[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

12 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think the only way that could of happened is if Sheldon didn't like the dress.

I think it is very Amy. Very layery. All covered up. She never shows skin she is old fashioned. Remember the Christmas party she had? That is her thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chucky said:

I was busy watching the NFL draft. Turned over to see the chosen dress. All I can say is that the bride and groom love it. Np pne else matters. I can't believe I said that.

I should of been too since I'm a male Lenny fan discussing wedding dresses.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, vonmar said:

This bit of dialogue with regard to one of the other dresses.....lol

Penny: Look at this wedding dress!
Amy: My mother wouldn’t approve. There’s too much clavicle. She calls it the bosom’s welcome mat.
Penny: When Sheldon sees you in that dress he’s going to want to methodically take it off, fold it up carefully, place it in a storage box, label it, and then ravage you.

Source EW

I love that so much! Truth!

• Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Well, we disagree then and from what the other girls share on the other forum we’re in, you’re definitely in the minority on this one.  I think it looks very Victorian and very Amy.  

It is it.  We got other sources along with Brilliantfool.

My dress (pics in Shamy thread) looked more Victorian than this Scarlett O'Hara meets Madonna POS.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think that was the idea that the one she chose was the worst one. I will say the first looked good but not for her. Maybe Penny or Bernadette. Me discussing this shows how bad the guys story was. I'm analyzing wedding dresses.

Yep, that's enough Kool Aid for you brother.

13 minutes ago, Carm6773 said:

My dress (pics in Shamy thread) looked more Victorian than this Scarlett O'Hara meets Madonna POS.

Actually, as I recall, nearly all the brides who posted in the Shamy thread were completely covered up and they all looked very very nice. In fact, I thought several of those dresses would have suited Amy quite well, physically and in character.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sah said:

I think it is very Amy. Very layery. All covered up. She never shows skin she is old fashioned. Remember the Christmas party she had? That is her thing.

I can imagine many dress styles from different periods of history or fashion that would have suited her better, been very much in her style and had her covered up (I don't see anyone saying she should be wearing a dress that shows a lot of flesh). A dress that did reveal a lot wouldn't fit her character at all.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

I can imagine many dress styles from different periods of history or fashion that would have suited her better, been very much in her style and had her covered up (I don't see anyone saying she should be wearing a dress that shows a lot of flesh. A dress that did wouldn't fit her character at all.

See my post just above - you saw the ladies' real life dresses in the Shamy thread. Different styles, most very covered up, some period style, and quite a few that would fit Amy's physique and character.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MsGreentea said:

She doesn’t show much/any flesh but her normal clothes are pretty tight, especially in the backside.  -those pencil skirts are tight.

Mayim has stated she is a size 6 but is considered "big" by hollywood standards

• Like 2

I am talking about Amy, not Mayim.  Amy wears her pencil skirts tight.  And her tops tight too.  Mayim does make

her look heavier than she is by slouching.

Amy does not generally wear loose clothes.  She wears heavy tight clothes

Edited by MsGreentea
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, RoRo said:

Mayim has stated she is a size 6 but is considered "big" by hollywood standards

Those numbers mean nothing and are designed to:  1) Make women feel thinner 2) Keep women trying on things for size longer so that they are more likely to make impulse purchases.  Madness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoRo said:

Sheldon thinks she is beautiful in that dress, that big, ugly dress 

It is so butt ugly I think it's spoiled my enjoyment of the wedding, and I really thought I was going to enjoy it. I called it a few days ago when I said it would probably be like the dress in the movie Bridesmaids, only in this case it doesn't appear that anyone will have the sense to pull some of the crap off of it. It would probably be okay if they got rid of the cape and the gloves and some of the ribbons, maybe. It's sweet that Sheldon likes it, but looking like a couple of swans is not what I thought he would expect. And who buys a wedding dress like that off the rack anyway?

1 hour ago, MsGreentea said:

Just for the record both of Penny’s dresses wete very sweet and very modest - so I don’t know where the Penny coming from.

The first one I totally loathed. I thought that was a really ugly dress, until I saw Amy's. Nothing on earth can be as ugly as Amy's dress. The second one was okay.

56 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think that was the idea that the one she chose was the worst one. I will say the first looked good but not for her.

