[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

Oh a potential Leonard story :icon_cheesygrin:. Leonard goes for grants and funding. Reminds me of an episode in s4. Leonard slept with that woman to get a grant for Cal-Tech lol.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Tenji! Sounds interesting! I'm all for a work story for Leonard. Many of us Lennys had that as part of our wish lists. Maybe he has some new exciting idea? He was the one who had the idea that led to the gyroscope invention. 

• Like 1

Mhmm. Spoke to my friend again and I think they got confused! I think it sounds like Leonard was interviewed on radio about something and it didn't go well. Not sure where they got the funding thing from. I think the SM account was in a different language...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Tenji said:

Mhmm. Spoke to my friend again and I think they got confused! I think it sounds like Leonard was interviewed on radio about something and it didn't go well. Not sure where they got the funding thing from. I think the SM account was in a different language...

:( Well maybe it leads to something better...? Hope we'll at least have Penny comforting him and Sheldon not being a giant jerk.

I wish we'll get some more information.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, bfm said:

:( Well maybe it leads to something better...? Hope we'll at least have Penny comforting him and Sheldon not being a giant jerk.

I wish we'll get some more information.

Still a Leonard plot that's unexpected and good news. Maybe it leads to a potential arch. Johnny has been so under-utilised past few seasons or so. I'm sure Penny we'll comfort Leonard. When has she not? Sheldon we'll true to form though lol. I wonder what kinda radio station Leonard is interviewed on though. No surprises it doesent go well though. It is a comedy, and they do love to make Leonaed squirm lol. I know Sheldon went on a radio station in s3. And the guys And Kripke lol. Played that Helium prank on him. If it's funny that's the most important thing for me. Everyone else we'll be Implied. But yeah probably need more information. Till we have a grasp on the plot. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Still a Leonard plot that's unexpected and good news. Maybe it leads to a potential arch. Johnny has been so under-utilised past few seasons or so. I'm sure Penny we'll comfort Leonard. When has she not? Sheldon we'll true to form though lol. I wonder what kinda radio station Leonard is interviewed on though. No surprises it doesent go well though. It is a comedy, and they do love to make Leonaed squirm lol. I know Sheldon went on a radio station in s3. And the guys And Kripke lol. Played that Helium prank on him. If it's funny that's the most important thing for me. Everyone else we'll be Implied. But yeah probably need more information. Till we have a grasp on the plot. 

Presumably the same radio station/show that Sheldon went on considering it's the same guy who posted a picture last week on being on set.

• Like 1
  • Koala Face 1

There is a Tumblr post I have found with more information. I have no idea how to link that but Leonard went on Science Friday to be interviewed and it went badly. He gets in trouble with Mrs Davis about it. Credit to Shamybabboos Tumblr.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

53 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Just Kripke.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tenji said:

There is a Tumblr post I have found with more information. I have no idea how to link that but Leonard went on Science Friday to be interviewed and it went badly. He gets in trouble with Mrs Davis about it. Credit to Shamybabboos Tumblr.

Thanks for the info Tenji! :)

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3
  • Koala Face 1

32 minutes ago, Tenji said:

Thanks. Poor Leonard, I wonder what went wrong he is not usually one to get in trouble with Human Resources... Maybe something he said about the university that sounded off? Maybe he revealed something he shouldn't have had? Interesting. I wonder if this is a one episode thing or something that will have lasting consequences on his job. I think it might be good having a Leonaed plot, of course we will have to wait and see.

Edited by bfm
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Judith said:

You beat me to it :)

I guess Leonard said something like he told Penny on their kinda-first-date. Sounds like it was concluded in the episode itself but who knows... Though he has been thinking this way for a long time he always seemed passionate about physics. I wish they would explore that more. 

• Like 4
  • Koala Face 2

LOL, No wonder Sheldon's career is in the dumps. They rarely show him succeed at anything for a very long time. There is nothing going on in his life other than being a fiance and a dumbed down unfunny caricature, I wonder how the Howard/Bernie plot will go. They have shown that Bernie is more successful than Howard before though and how it is (not- hilariously) castrating to Howard ughh. 

Leonard's thinking is depressing too but it looks like he has the most interesting original plot in this one. Very intriguing reason for Leonard to fail the interview.   Thanks !

