective for Raj that he makes changes and assesses himself. Then in Season 12 the newer Raj is unleashed and by Season end quite possibly Series end he's achieved it he's happy and perhaps about to start a new life with someone.

That's what I would have done, but I am no writer.

He got the planetarium and the haircut over a couple of episodes this season but that's about it, it's not enough IMO.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

So they married. Hehe. Wow.

Nice. Now his life changes...or will it? Leonard’s didn’t that much.

When this episode turns up here I’ll try to catch it first go. 

I don't think Howard or Leonard lives changed that much. They still embrace their nerdy sides and the wives allow it to a point. They both love their wives and will do anything for them. Although Howard has a healthy fear of Bernadette.  :sarcastichand:

Edited by chucky
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

At some point in the groom room they were talking and Leonard said ‘I’m happy for you... now you are officially and legally Amy’s problem’ and Sheldon says ‘aww Leonard.... I’m always gonna be your problem’ And Leonard hugs Sheldon and Sheldon doesn’t mind :)

thought some of you guys might dislike that line, but for me it was one of my favorite scenes 

That is weirdly sweet, haha!!

Thanks a ton for sharing all these spoilers. Sounds like a great episode! <3

• Like 4
  • Koala Face 1

2 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

At some point in the groom room they were talking and Leonard said ‘I’m happy for you... now you are officially and legally Amy’s problem’ and Sheldon says ‘aww Leonard.... I’m always gonna be your problem’ And Leonard hugs Sheldon and Sheldon doesn’t mind :)

thought some of you guys might dislike that line, but for me it was one of my favorite scenes 

I can just picture Leonard smiling and cringing at the same time. Probably thinking to himself, "Wait till Penny hears this". :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chucky said:

Good for Stuart. Raj should keep telling himself if Stuart can do it, then so should he and then believe it,

Somehow Raj managed to hold on to Emily for two years before reverting to Douche Ass Raj when he decided to drop her after his parents broke up. He needs to get himself together and remember how he attracted and kept someone before.

10 hours ago, Jonny said:

Truth be told I think this would have been the perfect season to actually do it. Season 11 IMO should have been a season that is kind of an introspective for Raj that he makes changes and assesses himself. Then in Season 12 the newer Raj is unleashed and by Season end quite possibly Series end he's achieved it he's happy and perhaps about to start a new life with someone.

That's what I would have done, but I am no writer.

He got the planetarium and the haircut over a couple of episodes this season but that's about it, it's not enough IMO.

Personally I think it would be (or would have been) a waste of screen time which could be better used to tie up some of the plot threads (tenure etc...) left dangling over the years as well as advancing lenny marriage and the other characters careers etc... in prep for the shows end

Thanks for the support @Shelldon I agree he should run to India asap

Edited by JE7
  • Like 1
  • Make a lot more sense than that 1

Just now, joyceraye said:

Somehow Raj managed to hold on to Emily for two years before reverting to Douche Ass Raj when he decided to drop her after his parents broke up. He needs to get himself together and remember how he attracted and kept someone before.

He can attract them, he just frucks it up time after time.

He was a douchebag towards the end of that relationship like you said, then you had him trying to create his own harem (an exaggeration lol not literally a harem, he was seeing two women at the same time).

1 minute ago, JE7 said:

Personally I think it would be (or would have been) a waste of screen time which could be better used to tie up some of the plot threads (tenure etc...) left dangling over the years as well as advancing lenny marriage and the other characters careers etc... in prep for the shows end

I dunno I think most of the characters I can see their endgame and it wouldn't take much to tie it all off in Season 12 if that is the end. Raj is by far IMO the one who needs the most work and would have justified having some major focus and development this season, all IMO of course.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brilliantfool said:

Hey guys! I’m sure somebody will give you a full TR so just wanted to share my overall impressions and BTS

I thought the episode was just perfect and for those of you who don’t like Shamy - I felt it was more like a tribute to TBBT overall than just them

So many guest stars , it was so cool to see missy and Georgie and Mary, also the actor who plays Luke Skywalker officiated the wedding (not a SW fan here so I don’t know him :) . Also we saw Amy’s parents, Bert, Wil Wheaton and Kripke, maybe somebody else in forgetting 

Bill Prady, Molaro and Chuck Lorre all went out for the curtain call 

WB president was there too at some point 

We got to see Mayim walking in the wedding dress up close 2 times as she walked from one side of the set to another 

Saw Bri Cuoco up there too with her and Kaley’s dad

There was a really sweet scene between Sheldon and Leonard, and Penny was amazing tonight 

The taping was long, 3,5 hours , even though there were so many pre-taped scenes (probably half)

Oh and a couple got engaged tonight! It’s the second time I’ve heard of that happening during tapings and I’ve always wanted to see that , it was so cool!

Thank you so much for the detailed reports, brilliantfool - it sounds like you had a wonderful time, and I have high hopes for the episode.

A call back to the Shelnard fellowship, joint SCIENCE subplot (woot!), Sheldon on good behaviour, a little happiness for Stuart, Penny riding herd on parents and friends alike, a galaxy of guest stars, Howard springing such a fantastic surprise, a pocket watch (yay!) from Stephen Hawking, and of course the unlikely couple moving on to the next stage of their life together...

I hope they actually have time for all of this because the balance I was talking about yesterday seems to have been positively stuffed into the finale. Thanks again for the excellent recaps!

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Somehow Raj managed to hold on to Emily for two years

I think that was out fear. Fear of Emily creepy side and fear of being along again. His greatest fear was of Emily's reaction to him breaking up with her.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jonny said:

He can attract them, he just frucks it up time after time.

He was a douchebag towards the end of that relationship like you said, then you had him trying to create his own harem (an exaggeration lol not literally a harem, he was seeing two women at the same time).

I dunno I think most of the characters I can see their endgame and it wouldn't take much to tie it all off in Season 12 if that is the end. Raj is by far IMO the one who needs the most work and would have justified having some major focus and development this season, all IMO of course.

I see your point but I gave up or rather became disgusted by Raj years ago and honestly think the show would be better without him

• Like 2
  • Koala Face 1

10 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

Yeah, well. Can’t kill the premise. :)

I can’t forget Diana’s comment about the number of people in her marriage. Let’s see what Amy sets for her expectations. Joint custody? 

But hey, it’s not the same. This is a fairy story. :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JE7 said:

I see your point but I gave up or rather became disgusted by Raj years ago and honestly think the show would be better without him

He has been like an after thought or the it's let's screw with Raj again time.

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic