[Spoilers] Season 11 Discussion Thread

Tensor

11 hours ago, Swedish Chef said:

I can agree with you if we are talking about Shamy and Howardette, but I really don't see any significant movement made by Lenny or Raj this last season to be honest.

I do not necessarily like to disagree, but I would like to make an observation.
So if you distance yourself from the usual couple viewing, I can already see a significant difference in the development of Penny. E.g. she helped Sheldon to look deeper at string theory and also used her literal knowledge of educational practice against him (lol). Penny's attempts at corporate promotion with Bill Gates and her firmness against Ray's self-adulation on the discovery of a comet. Finally, her resolute appearance as a maid of honor at Shamy's wedding.
These examples might be suffice as proof of my statement. 😉

n_0544.gif.abe001f35ef31de0522ff3035ac29f1d.gif

Edited by veejay
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, veejay said:

I do not necessarily like to disagree, but I would like to make an observation.
So if you distance yourself from the usual couple viewing, I can already see a significant difference in the development of Penny. E.g. she helped Sheldon to look deeper at string theory and also used her literal knowledge of educational practice against him (lol). Penny's attempts at corporate promotion with Bill Gates and her firmness against Ray's self-adulation on the discovery of a comet. Finally, their resolute appearance as a maid of honor at Shamy's wedding.
These examples might be suffice as proof of my statement. 😉

n_0544.gif.abe001f35ef31de0522ff3035ac29f1d.gif

Isn't Penny pretty stuck in her work as a saleswoman, not much is happening.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, veejay said:

Well, we should leave some new ideas for the writers for the next season. 😎

Yes, with Shamy wedding out of the way, perhaps the writers can write some new different and funny stories next season.

Edited by Swedish Chef
  • Like 4
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

Yes, with Shamy wedding out of the way, perhaps the writers can write some new different and funny stories next season.

Bork! :locomotive:

Edited by JE7
Hope I said that right i dont really speak Swedish
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, veejay said:

Well, we should leave some new ideas for the writers for the next season. 😎

Sorry, but those writers don't know how to accept good ideas. They want everyone but shamy to be boring and consistent with their views of how the couples should be.

24 minutes ago, Swedish Chef said:

And tonight there will be a blue moon.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tensor said:

I would have though she would have recognized Howard in The Birthday Synchronicity, as a penis caught in a robot hand would have been rather memorable.

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 1

Just a question that came to me this morning. Who cuts Sheldon's hair now. Did they find his hair cut records? Did his barber pull through his ailment, or is Penny still cutting his hair. Just some wondering thoughts that invaded my mind this morning.😏

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, chucky said:

Just a question that came to me this morning. Who cuts Sheldon's hair now. Did they find his hair cut records? Did his barber pull through his ailment, or is Penny still cutting his hair. Just some wondering thoughts that invaded my mind this morning.😏

In 10/24 Leonard said he had taken Sheldon for a haircut so Penny didn't do it that time. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2018 at 1:38 PM, chucky said:
On 5/19/2018 at 1:01 AM, Tensor said:

I would have though she would have recognized Howard in The Birthday Synchronicity, as a penis caught in a robot hand would have been rather memorable.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm not sure that it'd be all that memorable. A and E staff generally have seen much stranger things, especially if the hospital is near a university. :) 

However, if she did recognise Howard and Raj, she wouldn't have betrayed confidentiality in front of Bernie. Perhaps her flippant questioning,though, was a result of having remembered where she'd seen them before.

8 hours ago, joyceraye said:

In 10/24 Leonard said he had taken Sheldon for a haircut so Penny didn't do it that time. 

Good to know. But, does Penny always cut Sheldon's hair or does a barber have his "hair cut records" and performs that particular task? We all know how Sheldon feels about his schedule. 😏

Edited by chucky

8 hours ago, chucky said:

Good to know. But, does Penny always cut Sheldon's hair or does a barber have his "hair cut records" and performs that particular task? We all know how Sheldon feels about his schedule. 😏

Obviously Penny doesn't always do it, otherwise nobody would have to take Sheldon anywhere. Whether she still does it occasionally we haven't been told. We haven't got the information on the rest yet, either. I'm guessing the usual barber is better and cutting his hair again otherwise Leonard would have mentioned whether Sheldon played up or not. It wouldn't surprise me if they were saving a storyline or a line in a conversation ready for when the old boy retires. It's too good an idiosyncrasy to drop forever.

• Penny Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Obviously Penny doesn't always do it, otherwise nobody would have to take Sheldon anywhere. Whether she still does it occasionally we haven't been told. We haven't got the information on the rest yet, either. I'm guessing the usual barber is better and cutting his hair again otherwise Leonard would have mentioned whether Sheldon played up or not. It wouldn't surprise me if they were saving a storyline or a line in a conversation ready for when the old boy retires. It's too good an idiosyncrasy to drop forever.

Thanks for responding to my small endeavor in humor. I gots to have fun to make the day go by faster.

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

From Deadline Hollywood

2017-18 TV Series Ratings Rankings: NFL Football, ‘Big Bang’ Top Charts

CBS’ The Big Bang Theory will finish the 2017-2018 TV season as the country’s most watched series with an average of 18.634 million viewers. NBC’s NFL Sunday Night Football is the season’s highest-rated series in the key 18-49 demographic, with a 6.2 rating; it also takes the No. 2 spot in overall audience (18.285M).

In the demo, NBC’s sophomore series This is Us (5.4) follows football, while Big Bang ranks No. 5 (4.4).

<full article in the link>

Numbers like 18 mill on Average this season. And a 4.4 Demo. Kinda guarentees an 13th season. 

Of course the next step would be Contract Negotiations. But read that won't happen, well they won't know if the show well be extended to a 13th season. Till May 2019 in Advance. But with these kinda numbers. And if the cast are all keen. You would expect we are getting a 13th season. At this stage its less about quality. And more about if the Studio think the series is still going to make a profit.

Seeing the show is clearly very expensive too produce. With these kinda numbers, and revenue its still bringing in. And finishing as #1 most watched series, and #2 in Overall audience. I Would say it is just a matter of time. Before we get a 13th Season renewal announcement. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

From Deadline Hollywood

2017-18 TV Series Ratings Rankings: NFL Football, ‘Big Bang’ Top Charts

CBS’ The Big Bang Theory will finish the 2017-2018 TV season as the country’s most watched series with an average of 18.634 million viewers. NBC’s NFL Sunday Night Football is the season’s highest-rated series in the key 18-49 demographic, with a 6.2 rating; it also takes the No. 2 spot in overall audience (18.285M).

To say the least these are very impressive numbers going into its 12th season. I would hope that my personal taste would be more in tune with these millions of people but however , it is not. IMO, the show has creatively declined since end of S7, even if there have been some good moments here and there. What is infuriating (to me) is that when writers apply themselves they can still write good stuff, even if it doesn't happen that often anymore.

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, Carlos said:

To say the least these are very impressive numbers going into its 12th season. I would hope that my personal taste would be more in tune with these millions of people but however , it is not. IMO, the show has creatively declined since end of S7, even if there have been some good moments here and there. What is infuriating (to me) is that when writers apply themselves they can still write good stuff, even if it doesn't happen that often anymore.

Oh yeah I agree the show creatively went off a cliff post S6. But at this stage the Studio are going to care about if the show is profitable anymore. And it clearly is. 

• Like 5