I liked the first one better than the second. The strapless one emphasized how short she is and made her look way too fat. She can be beautiful in nice dresses. I've seen some photoshoots where she looked stunning. But neither the second one of this last one showed up any of her good points at all. This is MY opinion. Feel free to disagree.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sah said:

Why would he not like this one? He would never want a Penny...he prefers a modest look :) see Amy's 2 cardigans and tights look. Amy must really love layers. Think of it this way. He will get to unwrap all those layers to get to his prize 😀

Two is a thing. I’m gonna guess two cardigans, nether garment, tights and another nether garment. Then the pencil skirt.

Don’t  ask. Consider it a lifestyle tip. :) 

No view on the dress, except hey it’s a comedy. They don’t aim high. But it’s the wrapper, after all. The dress is for the bride, not so much the groom. 

(Just don’t  let any helpful person tie the waist cord on the underlying hoop skirt in a tight knot. That’s an unnecessary complication to the end of the evening... so I heard). 

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

It is so butt ugly I think it's spoiled my enjoyment of the wedding, and I really thought I was going to enjoy it. I called it a few days ago when I said it would probably be like the dress in the movie Bridesmaids, only in this case it doesn't appear that anyone will have the sense to pull some of the crap off of it. It would probably be okay if they got rid of the cape and the gloves and some of the ribbons, maybe. It's sweet that Sheldon likes it, but looking like a couple of swans is not what I thought he would expect. And who buys a wedding dress like that off the rack anyway?

The first one I totally loathed. I thought that was a really ugly dress, until I saw Amy's. Nothing on earth can be as ugly as Amy's dress. The second one was okay.

I liked the first one better than the second. The strapless one emphasized how short she is and made her look way too fat. She can be beautiful in nice dresses. I've seen some photoshoots where she looked stunning. But neither the second one of this last one showed up any of her good points at all. This is MY opinion. Feel free to disagree.

Why don’t you wait until you actually see her on her wedding day before judging it as bad.  There are several people who went to the finale tapping and say her being decked out for the wedding makes all the difference.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Honestly right now I have no desire to watch this episode in its entirety in a few hours when I have to get up. And right now I have no desire to watch the wedding. Feels like this decision has ruined the experience for me, but I am of course in a minority so it doesn't matter much what I think.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Why don’t you wait until you actually see her on her wedding day before judging it as bad.  There are several people who went to the finale tapping and say her being decked out for the wedding makes all the difference.  

Oh, I will probably watch it but it was so absolutely horrible I can't see how they could improve it without tearing half of that crap off of it. It's just disgusting as far as i'm concerned. Yes, it looks like a couple of swans, if you killed them and tied them around your waist.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

As far as Penny’s dresses go, I didn’t line the first one either l, but the style was sweet and modest.  Maybe too sweet and babyish.  I was responding to a comment that Penny would choose a tight, revealing, sexy dress - but they did not do that for either of her weddings.  

I don’t like any of the dresses they had Amy try on (for her).  To look good she needs a sophisticated look.  But as this is Amy and not Mayim, that awful dress is appropriate and funny.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Just my opinion but I think the dress will have ended up getting more focus tonight than during the wedding. There will be other things going on then.

I hope so, but I think part of it is because the girl's plot was so strong and the guy's plot was so weak.

Alex posted a short video in her IG story of curtain calls from that night.  Mayim came out in the dress, but without the jacket/coverup or the gloves.

The bottom is very layered, but the top is very fitted from the waist up with.  It looked much better there than in any of the still pictures we have seen so far.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Alex posted a short video in her IG story of curtain calls from that night.  Mayim came out in the dress, but without the jacket/coverup or the gloves.

The bottom is very layered, but the top is very fitted from the waist up with.  It looked much better there than in any of the still pictures we have seen so far.

That means you likely can't sit down in it and also breathe.  

This is why so many folks buy a different dress for the reception, etc.

Edited by Capt. Hilts
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

That means you likely can't sit down in it and also breathe.  

This is why so many folks buy a different dress for the reception, etc.

It's been my experience that this is only a problem if the bodice of the dress has boning sewn into the seams and that usually only happens in strapless dresses so that the hold their shape and more importantly, stay up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Yeah, if they took some of the crap off it it might be salvageable, but not the way they showed it tonight.

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic