[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

The problem with Bernadette is her character has changed dramatically from season 3 to season 11. Even from 5 or 6 on. The second pregnancy killed off any Lenny pregnancy scares or trying to get pregnant storylines.

Yeah, she's become more bossy and a pain in the ass, as well as, scary. 

46 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think Holland could of been more evasive when questioned about further kids. I mean saying no kids upsets some people and changing your mind later makes you lose credibility (as if he has any anyways).

The writers and the actors have more than once confirmed that they do not want real kids on set. Bernadette's first baby was a spontaneous and crazy idea, because they probably couldn't do anything concrete with Howardette and thought they found a hilarious replacement for Howard's invisible but iconic mother. The second child was due to Mel's real life, but the writers manoeuvred themselves into a dead end with that (imo).
It doesn't matter, as long as the kids are invisible. Now we can all shout out loud "let the babies come" to the authors, their actual plan "no children on the set" will not be affected. 15 invisible children of Shamy, gladly. Lenny's "smart and beautiful babies" at the end of the story, no problem.
Case closed. 😇

bam.gif.0a2979650f55316babc3eda268e8ecce.gif

Edited by veejay
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, veejay said:

The writers and the actors have more than once confirmed that they do not want real kids on set. Bernadette's first baby was a spontaneous and crazy idea, because they probably couldn't do anything concrete with Howardette and thought they found a hilarious replacement for Howard's invisible but iconic mother. The second child was due to Mel's real life, but the writers manoeuvred themselves into a dead end with that (imo).
It doesn't matter, as long as the kids are invisible. Now we can all shout out loud "let the babies come" to the authors, their actual plan "no children on the set" will not be affected. 15 invisible children of Shamy, gladly. Lenny's "smart and beautiful babies" at the end of the story, no problem.
Case closed. 😇

okay-dokay! I agree, but I don't think this is the end of the babies discussions. 😉

Edited by chucky

3 minutes ago, chucky said:

okay-dokay! I agree, but I don't think this is the end of the babies discussions. 😉

Holland said no pregnancy stories. Its on this thread somewhere. No babies on the set is a given.

6 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Holland said no pregnancy stories. Its on this thread somewhere. No babies on the set is a given.

I'm in total agreement. To tell the truth I wouldn't believe Holland or the writers if they told me the sun was up and shinning. I would still go check on the sun myself. 😏

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, chucky said:

If, in your opinion, that it is a throw away line, why was it stated on two different episodes and in two different seasons with a mention in a third? Throw away lines are not repeated. The reason we don't have those smart and beautiful kids is because the writers wasted the pregnancy scenes on a woman that didn't want kids and complained the whole time just for comedy sake.

I think it was a throw away line back when the writers had no idea if this series would make four seasons. I think once Penny blurted out the first ILY it became more than just a wild fantasy on the part of Leonard.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I think it was a throw away line back when the writers had no idea if this series would make four seasons. I think once Penny blurted out the first ILY it became more than just a wild fantasy on the part of Leonard.

I agree!  Maybe Leonard turned Penny's guess into reality after all. And since then...everyone can see the formula for the smart and beautiful babies.

o_0329.gif.d1f935816e66a335daad51ee002eab91.gif

That's how the most beautiful fairy tales come into being, isn't it?  :shy:

• Like 5

Holland (and TBTB and the other writers) can CHANGE THEIR MINDS.

They didn't sign a contract with anyone that there'd be no more kids. If the story(line) called for it.... BANG, a kid. If not, no new kid.

Edited by BigBang15
  • Like 2

I don't agree at all that it was a throw away line.  That line re: smart and beautiful babies set the trajectory for Lenny to becoming a couple (ups, downs and all).  Even Sheldon's snarky reply, pans out too.  There were times Leonard hoped, yearned from afar.

Was it meant to foreshadow?  That has yet to be seen.   A flash forward at the end of the series is really is all that is required to make it happen if they don't go with on screen stories. 

As for S12, BALANCE...please please please!!  I beg this of the TPTB.  Now that Shamy are married, can we get back to group epis, spattering of couple life interjected (Lenny affection, not just lame ass hugs), and I would love to see a sub very minor plot of Stuart Denise...(that's probably a long shot but I can dream)...?????????

And for the love of every fan that has been around since the beginning, can the show not be so Sheldon centric?!

I actually enjoy YS and I won't go into my opinions on how it completely destroys the Sheldon I 've been watching on TBBT.  I get that this is a business and CBS has a vested interest in wanting TBBT and YS to be successful.  I enjoy TBBT for the entire cast and not just one character or ship.  I imagine there are other fans similar to me.  It can't be that hard as a professional writer to come up with stories for all the characters (be it arcs or stand alone epis). 

• Like 8
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

I can see this could be true.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Denise07 said:

I don't agree at all that it was a throw away line.  That line re: smart and beautiful babies set the trajectory for Lenny to becoming a couple (ups, downs and all).  Even Sheldon's snarky reply, pans out too.  There were times Leonard hoped, yearned from afar.

Was it meant to foreshadow?  That has yet to be seen.   A flash forward at the end of the series is really is all that is required to make it happen if they don't go with on screen stories. 

As for S12, BALANCE...please please please!!  I beg this of the TPTB.  Now that Shamy are married, can we get back to group epis, spattering of couple life interjected (Lenny affection, not just lame ass hugs), and I would love to see a sub very minor plot of Stuart Denise...(that's probably a long shot but I can dream)...?????????

And for the love of every fan that has been around since the beginning, can the show not be so Sheldon centric?!