I am not watching 11.01 but I might consider watching this one, when it airs. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bfm said:

A science driven plot sounds like a good development, though they might focus on Leonard being in trouble and leave it at that. We will have to see. 

I think it could be setting up a new project for them, the writers did float the idea during hiatus.

• Like 3
  • Koala Face 1

7 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I know I am going to enjoy the girls (well Amy/Bernie mainly by the sounds of it) storyline in this one (maybe not so much this concept of not telling their partners how successful they are, hiding stuff. Seems very been there done that). But when the girls/some of them are competitive with each other it's usually funny.

Sounds like Penny seeing her husband and her friends depressed tries to cheer them up, I guess that hearkens back to some of the old school TBBT kind of storyline. I personally don't miss those but I see posts on here all the time about those days so hopefully those who do will enjoy it.

Don't know why depression that Leonard experienced seems to have transferred to the others, I guess that will become clear in the conversations presumably they all have together? Maybe it's still lingering disappointment over the guidance project being taken off them? Maybe it is finally hitting them now?Maybe they are just bored lol?

I like the actress who plays the HR woman so good to see her back, for her to bollock Leonard suggests he really fucked up lol.

Sounds very much like it's a you have to watch it to see how it's all threaded and linked kind of episode. And as expected by some of us a change of pace episode.

Thanks again for the spoilers! As always greatly appreciated, if anyone who went reads this thread I hope you had an amazing time last night! :)

Where did you get the information about Penny? She wasn't mentioned in that Tumblr post.

And what Leonard said to me sounds like what he said to Penny almost 10 years ago, that there hasn't been anything new in Physics since the 1930s. It may be that in the interview the impression was that he thinks Physics is not worth studying. The guys might consider what he said and think that he is right. Sheldon might act as if he thinks Leonard is an inferior scientist but I think he actually does appreciate him and he has always been kind of their leader so I wouldn't be surprised if they give his words serious consideration.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bfm said:

Where did you get the information about Penny? She wasn't mentioned in that Tumblr post.

And what Leonard said to me sounds like what he said to Penny almost 10 years ago, that there hasn't been anything new in Physics since the 1930s. It may be that in the interview the impression was that he thinks Physics is not worth studying. The guys might consider what he said and think that he is right. Sheldon might act as if he thinks Leonard is an inferior scientist but I think he actually does appreciate him and he has always been kind of their leader so I wouldn't be surprised if they give his words serious consideration.

I got the impression from the BTS photo on Instagram that Kaley was rehearsing with the guys, all had scripts in their hands. I just assumed that she was interacting with them in this storyline. Especially as it looks like Amy and Bernie are off competing with each other.

So a Penny/guys split and a Amy/Bernie one was my guess.

I could be wrong though, we shall see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

I got the impression from the BTS photo on Instagram that Kaley was rehearsing with the guys, all had scripts in their hands. I just assumed that she was interacting with them in this storyline. Especially as it looks like Amy and Bernie are off competing with each other.

So a Penny/guys split and a Amy/Bernie one was my guess.

I could be wrong though, we shall see.

I think Penny trying to cheer them up could be very nice and this kind of split would be refreshing. But she could also be "caught in the middle" between Amy and Bernie. Or both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bfm said:

I think Penny trying to cheer them up could be very nice and this kind of split would be refreshing. But she could also be "caught in the middle" between Amy and Bernie. Or both.

Yeah both could work.

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2017 at 11:03 AM, Gbb said:

So thinking about Howardette's wedding made me think it would be fun to hear everyone's favorite non-ship moments from the show. A few of mine:

• Raj and Penny realizing he just spoke to her without alcohol
  • Leonard, Raj and Wolowitz, high on brownies
  • Howard and the gang's song to Bernadette (kind of shippy but including it for everyone singing with him)
  • Sheldon telling Howard that his friends are there to support him after his mom died
  • The entire scavenger hunt episode
  • Game night with Lenny and Shamy (not counting as shippy since it was boys against girls)
  • The guys blowing up Feynman's van
  • Penny and Sheldon singing sea shanties while making Penny blossoms

I have more but I'll leave some for you guys :)

(I don't think this is any shipping:)

When Penny was thinking about breaking up with Leonard and Sheldon breaks into her bedroom and tells her "Please don't hurt my friend".

• Like 4
  • Koala Face 1

• Tensor pinned this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unpinned this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic