The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, luminous said:

Here are some BTS pictures with Mayim in several wedding dresses. (Pics are from Mayim)

mayim002.jpg.bc5a27e5ef450cd1d37cae957a545a25.jpg

mayim003.jpg.5aafeaca1efe33c09618dcb280730667.jpg

mayim004.jpg.a16c12279634a12bebcb7063a3142385.jpg

mayim005.jpg.09986d34864cceed2bd1430e1216722e.jpg

So beautiful. :maninlove: 

4 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Perhaps if the illness were new. Not if everyone already knows. Guess they are not going to cover every base in 20 minutes.

They've had longer than 20 min to say if Meemaw is ill. They've had a a couple of episodes, as well as tonight's episode to deliver one line saying she's ill and can't make the wedding. The writers don't need a whole episode for that one line.

3 hours ago, luminous said:

Happy new episode day, everyone! :icon_biggrin:

pennystepawayfromthebride1123.gif.6f397754a9126eadb7d95e005d1f1fe8.gif

Only one more for this season!  😭

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chucky said:

They've had longer than 20 min to say if Meemaw is ill. They've had a a couple of episodes, as well as tonight's episode to deliver one line saying she's ill and can't make the wedding. The writers don't need a whole episode for that one line.

Only one more for this season!  😭

They didn't explain Penny's sister and her family not showing up to the redo either :(

• Make a lot more sense than that 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Carlos said:

Well that shows you who the writers appreciate more, doesn't it? I really hope the wedding is great for all Shamies. However I would be lying if I didn't mention that I would have hoped that the same importance would have been given to Lenny's wedding. the fact that they had to do it twice because they fubar'd it the first time, is unconscionable.

No it doesn't. It shows the writers wrote for the characters. Leonard and Penny (mostly Penny) were always more free spirited and eloping was right in character for them.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, bfm said:

They didn't explain Penny's sister and her family not showing up to the redo either :(

Nor any of Leonard’s siblings.  They could have explained it that they aren’t close and had only a short notice -but again they had 20 minutes.  I am also expecting that there will be no mention of why Beverly isn’t at Sheldon’s wedding. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sah said:

We have yet to see a reception and this could have been fun to watch.

I don't even want to see Shamy's reception. I hope we don't.

Has there ever been a season cliff hanger that was not shown to an audience in advance - to keep it from being spoiled?

1 minute ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I have real mixed emotions on this wedding,  really ready for Sheldon’s wedding to be over - sorry the season is over.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

This was said for Lenny. I don't want to see a wedding reception either. The wedding is good enough.

7 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Where’s Meemaw?

I don't care where she is. The part was horribly miscast (no offense to the actress) and it's especially obvious now that the character was so different from the Young Sheldon version. They had an enormous backlash against that poor actress.

6 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

As far as May 10 I think the “Big Day” is more about guest stars and plugging YS.

Perfect resume of the situation. Thank you.

1 hour ago, MsGreentea said:

Perhaps they chose the right dress for Amy after all.

I still say no. It's hideous as far as I"m concerned.

3 minutes ago, Sah said:

This was said for Lenny. I don't want to see a wedding reception either.

I know. I didn't want to see Lenny's and I don't want to see Shamy's either. If I hadn't said that I'm sure people would have complained I was being unfair.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I don't care where she is. The part was horribly miscast (no offense to the actress) and it's especially obvious now that the character was so different from the Young Sheldon version. They had an enormous backlash against that poor actress.

Well, I agree with you but it won't hurt imo if we gather she was ill for travelling, for example. Bad cast or not, Meemaw is an important person in Sheldon's life.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Chrismo said:

While true wouldn’t that be mentioned considering how important she is to Sheldon?

She could have made an excuse of being unwell, or perhaps committed already to another wedding because she doesn't like Amy and doesn't want to see Sheldon's neck in the noose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I blame the material more than the casting in that case. 

The plan all along was to have her butting heads with Amy so whoever they cast was going to do that (and the whole point of the episode really was to reveal the ring). I get the portrayal of an overprotective 'blood runs thicker than water' grandmother (I suspect most of us have had grandparents or know people who do who have blinkers on when it comes to their grandchildren and outside the family influences or situations) but it felt too much in that episode.

I actually think the actress could have played a Meemaw more like you see on YS (and like adult Sheldon mentioned her over the years), obviously being a lot older and everything that brings to the character but that particular story didn't need that. The show has proven they will change anything if the story needs it.

And well with the YS show now running you are going to see inconsistencies and differences and looking back with hindsight is no exception. Georgie tonight is kind of going to rewrite a lot of what we thought about him after 11 years of TBBT mentions.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, bfm said:

So, what does that have to do with Meemaw. I was responding to a poster saying they didn't have time in 20 minuets to explain her absence. 

11 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I blame the material more than the casting in that case. 

The plan all along was to have her butting heads with Amy so whoever they cast was going to do that (and the whole point of the episode really was to reveal the ring). I get the portrayal of an overprotective 'blood runs thicker than water' grandmother (I suspect most of us have had grandparents or know people who do who have blinkers on when it comes to their grandchildren and outside the family influences or situations) but it felt too much in that episode.

Completely agree. Material is to be blamed more than the Actress.

4 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Excluding themselves and the officiant (Bernadette), they had eleven.

No they had two. Themselves. They were already married when they had the redo.

1 hour ago, bfm said:

JMO but her sister and her family wasn't as important as MeeMaw was to Sheldon

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

JMO but her sister and her family wasn't as important as MeeMaw was to Sheldon

I don't believe anyone cared enough to ask where her sister was and why she didn't make the wedding. Meemaw is very important to Sheldon and it would have taken one sentence to explain her absence. Easy peasy.

40 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

BTW, is it just me or IG links embedding isn't working properly?

It's not just you. 😕

Twitter links embedding works...

Edited by luminous
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • It's a Tiara 1

1 hour ago, MsGreentea said:

Has there ever been a season cliff hanger that was not shown to an audience in advance - to keep it from being spoiled?

I have real mixed emotions on this wedding,  really ready for Sheldon’s wedding to be over - sorry the season is over.

I could be wrong, so somebody help...I think Penny's "it means I wish you were'nt going" at the end of Season 2 was not shown to the audience.....Again, I'm not entirely sure.....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, luminous said:

normancook Just 2 new episodes left of season 11!! Don’t miss tonight ! All I can say is I was soooo happy I didn’t have to sit in makeup as long as my co-stars did! 👀 🤣 @bigbangtheory_cbs

30884768_378459345985591_2087512426940465152_n.thumb.jpg.1690b41945df1a6268555bafdc455ee2.jpg

I can picture Kaley saying that and probably got a few chuckles watching it happen in the make up room. Probably along with Johnny and Jim. Gotta love her facial expressions! :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by chucky

2 hours ago, MsGreentea said:

Nor any of Leonard’s siblings.  They could have explained it that they aren’t close and had only a short notice -but again they had 20 minutes.  I am also expecting that there will be no mention of why Beverly isn’t at Sheldon’s wedding. 

I didn't mind the lack of explanation for Leonard's siblings as it was obvious to me.

1 hour ago, chucky said:

So, what does that have to do with Meemaw. I was responding to a poster saying they didn't have time in 20 minuets to explain her absence. 

I just pointed out that they also didn't bother with Penny's sister.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bfm said:

I just pointed out that they also didn't bother with Penny's sister.

Yeah, that was weird. I mean, during their engagement time Penny put off preparing for the wedding at least one time because she wanted her brother to attend (he was in jail at that time, I think?) but apparently she didn't care about her sister????

• Like 3