I actually enjoy YS and I won't go into my opinions on how it completely destroys the Sheldon I 've been watching on TBBT.  I get that this is a business and CBS has a vested interest in wanting TBBT and YS to be successful.  I enjoy TBBT for the entire cast and not just one character or ship.  I imagine there are other fans similar to me.  It can't be that hard as a professional writer to come up with stories for all the characters (be it arcs or stand alone epis). 

misc_445.gif.8bcdf043d696c5092cd1dcf143c05916.gif

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

It was a throw away line to the writers. I'm not saying I agree or disagree, just that I've always had that impression. And they have not proven me wrong.

It may have been for you, but not t the writers.  A throwaway line would be a line only used one, and/or the subject is never referenced again.  They not only used the same line again, but also have referenced the subject again.  So it can hardly be a throwaway line. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Denise07 said:

I agree with everything stated, except the last paragraph. I don't watch that show and I will not watch it.I like my TBBT history the way it is without some upstart show trying to change it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tensor said:

It may have been for you, but not t the writers.  A throwaway line would be a line only used one, and/or the subject is never referenced again.  They not only used the same line again, but also have referenced the subject again.  So it can hardly be a throwaway line. 

Teller's also speakin' to you! 😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

I think it was earlier. When Raj repeated that line (mocking Leonard), it was the episode where Wyatt first visited and told Leonard not to give up on Penny because he wanted grandchildren who won't be living in a house on wheels. The repeating is what made it more than a throw away line per se, I'm just mentioning the rest as I find it interesting.

• Like 5

I don't think it was a throw away line either and I think we could still see Penny having those(or one of them) babies by the end without having a pregnancy story. We could find out in the finale(like many have said) that she is pregnant or even the episode before the last and have the last be a fast forward to her having the baby(not likely but you never know).

When the writers wrote in Bernadette's first pregnancy I think they did it as a last minute thing but to me it worked. They had been married for almost 4 years which for a couple is a good amount of alone time together before children.(I was married almost 6 when I had my first) So if we go by that natural progression Leonard and Penny will be married 4 years in the finale(assuming season 12 is the last). I think that is a perfect amount of time to bring in those smart and beautiful babies.

And as many have said, the writers could change their minds if they get a 13th season. One can only hope.

Here is something this Shamy fan doesn't want....Amy pregnant before Penny(or together.....leave that for fanfiction) and a storyline around that. I am happy enough knowing they have the babies from the line in Young Sheldon. It works for me(maybe not others but definitely me).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, veejay said:

Case closed. 😇

I  love the gif, just look at Penny. :icon_biggrin:

• Haha 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, chucky said:

That was the wasted pregnancy. Even though Melissa was actually pregnant at the time, the writers had options other than baby two. They could have waited until she started to show, then have the company send her on a job related work . She could have skyped with Howard and the gang.

JMO, but I think what could have happened was Melissa advised she was pregnant and tptb decided to make that a story. Then suddenly Melissa miscarried but they had to continue the storyline instead of creating a miscarriage storyline which maybe was too dramatic for a comedy.  Then when Melissa actually got pregnant they made the ridiculous storyline of a second child. This decision probably took away any plot for Lenny to have a pregnancy.  Again, another decision to throw Lenny under the bus.  How Johnny and Kaley can keep upbeat on their characters is truly remarkable. But I guess they want to keep the legacy of TBBT in good standing. I truly admire them both.

• Like 4

Apropos of nothing...

I saw the 11.15 novelisation episode. I laughed. Two things stuck out:  1. Leonard is seriously messed up :) and,  2. Penny kissed him on the cheek on coming home. I knew 1. - we all likely remember the dream with Leonard strapped to the wall and Penny in latex/leather - a metaphor for the relationship  but 2. was nice and, I think, rare.

Other stuff happened and I laughed - but Leonard is messed up. Funny. Cue Divinyls’ Pleasure and Pain... 

It’s a fine line, what.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I wonder if they can get them all to sign, Kaley may have to work on Johnny if rumors about the last signing were true.

But, who's going to work on Kaley? She may want to just ride in the Equestrian Horse Shows.

12 hours ago, chucky said:

If, in your opinion, that it is a throw away line, why was it stated on two different episodes and in two different seasons with a mention in a third? Throw away lines are not repeated. The reason we don't have those smart and beautiful kids is because the writers wasted the pregnancy scenes on a woman that didn't want kids and complained the whole time just for comedy sake.

Well, to be fair, one time was Howard making fun of Leonard. If everything Howard made fun of Leonard for came true, we'd have a totally different show. I just do not trust the writers to want to do it or do it well. I can't explain it any better than that. And even though I definitely don't want to see them do it, Amy and Sheldon have talked about having kids in more than one season and more than one time so I don't see why that's the deciding factor. I think these people are serious that they don't want to go there. If the show does indeed get more seasons, then maybe. But now...I don't think they are just blowing smoke about not wanting to do more baby storylines.

I think tptb will do anything they think will make them more money

Well, to be fair, one time was Howard making fun of Leonard. If everything Howard made fun of Leonard for came true, we'd have a totally different show. I just do not trust the writers to want to do it or do it well. I can't explain it any better than that. And even though I definitely don't want to see them do it, Amy and Sheldon have talked about having kids in more than one season and more than one time so I don't see why that's the deciding factor. I think these people are serious that they don't want to go there. If the show does indeed get more seasons, then maybe. But now...I don't think they are just blowing smoke about not wanting to do more baby storylines.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

As I have said in another post, I wouldn't trust the writers or Holland if they said the sky was blue and the sun was shining. I would definitely check to see if that was true.

• Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic